Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ Infiltration ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Still don't own GX...or any OCs of MLo or Kinasha Kaiba. On with the Fic!!

Last time we saw the hero of our story he'd lost a duel to one of the flunkies of the organization Vexel Primus. Jaden swore revenge, but was stopped by one of the Six War Masters, Shade Blackthorn. He tells Jaden that he'll take revenge for his fallen comrade, and to use a special card to take down as many flunkies as possible.

"Ok Blackthorn, how are we supposed to use these!" Jaden yelled from the building when he saw the Russian duelist had exited said building. "When the time comes you'll know." He replied. "What's that supposed to mean!" Jaden said as he looked at the card. "The text won't become active until you place it on a duel disk while the cursed seal is active!" Blackthorn replied. "Oh, thanks!!" Jaden replied. When he looked down again Blackthorn was surrounded by Vexels. "Hey, five on one is hardly fair!" Blackthorn shouted at the Vexels. Jaden saw what was going on and started down the stairs as quickly as possible followed by the rest of the group. "Ok Blackthorn, where's Kaiba?" One of the Vexels said. "He was captured by one of you. I don't know where he is." Blackthorn replied. "If you won't tell us where he is then we'll force the answer out of you." The Vexel who'd done the talking raised his duel disk. The other four followed suit. "Blackthorn, we'll take these guys, go find Mike!" Jaden and the group appeared at Blackthorn's side. "No, I can't let the innocent suffer. You and me can take two of these guys. I know they won't duel unless the numbers are even. I refuse to let the others try to take on these guys." Blackthorn said. Syrus chose this opportunity to stand out. "Hey I know where Mike went!" He cheered as he, Joann, and Hassleberry all began to run away from the duel which was set to begin. "What're they doing? Get them, they know something." The lead Vexel said. the three other Vexels began to chase the teenagers. "I can't let this happen, those're high rank Vexels." Blackthorn tried to go after the six people, Jaden stopped him. "We need to duel here, now are you gonna trust those guys?" Jaden said. "I trust them..." Blackthorn said as he turned back to face the other Vexels. "Guys, go duel, Blackthorn and I can take these guys." Jaden raised his duel disk in sync with Blackthorn. Blackthorn's duel disk was black with spikes scattered around it. "Wow, you're full on goth aren't you?" Jaden chuckled. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Blackthorn said as he reached into his over coat, pulled out his deck and loaded it into his duel disk.

"What a treat, two bodies, a legendary card, and we get to say we beat one of the Six War Masters." One of the Vexels said. "I'll say, and the keys hanging on their necks will put us right in the finals." The second Vexel said as he pointed to Blackthorn's neck. He had five keys, two more and he's in the finals. Jaden noticed this. Wow, an hour into the tournament, and he's got almost enough enough keys to get into the finals, I'm gonna have to step up my game to keep up. The aura Blackthorn gave off was one of pure power. The Vexels could sense that Blackthorn wanted revenge for his fallen comrade and they began to regret the challenge. "I'll go first." Blackthorn said as he drew the sixth card in his deck. "I summon Axe Dragonnewt in attack mode." A dragon with an axe in it's hand appeared. It had an attack of 2000. "I set two more cards face down and end my turn." Blackthorn ended his turn. The second Vexel drew a card. "I play Dimensional Fissure, so now all cards that go to the graveyard are removed from play instead. Next I summon D.D. Warrior Lady in attack mode and set two cards face down and end my turn." He said. "Alright my go, and I summon Neo Spacian Flare Scarab in attack mode. He gains four hundred for every spell or trap that you guys have so he gains twelve hundred attack bringing him up to seventeen hundred." Jaden said as a giant green scarab appeared in front of him. "An honest to God Neo Spacian, Mike's spoken of these monsters very highly, although since you own the only copies there's some kind of distinct, almost cheating, sort of advantage." Blackthorn commented. "Thanks, I think. I end for now." Jaden said. "Alright, I summon D.D. Survivor. Now my Survivor attack the Scarab now!" The Vexel shouted as his cloaked monster lunged at Jaden's monster. "Try again, I activate Magic Cylinder so his monster stays safe, and you take eightteen hundred." Blackthorn said as one tube intercepted the monster while another one redirected the attack to the owner of the monster. "Thanks bro." Jaden said. "No problem, I'll need all the help I can get and according to Mike, if one loses both lose, in this kind of situation." Blackthorn said as he drew a card from his deck. "I play the spell card Double Summon, until the end of my move I can summon two monsters. First I summon Double Coston in attack mode, next I sacrifice my monster so I can summon the one of a kind monster, Diabolos, The Demonic King!" A giant dragon appeared next to the dragonnewt, it had an attack power of 2800. "Now my Demonic king, attack the one called D.D. Survivor!" The dragon took flight and crashed down on top of the Survivor, it exploded and got sucked into the Dimensional Fissure. This monster however returned to the field. "I saw it get removed from play, how'd it come back?" Jaden asked. "Simple, his effect, if he gets removed from play he returns to the field." The Vexel said. "Alright then, I equip my dragonnewt with Wicked Breaking Flamberge-Baou, so now it gains five hundred attack points and it negates the effects of effect monsters that it destroys. Go Dragonnewt, attack the Survivor!" Blackthorn yelled. D.D. Survivor disappeared into the fissure, and stayed removed.

