Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Love: A Sincere Heart ❯ Love is Not This ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nice: Wow! I didn't think people would like this story. But I decided to update this one quickly since you all want the next chapter so badly. I'm sorry the last chapter was so short. It was going to be a one shot but it turned into something really big in my mind. So here we go here's the next chapter of Love: A Sincere HeartAnd hey everyone! This story is now on my deviantart page and my mediaminer account. So check them out there!
Disclaimer: Seto's Nice Girl does not own Yu-Gi-Oh! GX or Excel Saga
On with the Fic!
Chapter 2: Love is Not This
Alexis slowly walked towards the Red Dorm, where she and the other Obelisk refugees, her brother, Jasmine, and Mindy, were hiding out at. Her mind was racing with the conversation that she had with Zane.
`He said that we never even contacted him at all but I know for a fact that Atticus emailed, texted, called, and instant messaged him everyday. I wrote to him and Syrus and Jaden emailed him as well. Did he never get them? If he didn't, who did and what did they do with them?' she thought. Then she gasped. `What if someone plannedthis? What if someone wanted Zane to turn against us? If so, what would they gain from this? What was their reason to make Zane feel isolated from us? Was it Saiou? Was he trying to convert Zane but it back fired and he turned into Hell Kaiser? Or was it someone else?'
Something on your mind, little girl?” asked a voice. Alexis turned to where the voice came from. A handsome young man with long silver hair and who was wearing a long white trench coat was standing near the edge of the forest. If Alexis didn't know better she would've thought he was a woman.
That's none of your business,” she said glaring at the man. She was getting a really bad vibe from him.
I think it is sort of my business if it deals with Zane,” said the man with a smirk.
What do you mean?”
I know that you used to be Zane's girlfriend. Do you miss his gentle words? His small but sweet smiles, his soft kiss-”
Shut up!” she cried cutting him off, “Who are you anyway and how do you know so much about us?”
I'm the person that is going to help get you get Zane back. That is what you want don't you?”
Well yes, but why do you care? What will you get out of this?” she asked him suspiciously.
I'm a gentleman who doesn't like to see a pretty girl like you get hurt like you just did a while ago. Tell me, do your wrists still hurt from where he almost crushed them with his hands? Does your heart hurt from his cruel words?” the man asked tilting his head slightly.
Alexis gasped and took a few steps back. `Was he watching us during our entire conversation?!'
As if he read her mind, the mysterious man answered, “Why yes I was. It was amusing to see you stand up to Hell Kaiser like you did. Yelling at him and trying to punch him. You are a feisty young woman. No wonder Zane took a liking to you.”
Alexis took a few more steps back. The man was starting to creep her out a little.
But now, he hates you for something you did or didn't do right? And now he's sick because of it.”
What? Zane is sick?” she asked.
Yes, he is. He is sick on the mental and physical side. Don't tell me you weren't wondering why he was clutching his chest in pain? He's slowly dieing and he's suffering all alone,” said the man as he slowly walked to Alexis.
Alexis's eyes widened. “H-he's dieing?”
Don't you want be by his side in his time of need? Don't you want to ease his pain just a little? You love him, don't you?”
Yes,” said Alexis quietly.
You want to stand by his side forever. Love him forever, correct?”
Yes.”
I can help you. I can help get him back for you. I can help him get better so he can love you forever. That is what you want most in this world. Zane Truesdale's eternal love?”
Alexis nodded. The man stopped a few feet away from Alexis. He locked eyes with her and extended his hand to her.
Then come with me. Come with me and you can be with Zane, forever.”
Forever?” she repeated. Alarms were going of in her head, screaming that this man was up to something. But his eyes had trapped her into a daze. She felt herself drifting away. She slowly lifted her hand and reached out to the man.
`Yes! Yes! Come to me my little Dark Queen! Come to my side!' thought the man.
Alexis's hand was almost touching the man's when a voice called out, “Alexis! Where are you?”
The voice snapped Alexis out of her daze and she stepped back from the man and looked around. She saw Chazz running to her. `What was I doing?! I was about to go with some creepy guy!'
Alexis! Are you okay? We've been looking for you everywhere!” said Chazz running up to her, “Where have you been?”
I've been talking to this man right- Hey! Where did he go?” exclaimed Alexis. The man that she had been talking to had disappeared.
Where did who go?” asked Chazz.
Never mind. What did you want me for?”
Your brother sent me to find you. He didn't want you by yourself with Zane around here.”
`Too late for that.' She thought bitterly as she rubbed her wrist.
Come on. Let's get back to the dorm. Jaden is still with Syrus. He said that he wouldn't leave Syrus's side until he woke up. And Mindy and Jasmine have been looking for you,” said Chazz as he started to walk back to the Red Dorm.
Yeah. Let's go,” she said. `I wonder if that man will come back. I hope not, well, not until I get my mind straightened out first. What in the hell did that man do to me?!'
As they walked away, a pair of eyes watched them. `I was so close! She was almost mine and that boy had to interfere! I see that he is going to be a problem in the near future. He needs to be taken out the picture, permanently!'
Meanwhile
Zane walked through the forest to where he was staying during the tournament. He had heard Alexis's soft reply before he was gone.
`If she did write to me. Where are the letters?' he thought.
`I bet she was lying. She probably never even wrote anything at all. She must have said those things because she was afraid of you,” sneered a voice in his head
`But the look in her eyes…she was telling the truth…but they also showed me that she was sad…I never wanted her to be sad. I just wanted her to know the truth.….”
`Who care's about her feelings anyway. She's just a weak little doll. And dolls aren't supposed to have feelings. And the truth hurts sometimes. She should deal with it. You were not wrong on not caring if she lives or dies. She lives a false life and believes in a false hope.”
`Yes she does…'
`Good. Now that we are on agreement let's review our wins today and how we can improve….'
The Next morning 10:00 am
Zane walked towards Duel Academy's main building. He was still a bit tired from staying up most of the night thinking about his duels and Alexis's sad face and that he had another attack last night. `They are becoming more frequent,' he thought, `I must not have that much time left.' He smiled sadly and then let out a small yawn. “Maybe I should've slept in this morning,” he said to himself as he got closer the building. Suddenly, someone with white hair and completely naked ran out screaming about butterflies and cocoons. (1)
That person stopped in front of Zane and grabbed his shoulders and said, “Don't you feel it Kaiser? You must break free of your bonds and feel free!” And then the person ran off and left a very shocked and freaked out Hell Kaiser in his wake. `Was that who I think it was' he thought.
Zane shook his head for a second, glanced around too see if anyone saw that (they were too shocked themselves), and then turned around to go back to his room. `It is too early in the morning to deal with this. I'm going back to bed and I am going pray that this was just one horrible dream because I reallydidn't need to see that!'
To be cont.
N: Who was the mysterious guy that Alexis was talking to? What is he going to do with Chazz? Has Zane really lost it? And sorry about that last part. I felt that I just had to add that in.
(1): I wonder who this is?