Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ A Duel For Love ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

YUGIOH GX
A Duel For Love, Part 2
 
By Robster80
 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story, or even Yugioh GX. The Character Disa is taken from the PSP video game Yugioh GX Tag Force, so I do not own her, either. I write fanfiction for fun, not profit.
 
Notes: This is set at the end of year one; Chumley and Zane have left Duel Academy, and the whole storyline with the Three Sacred Beasts has been resolved. Also, I haven't been keeping track of the series so I may get cards' names or attacks wrong.
 
 
“Wake up, Jay! Class is over.”
 
Jaden Yuki slowly opened his eyes, sat back up in his chair, and let out a big yawn while stretching his arms. “First is last, and last is first, yeah, Professor…” he said while half-asleep. The class he was in had been lectures on how chains worked in regards to monster effects, spells and traps in duels.
 
“Forget it, Jaden,” Syrus Trunesdale sighed. They were among the few students who were trailing behind after classes ended for the day. “You slept right through the lessons. And you even missed the big announcement.”
 
Now fully awake, Jaden blinked before looking at Syrus. “What announcement?”
 
“I'm just as surprised as Syrus that you slept through that.”
 
Both boys turned to see an Obelisk Blue girl with long black hair tied in the back so it looked a little like an hourglass. “Hi, Mindy,” both of them said.
 
“Jaden,” Mindy began, “Chancellor Sheppard announced that this weekend we're having a tag team tournament. Also, most of the school is supposed to have teams made up of one student per dorm; like, say, you and Bastion Misawa were to form a team. And even boy-girl teams are allowed, too.”
 
“She's right, Jay,” Syrus chimed in. “It'll be good experience for us as duelists.”
 
Just then, Chancellor Sheppard's voice once more came through the PA system. “JADEN YUKI, REOPRT TO THE OBELISK BLUE DUELING ARENA! I REPEAT, JADEN YUKI, TO THE OBELISK BLUE DUELING ARENA!
 
Standing up, Jaden stretched his body before gathering his gear. “Wonder what's up with me being there? Oh well, I'm sure I'll find out. Later, Sy, Mindy.”
 
“Don't forget, Jaden, you should try finding a partner outside of Slifer Red!” Syrus called after him. “…He'll have better luck than me,” he added quietly. Suddenly, he felt a warm hand on his left shoulder, and turned to see Mindy smiling at him.
 
“Now I wouldn't say that,” she replied, still smiling. “So, cutie, how about you be my partner for the tournament?”
 
Syrus' eyes widened to their fullest. “Really?! You want to me to be your partner?”
 
Mindy nodded. “Yup. After all, you are cute in a short sort of way.”

“Really?! You want to me to be your partner?”
 
Mindy blinked; it seems she shocked Syrus into a rut with her asking to partner up with him. “Whoops,” she muttered, blushing a bit. “Wasn't expecting this.” She took Syrus by the arm and started dragging him behind her. “…But he's even cuter when he's in shock. Wonder what Alexis and Jasmine will say when I tell them?”

“Really?! You want to me to be your partner?”
 
 
***************************************************************** ***********************************
 
 
JADEN YUKI, REOPRT TO THE OBELISK BLUE DUELING ARENA! I REPEAT, JADEN YUKI, TO THE OBELISK BLUE DUELING ARENA!
 
The instant that Alexis and Disa heard the announcement, they both changed directions and started running for the Obelisk Blue arena. Alexis, knowing her brother Atticus, must have somehow set this up just for her. Disa, however, neither knew why Jaden was summoned there, nor cared as long as she got to him before somebody else did to ask him to be his partner. In the end, they reached the arena… exactly at the same time together.
 
“Huh? Disa?” Why is she here?
“Alexis?!” Why is SHE here?! “So… what brings you here?”
 
“Well I heard Jaden was paged to come here for something… Though I don't see anybody here except for us. “Anyway, I needed to ask him something, so here I am. And yourself?” Alexis was not suspicious at all. She never really talked much to DIsa, though she knew her name.
 
In a huff, Disa turned her head away. “None of your beeswax!”
 
Did I say or do something to upset her? “It's strange, isn't it? The sudden announcement of this tag tournament, I mean.”
 
“Actually, I think the timing couldn't be better. At least we'll get some normal dueling in after all the craziness that's happened recently.”
 
“Well, I just hope a certain someone doesn't come looking for me.” Alexis felt bad about saying this, but she really didn't want to partner up with Chazz Princeton. Though he showed some improvement during the year after dueling to, and losing to, Jaden, he was still a bit of a snob. And she didn't return his crush on top of that.
 
“Well, I know who I'M going to get as my partner.”
 
“…You know, I guess I'm thankful for this sudden tournament.”

