Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ Party Duel ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mike was on his way to take his big test, but he barely had time to think about it as he had taken a severe blow to his pride and self confidence. To make things worse he had to endure a gauntlet of staring eyes, pointing fingers, and whispers behind his back. It was the end of the day by the time he had finished the written portion,now he had to take a dueling portion. He arrived at Obelisk Arena to find that there were cameras set up and a lone teacher stood in the middle of the arena. "Welcome, I'm Dr. Crowler your execution...I mean proctor for the test you'll be taking. I trust you brought your duel disk." Dr. Crowler said. "I've got my duel disk right here...umm...I'll just call you Professor." Mike said unsure if Crowler was a man or woman. "Ok, slacker if that's the way you want to act then you can make the first move." Crowler said as he drew the first five cards and activated his duel disk. "Ok, but what's with the cameras?" Mike asked as he drew six cards and activated his own duel disk. "Ah yes I'm working on a theory that slackers work best under extreme pressure so I've set up some cameras to broadcast this duel across the whole school!" Crowler cackled. "Oh, then I'll have to go extra easy on you then huh?" Mike said as he mocked Crowler's cackling.

"I summon Great Angus in attack mode, next I set three face downs and end my turn." Mike stated. "Rookie moves indeed, I play Magnet Circle Lv 2 so I can special summon Ancient Gear. Next I sacrifice it to summon Ancient Gear Beast in attack mode, Now my beast attack his Angus!" Crowler yelled. His giant mechanical cat leaped in to the air and crashed down hard onto the giant red bull causing it to explode. "Fine then guess it's my turn." Mike said as he drew his next card. "Now!" Mike yelled. "I activate Call of The Haunted to bring back my Great Angus, next I summon Blazing Inpachi and activate Molten Destruction to raise all of my fire monsters by five hundred points." A volcano appeared behind Mike and lava started slowly started to flow from it. A set of meters appeared to compare all the attack points of the monsters on the field. Blazing Inpachi had 2350 attack points, Ancient Gear Beast had 2000, and Great Angus had 2300. "Now, Angus take your vengence and attack his Ancient Gear Beast!" Mike bellowed in unison with his Angus' roar as it charged the big mechanical cat. With an earspliiting metallic screech the big cat exploded leaving the giant flaming golem left to attack. "Blazing Inpachi, direct attack, go!" Mike yelled as the golem punched the cringing teacher.

Crowler's life point counter dropped by 2350 bring his score to 1650. "Very good, but you see I knew you would do that so I activate Heavy Storm to destroy your spells and traps, and that includes your mad cow." Crowler said with a smirk. "Not exactly." Mike said pressing a button on his duel disk. "I activate Magic Jammer and toss a card to super singe your spell." Mike said grinning broadly. "Well then, I set two face downs and end my turn." Crowler said as two giant cards appeared in front of him. "Well then time to end this regardless of whatever card I draw. I activate Premature Burial, I pay 800 hundred life points so I can special summon my Molten Zombie back from the graveyard. Says here on the card when he's special summoned from the grave I can draw one card." Mike said as he drew a card. "Sweet! The card I drew is my signature monster and I'll demonstate his power, so I sacrifce my three monsters so I can summon Infernal Flame Emperor!" Mike yelled as the volcano behind him erupted and from it rose a giant monster made of flame. "Wrong, I activate Trap Hole to destroy it." Crowler said pressing the button to activate his trap. "Nope." Mike responded pressing a button on his duel disk. "I activate Trap Jammer and toss my last card so your card burns out instead of my Emperor." Mike said as his Emperor joined his side. "Now" Mike continued "I activate my monsters special effect I remove from play one fire monster and my Emperor can lay waste to your face down." Mike said. As Mike placed the removed monster from his grave into his pocket the giant flame beast threw a tiny fire ball at the giant face down card which burst into flames on impact. "Now my Emperor attack his Life points directly!" Mike said as his monster obeyed his order by making pillars of flames burst from the ground at a stunned Dr. Crowler who signaled for the cameras to be immediately shut off as the fire hit him.

