Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ Fighting Back ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The day after the "incident" in the Ra dorm things went from bad to worse from Mike but luckily not everyone at duel academy believes what they hear. After taking to the floor after being allowed back into the dorm Mike slowly went back to sleep only to be awakened by Monica. "Oh God where'd I put my deck!!!" She yelled as she tore apart the dorm room trying to find her deck that she built the day before she got on the boat to the academy. "Did you try the pocket of your jacket?" Mike said yawning. "Uh..." she said searching the pockets. "Here they are." Monica said in a how stupid of me kind of voice. "Dee Dee Dee!" Mike laughed. "I guess you were right to say that so I won't hit you...this time." Monica said slyly. "Oh-No." Mike said mockingly. "Well guess I better get back to my dorm and get ready for the test that Chancellor Shepard has waiting for me. See ya later guys! Wish me luck!" Mike said running out the door. "Well" Lydia said finally getting out of the shower and entering the room in a yellow blazer and mini skirt. "Well what?" Monica said looking at Lydia confusedly. "When do you plan on making your move? You know with Mike." Lydia said getting into the refrigerator and pouring her self a glass of orange juice. "What do you mean?" Monica asked. "You like Mike don't you. Well get a move on before someone else does cause that fine piece of muscle will probably get taken quickly." Lydia said in a matter-of-fact tone. "And you know best don't you." Monica said bringing up the night before.

At the Slifer dorm pretty much everyone was still asleep except for Jaden, Syrus, Chazz, and Tyranno Hassleberry. All of which were dueling. "Hey Mike where were you last night, we got worried." Syrus said as Mike approached the group. "I heard he got naughty in the Ra dorm." Chazz replied. "Stand down for once Chazz, geez." Hassleberry said seeing that what Chazz said cut through Mike like a hot knife through butter. "Yeah Chazz, not cool." Syrus added as Mike passed the group without so much as a wave. They watched as he walked through the door to his dorm and slammed the door shut. "Chazz, you can be a real jackass, you know that?" Jaden said as he ran off to the dorms to see if his new friend was ok or to see if what Chazz had said was true. "Mike, something wrong?" Jaden asked "Chazz's just a jerk he likes to make things up and..." "He made up nothing but only the Ra dorm part is true. I didn't get naughty I just spent the night there." Mike said. "Well that's a relief but it was sort of a secret so by now the whole academy has heard the rumor." Jaden said grimmly. "I know." Mike replied just as grimmly. Some minutes later Mike came out of his dorm room with a fresh blazer and a 1 liter bottle of Vault energy drink. "Well someones looking sharp for classes." Syrus said as Mike sat down to breakfast at the picnic tables outside of the main academy. "I've got a huge test today so I can skip freshman year." Mike said enthusiastically. "Sounds like a long day ahead of you son." Hassleberry said as he joined the group. At that instant a couple of girls passed by the table, all from different dorms, as they passed the stared and whispered to each other Mike assumed that it was about him seeing them staring at him. "Geez, rumors travel through this school at blinding speeds." "No, you think." Chazz said as he walked by the table, obviously embarassed by the fact that he too was a Slifer and didn't want to associate with others of his kind. "Lay off Chazz!" Mike growled. "And you're gonna make 'The Chazz' do that huh, oh and if your too stupid to realize, those girls staring and whispering at and about you." Chazz bragged. "That's it, I'm sick of you Chazz you're dead!" Mike yelled. "No, Mike." Mike's friend Cody said as he held Mike's neck in a death grip which being Mike's built heavily it only stunned him temporarily. "I'll take care of him." Cody said as Mike fell to the ground. "Cody, stay out of this, this is my battle let me fight it." Mike gasped. "You've been drinking Vault again." Cody said "You're basically drunk." "It's not alcohol." Mike quickly said as he noticed the stunned looks on his other friends. "Same effect, safer drink. For you at least." Cody said as he loaded his deck into a nearby duel disk.

