Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ilumination ❯ Chapter 15 Why I am This Way ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15 Why I am This Way
 
Outside Duel Academy's gate; Blair and Brett sat outside in the sun while talking with one another just having an amazing time as a young couple. There was nothing sinister, just a beautiful day where they got time to spend alone and get to know one another better. He sat there on a rock seat with a slanted back; He was completely relaxed with Blair right beside him, and her head was resting ever so gently on his chest. Brett seamed like his old confident self to Blair, but now he was a lot more open and talkative then normal and Blair loved each second of it.
 
“Brett… stop saying that I will become prom queen of my school; I'm not pretty enough… I mean my ears are too big, and my hair is not perfect, and too many other things are wrong with me for others to vote me to have such a award.” Blair was appearing to be much more self conscious, but Brett figured that must have been every teenage girl in the whole world. “Blair… I love everything about you; you are the prettiest girl in the world to me, and everything about you is perfect. I know you will grow into a lovely young woman, and every other girl will be so jealous of you…”
 
Gasping came from Blair just to the words that composed the sweet sentiment; his words left her speechless, and she was holding back the urge to kiss him. “Blair, I'm pretty excited about the tournament you are planning. I just hope we end up on the same team…” Blair giggled at the hint but she figured he knew better; “oh Brett you are so sweet… but don't worry, we will end up on the same team no matter what, and then we will win together!”
 
They both nodded in the joyous sentiment of fighting together side by side; suddenly Brett sneezed, and Blair tilted her head up to look at him. “Oh no… Are you catching a cold… it's my fault because I brought you out to the lake yesterday. Now I just get to take care of you right, I can cook for you and heal you right back to normal too.” Brett nodded causing Blair to let another smile slip out from his relaxed calm face. “I'm just glad I get to spend time with you, next year will be fun with you since I graduate this year.”
 
“That's great… but… what about the end of this year? What are you going to do…?” Brett paused to consider her question, but really was just playing with her. “Well… I guess if you are not tired of me by then, `maybe' I could come with you and enroll in your school or something if I can. Guess it depends if you are ok having me with you most of the time?”
 
Quickly Blair got up and light grazed his chest with her hand in an attempt to smack him. She then went back to her original position resting on his chest with a hint of a pout across her face, and then started to speak in a playful tone. “You better not be tired of me; because that is just insulting to a young lady.” Blair paused before she started to uncontrollably giggle; “I can't wait to show you off to all the other girls… they will be so jealous that I have you!”
 
“You know Blair… when it comes down to it… you do not have to worry about Judai and Alexia. They really do love you, and I know you will be great mother; we do not have to rust at all when it comes to our kids…” Blair nodded into Brett's chest; she knew there was no rush, and she knew her kids really did love her but just maybe it was more of Brett but that was alright to her. Suddenly she wondered why she was worried; it was still too early, and with that her mind was only concerned with spending time with Brett the person she had come to adore.
 
“Brett it is such a beautiful day to be out here with you; the sun is just so warm, and I love doing this… It's hard to think how many of our friends will be leaving. Even Jaden is going, but if I'm with you I will be fine, so don't worry about me.” A clearly visible smile was across Brett's face, and Blair knew it was for her. “You know after all we have been through… we should go on a vacation together…”
 
A cloud blocked the sun from shinning down upon them, and Brett closed his eyes. “So where do you want to go…?” The question was left entirely up to Blair, and she was so excited to answer. He had basically given her permission to go anywhere she wanted to go, and she was still having trouble believing that it was her choice to make. “You really mean I get to pick…! Then I want to go to the most romantic place in the whole world… France!”
 
Immediately Blair turned to gauge Brett's reaction, but Brett only opened his mouth speaking a few short words. “France it is then…” Blair was immediately giggling, and Brett looked at her wondering what he had done, and she was only to happy to answer. “You know… you do not have to act cool for me! I already like you…”
 
A small laugh could be heard from Brett, and Blair went back to laying on his chest. “Blair I really want you to know how much I love you for the way you are… I don't want you to change anything about you no matter who says what about you. I…” but before Brett could finish; he found himself interrupted by Blair giggling loudly. “Don't worry Brett; your opinion is what really matters to me, and I suppose if you like my style that much… I would stay the same for you since you like it that much.”
 
