Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Life in the Pro League, or Lack Thereof! ❯ Return of the Undead Fangirls! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Gi Oh, but I think I do own the phrase “Flying Carrots”. Yep, it’s making a comeback in this chapter!

-----------------------------

Ryo was halfway on his bicycle when he realized something. Although he was in good enough shape to ride the several kilometers into Tokyo, Sho most likely wasn’t. Therefore, they would have to take the subway. Since Ryo was bound to be noticed in such a crowded place, he decided that they would have to take a little detour before going into town.

Ryo informed Sho of the change of plans, and they went to a local clothing shop. Thankfully, there were no fangirls in this shop. This was a rather rural area of Japan, so the citizens were not as likely to be in tune with the latest trends.

It didn’t take long to find the necessary materials. In fifteen minutes, the brothers had set off for the nearest subway stop.

It was a rather long walk, because there were very few subway stops in their area. But they did eventually find one.

Ryo beckoned for Sho to stop at the top of the escalator.

“You know what we have to do,” he said.

“But nii-san, I’ll look stupid!”

“Get used to it. I have to do this just about every day when I want to go anywhere in the city.”

And with that, they both put on a baseball cap and a pair of sunglasses.

“Ryo, these sunglasses are too big! They look like bug eyes!”

“Exactly. The point is to hide as much of your face as possible.”

While having this conversation, they had reached the bottom of the escalator. Not too many people in this place had business in Tokyo, so the ticket line was relatively short and the subway cars were only half-full.

However, the subway filled up more and more as the stops got closer to the city. By the time the ride was almost at an end, the subway attendants had broken out the prodding sticks.

Finally, however, the subway reached Sho and Ryo’s stop. They were now in the heart of the busiest part of Tokyo.
Ryo knew that Sho had never been in such a bustling place before, so he reminded Sho to stay close to him and to not go running off.

Ryo then decided it might be a good idea to buy Sho a map, just in case they did get separated. The maps were sold at the information desk.

The desk was surrounded by people. These people were mostly middle-aged workers on commute, but some were decidedly younger. Ryo was not aware of this fact until it was too late.

While checking out the different map books, Ryo had to remove his baseball cap. It was making it hard for him to see.

The crowd of people obscured him while he was buying the map, but as soon as he walked a short distance away:

“See? I told you I saw him. There he is, by the information desk!”

CRAP.

Before Ryo could do or say anything, he and Sho were surrounded by approximately ten teenage girls. It was the weekend, so the girls were not bound by the dress codes of the super-strict Japanese schools. They were all wearing heavy makeup and outrageous jewelry. And as for clothing...

Ryo’s heart sank. Every single one of the girls was wearing a “Flying Carrots” shirt.

That was not the kind of phrase that Ryo wanted to be associated with him.

Ryo had to think up something quick. Finally, he said, “Well, I would love to stay and chat, but my brother here is allergic to your perfume. In fact, I think he’s having an asthma attack. So I have to leave. No, I can’t sign that paper. No, not that purse either.”

Fortuantely, that made the fangirls scatter. But not before he heard one of them say, “He said he’d LOVE to be with us!” and fainted.

Apparently, sarcasm was wasted on fangirls.

Sho looked up at Ryo.

“Nii-san, I wasn’t allergic to anything!”

“Quiet. They might hear you.”

And so they rode the escalator up into the clouds of pollution and crowded streets that comprised Tokyo.

Ryo hurriedly put his baseball cap back on.

They decided to make the nearest card shop their first destination. They found one and walked in, only to see....



Yay! Cliffhanger! I am not actually sure who they’ll see, but I have it narrowed down to two or three people. I’ll decide in time for the next chapter, though. I apologize in advance if I disappoint anyone with the choice I’ll end up making.