"Soldier's got to be high or something." Hassleberry said as he caught up with Syrus who was staring down the three Vexels who'd chased him. "Now tell us where the Kaiba kid is." The Vexel ordered. "Only if you can beat us in a duel." Syrus said. "Fine then, but we won't be responsible for any accidents that may occur during these duels." One of them said. The six combatants redied their duel disks and began the three duels. Hassleberry started off strong with a Gilasaurus which he then sacrificed for his Dark Driceritops. Joann started with Element Valkyrie. Syrus started with Steam Gyroid. The Vexels all played their Beacon Seals at once and the dark rings all appeared around the dueling areas. It became apparent that the Vexels couldn't summon monsters on the same turn that they played the Beacon Seals.

"My move once again." Blackthorn said as he drew a card. "I play Sacrificial Sword, and equip it to Diabolos so his attack becomes thirty two hundred. Then I summon my Plague Wolf, his effect is when he attacks I can double his attack unfortunately he also gets destroyed afterward. Now all of my dark monsters attack the Vexel with no monsters!" Blackthorn said as his monsters sprang into action. They attacked for a combined total of 7700. Bringing the Vexel down to 300 points left, all Jaden will have to do is hit him once. The second Vexel passed for he had no monsters. Jaden drew a card from his deck. "I play Neo Space, then Fake Hero so I can contact fusion summon Elemental Hero Flare Neos. Now attack the Vexel with lower life points and end the game for him!" Jaden commanded. The Flare Neos went to town on the vulnerable Vexel flunkie. His life points hit zero, and his body suddenly became still, almost frozen. "Stange, he didn't disappear like Mike did." Jaden said. "It's because there's no clear victor, he'll remain like that until the duel is won. Hopefully if we win, they'll both vanish." Blackthorn said, slight bitterness in his voice. "Regardless it's my turn, and I special summon Cyber Dragon, next I sacrifice it so I can summon my Raiza The Storm Monarch. His effect is when he's tribute summoned I can return one card on the field to the owners deck, and I choose Diabolos." The Vexel said as Blackthorn's dragon returned to his deck. "No, Diabolos. Regardless he's still gonna be drawn next turn and until I can summon him again, I will attack you with my Dragonnewt." Blackthorn vowed. He drew Diabolos from his deck again, it was clear that having a monster with 2500 attack points will be able to take a monarch. The Vexel stared at the Dragonnewt like he wanted it to attack. He must've forgotten that it'll be removed from play, guess I better remind him. "Go Dragonnewt, attack the Monarch!" Blackthorn commanded. His Dragonnewt destroyed the Monarch, which was then sucked into the Fissure. "Well since your friend can't take his turn, I guess it's Jaden's turn, remember you have sixty-three hundred points left and Jaden's Neos has thirty-seven hundred. All he has to do is set some spells or traps and you instantly lose." Blackthorn sneered. "And that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I load my field with traps, and Neos can go to town on you. Let's go Neos, Flare Storm!" Jaden said as the Flare Neos shot a fire ball at the Vexel. His life points hit zero and the two villains disappeared in a flash of black light. The two Beacon Seals they had remained. Blackthorn pulled out a lighter and burned the cards. "There's two we don't need to worry ab..." Blacthorn trailed off as his cell phone went off. "Hello...Excellent....I'll be there in about five minutes." Blacthorn hung up and began walking away. "What's up?" Jaden asked. "We found him." Blackthorn said as he turned back to face Jaden. "Sweet, then let's find the others and get to the Vexel HQ." Jaden said. "We can't we have a limited window of opportunity to get there, send them a message with your PDA that we're going. If I'm right then they've just won their duels and bought us more time." Blackthorn pointed at the sky above the docks. Black circles were starting to shrink above that location.