Blair looked up to see Brett smiling up at the sky; she wondered what he could possibly be thinking about. “Brett; what are you smiling about…?”
 
Brett looked down at her and continued to smile; “well I was just am thinking about how lucky I am to have you as my girlfriend. But more importantly how lucky I am to have a real future with you; the news that we get married made me so happy. It is something that I really would like to happen some day.”
 
The sun came out from behind the cloud, and started to warm the young couple; Blair sat lay beside him and started pressing a single finger into his chest with a gentle force making small circles. “I'm excited about that thought to…! To think I will get to married to someone so incredible and different… and exactly what I dreamed of.”
 
A single gasp could be heard from Brett, and Blair shot up thinking something was wrong. She quickly questioned, and Brett answered right away; “I thought you were suppose to end up marrying me?” Blair hit Brett's chest with just enough force to make it slightly painful, but truthfully she liked Brett like this. “My you are in a good mood today; not like you were a bad boyfriend before, but this is nice to see you this happy and not beating yourself up for something.”
 
A gentle breeze blew Blair's bangs a little, and she dropped back down to Brett's rather comfortable quest. Blair playfully started to tease Brett with a rather endearing tone; “I hope you are not this playful when you teach me to play tennis, or when you teach me sword fighting today…”
 
“You think I will ever get powers like you Brett?” Blair rolled over to Brett's side and looked at his now closed eyes. “Blair I cannot say what will happen to you; all I know that you are probably going to live so long as we are bonded together…. I would like to spend as much time as possible with you; no matter what you are the most important thing to me. You make continuing on not so hard when the day starts or ends…”
 
Another gust of wind blew through, and drew Blair's eyes up to Brett's hair. She lifted her arm and started to run her hand through his soft brown hair, and soon she found herself playing with his bangs. She started to giggle and Brett opened his eyes to see her hand playing with his hair. “You have such soft hair Brett, but it is getting so long we will have to get it cut… you think I could pick your style?”
 
Brett nodded to Blair, and then suddenly she sat upwards suddenly; she put her hands together and turned back to him with a huge smile. “I know the perfect haircut for you! And then I can take you shopping for some new clothes and you will be so handsome and I will show you how to be the best looking guy ever!” Blair was completely testing to see what Brett would say, but then suddenly he spoke up and surprised her. “I really look forward to going shopping with you; you will probably make me look good for once.”
 
Smiles were across both their faces, and this time was strengthening their bond so much. Blair's mind drifted to her own wardrobe, and she had never got an answer about this subject. “Brett should I continue to wear this red outfit, or do you want me to wear the obelisk uniform?” Brett waited no time, and he knew she was fishing for an answer; “Blair you know that I like no matter what you wear, and you look good in anything. But… If I had to answer I would say the red uniform because it makes you an original, and it looks good with your blue hair!”
 
The answer Brett had provided was sounded so sincere and was so sweet Blair could only giggle before responding to her boyfriend. “Brett that was just the sweetest and best answer you could have given me; you are just the most amazing boyfriend ever! I think you earned this…”
 
With no time wasted; Blair kissed Brett once on the cheek before moving up in front of his face. “I think you earned a little more; I cannot believe you keep finding ways to be a better boyfriend!” Blair then planted a long and satisfying kiss, and then Brett opened his mouth causing Blair to do the same. For an instant she felt his tongue enter her mouth and touch her tongue.
 
Instantly she backed off much to her displeasure; she was furiously blushing about the surprise that had pleasantly taken her off guard. “Brett that was… amazing! Think you could do that on our next date…?” Brett nodded to her causing Blair to get over excited; “but only on one condition Blair…” Blair would do anything; that feeling of Brett's tongue entering her mouth had aroused her quite a bit, but she would do anything he asked.
 
