Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ An Eventful First Day (and Night) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don't own YuGiOh GX or it's characters, but I will have some original characters that I do own.

For reference throughout the story any words in Bold are thoughts and words in () are flashbacks or dreams.

("I summon Elemental Hero Sparkman in attack mode!" Yelled Jaden Yuki. He was presently staring down the hologram embodiments of the Barrier Statue of the Inferno and two Ultimate Baseball Kids. "Wrong" Replied a young dark brown haired guy who owned said statue. "I activate Trap Hole destroying Sparkman!" The boy raged. "You got me there bro but I'm not done yet. I play 'O' Over Soul to bring my Elemental Hero Burstinatrix back to my side of the field, next I play Polymerization to..."Wrong again remember my statue it has an effect: No monsters except for fire monsters can be special summoned!" The boy yelled as he mentally thanked whoever it was that graced him with the fire deck he owned. "So you can't summon Steam Healer with the Bubbleman in your hand." "Darn, that Fengsheng Mirror you used earlier proved to be a pretty smart move." Jaden laughed. "What?! This isn't a laughing matter this is survival DO OR DIE!! How can you laugh when you're staring down the barrel of defeat?!" The fire deck user said as he looked back at the score board to find that they were tied with 1000 Life Points until a winner would be decided. "Because I just focus on having fun!" Jaden said.

"Now" Said the boy "I'll end this." He drew a card and chuckled as he saw it was Infernal Flame Emperor. "First I play Molten Destruction to increase all my fire monsters attack points by 500 points, next I sacrifice my two Baseball kids and my Barrier statue to summon Infernal Flame Emperor!" Grrrrrrrrahh!! the monster roared as it rose from the fire of the sacrificed monsters. A meter appeared to show that it had 2700 Attack points which increased to 3200 points. "I activate his effect I remove from play two fire monsters to destroy your two face down spells." the two cards that were face down exploded into a small light desplay. "Not done yet I activate Call of the Haunted!" Yelled the guy "So I can bring back my Great Angus in attack mode, now destroy his Burstinatrix!" The giant beast roared as he charged the woman. Similar to the spells and traps it exploded. "Good thing Burstinatrix was in Defense mode." Jaden said as the gust of wind that followed his monsters demise blew past him. "Not done yet Infernal flame Emperor attack his Life points directly!" Yelled the guy as his giant monster threw a fire ball at Jaden knocking him to the ground. "Consider yourself torched. Wait a minute, I just beat the number one duelist at the best dueling school in the world!" The boy said as he jumped up in the air to celebrate his victory. As he walked to the center he held out his hand to pull Jaden up onto his feet. "Good game, it was fun." The boy said as he helped Jaden to his feet and shook his hand. "Same here, bro." Jaden said shaking the boy's hand. "Hey I didn't catch your name, what was it?" "Oh, it's Mike." said Mike as he let go of Jaden's hand and walked toward the center stage to accept his prize.)

"Mike..." said someone "Mike..." the voice said again. "Huh...what is it." said Mike as he awoke and rubbed his eyes. "You were winning that tournament in your sleep again." Said a girl with beautiful long brown hair and beautiful saphire eyes said as she sat down next to him on a bed below the deck of a ship. "I still can't believe I beat Jaden Yuki." Mike said as he got off the bed and stretched. "You know, red is so your color!" Said the girl giggling. "Oh you know how much I hate fashion talk!" snapped Mike as he took a moment to admire the red jacket he recieved on the same day as he got his acceptance letter to Duel Academy. "I still don't believe you got Ra yellow that's almost impossible, and that we got accepted and transported this late in the semester." Mike said as he took his deck out of his pocket and loaded it into a shiny red and orange duel disk. "That duel disk matches you outfit soooo perfectly!" The girl once again giggled. "For the last time Monica I hate fashion talk, I'm not a girl nor am I gay so please stop, there'll be plenty of girls for you to talk about fashion with once we get to the academy." Mike snapped again. "How do you know?" Monica shot back as she put her hands on her hips. "Because" Mike said as he took out a guidebook. "she is one of the best duelists there" Mike continued pointing to a picture of Alexis Rhodes. "and all the dorms are divided, boys in one part girls in the other, duh!" "Good point." Monica said accepting the rare fact that Mike, for once, outsmarted her. "We're here" Said a boy who like Monica had been accepted into the Ra dorm. "Thanks Ben." Both Mike and Monica said as the captain came on the P.A. and said "We're here." "See." Ben said blankly.

