Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ The Second Battle City ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Still don't own YGO GX, or anything mentioned in this fic, except my OCs. I'm feeling lazy today.

Syrus, Joann, Alexis, and Jaden got into the gear and harnesses for their game. They had all seen what can happen in the fields so they all agreed to stay on just one field to minimize unwanted surprizes. "Ok, Tag Team battle is online, let's go." Noah said as he pushed a few buttons on the board in front of him to start the software. The display monitor displayed the field spell Skyscraper. The monsters Cyber Angel Idaten, E-Hero Air Neos, Element Valkerie, and the giant Super Vehicroid Stealth Union were in two pairs each on the opposite sides of the city. "This'll be good." Hassleberry said. "Sure will be, just like those Godzilla movies, the giant creature is the one that destroys the whole city then the very next time we see it it's all fixed." Mike added. "Why'd you say that?" Blair asked. She immediately got her answer as Syrus knocked over a building which repaired itself instantly. At the feet of the giant robot people were running about insanely.

"Good choice for a monster!" Joann yelled up to Syrus from a building. "Thanks, but I wonder what Jaden and Alexis chose, Jaden probably chose one of his Neo Spacian and Neos Fusions. Alexis probably chose a Cyber Angel." Syrus looked over to the building. "Well, here they come now." Joann said as she prepared her magic staff. Jaden appeared as a bright red bird human, he'd chosen Elemental Hero Air Neos, Alexis was right alongside of him as the Cyber Angel Idaten. The fight was on, Syrus tried the classic approach to defeating tiny enemies, he tried to crush them beneath his feet. "That's not ganna work. Their too fast, you'll have to use weaponry." Joann said as she and Alexis began to fight using their staffs as swords. Joann decided that the fight was becoming boring so she shot a fire spell that Alexis dodged, but it hit Jaden square on the back between the wings, temporarily clipping them. He cried out mostly from shock partly from the burn. "That actually hurt, I thought Mike was kidding when he said the pain was kinda real." Jaden said as he tried to fly. To his dismay, he couldn't gain precious altitude and lost some speed. He waited a few minutes and tried again, this time his wings had healed and he soared up to Syrus' head to begin pounding on it. "That tickles stop it!" Syrus giggled as he swung around his head trying to crush Jaden with his palm. "That's it, Jaden try to make Syrus drain his own health!" Alexis yelled up as she used her trap card Magic Cylinder to reflect one of Joann's ice spells. Jaden began to fly around Syrus trying to wear him down to just the right point. He landed on top of Syrus' head and looked down into Syrus' eye panels. Syrus swatted at the bird man who dodged and made Syrus hit himself on the head causing a slight health drop. "Cool, all I need to do is keep that up and Sy's down in no time." Jaden tried again, but Syrus remembered the last time he tried that so he fired heat seeking missles at the tiny red dot. They blazed after Jaden who began to fly away as quickly as he could. He dove into a river by the E-Hero skyscraper and threw two of the five that were chasing him. As the other three homed in Jaden bolted again and flew straight at Syrus. Syrus was the biggest heat source as he'd done some work destroying stuff in an attempt to aid Joann. Jaden landed on Syrus' stomach and watched the missles change course. "Um....Um...What to do. What to do. Oh right, I activate Full Salvo!" Syrus said in a mechanical voice as missles with faces on them launched from his hands and intercepted the oncoming heat seekers.

"Oh...forgot about that. Looks like I should try that again, but what if he has more Full Salvos, I'm done for." Jaden said as he tried again to take down the giant Vehicroid. Back with the fight between Joann and Alexis, Alexis had a slight advantage with three staffs to one. Joann had exhausted the magic she could use for a while so it was down to hand to hand combat. Alexis took a shot to the back, but she quickly retaliated when she knocked Joann twenty feet into a building. "That's the end of her." Alexis said when she saw that Joann didn't come out of the building. Jaden wasn't as lucky however, he wore himself out and got crushed under Syrus' foot. It was down to the giant robot and the Cyber Angel. Alexis decided that she should try to immobilize the robot so she used her Gulliver Chain trap. It worked for all of ten seconds as Syrus lifted his foot and broke the chains. "Ummm...that did nothing...but there is one thing I remember from watching those kids play Transformers Attactix (A/N: Don't own that either!) giant robots have one weak point, their knee caps." Alexis said to herself as she skillfully threw her staff into Syrus' knee. The staff exploded causing Syrus to fall forward. Landing on the ground he passed out and the game ended. "How anti-climatic!" Mike yelled as he fell over backwards when he saw Syrus lose in such a pitiful way.