“I want us to go cooking on our next date, and I want you to teach me and cook for me. I have really wanted to try your cooking for a while!” Blair suddenly jumped forward from her kneeling position and pulled Brett into a hug he could not escape. Her arms wrapped around his neck, and the force made it slightly hard for the young man to breath. “Glad to see you are happy.”
 
Quickly she realized that she was cutting off Brett's air supply by the choppy voice and let him go. Then another thought came into her mind of how she could repay Brett. “I know…! I want to buy a fancy dress so you can take me dancing, and we can have he most romantic night in the history of love!” Her eyes were gleaming with light and excitement that he could just not refuse for a single moment. “I would love to take you dancing when ever you want, and you will have the best dress you want no matter what.”
 
Again Blair found herself overwhelmed with happy thoughts, and there was no way anything would ruin today. Her future was a shinning beacon to her so long as Brett would be at her side. “Brett… would you help me organize the tournament?” Brett immediately nodded and Blair smiled at him before lying back down at his side. All her thoughts focused in on Brett being her perfect boyfriend, and she was so glad she spied on him that one night.
 
“You know, I still do not know what you like. Like what is your favorite kind of music, or your favorite kind of movies, or do you read books?” Brett was a little surprised to hear this question even if it made sense, but he was all to glad to answer. “Well I like every kind of music; except for rap, country, and anything strange like polka. My favorite kinds are rock and classical; I really like sci-fi movies, but anything is pretty good. And I just read to learn; I don't get the whole for enjoyment thing…”
 
Blair had quickly learned and took everything he had said, and this was her chance to try and impress him. “I like pop, rock, and especially classical music… umm… I absolutely love romance movies and especially comedies, but sci-fi movies are so cool. And well… I'm emberassed to say I don't read; I know I'm so dumb not to read…”
 
“Blair…” Blair froze and looked into his eyes, and Brett once again knew how to make it right. “Blair; you do not have to impress me; I'm not going to leave you because you like different stuff… I do listen to pop music sometimes if I find something that is okay. If you like romance and comedies; well the truth is I like those too. If you do not read that is just who you are, and I told you I do not want you to change who you are for me. I think it is kind of better that you and I like some different things because we can show each other new stuff.”
 
And again Blair fell in love with the words that had been uttered; to her it was the perfect thing to say to her. She drew closer and closer till she found her self kissing Brett on the lips; it was a small peck this time; she wanted to say the special kiss for their second date. “I know Brett, but I really want to take an interest in what you like to. Of course you will still end up doing things I like too…”
 
“Blair I cannot wait to do all those things with you…” Blair smiled and laughed; “well we both duel already and you are and amazing duelist. You know I got into dueling so I could meet a few certain famous duelists and win their hearts…” Blair finished with a smile and a wink at Brett causing him to blush. “I guess you have guessed who I'm talking about!”
 
“Really Blair; I'm glad you became a duelist, but I'm only half as good as you…” Blair started to blush, but then turned her head and started to speak in a coy voice. “Oh Brett you are too sweet… but I'm not that good of a duelist. I only got interested to be by certain people; maybe you could get me interested in it again…”
 
Another wink made Brett smile this time, and he was excited about the thought of dueling with her. Blair then started to smile and started to blush before she began to speak; “Brett… I have to tell you that when I had a crush on Zane… I also had a huge crush on you. I watched you and I actually had a scrap book with pictures of you… when Jaden came along I guess I forgot about you…but now I'm so glad I get to be with my hero and my biggest crush. I only have eyes for you…”
 
A gentle hand started grazing Brett's arm; Brett was smiling, but then Blair's arm traveled upwards, and she gasped when her hand met with a weird skin patch. She gasped and moved Brett's shirt up so she could see a huge scar across Brett's bicep. Brett immediately pulled away when he felt Blair's smooth fingers touch his scar. Blair could not figure when he would have received such a wound, but she felt her curiosity bubbling.
 
“Brett… when did you get that; it was not because of me was it…?” Blair's voice sounded so sad and distraught that Brett had to ease Blair's mind. “No Blair… it was not you that caused me to get this. I really had hoped this would never come up again…” Blair approached his opposite side to the one she had been on; she felt his upper arm to fin a scar on his other bicep, and her concern was peaking.
 