At the Vexel HQ the whole gang met up, all of the kids had at least three keys. "This is it, we're gonna find and liberate the people captured by this organization, also according to Yugi we'll find Prince Ojin's deck." Blackthorn said as he kicked the door down and set off the alarm. "Good going!" Hassleberry said as the group began to run. "Split up, you guys go to that door down there. We'll go in this one over here. Always have your duel disks ready. Search for Mike in any room you come across." Blackthorn said as he began to run to the door off to the right of the door he just kicked in. The half of the group that had gone with him made it in safely. "What was the point of kicking in that door?" Blair asked. "To set off the alarm and to draw security to that spot." Blackthorn said. "What do you need us for right now?" Jaden asked. "Well, I'm going to go ahead and scout the surroundings, I'll need you guys to go into that vent and find the main power supply. Be quiet as you go through there though, when you find it send me a text message and tell me where it is. It's in one of these rooms." Blackthorn said before he took off down the hall. "Ok better get these vents open." Hassleberry said as he pulled the grating off of a vent. "Ok, let's go find this power source and find our friend." Jaden said as he started into the vent. When the rest of the group thought it was safe they followed. Blackthorn rounded a couple of corners and stopped he took off his overcoat, unzipped his over shirt and took the bottom half of the legs off of his shorts. He removed his sun glasses and messed up his hair, Mike Kaiba was 'back'. "Ok now to bring down the Vexels, activate holograms." Mike said into four rings. Blackthorn, Surge, Gale, and Tidal all appeared before him. "Ok, comb the area and try to find this room." Mike showed the holograms a picture of the room where the holographic Mike was kept. The holograms saluted and scattered. "Blackthorn, come with me." Mike said to the holographic image of his gothic alter ego. Mike spoke into the ring that contained Blackthorn's data, then he sent him on his mission.

"I guess this could be worse." Jaden said as the group crawled through the vents. "How?" Blair asked. "Well, we could be caught." Jaden replied. "True." Blair responded. "Ok this fuse box should be located around here." Syrus checked a diagram of the building that Blackthorn had given him. "Alright then...here it is." Jaden said as he found a black box on one of the walls. Jaden opened the box and looked at the different wires and breakers inside of it. "Ok, what did Blackthorn say we had to do from here?" Jaden asked. "Flip the topmost left switch to the left, pull out the red, blue, and green wires, the flip all switches on the left to the right." Syrus explained as Jaden threw the switches. Immediately alarms went off. "What happened? I followed all of the instructions!" Jaden said as the group began to quickly crawl back to the entrance. "Says here if the alarms go off run away, they'll be at that point in ten minutes. Trying to sort out the problem I'd expect." Syrus said. "Good thing I kept these wires then huh?" Jaden smirked as he held up the wires he'd stolen from the fusebox. As the group crawled out of the vents the lights went out. They were then surrounded by the Vexel task force, a group of insanely strong men who had katanas hanging from belts worn across their backs. The task force threw the group of teenagers into pods located in the heart of the building. Fortunately the whole system was shut down due to Jaden's sabotage. "What're you going to do to us?" Alexis bravely asked the leader of the Vexels. "Well, I wanted to finish what I started with you, but because of the power being down I can't do anything. We'll just have to wait for Mike to return." The leader said with a hint of bitterness in his voice. "What do you mean?" Syrus asked.

To be continued...

I've had a lot of things to do, so this better be good. Don't know when I'll be able to start on the next chapter.