Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ilumination ❯ Chapter 16 Sparring with Rage ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16 Sparring with Rage
 
So many had turned out for the sparring lesson; Axel, Hasleberry, Britney, Judai, Alexia, and Chazz had all turned out for the contest. All were in white judo uniforms, and were eagerly awaiting Brett's arrival. “Remember guys; after what happened to Brett today; we cannot be too hard on him.” Britney's words were cause for everyone to agree; they all had heard about the attack on Brett and Blair, and none were going to hurt him.
 
The doors swung open, and in entered Brett, Blair, and Alexis. The two girls left to go get changed into their uniforms, but Brett was going to fight in his regular clothes. He slipped off his vest, and soon he was loosening up in an effort to get ready. Judai was eagerly anticipating this; his father was a powerful fighter in the future, but this was a chance to fight the young one.
 
Judai had heard all the stories about his father, and tomorrow he would be leaving on his quest to the Black Knights original world. Now however Judai was sure that something had changed. This was not the past he had heard of, and it was clear that something had already diverted the time line. However he had decided to remain quite; at least until the time when he could figure out how this had happened.
 
Blair came running over and stopped beside Brett; Brett looked down at her and smiled. “You look good in that Blair…” After all he had been through today; hearing this was surprising, but so sweet that she started to blush. “Brett not in front of everyone… you really think so!” Brett's nod only made her happier; she wanted to show more public affection; even if someone was watching. It only made her happier that he had gotten over it, and now he was back to his sweet self.
 
Before Blair could react; Brett leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, and her blush got heavier. She then went up on her toes and kissed Brett before running off to the side. Brett watched and looked at all of his friends that showed up to be taught by him, and with one last deep breath; he was ready. “Judai; please come up here… I know you are wanting to show me your skill; so wee will demonstrate some of our moves.”
 
Almost instantly Judai got up and ran forward; happy as a kid at Christmas. Brett tossed his son a wooden sword, and Judai barely caught it; Brett just laughed while watching his son try and catch it. Brett flipped his sword back and forth in his hand; Chazz was getting aggravated with this show. “Come on…! We came here to get trained, so stop showing off for Blair.”
 
An elbow hit Chazz on each side; both Britney and Blair had elbowed him in the side with a fair amount of force. Blair loved watching him show off for her, and Britney was just enjoying this whole show period. Both Judai and Brett stared each other down; the pause caused everyone to hold their breath in anticipation. Brett held out his free hand and waved to Judai, and Judai was about to take the invitation.
 
Judai was already searching for an opening as he rushed in to attack his father. The only real concern was that he had to beat his dad and prove him self. Too many times he had lost in sparring matches with his father and he always hated that. He just wanted to prove his merit and skill for once, but he had underestimated his young father's skill.
 
Brett had already picked the weak stance apart mentally, and dodged off to the side of the attack. Judai held his sword back handed in a foolish effort to show off his strength, but it made it easy to poke Judai's side. The poke caused Judai to spin to face his father and back up unsure if it was over. Brett was smiling and held his sword up to show it was not over.
 
It caused a smile to grow on Judai's face, and he actually lost the will to win. Now he just wanted to spar, and it was clear his dad was interested in a real fight. Judai walked into the next fight with a smile still across his face before lunging at Brett, to which Brett parried the blow. Brett ran the wooden sword down across Judai's blade, but the student changed his sword to be vertical and stopped the quick attack.
 
Brett used his foot to knock Judai's feet out form under him, and considered it careless of him to have left himself open. He should have remembered that any part of him can and should be used in a fight, and he used his left hand to recover. Quickly he pushed off his left hand and flipped to get back to his feet.
 
Quickly Judai lunged back in only to have Brett parry the blow. Both pulled back the blades and let loose swipes that matched the others blocking attacks. Judai was learning contrary to his own fighting style, and enjoying it. It was now about having fun, and everyone watching was enjoying the show of the two young men going at it.
 
Finally Judai backed off and wanted to give his style one last chance, regardless off what he had learned. He gripped his fake swords handle with both hands and tightened his grip. One last breath was taken before he ran forward and jumped up into the air using a death grip to ready his blade when he finally brought it down; he descended through the air right on to his father and then followed through with his slash.
 
Judai landed on the floor onto his knees and slid across the floor bare handed with nothing in his grasp. His sword flew up into the air in the same direction till it came down into a hand. Judai skimmed across the gym's floor with his eyes closed till he slowly stopped and felt two wooden blades at his neck.
 
Slowly Judai opened his eyes to see Brett holding the blades cross wise with Judai's neck in the middle. Judai bowed his head and accepted defeat, and it came just like his sister thought it would have. Blair stood up cheering for Brett, and then most others joined into congratulate Brett on the skillful victory. Judai was still in awe of his future father being so skilled even so young, and then Judai replayed the event in his mind.
 
He came down sword double handed with a grip that only weakened him in the end. Just a slight strike in the right place had knocked the blade clean from his hand, and left Judai defenseless. Then it was a simple task of grabbing the blade from the air and getting ahead of Judai and getting him to yield. Still this had been a lesson that Judai would not forget, that style could out wit brute strength almost every time.
 