“Brett why do you have these; there are scars across both your arms in the same spot on each one. What happened…?” Brett's expression was an extremely sad one; he did not want her to worry, but if he did not tell her then she would never know. It was a crossroads where he could take either path, with his head dropped down In a shameful possession; he did not want to keep any secrets from her. “Blair… if this story gets to gross just let me know and I will stop telling you it.”
 
Blair sat down right beside him and she was nervous; she grabbed Brett's hand and squeezed it tightly just trying to lend her strength. At this moment she had to listen to him and help him, but she was afraid this was more serious then she could have imagined. Her smile was making it slightly easier, but these painful memories started flooding back. “One day my father had sent me to a tournament, and I had beaten all of my opponents; I was just waiting to go home. My bodyguards left me to go to the bathroom in private because I asked them to, but on my way I was grabbed by a someone, and that is when my nightmare began. That day I became a hostage, and was kidnapped for ransom.”
 
Blair gasped, it became instantly and nearly impossible to not stop this but she stayed silent out of the deepest curiosity. “I was kidnapped because I was Maximillion Pegasus's son. All the kidnapers cared about was the money, and their demands were an insane amount of money. I was blindfolded and drugged, and taken to a dark place where it did not matter if I screamed or anything. I woke up in a concrete room that had nothing to sleep on, and that cold damp room became my own personal hell. My first night I was not fed; and sleeping in that near freezing water was almost impossible. That morning after getting no sleep; my captors came in, and they all had masks, and I was so tired. They told me they were going to enjoy this and that no one would have mercy on me…”
 
“They beat me and humiliated me after those comments, and it was the worst experience that I could have ever imaged times a hundred. I was forced to sleep in that same water where I was earlier humiliated, and dying of thirst, and… I just had no choice. By the second morning I was sick, and no matter how bad that first day was the second was so much worse. I was tied up by my arms so I was always forced to stand. My clothes were torn, and those bastards were only about to make it worse!”
 
Brett's raised voice and him swearing were clear indications he was having a hard time, but for some reason he continued on even with Blair weakly telling him to stop. “Every few hours depending on how I was doing they would cut me. I always turned away before they cut me, but it was never anywhere normal. They would cut into my muscles; every time was deeper and felt a thousand times worse. Then I was left to bleed by myself, and like a fool I believed my father would come to rescue me…”
 
This had to stop, and Blair tried to stop again him but he just continued to speak mindlessly trapped by the putrid memories. “It got so bad; I could no longer even lift my arms, or stand. I hung lifelessly… the only promise I could count on was that each day the torture got worse. The pain was beyond belief and it nearly made me lose my mind. My arms were torn apart, and I lost a lot of blood, and by day five I had given up on anyone saving me.”
 
Blair started to beg her boyfriend to stop a little louder, but the flood of memories was unstoppable at this point, and he had to let it out. “A full week passed, or at least that is what they told me… I was almost lifeless, but no matter what I tried; they kept hurting me. The last night I was thrown into my watery cell, and the water hurt my cuts so badly. Each meal was bland, and I was always kept starving, and they ran me down anytime they felt like it.”
 
Brett's body was starting to shiver, and Blair was so worried about his mental state. “After that night; I had completely given up; I started to just wish for death… I just wanted to die, and I would have if I could have moved. They had torn my muscles apart, and every nerve they hit was more pain then anything I had ever felt! The last thing they did was tie me up, and beat me before they left me in a park to die. My throat was bone dry, and it felt like my stomach was eating itself, and I was begging for it to end… I had given up on my own life!”
 
Immediately Brett turned and pressed his head into Blair's chest between her breasts. Brett was balling his eyes out an instant later, and had wrapped his arms fully around Blair. Blair was so mad for demanding why Brett had those scars, and now she was wishing she had never found them. Brett was crying more then he had ever done, and Blair lifted the free portion of her arms to hug Brett as best she could.
 