"Chazz, duel me, if I win you leave Mike alone, if I lose then I'll quit dueling." Secretly both duelists crossed their fingers behind their backs, cancelling the bet. Both duelist's life point counters rose to 4000 points. "I'll go first." Cody said as he drew a card. "I set two cards face down, then I summon a monster in face down defense mode." Cody said as he ended his turn. "Is that your best slacker?" Chazz said as he drew his first card. "If thats so, then I'll finish you very soon indeed." Chazz said. "I summon Armed Dragon lv 3. Next I play 2 Level ups so I can make my lv 3 dragon into Armed Dragon lv 7. Now attack his face down card now!" Chazz yelled. His Dragon roared as it attacked Cody's monster. A tiny little grey monster appeared and exploded. "Ha, you fell right into my plans because that was my Alien Gray and its flip effect activates so it gives your monster one 'A' Counter." As he said those words were spoken a small yellow orb appeared and stuck itself to the Armed Dragon's chest. "What's that supposed to do?" Chazz asked. It was clear that he was scared not knowing what the 'Alien' monsters did especially when 'A' counters did. "Mike, what's going on?" Jaden asked leaning over so he could whisper. "Cody's winning. You see Cody was always fascinated with outer space and once a pack came out that contained 'Alien' monsters he had to have them. As you can see he's skilled with them." Mike explained. "'A' counters work with 'Aliens' like this if a monster with an 'A' counter battles an 'Alien' monster it loses 300 attack and defense points. More 'A' counters less power also there are spells and traps that work with them just watch." Mike said as he stood and yelled "Chazz, not knowing is the worst torture of them all!" All this did was scare Chazz even more for it was true he didn't know what was going on. "Inspiring words Mike." Cody said as he drew a card. "I summon 'Alien Pyscho' and his effect is a nasty one if a monster has an 'A' counter it can't attack." "What?!" Chazz said as he looked at his now useless dragon. Next I set two cards face down and play 'Earth Chant' so I sacrifice my 'Alien Mother' so I can special summon 'Alien Warrior'!" Cody yelled. Rarrrrrrr! his new Alien roared as it rose from the ground. "Are you done yet?" Chazz said with a show of false bravado. "My move." Curse this guy he may actually beat me. "I summon one monster face down and end my turn." Chazz looked defeated how else could he win at this point. "Ha!" Cody laughed. "I activate Call of the Haunted to bring back my 'Alien Mother' next I sacrifice it and my 'Alien Warrior' to summon 'Cosmic Horror Gangi'el'" A new alien rose from the ground. All the counters appeared to show the monster attack points. The Armed Dragon had 2800, Alien Pyscho had 200, and Gangi'el had 2600.
"Next I play Malevolent Nuzzler and equip it to Gangi'el to raise his attack to thirty-three hundred. Now attack his Armed Dragon." Cody commanded his monster. "Wow, I should get some of those aliens." Hassleberry said watching as the giant alien destroyed the the equally enormous dragon. "Just like those Godzilla movies! SWEET!" Jaden said cheering on Cody. A couple of turn passed, Chazz found that no matter what he did the aliens overpowered him and his Life Points quickly decreased to zero.

"That was awesome!" Mike cheered as Cody walked away from a sulking Chazz. "You owned, bro." Jaden said thumping Cody on the back. Chazz knelt on the ground, deep in thought. How could he beat me, I'm the Chazz I can't lose. At least I don't have to keep my end of the bargain thank you shifty lifestyle! Chazz rose from the ground and walked away. Meanwhile Alexis Rhodes walked over to say a few words of congratulation and to warn of Chazz's deciet. "Good job putting Chazz in his place, but I guess you should know that he crossed his fingers so the deal was null and void." She then walked away leaving behind foreshadowing of events that will make life even worse for Mike as the year continues. "Oh man I'm gonna be late for the test." Mike said as he finished his Vault and ran to the Obelisk Arena.