Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Life in the Pro League, or Lack Thereof! ❯ InuyaSHO? ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I am American, but I use the metric system in my fics. I want them to be authentic, since most of said fics take place in Japan. So...Tetsusaiga weighs forty kilograms, which is roughly equal to ninety pounds. In other words, pretty darned big dog!

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Gi Oh or Inuyasha.


When Ryo woke up the next morning, he felt something lying on the blanket. Curious, he looked at this object, only to find himself staring into the face of a very slobber-encrusted plastic lawn gnome.

So THAT was where it went! Ryo thought that he should have known that his mother would never get rid of it voluntarily.

Wait a minute. How exactly did that lawn gnome get on his bed? Maybe it had something to do with the suspiciously dog-like panting sound coming from beside his bed...

Ryo looked down, an action he would soon regret. For Tetsusaiga was right beside his bed, and had been waiting for a golden opportunity to lick someone’s face!



After being thoroughly slobbered on, Ryo forced himself to get up. Before he left his room, he hid the lawn gnome in the closet. The coat of slobber had done nothing to improve its appearance.

The door to the kitchen was blocked by Sho. Sho was wearing a red bathrobe and was holding a toy sword. Ryo sighed. This could only mean one thing...

“Halt!” Sho said abruptly. “So, you thought you could sneak by me, eh?”

Ryo rolled his eyes. Wasn’t Sho getting just a bit too old for this game? They played it when they were like ten!

“Sho, the only thing I think is that you’re delaying my breakfast!”

“Who is this Sho you speak of? I have never heard of this Sho. I am the mighty Inuyasha...hey!”

The mighty Inuyasha let out an indignant squawk as Ryo lifted him up by the waist and easily moved him aside.

Ryo ate his breakfast with some difficulty. On one side of his chair, Tetsusaiga sat, eagerly awaiting any food that might be dropped on the floor. On the other side stood Inuya...er..Sho, staring at the cereal box with what Ryo assumed was supposed to be an intimidating glare.
Evidently, the evil cereal box lost the battle, because Sho soon hopped in his own chair and poured a bowl of it.

Ryo could not understand how anyone could like that cereal! It was an American brand that was probably 99.999999 percent sugar. Yet, Sho insisted on having it in the house at all times.

After they were both done eating, Ryo headed towards the door, only to be stopped by Sho abruptly blocking the door’s entrance. Ryo couldn’t help laughing. Sho had looked JUST LIKE a guy he’d seen on a funny TV show in America! The show had been called, “The Continent” or something like that. He hadn’t been really paying attention at the time. But he did remember that guy-running-to-the-door part!

Ryo suddenly remembered that it may be polite to actually listen to what Sho was saying.

“...And no one can defeat me! I will find all the shards and no one can stop me. Not even you, Sesshomaru!”

Ryo suddenly remembered exactly why they had stopped playing this game before. He had gotten tired of always having to play the part of Sesshomaru!

He knew he would have to distract Sho soon, or else he would be involved in a two-hour-long pretend swordfight.

Ryo suggested that they go look for some cards.

“Tell you what, Sho, I’ll even pay for yours. I can afford it. I do make almost 200 million yen a year, after all.”

This was enough to make “Inuyasha” finally disappear.

Ten minutes later, Sho was ready to leave. And he had finally taken off that red bathrobe. The two boys were just stepping out the door when:

“Ryo, why is my favorite lawn gnome in your closet?”

Ryo hurried out the door before he had to offer up an Explanation of Doom.



A/N:Well, this is an interesting plot twist! What adventures await our heroes in town? Will Mrs. Marafuji ever get an explanation about the lawn gnome? And why am I suddenly sounding like the narrator from Pokemon? The answers to all these questions will be available soon. Okay, maybe not the last question!

For those of you who are interested, the TV show Ryo was referring to is called “The Continental”. If Ryo had been PAYING ATTENTION, he wou;ld have realized that it wasn’t a TV show at all. Rather, it’s a skit on Saturday Night Live.

So what’s “The Continental” about? Basically, it’s about a perverted French guy and his attempts to woo a pretty lady. The guy keeps rushing to the door in an attempt to keep the lady from leaving his house in disgust.

200 million yen is about two million dollars. British readers will have to make their own conversions!