“Brett I'm so sorry I brought this up…It is all my fault just please forget it.” Blair was so sad, but Brett's voice could be heard from below her. “No it isn't; you are the only thing in my life that makes me feel good, and makes up for that hell! It is all my fathers fault! That is why I hate him; because he would not save me till his conscience caught up with him. I hate him for what he did…!”
 
“Afterwards he paid to get surgery to heal me, and I was in a hospital for over a full month. He covered the whole thing up, and he paid for therapy but it… he left me to die in that place. I hate him so much, and that is why I hate that bastard! I GOD DAMN HATE HIM!”
 
Brett was so distraught that Blair could not even imagine what she could do. He did not stop crying, and all she could was hold him. Then she came up with the only idea that would help Brett. “Brett; show me your scars…” Brett stopped crying and looked up at her with his tear soaked face all confused. He lifted his sleeves, and Blair ran her hand down them and she concentrated hard on her wish that she desired in her heart.
 
Light coated Brett's arms, and Blair's power healed his scars. Slowly Brett started too smile nervously, and he jolted forward and hugged Blair with a good amount of his strength. “Blair… I love you…!” Brett could barely finish his sentence, but Blair was happy she had helped, and to see him smiling was worth it. She could only hope she had not hurt him to much, but she was going to stay at his side and help him past it.
 
“My god Blair; have you no self respect…?” Blair heard the loud voice and recognized it almost immediately; she turned to see the same Obelisk Blue student who had harassed Brett in the other dimension. Blair knew this was the worst possible time, but he had many other guys with him, and all had a menacing look about their faces. This was going to be a problem, they looked like they were here only to make things worse.
 
“To think you are with that freak… if you beg you could have a real guy, and I might let you be my girlfriend. Then I can use you to trade up, that is about all you are good for anyways.” Blair quickly stood up; she was absolutely furious, since this was the worst time for this to happen. “Don't you dare say another word about Brett… just leave him alone…this is not a good time and I'm asking you to please leave.”
 
“Oh Blair; look how much you have fallen… I mean just leave him; he even turned you into a freak. You probably just with him because of his money; look he is even crying… maybe he ran out cash so Blair was about to dump him.” This young duelists words were only trying to make things worse, but he had a tremendous feeling of hate towards Brett. Brett was still not in the right mind to do anything, and he tried to ignore the words, but his friends kept agreeing and supporting him, and Blair was fed up.
 
“No sorry Blair… my offer passed… I do not want some short, flat chested, gold digger as my girlfriend. My new question is how did someone so ugly get to be class rep? Must have stuffed the ballot box just like her training bra!” They all laughed at the leader of the groups joke, but Brett suddenly forgot about everything and rose to his feet.
 
“Shut up… You are horrible bastards, and Blair is beautiful, and the whole school knows it except for you guys.” Brett stopped in front of Blair in defensive position; he was ready to fight if need be. Nothing would hurt her; Blair stood behind him; she was so amazed at the strength he was displaying even after what she had made him remember.
 
“Look boys…! Freak love is that strong; I cannot believe that he ruined you Blair, not like there was ever much to ruin!” Blair heard the comment and peaked out from behind Brett; she was itching to insult these guys back. “You are all horrible; I cannot believe you keep harassing us. I just want to have a good time with my boyfriend!”
 
“Is that so…” the leader bobbed his head and walked around till he could see Blair fairly well. He kept his left hand hidden; waiting till he had the perfect shot, and then he suddenly spoke up and whipped his left hand around. “So you are an ugly freak slut instead…!”
 
Blair shut her eyes tightly and screamed as the thrown rock flew at her, but nothing hit her. She opened her eyes to see Brett had moved into its path, and was in turn hit in the stomach. “All of you should be expelled for what you have done; I cannot believe you said those things and tried to hurt a young girl. You should all stop being so imatur…”
 
Before Brett could finish another rock pelted him in the forehead; leaving a cut on his face. Blood rolled down his face, and he dropped to his knees. Blair hugged him from behind and asked if he was ok; unaware he was bleeding from the rocks impact. “Finally a clear shot!”
 
