Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Duelist's Love ❯ Chapter Two: Answer and Reaction ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

ETERNAL DUELLIST'S LOVE
 
ML: All right, chapter two on the house!
 
Syrus: All right, Now, if you've heard the disclaimer from ML last chapter, well, good for you. If not, here it is again: (Grabs a piece of paper with the disclaimer written on it) I DO NOT OWN YGO GX! KAZUKI TAKAHASHI DOES!!
 
ML: Anyway, here's what happened the last time... After he reminisced about how their relationship began, Jaden decides he now wants to make the move and pops Alexis the question! Will she say yes? Will she say no? READ THE CHAPTER, AND YOU'LL SEE!
 
 
Chapter Two: Answer and Reaction
 
“Alexis Rhodes. Will you marry me?” Jaden asked. The question that he had just asked her had hit her like a ton of bricks.
 
“I thought… you weren't serious when you beat Harrington in that duel for me.” Alexis said.
 
“Well… I was blind to my feelings then, and now, I'm very serious.” Jaden replied. “So, is it going to be yes or no?”
 
“I gotta go.” Alexis said back. “I'll tell you tomorrow though.” Both teens went back to their dorms, and both spent one very sleepless night. Jaden wondering, `Is she gonna say yes?', and Alexis wondering, `Should I say yes or no?' Luckily, they managed to get to sleep despite all that thinking.
 
(THE NEXT DAY)
 
With graduation a day away, everybody was getting prepared, but Jaden had Alexis on the mind again. Sure he had her on the mind before, but never like this. During the day, Atticus was asking, “How'd it go? Did she say yes?”
 
Jaden just answered him with, “I don't know.”
 
“Look, I hope she does. You're the best boyfriend she ever had.” Atticus said. “And like I said, I'll be happy to walk her down the aisle.”
 
“Thanks pal.” Jaden said, as he then walked to his dorm. As soon as he walked in, he saw a folded piece of paper on his bed. On it was his name, Jaden Yuki. He opened up the paper, and saw the note. It said,
 
Yes, I will be your wife.
 
Love,
 
Alexis Megan Rhodes.
 
(AN: I know she has no middle name in the anime, but I figured, it's a more exotic touch, ya know?)
 
It was the best news he had ever received, and all he could do right now, was scream out just one word. “YES!”
 
(GRADUATION DAY - POST CEREMONY)
 
“So Jay, why are you so excited? I can tell it's not because we've graduated.” Syrus said.
 
“Yeah Jaden. You're never this excited or in this good a mood, except when you're about to duel.” Bastion replied.
 
“So, spill it. What did you do, soldier?” Tyranno asked.
 
“Yeah, slacker. What the hell did you do this time to get you all excited? Did you cherry bomb the toilets?” Chazz inquired.
 
“No. I'm gonna get married to Alexis.” Jaden answered, in an `as-a-matter-of-fact' tone. It was then that the three friends' mouths dropped. Then, as the shock wore away, his friends, with the exception of Chazz just said, “Whoa! Congrats man!”
 
“So, when's the weddin', cadet?” Tyranno asked.
 
“I don't know yet. I probably want valentine's day or something.” Jaden answered.
 
In another part of the field, Alexis was with Mindy and Jasmine, and they were starting to enquire about what had happened the day before. When the subject was brought up, she just said, “It's personal” and went on her way.
 
“So, why so chipper, Alexis?” Mindy asked.
 
“Yeah. What's going on?” Jasmine asked as well.
 
Alexis just smiled, and showed them the ring on her left ring finger. Even Sherri and Joann (AN: They're two of my several original characters from my last YGO GX story - Rack up the Passion, which is on MM.org) had a look.
 
“Wow! So, who's gonna be the groom?” Sherri asked.
 
“Jaden Yuki.” Alexis answered.
 
Joann then inquired, “When do you want the wedding to take place?”
 
“I'd probably want Christmas.” Alexis answered. “I hear there's nothing more romantic than a Christmas wedding.” It was then that Jaden was listening.
 
“Well, Christmas is probably nearer than valentine's day.” He replied. “Christmas it is then.”
 
Hours later, while he was unpacking, Chazz couldn't help but feel heartbroken. The girl he had longed for was now going to get married, and to his rival nonetheless. It was probably enough for him to go kill himself, but he figured he shouldn't. It was then that he heard a knock on the door.
 
“Yes?” Chazz asked, as he went to go open the door. It was Jasmine. “Hey.” He said.
 
“Hi.” Jasmine replied. “So, are you feeling a little bit depressed?”
 
“Well, that isn't the right way to put it.” Chazz said as he sat down with Jasmine beside him. “I still can't believe she's gonna get married to the slifer slacker of all people!”
 
“Well, Jaden had a better chance. Plus, there was the whole Harrington thing. You know, the winner gets Alexis' hand in marriage?” Jasmine reminded.
 
“Oh yeah. How could I forget?” Chazz replied. “Still… I thought he would forget about it.”
 
“Chazz… if you really love her, you'll let her get married to her prince.” Jasmine said. “Besides… I care about you, and I don't want to see you depressed for long.”
 
It was then that Chazz said, “Thanks.” The whole snobbish tone was gone. In it was finally acceptance. He hugged Jasmine and said, “I just want her to be happy is all.”
 
Elsewhere, two people had heard what had happened. “Jaden Yuki… you're gonna pay for taking Alexis away from me.” One of them said underneath his breath.
 
The other person, a girl, said, under her breath. “Alexis Rhodes, you'll never live to take away my Jaden.”
 
END CHAPTER
 
 
Oh boy… looks like we've got two party crashers in the works… I wonder who they are… R&R!