Disa raised an eyebrow. “Why is that?”
 
“Because of Jaden Yuki. I dueled him once, you know.”
 
“…Really?”
 
“Yeah, and surprisingly, he beat my Cyber Blader with his Thunder Giant's special ability, and then eliminated my life points. Sometime after that, I guess after he and Syrus Trunesdale dueled the Paradox Brothers… I always wanted to duel with him. I'm not talking about a rematch, but… as a partner in a tag duel-.”

Disa couldn't stand it any longer. Now that she was sure about Alexis's intentions, she had to take action. “I won't let you!” she snapped.
 
Alexis was startled by the anger in Disa's voice. “Wha??”

“If anybody is going to be Jaden's partner, it's going to be me! I've been biding my time all this year to talk to him, and now with this tag tournament I'll finally get the chance, and you're not getting in my way!”
 
“O-kay… SO why'd you wait all this time just to talk to him?”
 
“Because of you and his stupid friends, that's why! He's always hanging out with his two Slifer roommates, or with you. Well, I've had it! As soon as he gets here, I'm going to make him take me as his partner.”
 
“Now hold on a minute! You can't just decide yourself whom Jaden pairs up with-.”

“I knew it! You want him all to yourself!”
 
Alexis was taken aback by the accusation. TSill, she did blush. “N-not like that! Though I was going to ask him to partner with me-.”
 
“That's a declaration of war, Rhodes! We'll settle it with a duel, right here, right now!” Disa stomped over to a nearby bench and grabbed two duel disks. She tossed one over to Alexis before she put her own on. “The winner gets to be Jaden's partner for the tournament.”

“Hold on,” Alexis exclaimed as Disa headed for the central arena. “Time out here! Jaden's not a prize to be fought over-.”
 
“What's wrong, Rhodes? You afraid to lose?”
 
“That's not it-!”

“Then let's get our game on!”

Reluctantly, Alexis picked up the duel disk and put it on. “…I'll duel, but under one condition; if I win, Jaden chooses his partner himself.”
 
“And if I win… well, you know what I want.”
 
Both duels faced each other in the central arena, their disks activating. The life point counters counted until they reached 4000. The girls then drew their primary five cards. “Duel!”
 
“I'll go first,” Disa said before drawing. “I'll set a monster, and then set one card.” She placed one facedown card in the center monster slot, followed by another in the center spell/trap slot. Both appeared before her in holographic form. “Turn end!”
 
Alexis drew, and then studied her hand. She was a little nervous; she had never dueled Disa before, nor seen this girl in a duel prior to today. I'd better play it safe until I figure out her strategy. “I summon Warrior Lady of the Wasteland (1100/1200) in attack mode.” She placed the card, and a woman in green clothes with a brown hat and cape appeared to stare down Disa.
 
“Then I'll set two cards before I end my turn.”
 
She's afraid to make a move, Disa thought while smirking. Since Alexis didn't know what kind of cards were in Disa's deck, this duel was to her advantage. “I draw.” She looked at the card she drew, and grinned. “I offer my facedown monster, Treeborn Frog (100/100) in order to tribute summon Mobius the Frost Monarch (2400/1000) In attack mode.”
 
The facedown monster revealed itself to be a tiny frog with angel wings before it vanished. In its place appeared a giant in white armor and a flowing cape. Gusts of icy wind surrounded it as it seemed to glare at Alexis from behind its faceplate.
 
“When Mobius is tribute-summoned successfully,” Disa stated with a sneer, “I can destroy up to two spell/trap cards on the field. And I believe you have at least two such facedown cards on your side of the field. Go, Mobius; Spell/Trap Deep Freeze!”
 
Mobius growled lowly as the wisps of icy winds intensified around it. Then they shot out towards Alexis' side of the field…
 
Suddenly, Alexis pressed a button on her duel disk. “Activate trap: Divine Wrath!” One of Alexis' two cards flipped itself up to reveal the named trap. She then picked a card form her hand and placed it in her disk's graveyard slot. “I discard one card form my hand, Princess of Tsurugi, and not only is your Frost Monarch's effect negated, but the monster itself is destroyed.”
 
“What?”
 
An orange light shot out from the trap card into the air before it arched back down and struck Mobius. It roared as its effect cancelled out, and it self-destructed.
 
“Why you…” Disa said, angry at Alexis. Her opponent had somehow anticipated such a tactic even though she barely knew anything about the deck. “You asked for it! I play the spell Premature Burial, giving up 800 LP to revive my Mobius from the graveyard and equip it to him.” She placed the card into the slot, triggering her counter to drop to 3200, and Mobius reappeared on the field.
 
“Battle phase! Go, Mobius; attack her Warrior Lady with Overkill Frostbite!”
 