Blair could not react fast enough, and the next rock thrown just missed her head. She screamed as she felt it skim her head; Brett immediately turned and shielded Blair. All the students began firing rocks at Brett's back, and each on hit him with enough force to let him know they were trying to injure him. More rocks were thrown in succession, and one hit the back of Brett's head causing him to scream.
 
“What do all of you think you are doing…?” With the new female voice's appearance the rock shower stopped, and Brett knew who it was. “Oh no…! It's Alexis…!” shouted one of the students who had tried to injure Brett, and then the leader spoke up. “Come on Alexis; surely you can look the other way; after all I'm a blue student just like you, and these two are pathetic excuses for people. They aren't real duelists anyways, and I'm tired of him getting praise even when he causes so many problems.”
 
“You make me sick Chad; you try to ruin there nice afternoon together, and then you act like I'm not going to bust you for this. I know who you all are, and this is the last time I'm dealing with you. You are all going to be expelled, and if you threaten me or come after Blair or Brett again I will make sure you pay for it!”
 
There was no mistaking the anger in Alexis's voice, and Chad knew that if he did anything to Alexis then he was dead. He grit his teeth fiercely, but knew he could do nothing; he was done, and he turned and left. Alexis whipped out her PDA and typed a message of the situation and what had happened to the Chancellor. Alexis would make sure they would pay for this grave mistake.
 
Blair shook in Brett's arms; she was afraid for Brett's safety more then her own. “Blair are you ok? They are gone now…” Blair heard Brett's and she got out of her crouched position to answer. She shook her head; the only rock that came close had skimmed her but not hurt her at all.
 
A drop of blood fell to the ground Blair was looking at; she looked up to see blood running down her boyfriends distraught face. “Brett you are hurt; you should not have done that for me; you are injured now because you protected me… I can't believe you protected me after all that.” Brett looked at her with a smile despite the pain he was experiencing. “Blair… I was just trying to be a good boyfriend, and don't worry about that hostage story; because; it was not true, I made it up.”
 
What Brett said did not fool Blair for a second, but she could not figure out why he was lying. She wanted to call him out and make him deal with it, but then she considered it was not the best time. “Brett, I'm not going to leave you, because I love you, and I just want you to know that you have been so amazing. I have loved every second I have spent with you today.”
 
Alexis ran over to check Brett who had obviously needed her attention more. Alexis grabbed towel she was carrying for use after their sparring session, but started to use it for cleaning the blood of his face.
 
“Do not worry you two; those guys will be expelled; I promise you. I'm sorry I did not get here sooner… Brett we're you crying?” Alexis handed the towel so Blair could continue cleaning him, and Blair took her time wiping his face clean. Alexis went to his back and lifted his shirt, and she gasped at the number of bruises. “Those… they were really trying to injure you Brett; you have so many that...”
 
No response was heard to Alexis's comment; Brett was still secretly trying to block out the painful memories of when he was kidnapped. Blair licked her thumb and tried to get all the blood she could off his face, and she was worried about the swelling wound on his forehead. “Alexis we should get Brett to see Fontaine; this cut on his head is pretty bad.” Alexis nodded in agreement; she waited for an argument from Brett, but surprisingly nothing came out.
 
Both of the girls helped Brett back to the infirmary; Chancellor Sheppard was already waiting there for them. While Mrs. Fontaine treated Brett's wounds; the chancellor looked over Brett. When he finished; he turned and started to leave for the exit, but stopped to talk to Blair and Alexis. “Alexis I got your message, and those students named will be expelled immediately. Blair I'm sorry you had to go through that…”
 
Without another word the Chancellor left the infirmary to go finish the procedures to expel the students. Alexis watched Fontaine treat Brett's facial cut, but she was still unsure if Brett's mind was ok. “Blair why is Brett so quite; normally he would say he does not need to be in the infirmary, but he is deadly silent. Did those guys really say something that was really that bad?”
 