The blades left away from Judai's throat, and he had already conceded. In the back of his mind he was beating himself up for always making the same mistakes, but he did not blame his father. The same thing happened when he fought his father in the future. He always remembered the lessons he was tough when learning to fight, still it would have been nice to overcome his father for once and then a help was offered.
 
Brett had his hand out and wanted to help his son up, and Judai took the hand with a smile. It was amazing that his dad was so skilled, and Judai suddenly realized that he would not just obtain skill on his own. The realization hit the young man hard, but he would have to work harder then he ever thought and would have to train hard to get the skill he needed. “Well dad you won again; I'm just so amazed that you are this skilled.”
 
“Judai I knew you would lose to dad!” Shouted his sister with a very smug look, and just plain so happy to see her young dad proving he was still superior to her brother.
 
Brett walked over to the others with Judai following close behind, but in his mind he could not place where he had learned his sword fighting from. Blair was the first to run over and hug Brett excited for his victory and watching him fight so skillfully. Alexia ran over next to hug both her future parents; just to excited by the site of them together reminding her of happier times.
 
Standing back and watching the three together actually made Judai stop dead in his tracks. He was once again seeing his family together happy just like he remembered. Judai dared not join in since he always acted the cool person trying to impress his father, and he just stood back and watched happily just to see his family whole again. “Judai stop watching and get over here, we have not done this in so long.”
 
His sister's cry called Judai over into the family hug, and once there a flash of light caught everyone's attention. They all looked over to see Alexis taking a picture with a digital camera and smiling at them. “Sorry, I had to just get a picture of the happy family.”
 
The laugh that followed from most of their friend embarrassed Blair so much that she actually broke from the hug. In her mind she kept thinking she was too young to have a family, even under such strange circumstance it was made even weirder. Brett closed in and kneeled over next to Blair's ear and started to whisper so no one else could hear them. “You okay Blair…?”
 
“Yeah, it's just that I'm too young to have a family and this is just getting so serious.”
 
“I know Blair; it is weird for me too. I feel the same way, and it makes me nervous because I know if I'm ready either. I'm sorry, even when I try to make things better I just end up making things worse. We start having fun and then you find out what happened to me for example.”
 
Blair turned immediately after hearing Brett talk like that, and her expression was not happy. “Brett stop saying things like that, why are you always have to start saying those things about yourself? You are always doing that, it's bad enough others run you down, but do you have to!”
 
The silence that followed was awkward for everyone since Blair had spoke up during what she had said last. It was a long awkward silence till Brett rose to his feet before he just walked by Blair with his head hanging in shame. “Your right, and no matter how hard I try, things always end up worse for everyone. I should not even be around any more; I just wanted to always make people happy and make things better, but I never do.”
 
Brett kept walking till finally he felt someone grab his right hand, and he turned to see Blair looking at him a little teary eyed. “You do make things better, I just don't want you to be like this. You make my day so much better from the moment I wake up, but you shouldn't have to be treated like this. I don't like that you think like this, but I'm in love with the part that always does so much for me even though I'm no one.”
 
Brett turned fully and looked into Blair's eyes wishing that he could, but something inside him kept him at bay. “I don't know if I can let what I did go Blair, what I'm still doing.”
 
Blair's concerned expression turned to a loving smile, and she knew that this relationship was not perfect. However after all they had been through she did not want it to end, and all she had to do was work hard to keep their relation strong. “Then I will have to help you get over it, you are just lucky to have me as your girlfriend.”
 
“Yeah I really am, but I still feel it is my fault that everything has happened that should not have.”
 
Blair just continued to smile even though she was coming to terms with a real relationship. They continued to hold hands till a wooden sword was smashed into Brett's arm that was holding Blair's hand. Everyone watched Hasleberry doing this, and Chazz was the first to question the situation. “Hasleberry what is your problem; those two were just having a moment!”
 
Blair backed off and Hasleberry continued to advance on Brett, and the look in his eyes made Brett scarred. “Don't you all get it; everything is Brett's fault and Blair disserves better. This guy should never have been let into our group; he doesn't belong!”
 
The mutual feeling was terrifying Brett since his friend was saying what he always believed. Brett was terrified, and then he realized he only had one sword, but now even Hasleberry was stronger then him, and he was not sure he could win against two assaults. Blair however was too stunned to talk, but Alexis was not. “Hasleberry; Brett is not our enemy, he is our friend so stop this right now!”
 
“No Alexis; it's all his fault…! It always has been, and I'm sick of him making all our lives worse! He should not be aloud to be around us; I'm tired of him getting everything too. WE all disserve better, and I'm getting rid of him now!”
 
Hasleberry immediately swiped at Brett with the practice sword, and Brett blocked only to have his sword almost knocked out of his hand. Hasleberry was so much stronger now, and Brett could not even begin to match his strength. The first swipe was followed by a second that Brett barely evaded, and then another quickly followed. Brett could sense the force behind each one, and he was not in the right state of mind to fight back.
 