"That's my girl!" Jaden said as he and Alexis rejoined the group in front of the monitor. Blair, Kinasha, and Sherri did a three way battle with Blair being the winner using her Mystic Dragon, surprisingly Mystic Dragon can change color. A skill which is what brought Blair victory. "Well guys, how was it?" Noah asked. "Awesome, it's ready for release now!" The group agreed. "Now we have a full day left at Kaibaland, I think we should do some coaster riding." Mike suggested as the group left the dome. "Sounds good to me!" Jaden said as they found the first ride. The rest of the day went smoothly, the only people who really interrupted were the people who didn't know the way around and just happened to find the Kaiba boy to ask questions to. When the group returned they found a note on the door. "What's that say?" Syrus asked as Mike took the note, off of the door. "There's two here one's from some lady asking for my father. Not gonna read it. The other one says; Kaiba, you can't deny this any longer, send your son and his guests to my house when you find this. It's vital to the mission. Yugi." Mike said. "So what's the first one say?" Blair asked. "Did you not just hear me? The first one said Yugi, cue squeeling fangirls." Mike whispered the last part, which was drowned out by the female portion of the group squeeling. "I'm gonna call Dad on this one." Mike took out his cell phone and hit the number 2. "Yeah, Dad, it's me. Yugi left a note on the door telling me and my friends to swing by his house, it's like four in the afternoon should I go? Ok thanks." Mike hung up the phone. "Looks like we're off to Yugi's" He said as he put the other note in his pocket.

En route to Yugi's house Ben decided to ask about the mysterious other note. "So what's with the note you stuck in your pocket before we started off on this?" He asked. "Well Dad said if I find anything that was written by some other woman apart from my mom I was to throw it out. Let's see what it is...Oh my...why's she look so familiar?!" Mike yelled. As he opened the note a photo of an attractive woman in some sexy lingerie fell out. "That's Ms. Fontaine!" Alexis yelled as she grabbed the photo from Mike's hands. "Oh lordy!" Syrus gagged. "Yep that's gonna get thrown out." Mike said as he quickly disposed of the photo and the note which he glanced at before getting rid of it. "Strange..." Jaden said as they continued down the street. All of a sudden everything went dark, the entire group was knocked out. They woke up to find themselves staring at five men in long black cloaks. Leading this group was Harrison. "Ben, looks bad, you got some ninja technique for getting us out of this?" Mike whispered. "I'm working on it, this seems to be a very complicated genjustsu, or this is some whack job actually trying to do some harm." Ben replied. "I told you Mike, I don't make idle threats and now thanks to my new status, I'm gonna destroy everything you held dear. Don't worry it's only a simple hypnotic mind wipe, it won't hurt at all. Boys, start with the little girl." Harrison pointed at Blair. Two guys grabbed her and took her into another room. She returned in a matter of moments perfectly fine. This is when Ben got them out of it. He threw a smoke bomb and guided the group to the door of the warehouse they were in. They returned to the spot they were at when they got captured. "Blair you ok?" Mike asked as he shook who he thought was his girlfriend. "Mike, quit shaking me I'm fine." Blair pushed Mike away as she began to massage her temples. "What's wrong, don't you remember anything?" Mike asked. "Nothing related to you, apart from moving into your room." Blair said. "She's lost all memory of you Mike, looks like you have even less reality then you thought you had." Ben said. "And I had none to begin with." Mike said with a sigh. "We'll find a way to bring back her memory, for now let's get to Yugi's." Jaden said as the group continued along the street. Mike stepped up to the door of Yugi's house and knocked on the door. There was a loud bang and a some yelling, but other then that it was fairly normal as Yugi opened the door.