Blair shook her head; “no Alexis… it is not that. We were having such a nice day together; he was fun and we talked about so many things, but then I…” When Blair stopped in mid sentence; Alexis looked at her wondering what kind of horrible thing had happened. “Did you break up with him, or was it something about what happened yesterday?”
 
Never before had Alexis seen Brett this emotionless; he sat on the bed not reacting to anything. Fontaine accidentally slipped and pressed into a single bruise, but Brett did not react even in the slightest. Blair got up and ran over and sat beside him; she started to speak hoping that he would show that he was still ok. “Brett…” was all she was able to say though; Alexis joined her on the bed with Brett, and she grabbed Brett's hand trying to help him out.
 
“I will be okay… I just need to rest for a bit…” Brett finished and Blair then jolted forward and helped him lay down, but Brett was already half to lying down. She moved up so she was sitting by Brett's head; her hand started to brush through Brett's hair. Her soft hand traced across his forehead, and Brett loved how soft it was. Alexis continued to squeeze Brett's hand, but seeing him in this state was heart breaking.
 
Fontaine had finished treating Brett's wounds to the best of her abilities, but she was wondering what was wrong. “Blair did those students say something to Brett; I have never seen him this either.” Mrs. Fontaine could not even find a word to describe the way Brett was, but Blair knew that Brett would not want her to say. “I can't tell you… but it wasn't those duelists that did this to him!”
 
“Blair it was not your fault…” Brett's voice calmed Blair down, and Alexis spoke up trying to put Brett's mind at ease. “Listen Brett I will tell everyone the training session is canceled if you want me too?” Brett however was quick to respond; “no all I need is an hour; I will be fine, it's just something in my past came up, but Blair is helping me through it. I'm sorry Blair that I ruined today…”
 
“No Brett…! You did not ruin today; I had such a good time just talking with you, it really was fun. You did not at all ruin today at all.” Brett lay there with his eyes open; still showing no signs of emotion, and Fontaine was incredibly worried. “Brett… do you want me to get you anything…” Brett only could shake his head in response; then Mrs. Fontaine placed an ice pack on his back, but she still wanted to know; “Brett would you please like to tell me what is wrong.”
 
Slowly Brett shook his head while starring off into space. Blair just knew that he was not going to share with anyone else, and she almost would have shared if Brett would have wanted to. Blair touched Fontaine's arm to get her attention to stop the questioning herself. “Please you two just leave him alone; it's something personal and he just does not want anyone else to find out okay?”
 
Seconds after Blair had gone back to gently rubbing Brett's forehead; he could start to feel Mrs. Fontaine's palm on his back. He really appreciated the sentiment, but the memories still haunted him. “Blair…! I just want to forget; I don't want you to think that you are responsible for me remembering all this. You are the thing that makes up for all that bad… so can I please forget.”
 
What Brett said made little sense to Blair, but she knew that now was one of those times he needed her support. “Of course you can forget it Brett… and I will be right here if you need my help…” Brett's hand broke away from Alexis and grabbed Blair's; Alexis could only smile. “Don't worry Brett; you have had a pretty rough year so you just relax.”
 
The comment was thoroughly enjoyed by Brett; he could feel his mind relaxing, but those dark memories still existed in the back of his mind. Alexis and Mrs. Fontaine did not need any more information; they could only imagine how hard it must have been, but Blair knew. She knew that Brett had been terribly abused, and that anyone else would have lost their mind, or even been completely crippled by the horribly agonizing memories.
 
The only way she could look at him now was that he was beyond a hero now; he had endured it and now was able to live his life. Even though he had remembered all those memories; he still protected her like nothing had happened. Her heart was beating franticly over how great he was, and then she made a vow to herself that she would always be there for him.
 
All three girls were trying their best to comfort Brett, and Brett was appreciative of all they were doing for him. Slowly he started to forget; he just wanted to go back to the beginning of the day; that time with Blair was the best time he had ever had. “Blair… I really loved all the time I spent with you today… and I really want to do it again.” Blair was so concerned, and she felt the urge to put his mind at ease; “don't worry we will… and next time nothing will ruin it.”
 
