Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ Evils and Parents ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorry if I forgot but I still don't own Yugioh GX if I did I'd be like that one guy on Bobobo who could turn people into money.

Mike pulled Chazz into the middle of the crowd. "Put me down!!" Chazz demanded as Mike dropped him onto the sand. "Duel me, I want my pride back and you're the first person that I must take down for that to happen." Mike growled as he started his duel disk. "This should be easy for I know all of your combos so there is no way I can lose." Chazz said cooly. "Wrong." Mike said as he unzipped his blazer and opened it to reveal 12 decks, 6 strapped to his chest and 3 on each of the halves of his blazer. "I still have twelve decks that haven't even been seen by anyone but myself." Mike took out one of the decks and placed his fire deck into the empty pocket. "Fine so you've got just as much free time as that Bastion Misawa guy, big freakin' deal I'll still take you down." Chazz said as he loaded his own deck into his duel disk.

The duel began and Mike was already in full battle mode. "I place one monster face down, next I play two cards face down and end my turn." Mike said as three giant cards appeared in front of him. "If that's the best this deck can produce then I'll stomp it easy. I play frontline base and summon V-Tiger Jet, because of my base I can add another monster to my side and I choose W-Wing Catapault. Now combine." Chazz barked as his two monsters flew into the air and merged to make VW-Tiger Catapault. "Now attack his face down monster now!" Chazz yelled as his catapault shot four missles at the face down monster which exploded on contact with the giant card. "No damage here Chazz, you actually fell into my plan. I play Premature Burial and pay 800 Life Points to bring my Sand Moth back from the grave, next I sacrifice it to summon Heiracoshinx in attack mode, Now my sphinx attack his catapault!" Mike commanded his monster which flew into the air straight at Chazz's monster. With a loud metallic grinding noise the catapualt exploded. "Not to smart a move at this point." Chazz stated. "I activate Tribute to the Doomed and toss one card to destroy your sphinx." Chazz laughed. "Keep destroying monsters Chazz you are now so far into my plan that even surrender wouldn't free you from the wrath of Exxod." Mike started to laugh evilly as the aura of his original personality dissolved into pure evil. As the crowd looked on they noticed that Mike was changing, vaguely at first but now the change even began to appear physically. Jasmine was one of the few people who wasn't completely there because of the way that Mike had led his opponent onto the duel area. She leaned forward to whisper into Alexis's ear. "Did you see how Mike lifted Chazz by the neck, and for that length of time, I'm sure Chazz had to be at least a little heavy." "Well." Alexis began. "We have seen wierder."

Cody arrived on the scene completely out of breath. He panted. "What's going on, I heard Mike laughing from the woods, I figured something was wrong and..." He looked up and saw that Chazz and Mike were dueling. "No, this isn't good, Jaden stop the duel now." Cody said. "Why this is just getting good." Jaden replied. "You don't get it that's barely Mike. I knew I shouldn't have let him voulenteer for that experiment." Cody said as he sat down on the sand. "Now." Mike began. "I play one monster face down and remove my sphinx from play to special summon this face down defense mode. Your move." Mike said with an evil grin. "Ok then I summon one monster face down and end my turn." Chazz said. "How pathetic, I flip my Golem Sentry into attack mode and when he's flip summoned I can return one monster to your hand so your monster goes right back to your hand next I flip summon Exxod: Master of the Guard into attack mode." Mike said. "Why that monster has zero attack, did you here me z-e-r-o." Chazz said. "Don't do that Chazz." Cody warned. "He's not himself if you make him mad you'll seriously regret it." "Quiet, you're next." Mike said. "I'm not finished yet I play shield and sword to make my monster's attack four thousand. Now, Master of the Guard attack his life points directly!" Mike bellowed as his monster rose to it's feet and punched the ground hard causing a humongous shockwave causing Chazz's Life Points to drop to zero. "That is my power, never underestimate me again." Mike warned Chazz. Mike almost immediately slipped into unconsciousness. It was a full ten minutes before he came to and when he did he was in the infirmary. "So, what happened?" Mike asked Jaden who was almost out the door. "Sy, he's up. What do you mean, Mike you dueled Chazz. You also beat him pretty badly, he's shattered, he kinda just passed out almost at the same time you did. You mean you seriously don't remember?" Jaden asked. "I believe I can explain that." Cody entered the room.

