Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Slifer Love: A Jaden/Syrus Pairing ❯ Zane's Revenge ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

n the infirmary, Jaden was worrying about Syrus. "You gonna be okay Sy?" he asked, his voice full of concern.
"I don't know Jay my arm really hurts." Sy replied.
Jaden put a hand on Sy's non-injured shoulder and looked at him sadly. "I should've helped you when Chazz started chasing you...” he said.”I thought it was all in fun..."
"It's ok. You didn't know." Sy replied.
"I love you, Sy..." Jaden said quietly as though he were still trying to apologize.
"I love you too Jay...” Sy said.
Jaden moved the hand he had on Syrus' shoulder and brushed it gently against his cheek.
Sy smiled lightly clutching his injured arm.
"Careful, Sy," Jaden said. It might hurt more if you hold onto it too hard..."
"Yeah your right. Wait till Zane hears. He'll really get Chazz beat up." Sy said with a giggle.
Jaden laughed a bit. "Yeah, I don't think Chazz'll know what hit him."
Sy laughed some. "No I don't think so."
Soon a nurse came by and gave Sy some ice for his injured arm.
"Do you know if he'll be alright?" Jaden asked the nurse.
The nurse gave a friendly smile. "He'll be fine Jaden just help him keep the ice on his hurt arm and he'll be fine in a few days."
"Okay," Jaden said relieved.
The nurse smiled again helping Sy get up.
Jaden looked at Syrus and smiled. "Bet you're glad to hear it too, huh Sy?"
"Yeah." Sy winced slightly as he felt the cold ice touch his arm.
Jaden smiled nervously. "Does the ice hurt?" he asked. "Try to handle it, Sy. The nurse said you need it."
"No it doesn't hurt its just it'll take a minute for my skin to get used to it."
"That's good," Jaden said. He gave Sy a pat on the back then winked.
"Come on let's go." Sy said heading towards the door.
"Sure thing," Jaden said.
Zane walked in having heard that Syrus had been hurt. He looked down at his younger brother with his usual serious expression. "I see it's not bad enough you have to stay," he said.
"Yeah...im ok big bro." Sy replied.
"Good," Zane said. He looked at Jaden next. "You brought him here?"
"Yeah, Jaden replied. "Couldn't let my little buddy just lay there."
Zane chuckled slightly though still stayed mostly serious.
Sy looked up at his older brother and smiled.
"Syrus," Zane said somewhat sternly. "Just what exactly happened anyway?"
"Chazz tackled me after I was just playing around with him." He explained
"I see..." Zane replied. He appeared to be deep in thought.
"Are you ok big brother?" Sy asked.
"I'm fine," Zane said. In fact he was thinking about how to deal with Chazz.
"Alright." Sy said giving Zane a slight hug.
Zane did not return the hug. His expression remained cold and thoughtful. "Tell me... Where did this all happen?"
"The cafeteria." Sy said looking down a bit sad because Zane didn't return his hug.
"Do you know if he's still there?" Zane asked.
"No I don't. We left as soon as I was hurt." Sy told him.
Zane looked at the floor then at Syrus again. "Get better soon," he said. He was getting ready to walk out of the room to find Chazz and make him pay for what he had done.
Jaden looked at Syrus noticing he seemed upset. "Don't worry Sy," Jaden said smiling. "I'm sure your bro cares. He's just not the hugging type." He laughed a little then suddenly hugged Syrus. "But I am."
Sy giggled smiling. "I know Jay."
Jaden still hugged Syrus, being gentle so he wouldn't hurt his arm any more than it already was.
"Easy Jay watch my bad arm." Sy warned.
"I know..." Jaden replied. He let go gently.
"Thanks." Sy replied.
Jaden laughed nervously. “Sorry Sy..”
“It's ok aniki..” Sy replied.
Jaden looked at Syrus a moment. “I wonder where your bro went earlier.” He said.
“Me too.” Sy replied.
Jaden smiled. “Ah well. We never did get to eat. Want me to go get you something?” Jaden asked.
“Yeah would you?” Sy replied.
Jaden nodded. “What would you like? Or would you like me to surprise you?”
“Surprise me but I want something sweet.” Sy requested.
“Okay.” Jaden said. “Be right back.” With that he smiled and went back to the cafeteria to get food for Syrus.
Someone could be heard groaning in pain in the distance.
“Huh?” Jaden thought. He walked over to check it out. “Hello?” He asked aloud.
“J-Jaden..” The voice answered.
“Who is it?” Jaden questioned.
“The C-Chazz.” The voice answered weakly.
“Chazz? What happened to you?!” Jaden asked shocked.
“Zane…he snuck up on me.” Chazz answered.
“Seriously?” Jaden asked a bit suspicious.
“Well not exactly but he came after me in my own room!” Chazz growled.
Jaden stood a moment then looked down at the ground. “Serves you right……”
“W-What are you talking about?” Chazz asked.
“After what you did to Sy you deserve it.” Jaden scolded.
“So he scraped his arm look at me!” Chazz yelled as he got up revealing several bloody gashes on his face.
Jaden sighed a bit. “Still…”
“What?” Chazz asked.
“Sy's a little guy and he's sensitive.” Jaden explained.
“Go on.” Chazz told him.
“Forget it..” Jaden said.
“Fine.” Chazz replied coldly.
Jaden stood and continued to look at the ground then turned and ran to the cafeteria. He looked through some of the desserts until he found something he thought Syrus would like.
Syrus patiently waited for Jaden while playing with the spirits of his monsters.
Jaden eventually came back with 2 pieces of chocolate pie, one for Syrus and one for himself. “Hey Sy I hope you like chocolate pie.” He said.
“Awesome I haven't had that in ages.” The little bluenette replied happily.
A big grin crossed Jaden's face as he handed one of the pieces to Syrus.
The little Slifer eagerly took a bite as he felt the cold sweet treat enter his mouth.
“Is it good?” Jaden asked eating his own pie.
“Yeah it is.” Sy replied.
“I'm glad.” Jaden laughed. “I was afraid I might pick the wrong thing.”
“Ah I would be ok with anything but something spicy.” Sy said with a giggle as he took another bite.
Jaden smiled and took a bite of his pie as well. Soon they had both finished their pies.
Jaden laughed. “Is it just me or do they not make these pies big enough?” Jaden asked.
“For once I agree with you on a subject like that.” Sy said with a shy giggle.
“Ah well.” Jaden chuckled. “It's getting late.” He said a bit disappointed because by now the cafeteria would be closed and he couldn't get any more pie.
“Yeah what now Jay?” Sy asked.
“I don't know..” Jaden replied.
“Well I was getting tired anyway.” Sy replied with a yawn.
“Okay then,” Jaden said smiling. “You get some rest. I'm gonna edit my deck.” He said.
“Ok Jay.” He said as he took off his small glasses and set them on the nightstand he slowly drifted off to sleep in a few minutes.
Jaden stayed up until about midnight editing his deck until he fell asleep.
The next morning Sy woke up a bit earlier than Jaden did and slipped down to his bunk and started kissing him.
Jaden muttered a bit in his sleep before opening his eyes. He blushed a little. “Mornin Sy…” He said sleepily.
Sy blushed a light pink.
Jaden sat up and hugged Syrus. “Is your arm feeling any better today?” He asked.
“Yeah it is.” Sy replied.
“Good.” Jaden said reassured.
“Yeah I love you Jaden….” Sy said.
“ I love you too Sy..”
OK I know the ending was abrupt. Anyways in chapter 5 a future enemy from season 3 appears. find out who in infinite zombie night!