About 30 minutes ago in a random classroom. "Mike's got no chance against Crowler." Chazz said as the teacher explained how this duel will decide the Red dorm's fate. "Uh...sir what do you mean decide the Red dorm's fate?" Syrus asked nervously. "Oh...well...I don't know honestly Mr. Truesdale. Let's let that be a suprise for all of us." The teacher said as he turned on the large group instruction monitor and accessed the Obelisk camera system that Crowler had told them how to access. "Don't worry Sy, Mike should do fine." Jaden reassured a quivering Syrus. "If you ask me if he couldn't even beat me in a duel there's no way he can beat Crowler." Chazz said as the duel started. "Good thing nobody asked you, hey wait he never faced you so how do you know he can't beat you?" Syrus asked looking back to face Chazz. "Simply" Chazz started "'Cause he can't fight his own battles he had to have that other slacker Cody do it for him." Chazz said loud enough for the whole room to hear. "Quiet, we're missing Crowler summoning an Ancient Gear Beast to crush Mike's Angus." Ben said as he finnaly got annoyed at the pointless argument that the other two students were having. The Slifers watched in horror as the Great Angus exploded in a scene that spelled defeat for Mike. "I can't watch anymore!" Syrus yellped as he buried his head into his arms. "He only lost some life points and look he's got two monsters on the field and a volcano just appeared behind him." Jaden said to Syrus who looked like he was having a "Whitey Duval" seizure. "He must have some big plans for those monsters." Chazz said as the flaming golem attacked Crowler. "He does" Bem said "he's gonna win this next turn." "Yay! No nasty Slifer fate!" Syrus cheered. "Don't count Crowler out yet." Chazz said nervously. "Dude, that's the monster he beat me with." Jaden said in awe as the Flame Emperor appeared. "It's awesome isn't it?" Ben said as he leaned forward to watch as the pillars shot toward Crowler. All of a sudden the screen went blank. "What's the deal?" Jaden said as the teacher ran over to the computer to see exactly what the problem was. "Mike lost so they took pity on him." Chazz grinned as he turned to walk away. Cody met him at the door. "No, Crowler lost, bet you anything." Cody said as Chazz thought of what he wanted that Cody had. "Fine, if I'm right then you'll have to give me your Alien deck." Chazz said with a sly glare. "Fair enough." Cody said solemly.

Mike took the long way home to his dorm so he could avoid being seen and tormented. Despite his tough exterior he was more emo then most people believed. As he came back onto the campus he noticed that it was dinner time. He bought some food but couldn't eat it because he bacme so sick of hearing people talking about him especially behind his back. He rose from his seat in the back of the cafeteria and walked out side and sat under a tree near the cliif overlooking the sea. Unknown to him the queen of Obelisk blue had seen him and noticed the defeat in his eyes especially after beating a teacher at a duel which wasn't very common with other students. She followed him outside and found him sitting with his head in his hands watching the sun set. "Mind if I sit down?" Alexis Rhodes said to him in a soft tone. "Ground's not mine you can if you want to." Mike said without looking back. "Look at me so I can tell if you're actually listening." Alexis said as her voice became serious. Mike looked back he had no expression at all just depreesion deep, deep depression was all that was visible. "What is it, here to insult me to my face I suppose." Mike said with a hint of anger in his voice. "No, not everyone believes what they hear around here, remember that. I'm Alexis Rhodes by the way." Alexis said as she stood up and walked away. Hmm...she seemed nice. "Well, nice meeting..." Mike began, but he then noticed that she was gone. "you." He sighed.

He then left to go back to his own dorm. When he arrived he found that it was almost completely abandoned, everyone was off doing something. "Looks like it's just me here." Mike said to himself. He climbed the stairs to his own room to crash for the night. When he came to his room he found a note which said: Mike, we know you've had a rough couple of days what with the test and all that stuff, but we've got something to cheer you up so meet us down by the beach. Jaden. "Guess I better go see what this is." Mike sighed as he started down the path to the beach. As he arrived he found tiki torches, a bon fire, and all sorts of decroations for what seemed to be a party. "Yo, Jaden,Syrus you guys here?" Mike yelled. No answer. Jaden, Syrus took the opportunity to sneak up on Mike. Jaden held up one finger, two, then three and jumped out from behind Mike and yelled "Suprise!!" Mike jumped out of suprise and landed face first on the sand, he turned over and saw Jaden holding out a hand to help him up. "You guys didn't have to do this." Mike said dusting himself off and chuckling. "Yeah, well you've been so stressed out lately we thought you might need help unwinding." Syrus said appearing from behind Mike and carrying a CD player. "Alright!" Mike said "Party!" Syrus pressed play and music began ringing across the beach. "Well looks like I better go mingle hmm?" Mike said as a cute girl passed by. "Yeah, meet some new people." Jaden said pushing Mike toward a group of girls who were talking about how classes went that day. "Uh...Hi." Mike said as the girls noticed he had came over. "Oh, hello, my name's Jasmine." An Obelisk blue girl said as she held her hand out. Mike shook it, he then did something completely out of his character, he kissed her hand. The girl Jasmine laughed warmly at this most unusual greeting. "My name's Mike, by the way." Mike said as he let go of her hand. "Is that how people greet each other where you come from?" Jasmine asked sincerely. "Not exactly." Mike said as he started to blush deeply, making his face match his jacket. "Your really nice, guess the rumors weren't true." Jasmine said smiling. "Thanks." Mike replied. Alexis was right. He thought. The party continued without a hitch, Mike met all sorts of people who didn't believe the awful lies that spread after just the first night. That is until Chazz had to walk by. "Well, well what have we here?" Chazz exclaimed as he walked down the path to the beach to find Mike there to meet him. "What do you want you rapist." Chazz hissed as he walked past a disgruntled Mike. "My pride back. And this time Cody's not here to protect you!" Mike yelled as he grabbed Chazz by the neck and slammed him into the rock wall. The crowd gasped as Mike held him against the rock wall in a one-handed strangle hold. "You and Cody stole my pride and now I'm getting it back." Mike whispered as he grabbed a duel disk and handed it to Chazz he then took his own which he had been carrying and pulled Chazz into the middle of the crowd.