This was a friend he was fighting, one that had never shown this much hatred before as long as Brett had known him. Even Halseberry's eyes were different, but Brett could not argue. This was his worst nightmare, and yet exactly what he thought. Only this time the feeling was confirmed by a friend, and Brett turned and ran out of the gym to intimidated by Hasleberry to continue to fight.
 
The fearful opponent fleeing only fueled Hasleberry's rage, so much that he would not be satisfied knowing this thing was alive. Quickly he gave chase to Brett, but also noticed that Judai was following close behind with a fake sword in the hopes of stopping Hasleberry peacefully. Hasleberry exited the gym and then turned and kicked the door shut behind him, just as Judai tried to exit the gym.
 
The impact sent Judai back across the floor on his back in a fair amount of pain. Most everyone else was already moving to go and stop this, except for Alexia who was looking at the exit with rage. This guy was messing with her whole life, and she was getting angrier by the second.
 
Out in the main hall Brett was still running for his life as fast as possible, but somehow it did not take long for Hasleberry to start to catch up. Brett suddenly turned just when Hasleberry to a lunging swing forward, and quickly ran a flight of stairs trying to stay off this assault. Still he was refusing to attack because he was terrified, and what Hasleberry shouted next did not help the terror levels. “Get back here, I'm going to kill you for everything that you've done to all of us! I should have what you have!”
 
Soon after Brett got to the top level Hasleberry was right behind him, and running him down. All Brett wanted to do was to disappear, but he was just human, and nothing could stop this now. Brett ran so fat that he could not make a turn and slid into the railing hard enough to make standing or running to hard. Then it hit him; Hasleberry's blade knocked him in the jaw so hard that Brett flipped over the railing, and landed hard on the ground floor right on his back.
 
Soon Hasleberry jumped down to the first level and through away his pretend sword so he could have both hands free. They both quickly grabbed Brett's throat squeezing with so much force that Brett could not breath at all. Hasleberry had lost all control, and just wanted to see the life leave his eyes, and he started talking to Brett. “You will die now and then things'll be the way they should!!!”
 
Brett was twitching and struggling, but against Hasleberry's strength Brett had very few options. The grip adjusted on his neck ever so often looking for that perfect grip, and Brett took those chances to try and get what he could out. “Hasleberry… please; please stop… I, don't want, to die… I'm sorry; I ruined… everything…”
 
The weak words held no grip, and Hasleberry's grip suddenly tightened so much that Brett could do nothing but suffer his death at his friend's hands. Hasleberry's primal instincts would not let him stop till all the twitching stopped, and he kept focusing on Brett till something else appeared before him instantly and spoke defiantly at a guy she would never forgive. “Get the hell away from my father!”
 
Quickly Alexia shifted her body weight making her spin, and her foot connected to Hasleberry's jaw. The blow was forceful enough to knock Hasleberry off Brett, and the young man gasped for air painfully while letting his arms try to grab anything. Alexia was enraged, and jumped over to pin Hasleberry down, and then a resounding sound of metal scrapping was heard and stopped everything.
 
Alexia had summoned her twin katanas in crossed fashion and pinned Hasleberry down at the throat without hurting him. Alexia did not look to be playing any games, and she was breathing quite hard but she stared right into Hasleberry's till they returned to normal. When Alexia saw Hasleberry return to normal and have a look of extreme regret and anger at him self, she turned to look at her dad.
 
He was still very much in pain, and just struggling to get air back into his lungs. His hands trying to grab at anything, as they almost involuntary moved trying to stop the pain somehow. The gasps for air were pure torture, and Alexia kept her blades to Hasleberry's throat even after the others started to arrive.
 
Blair was the first o run over to Brett and slide right in beside him, and she was revolted by how Brett squirmed, coughed and gasped for air. She closed her eyes wishing all of this away, all of these feelings that seemed to be ruining her first year here. She then looked over to Hasleberry so angry at him for doing this, and she asked something of Hasleberry that hurt him deeply. “Just stay away from us; I don't want to see you again!”
 
No one else was impressed by this, and Alexia finally calmed down and stepped away with her swords. He sat up to see Alexis picking up Brett with Blair right beside her. None of his friends looked impressed, but then Alexia told all of them what happened through a direct warning to Hasleberry. “I don't know why you want to kill my dad, but if you ever try kill my dad again; I won't hesitate to kill you!”
 
Shock hit everyone else, and Blair could not even look at someone she had thought was her friend. Most everyone else looked really angry, and Hasleberry could say nothing in his defense. Alexis just turned away carrying Brett away to the medics where she could get him help, and Blair, Alexia, Axel, and Judai all left leaving Hasleberry alone, but the person behind them stood there for a few seconds.
 
Britney looked so sad and she could not believe this. She tried to say anything, but just ended up cringing before she walked away. Chazz let his furry out and grabbed Hasleberry's vests collar and demanded answers. “What the hell were you thinking you Neanderthal? You could have killed him, what were you thinking?”
 
“I don't know; I just lost control when Blair got upset, and I lost it… why did I do that?”