"Mike, I've been expecting you, I wondered whether or not your father would let you stop by." He said with a smile. He stood aside and let the group in. They entered a small living room which was full of people already. One of the women in the group jumped off of a chair and wrapped Mike in a warm hug. "I've missed you sooo much, why didn't you call?" The woman said. "There's no service on the island, Serenity, you'd know that if you'd came with us." Mike said calmly as Serenity Wheeler finally let him go. "Well the boat came early and apparently departed early too, I wasn't there early enough." Serenity said back. "Why's this clearly older woman being so friendly to you?" Jaden asked. "Hell Yeah!" Ben said instantly. Mike looked back to Serenity then to the group, then got that look on his face where you remember something important. That looked changed to the 'I'm busted' look as he glanced back at the group again. "Well other then to question Mike's love life, why we here Yug?" Serenity's older brother Joey asked in his trademark Brooklyn accent. "I'm holding a tournament in Domino similar to what Mike's father had done ten years ago. I wanted Mike and his guests to attend." Yugi replied. The whole group missed that part of the conversation as they were staring disbelievingly (except Ben who had anticipated this when Jaden had mentioned Serenity being 'friendly' toward Mike) at Mike. "And what's this mission?" Mike asked, ignoring his friends who still hadn't taken their eyes off of him. "Well, about a month ago a ship traveling to Misgarth was carrying a special deck, this deck was designed specifically for the prince. The ship was intercepted by a group known as Vexel Primus. They stole the deck, and several other forbidden cards, I'm trying to get them back as quickly as I can. If we can't retrieve this deck the prince will declare war. Plain and simple." Yugi finished. "Kind of a dumb reason to declare war." Mike said as he scratched the back of his head. "I agree but we have to get the forbidden cards back even more then this deck, they contain limitless power, I fear it's similar to the Seal of Oricalcos. A card which would steal the souls of whoever lost the duel." Yugi replied. "I'll take it from here Yugi." Mai Valentine said as she stepped forward. "Back before your rise in stature in the dueling world a man by the name Dartz began to unleash a horrible evil onto the world using this seal, he tried using the harvested souls to summon a leviathan to destroy the world so he could start it over again." Mai said. "I see. On a lighter note, how've you been it's been a while since you visited last." Mike asked nonchalently. "I'm fine, there's still some people who don't get it, and others who still bug me, but apart from that it's been wonderful. Now back to business, there's been some spikes in activity of this organization in this city, we need to draw them out now, and strike quickly." Mai finished. "We'll do it." Mike said solemly. "Now, we're also trying to get the rest of the Six War Masters organization to help us." Yugi said. "Who're they?" Jaden asked. "And why did you say the rest?" Alexis asked afterward. "Well obviously there are six of them one for each monster attribute. They contain a one of a kind card for each attribute. The duelists themselves are: Frank Richtor, Joseph Gale, Benjamin Tidal, Arthur Surge, Shade Blackthorn, and leading them is Mike Kaiba." Yugi finished. "What're these super powerful cards?" Ben asked slowly. "Well for Water there's Ocean Dragon Lord-Neo Daedalus, Wind is Simorgh-Bird of Divinity, Dark is Diabolos, the Demonic King, Light is Fairy Brave Neo Perseus, Earth is Exxod-Master of the Guard, and Fire is Infernal Flame Emperor." Yugi explained. "Wait, Mike has two of those cards!" Syrus looked up at Mike. "What do you mean?" Yugi said. "I"m also Frank Richtor." Mike said simply as he removed both of his powerful cards from his deck vest and showed them to Yugi. "Interesting, I have to contact the other War Masters, and let them know this." Yugi began. "No, if they know then we're all screwed, it'll cause war amongst us. I'll tell them in due time." Mike said.

Later on, Yugi and the others stepped out to show the area of the tournament to the younger participants. Serenity and Mike hung back so they could catch up. "How's that guy Tristan been? I heard he took the news of our relationship pretty hard." Mike said. "He's left the country, he sent himself into exile. So, how've you been doing in school?" Serenity asked. "Oh, fine. I'm still a Slifer, and a disappointment to my teachers." I also realized I'm a werewolf, but that's not something I'm gonna tell people. "Why've you been a disappointment?" Serenity asked, becomeing very concerned. "Well...They expect alot more out of me then they do the other students because I'm a Kaiba." Mike sighed. "What's in a name that make's people act different?" Serenity asked. "One word, legacy, my dad was one of the best in the world. I have to live up to that. Why do you think I haven't told anyone about the Six Warmasters being one person." Mike confessed. "You mean..." Serenity asked. "Yep I'm the best at every specific attribute of monster. Of course I can be beaten." Mike said solemly. "Why didn't you tell Yugi?" Serenity asked worriedly. "Because, I'm not in this tournament for some prize I'm here to prove that I'm every bit as good as my father, and to stop Vexel Primus. I have a theory about their leader that I need to prove so entering under four other aliases is gonna help me tremendously." Mike stood up. "What if something happens, I won't be able to bear losing you again." Serenity walked over to Mike. "Nothing will happen, I promise you." Mike said as he gave Serenity a small peck on the lips. "Then I guess you should prepare." Serenity gave Mike his vest. "It's time to step out of my father's shadow." Mike said. The group returned, and the announcement was made that the tournament would begin tomorrow. Mike and his friends returned to the Kaiba estate and rested for the next day.