"Mike do you remember that night after I picked up that signal on my computer and we went to the field to test the machine?" Cody said. Mike nodded. "Yeah when you hooked up those electrodes and put those things in the ground. What ever became of that?" He asked. "Well" Cody began "That site where I thought we could get a transmission, it was a burial ground for some sorcerror I guess you could call him. Well unknown to us his spirit entered you when I sent the electricity into your body. I did some tests to see what went wrong and I noticed that your brainwave pattern was out of whack. You had both your conscious and unconscious going at once. Well since you were unconscious that meant that spirit was trying to take control, and it seems as if he succeded. The only thing was that he could only take over when you were angry." Cody finished. "That's heavy." Mike said shaking his head. "I also noticed that when you're 'drunk' off of Vault you can control this spirit." Cody stated. "Then what should I just be drunk off Vault all the time?" Mike asked. "No, that might make the condition worse." Cody said. "So then what?" "Try to control your anger." "Cody, we need to duel, now! The spirit's after you too." Mike said. "Fine let's duel." Cody replied. "I must win if not this thing could take me over again and may hurt you pretty badly." Mike said in a concerned tone. Let me duel him, I'll beat him for sure. The entity said from within Mike's head. No, I'm in control and I say lay off. Mike thought to the spirit. "Cody, forget the duel. Build a machine to get this thing out of me, I don't know how much longer I can hold him off." Mike said as he put his hand to his head. "Fortunately I brought the machine with me so maybe we can just put him back into the ground." Cody said as he stood to leave. "Well I'll meet you guys back at the dorm." Mike said as he stood up and stretched. "Ok, see you there." Jaden said.

Back at the dorm things had been as normal as they had been for the last couple of days except for one thing, when he returned to his room he found a small crowd standing around the door to his room. "What's this?" Mike said as the crowd parted to let him through. "Mike, someone sent you a couple of packages and one's huge!" Syrus exclaimed. "Jaden, help me get this stuff inside." Mike said as he started to push the biggest box into his dorm. As the last of the things got into the room Mike took out a knife and started opening the packages. "They didn't." Mike said as he opened a box to find a Nintendo Wii and all of his games. "You got a Nintendo Wii?!" Jaden and Syrus exclaimed as they started jumping up and down. "Yeah and if they sent this then I know what's in those other two boxes." Mike said as he opened the other two boxes to find his 42 inch plasma TV and a small satellite dish. "How'd you get all this expensive stuff?" Syrus said seathing with excitement. "Well my adoptive parents were sort of rich. Yeah, they always made me seem spoiled when I lived back in their home. They always said they just wanted me to be happy and I did that as they blessed me with the items you see here." Mike explained. "Hey you know what, we never asked what your last name is." Syrus said. "Yeah what is it?" Jaden said. "You guys wouldn't believe me if I told you so why bother." Mike said. "We'll believe you just tell us." Syrus said seathing again. "Ok, it's Kaiba." Mike said calmly. "No way." Jaden said. "Way." Mike said. "If that's true what's your adoptive mom's maiden name?" Syrus asked. "Ishtar." Mike said smiling. "You know I do remember an article in the newspaper that said that Kaiba got married and then another that said he adopted a kid." Syrus remembered. "Dude, you've got the coolest dad ever!" Jaden seathed. "Yeah he is pretty cool outside of work, he even taught me how to duel and gave me my fire deck." Mike said laying down on the floor and staring up at the ceiling. "Listen though you cannot tell anyone here, OK" Mike said. "Why not?" Syrus groaned. "Because I don't want special treatment because of my family, I want my own life." Mike said. Unknown to the group of friends Chazz had heard everything through the wall and he wasn't gonna let Mike cover it up for he was already spreading the news across the school.

"Guys, I'll hook up the sattelite dish tomorrow so we can watch the big duel tomorrow." Mike said as Jaden and Syrus reluctantly left Mike's room. "Ok see you tommorrow then." Jaden said as he walked to the other side of the dorm. "Oh and if you guys want to bring a couple of friends go ahead." Mike said as Jaden entered the room. "Got it." Jaden waved.