The hour soon passed; Brett had closed his eyes to rest, but Blair wanted him to stay like this. Every event since he returned continued to lay more stress on his mind, and eventually she knew it was going to catch up with him. “Brett… it's been an hour…” Alexis said; her voice roused Brett up from his sleepy state, and he still looked half asleep.
 
Slowly he turned to Blair with a smile across his face; “thanks for today Blair. I'm really glad you got to know me, and so long as you are with me; I know I will be fine.” Blair grabbed his hand and they both stood up at the same time smiling at the other. “I'm glad to see you are ok; come on let's go… are friends are waiting, and I will take care of you.”
 
Both of them walked forwards out the door hand in hand. Alexis and Mrs. Fontaine watched Brett walk out like nothing had happened; both were completely in awe, and Mrs. Fontaine could not resist. “I knew they would end up being the perfect couple, but honestly I never expected Brett to be this strong. If I had been kidnapped and abused; I don't know if I would be alright, but Brett is still worried about her being happy. I wish I could find a boyfriend that great.”
 
Alexis watch and smiled; “it is hard to deal with something that traumatic. Brett had to deal with that by him self; no matter how many people you talk to about that… it never makes it right. It all comes down to you in the end, but some how not even the memories hurt him when he is around Blair. He just continues to be his heroic self to Blair; I have trouble believing he protected her after he had all those memories hurt him; that is why he is a great boyfriend.”
 
A deep breath came from Mrs. Fontaine; “they are very cute, and are getting along so well. Alexis… when I tried to fix up Brett's body before; I came across those scars. I could not say anything at the time, but they were pretty bad. They were the kind that a masochistic person would inflict, and they were a lot more places then just his arms and legs…” Alexis gasped at the news; “you mean…”
 
“No Alexis… nothing that bad, but even his abdomen had been cut; and it was pretty bad. I fear that they did not just abuse him physically, but more personal ways. The scar was small, but that makes this so much harder to watch. No one should have to go through that; he should not have had to go through that. I personally don't think I could go through that.”
 
Alexis could feel a tear running down her face, and it was hard for her not cry about this. “Brett… Is he not been through enough, and he is really not that old. I want to hurt the people who did this to him; he could have been so much more messed up by that. I wish o could help him more with this; because dealing with this is not going to be easy. Blair will be good for him but…”
 
“I know Alexis… Blair can help him with his emotional problems, his memories, and even his physical wounds, but I think Brett may have other problems. Blair is still to young to help him with those, but when she is older; hopefully she can help him with those. Only Brett really knows what happened there, but it would be best if he just forgot them. Blair can help him with that…”
 
“Well yeah but… what if Brett was abused sexually. I don't want him to have the wrong idea, and even though I know he is with Blair…” Fontaine listened, but she knew why Alexis was concerned. “Alexis; you like him don't you, but more then the other girls at this school. Blair seems totally devoted, but I doubt no matter what happens; Brett will not abuse that trust. I'm sorry Alexis, but Brett is that dedicated to Blair… Blair will always be there to help him…”
 
A smile came across Alexis's face; “I know that Brett would never do anything like that. I'm glad I got to meet him though; Blair is a lucky girl.” Fontaine got up to leave the infirmary, but turned back to Alexis; “yes she is. Don't worry Alexis; you will find someone great too, but I want you to take care of him. Make sure that no one is too hard on him in the sparring thing you are all doing today.”
 
Alexis nodded to Mrs. Fontaine; “I will make sure no one hurts him; so you do not have to worry. I know he is Blair, but I still care about him, and I will not let him get hurt…” Alexis then turned and ran down the hallway till she caught up with Brett and Blair. She stood behind them and placed one hand on Brett's left shoulder, her right hand on Blair's right shoulder, and put her head between them. “Come one Brett; time to show us how good you are.”
 
Together they all headed towards the gym where all their friends were. All three had smiles, but Blair had the largest; her relationship with her boyfriend had flourished. She felt like she finally really got know him, and she would help him heal from his scared past. Blair was fully in love, but know it was time for them to fight…