Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Nine Month Rollercoaster Ride ❯ Chapter Two: Finding and Reaction ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NINE MONTH ROLLERCOASTER RIDE
 
ML: Ok… chapter two. I don't own YGO GX, as Kazuki Takahashi and 4Kids entertainment do (Shudders @ 4Kids)
 
Tyranno: So, what's the summary here?

ML: Well… let's just say that Alexis has been having these symptoms, and it could be flu or something more. LET'S GO!
 
 
Chapter Two: Finding and Reaction
 
(AN2: bold means summary, italics mean narration by Jaden)
 
SUMMARY
 
“So, what is it?” Alexis asked. “Am I going to be ok?”
 
“Are both of you prepared for what I'm about to tell you?” Doctor Green said as he prepared to tell both Alexis and Jaden his findings of the tests that he ran on Alexis…
 
END SUMMARY
 
“OF COURSE WE ARE PREPARED!” Jaden and Alexis both yelled in unison.
 
“Well… I'll tell you guys to get all the sleep you can. You both are gonna need it for the next nine months.” Doctor Green replied.
 
“Nine months?” Jaden said. The truth then hit him like a ton of bricks. “Wait a minute… does that mean Alexis is…”
 
“Mm-hmm.” Doctor Green replied. “Your wife is gonna have a baby.”
 
Don't think that I wasn't shocked at THAT piece of news by Doctor Green. Sure, I was excited, but I was scared to death as well. I mean, I was still young, and that same thought that went through my mind was this: Am I gonna be a good father? Heck, I'm sure every father to be had the same thoughts when they first heard that their wife would be expecting a kid. But, of course, back to the task at hand here… I'll just give the floor to our omnipresent narrator over here, and well, he'll tell the story better than I ever will.
 
“Just let me tell you, congratulations, you two.” Doctor Green said as both Jaden and Alexis left the office. Atticus was in the waiting room when they came out.
 
“So, what happened? Is my sister ok?” He asked.
 
“Yes, Mr. Rhodes. She's fine, but I think I'll let your sister tell you first hand.” Doctor Green answered.
 
“All right.” Atticus said. “So, what is it?” He asked, turning over to Alexis.
 
“Atti…” Alexis began. “You're gonna be an uncle.”
 
“Oh my god!” Atticus replied. “Jaden… Alexis… CONGRATULATIONS, BOTH OF YOU!” He screamed out.
 
“Sheesh. You want the whole world to know, brother?” Alexis said.
 
(A WEEK AFTER)
 
The boys, Jaden and Atticus included, were over at a bistro having lunch. They were all wondering, “Why did Jaden and Atticus call us for lunch at such short notice?”
 
“So, what's with the lunch date, slacker?” Chazz said. “Did one of your protégés screw up?” He asked.
 
“Well… Not really.” Jaden answered. “I think I let Atticus tell you.”
 
“Why him?” Bastion asked.
 
“Because it deals with Alexis as well.” Atticus answered. “Let's just say that Jaden's gonna be a LOT busier nine months from now.” He said, dropping the bomb on the rest of the guys.
 
It was then that all their jaws dropped. “ALEXIS IS WHAT?” they yelled out, shocked.
 
“She's pregnant.” Both Jaden and Atticus just said, albeit calmly.
 
It was then that the others, except for Chazz, said, “Congrats, man!”
 
“So, when's she due?” Bastion asked.
 
“September.” Jaden answered.
 
“So, you've got any idea what to name the little soldier?” Tyranno asked.
 
“I'll tell you guys when we get there.” Jaden answered.
 
Of course, the boys were asking a lot of questions, but the girls hadn't found out yet. Of course, they were perplexed as to why Alexis was eating a bigger lunch than what she was used to.
 
“Alexis, you've been eating like a pig lately… What's going on?” Mindy asked.
 
“I'm just eating for two.” She answered. That was when they all looked at each other, then at Alexis.
 
“You're pregnant?” They asked. Alexis didn't say yes, she just nodded.
 
“Congratulations!” They said.
 
“Thanks.” Alexis replied.
 
“So, what are you gonna name it?” Joann asked.
 
“Don't know yet. Probably we'll think of a name when we find out the gender.” Alexis answered.
 
“When are ya due?” Mindy asked.
 
“Probably September.” Alexis answered.
 
That night, Jaden came home pretty late. He walked in, and saw his wife, tired as heck. He kissed her cheek, but then, Alexis shifted posture at the last second, so instead, he kissed her lips. He then broke the kiss after two minutes.
 
“Hey… working overtime?” Alexis asked.
 
“Yeah. Turns out my protégé needed extra practice before the next tournament.” Jaden answered.
 
“I'm still pretty shocked at this whole thing.” Alexis said. “Even I don't know if I'll be a good mother.”
 
“I'm scared too. But if you still want to go through with it, then, I'm gonna go through with it with you every step of the way.” Jaden replied.
 
“I'm glad you are willing to.” Alexis said, as she placed his hand into hers, and placed both of their hands on her stomach.
 
END CHAPTER
 
Well… sweet ending to the chapter… R&R!