With a vengeful roar, Mobius threw out a fist at Warrior Lady. A great gust of frozen wind shot out at her, striking her in the chest, thus destroying her. Alexis' counter responded by dropping her LP to 2700.
 
“You activated my monster's ability, Disa.” Alexis then pressed another button, flipping her other facedown card up: a trap card. “And I'll chain it with my trap Attack and Receive: when I take any damage to my life points, my opponent automatically takes 700 points of damage.”
 
A Dagger launched from Alexis' trap right towards Disa. It shot right through her, dropping her counter to 2500. “That's just a scratch, Rhodes! And I still have higher LP than you do. Anyway, I'll end my turn-.”
 
“Hold it! The chain hasn't finished yet. When my Warrior Lady goes to the graveyard as a result of battle, I can special summon from my deck an Earth Warrior-type monster with 1500 attack points or less in attack mode.” Alexis took out her deck and proceeded to look through it before picking out a card. “And I choose my Etoile Cyber (1200/1600).”
 
On Alexis' field appeared a woman with blue skin, long red hair, and a red spandex bodysuit with matching headband. She stood tall in the face of Mobius and Disa.
 
“Doesn't matter, you're still going down. I end my turn.”
 
“My draw.” After getting her new card, Alexis studied her hand carefully. She had Blade Skater, Pot of Greed, Fusion Gate, and Sakuretsu Armor. She then checked the field. Disa still had one facedown card yet to play, which concerned her; it had to be a trap of some sort. I'll just have to try and make her use it.
 
“First, I'll activate my Fusion Gate field-spell card.” The sixth slot reserved for such spell cards popped out of the right end of Alexis' duel disk, and she set the card in it. The holographic projector changed the area into a purple field with a green netted floor and a swirling black hole right above the two duelists.
 
Disa kept a neutral expression, but she knew what Alexis was going for next. And she was ready for it.
 
Okay, so that wasn't a trap for spell cards… “Now I'll use Fusion Gate's effect to remove Etoile Cyber from my field and Blade Skater from my hand from the game to fusion summon my Cyber Blader (2100/ ) in attack mode.”
 
Etoile Cyber jumped up off the field and a purple bald woman with ice skates flew from Alexis' hand. The two clasped hands and flew into the vortex, merging together into one new cyber-girl. This girl had blue skin, long dark blue hair, and a red and orange spandex suit with ice skates and a red visor; she was Alexis' signature fusion monster.
 
However, just as Cyber Blader set foot on the floor, a giant hole, glowing red, appeared underneath it. She was sucked in with a scream and then the hole closed. Alexis was shocked.
 
“I was counting on you to do that,” Disa smirked while her facedown card flipped up. “Just as you summoned your monster, I activated my Bottomless Trap Hole; your Cyber Blader is now removed from the game. Too bad.”
 
“At least I got you to use it up, Disa. Now I'll play Pot of Greed to draw two cards form my deck.” As she said this, a large green vase with a smiling face and blue trim appeared to illustrate Alexis' extra draw.
 
“Next, I'll set a card on the field, and then play Card of Sanctity, which allows both of us to draw until we have six cards in our hands.” Both girls then drew until their respective hands reached the desired number.
 
“Now I'll use Fusion Gate's effect again.”
 
“Going for another Cyber Blader?”
 
“Not quite,” Alexis smiled. “I take these two cards from my hand…” She held them out to show Disa. “Elemental Heroes Clayman and Burstinatrix, and fuse them through my field-spell to call forth Elemental Hero Rampart Blaster (2000/2500) in defense mode.”
 
“What the hell?!”

Disa watched as a bulky, rock-like warrior and a woman in red merged together to form a new bulky monster with a cannon for a right arm. This monster kneeled, putting its arms across its front, as a monster in defense mode usually appeared. “Time out, Rhodes! Where did you get Jaden's cards?”
 
“I traded them to her.”
 
Both girls turned with a jerk to see, watching from the edge of the dueling platform, Jaden and Atticus. Disa smiled warmly at Jaden; Alexis, however, looked shocked.
 
Oh no! How am I going to explain this?!
 
 
To be continued…
 
 
Closing notes: First of all, I know that the REAL Card of Sanctity's effect is not the same as it is in the show. However, you have to admit: Removing all cards in your hand and on the field from play just to draw two cards… that's ridiculous! Second, I am again reminding you all that I have NOT been following the shows as much as I used to due to my real job. So I know I'm not getting the monster's attacks right; you don't have to remind me, please! Third, sorry this took so long. I've tried writing out YGO dueling stories before and I just couldn't think of the right cards to use for playing out the scenarios. Hence why I'm stopping in the middle of Disa & Alexis's duel.
 
Please dread & review, folks. And I'll see you again soon.
-R80