Mike, Monica, and Ben were the first to disembark along with their friends: Cody, Caleb, Zach, and Ryan. There were some others but they never bothered to actually get to know them because the ride was so short. "See there are other girls." Mike said as he entered the main office.
"Welcome to Duel Academy." The receptionist said as the group of kids walked up to the desk. "Five for the red dorm, two for yellow dorm please." Mike said. "Oh, your the new transfer students aren't you, ok lets see...here they are." The receptionist said as she handed the keys to the kids as they walked past. On the way there Mike made a bet with Monica about the Slifer dorms. "Hey Monica, I was told that the Red dorm is poorly treated due to Kaiba's bias of Obelisk and Ra over Slifer." Mike said "I doubt that, I think that all dorms are treated the same way." Monica replied cooly. "Fine then, the usual bet then I guess?" Mike said with a sly grin on his face. "Loser buys the winner a milkshake, you're on!" Monica said as she and Mike started racing to the Red dorm.

At the dorms, to Monica's dismay, Mike won. "Ha! Milkshake time." Mike cheered. "At least I don't have to live here." Monica said. "Aww man that's right." Mike groaned. "It's actually not that bad once you get used to it." Somebody said from behind the group. "Who was...?" Mike said looking back. "Oh come on don't tell me you forgot the tournament already." The person said again. "Jaden...is that you bro?" Mike said as he pushed through the crowd. "Took you long enough." Jaden said as he began laughing. "Welcome to Chez Slifer." Jaden grinned as he noticed that the group of people stared blankly as an unkown name in dueling and a pro were talking like best friends after a summer vacation. Monica seeing the sun was starting to set said "Mike, can you help me with my luggage? The run here carrying these bags wore my arms out." "Sure." Mike said as he lifted two of the considerably larger bags onto his shoulders like it was nothing. "Well when did you gain upper body strength?" monica said examining the bulging muscles of Mike's upper arms as the two started walking off. "Remember how I got picked on back at the old school?" Mike said. "Yeah." Monica replied in a tone that suggested that she didn't understand. "Well I started working out so if anyone decided anything I said were fighting words I would have a chance." Mike said. "Oh, you mean like on the last day we were at school when you laid that kid out becuse he tried to steal your cards and destroy them?" Monica asked. "Yep." Mike said. The rest of the trip was silent.

"Well this is my room. Thanks for the help." Monica said as Mike put down her stuff and rotated his shoulder untill it popped. "Well it's dark now looks like I better get back." Mike said as he started down the trail back to the Slifer dorms. "Wait..." Monica said. "Yes." Mike said turning back to look at his friend. "It's dark and you're not familiar with the island why don't you sleep here with me tonight." Monica said. "Sorry, but my honor prevents me from..." Mike began. "No, no not that, I have two beds in this room. You can sleep in the spare bed." Monica said blushing. "Thanks." Mike said returning to his friends side, she then stepped aside to let Mike through the door. "Sure is roomy." Mike said looking around the room. "Yeah well, I think it might be a little over the top don't you think." Monica said taking off her jacket. "Wow." Mike said as his jaw slacked at the sight of his friend in a hot little black blouse. "Oh, behave." Monica said as she swiftly slapped him across the face making him lose his balance. "Sorry." Mike said as he got up and massaged the area where Monica had slapped him. "Looks like the kitten's got claws." Mike said as he stretched out on the bed. "Meow." Monica said as she imitated the motion of a cat scratching the air. "Well get some sleep." My love. "We've got our first classes tomorrow." Monica announced. "Well maybe you do but I have a test to take." Mike said yawning and turning over so Monica could get dressed into her PJs. "For what?" Monica said as she slipped on some pajama pants. "Well all the classes I applied for are Sophomore grade level or higher so I have to take a special test to see if I can skip Freshman year and go straight to Sophomore." Mike explained as Monica sat down next to him on the bed. "Well looks like you'll have a bit more of an eventful day then I will." Monica said. "Man I'm tired." She said yawning. "Think I'm gonna lay down here." Monica said laying down next to Mike. "Awww but I'm already half asleep." Mike groaned. "Tough, so am I. Either you move or go to sleep." Monica said as the sleep over took her. "You know I'm starting to think you planned this you naughty girl." Mike said as the sleep over powered him too. "Hmm..." Was the only word she could muster but it was met by Mike's slow, deep breathing.

Mike woke up late at night and looked at the clock sitting on the bedside table. "3:24" He sighed. He looked over at the face of his friend, the moonlight made the whole room glow with an odd silver light. She looks so beautiful when she sleeps. He thought to himself. He looked over to the other bed and noticed it was messed up like someone had slept in it, but he and the unconscious Monica were the only two there. He looked around the room by the light of the moon, there was still nobody there. He got a little creeped out, so he started for the door when he heard Monica shift in the bed. He looked back to see his friend shivering. She must've been cuddling up with me for warmth. He thought. He crossed the room to the bed and covered Monica. He then turned around and opened the door of the room and walked outside to find an attractive young woman sitting on one of the chairs over looking the moonlit sea. "Hello?" Mike said to the girl who jumped in surprise. "Oh, your awake. You know you may be cute but that's no excuse for you to sleep with any of the girls at this academy, especially my new roommate" The girl said pushing and holding Mike against the wall. Mike grabbed her wrists and forced her off of him. "Listen, she's a friend it was merely a coincidence that we were in the same bed I wouldn't taint something that pure." Mike said. "A likely story, and you'll be happy to know that I'll have you reported and expelled long before you can give her that morning after pill you most likely have in your pocket." The girl was beginning to yell. "Ssssssshh!" Mike was doing all he could to keep this thick headed girl quiet. "What's all the commotion?" Ben and some other Ra yellow students were asking as they had heard the girl yelling. "I caught this guy sleeping with my roommate!" The girl yelled. "Mike, is this true?" Ben asked as the shock of the scenario snapped him out of his grogginess. "No, and I've been trying to explain this to her for the last ten minutes." Mike said as he realized that he was clearly outnumbered when it came to trust. At that moment his savior came in the form of Monica being awaken by the sound of feet above her and voices outside the window. "What's going on?" Monica said as she rubbed her eyes. "You're her roommate?" Ben said pointing to the girl who at this point looked like she would gladly wring Mike's neck. "Mike..." Monica said with a concerned look on her face. "She thinks I 'slept' with you." Mike said. "Because you did. I saw the way she was cuddling up to you." "Did you also see the thermometer it was 40 degrees in that room she wanted warmth." Mike said, his temper rising. "It was pretty cold." Ben said. "You stay out of this you little brat." The girl snapped at him. "Lydia calm down." An older person said. Lydia let go of Mike's shirt which she was currently holding in a position where if she hadn't been stopped she would've strangled Mike.

"So" The older man said as he walked over to Mike. "Did you do anything in this dorm room." Mike knew what he meant by anything. "If you mean did I sleep with Monica, no." Mike responded. "Monica, is there a Monica here." The older man said. "I'm here sir." Monica said stepping forward. "In your own words what happened in this dorm room?" The man asked. "Nothing, it was dark, Mike helped me carry my stuff back to my room. I thought I had it to myself, so I let my friend Mike sleep in the spare bed. I fell asleep on that particular bed as well, it was just a coincidence." Monica said. "That doesn't explain why I saw her and Mike cuddling when I walked in." Lydia said arrogantly. "Lydia you know as well as I do that the nights here are sometimes chilly." The man said to Lydia. "Yeah well...sorry." Lydia said. "I'm naturally distrusting and paranoid." Lydia said looking at her feet. "It's ok just as long as we all know it was just a coincedence." Mike said. "Now let's all get back to our dorms, Mike you may continue to stay here for the remainder of the night." The older man said. "And justice has prevailed." Mike said.

Thank god I'm done typing this, please R&R. Yeah I know it was long