Mike was up first as usual, he watched as his mind wiped former girlfriend slept. Strange, she chose to stay in my room. Mike thought. "Better get breakfast ready." Mike looked over at the clock on his bedside table. It read 8:02 and all of them were set for 8:30, so he had to get the food ready for the 11 people early. Mike finished just as the alarm clocks went off. "Eat up guys, this tournament is gonna push us to the edge." Mike said cheerfully. "Thanks, I need all the extra energy I can get!" Jaden said as he began eating as much as he could fit into his mouth while still being able to talk. "So Mike, your one third of the Six War Masters, anything we may want to know about the others?" Alexis asked as she sipped some orange juice. "Yeah, if they tell you a duel is out of your league then listen to them." Mike said smartly. "What do you mean, son?" Hassleberry asked. "If I go down and Gale trys to come to my rescue, do what he says." Mike replied. "Do you mean Gale specifically..." Blair began. "No, if Tidal, Blackthorn, Surge, anyone tells you to stay back do it." Mike was now becoming commanding in his tone. "Ok, no need to go commando on us." Joann said as she finished her food. The group entered the town square, finding that many many duelists from around the world were gathering there and looking up at the LCD screens around the square. Yugi's face appeared allaround the square on the LCD screens. "Attention duelists, as of right now the second Battle City has begun. Enclosed in your invitation was a key, you'll need seven to enter the finals. I wish you luck." Yugi's face disappeared. Immediately everyone scattered. Mike followed a shady looking character onto the roof of a building. "I know you're there Kaiba, you'll never trick me." The shady character turned around. His cloak blew behind him to reveal a pitch black duel disk. Mike readied his own and the duel began.

"This is wild, they closed a whole portion of the city just to hold a tournament." Jaden was talking to Alexis on the pier. The ocean was sparkling beautifully. "I know, there's some pretty crazy stuff there." Alexis said as she inched a little closer to Jaden. The duel spirit of Winged Kuriboh appeared on Jaden's shoulder. "Woooo!" It cooed. "Mike's in trouble? Where?" Jaden asked as the spirit floated toward the same building Mike was at. "What's wrong?" Alexis called after Jaden. "Mike's in trouble we gotta get to the observatory!" Jaden called back as Alexis began to follow him. Back at the duel between Mike and the shady guy. "You still haven't figured it out, I don't want your key because I'm after your legendary monster!" The guy yelled as a black version of the Seal of Oricalcos appeared overhead. Mike's life points were at 2500 and the guy's were at the half-way point of 4000. "I won't let you take Infernal!" Mike yelled as he drew a card. "It doesn't matter what you play, as long as the Beacon Seal remains removed from play it's effect will let me take control of your monsters!" The guy laughed hysterically. "You're a Vexel." Mike drew back when he made this discovery. "Took you long enough. Oh and just so you know before we take you and your monster to be drained of your life energy, I'll tell you this, only dark monsters are unaffected by this seal." The guy laughed again. Meanwhile in other parts of the city all of the 11 people who had come to Domino City with Mike noticed the dark seal hanging above the building and decided to check it out. They met Jaden and Alexis at the front door. "Mike's in trouble, we gotta get up there!" Jaden exclaimed as he forced the elevator door open. "What're we gonna do up there?" Syrus asked as the elevator rose. "I don't know." Jaden said as the door slid open. The burst through the door to the roof in time to see Mike sink to his knees in defeat. "He lost." Jaden said as he ran over to Mike's slowly disappearing body. In a flash of dark light he was gone. In the spot where he disappeared a giant letter V was burned into the roof. "Vexels...I'll make you pay for what you've done!!" Jaden shouted into the air.

"If you want vengence you'll have to go through me." A different Vexel was standing behind the group. "Bring Mike back now!" Jaden yelled. "I can't do that but I will give you information on where you can find him if you beat me." The man said calmly. "You're on." Jaden said as he raised his duel disk. "No you're off." A guy with a Russian accent said as he too appeared from behind the group. He was dressed in all black and he wore dark sun glasses, his hair was spiked in a way that made it look like black fire. "Shade Blackthorn, I've been wanting to duel you the most, I've heard you're a much more powerful duelist then that Mike kid." The man said. "You're wrong, he's far more powerful then I am, the other War Masters and I made him our leader for that reason. The only way he could lose to the likes of you is if you were cheating." Blackthorn said nonchalantly. "Well, if you want to get any vengence you'll have to take on commader Mars." The man said as he began to walk away. "Get back here you slime, I want answers now!" Jaden began to chase after the man, Blackthorn held his arm up to stop Jaden. "I'll save Kaiba, I owe him anyway, you just worry about getting the seven keys." Blackthorn said. "No, I'm not taking orders from some guy, I'm gonna get my friend back." Jaden pushed Blackthorn aside and chased after the Vexel. "Jaden you're making a terrible mistake!" Blackthorn called after him. It instantly stopped Jaden in his tracks. "How'd you know my name?" Jaden said. "Cause Kaiba spoke very highly of you, and he told me to protect you guys, all of you, from the Vexels if he were to go down. He was my friend too" Blackthorn said as he hung his head in sadness. "He was the best, now Gale and the other War Masters are gonna kill me for not having his back." Blackthorn said as he sunk to his knees in realization of his failure. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. Why don't we just work together to bring them down." Jaden turned back. "That's comforting, but it's not enough. I'm already trying to find the HQ where Mike most probably is. I'll go there, until then take these cards all of you, their specifically designed to combat the cursed seals. They'll save you on more then one occasion, and if you beat a Vexel make sure you destroy their cursed seal and take their keys." Blackthorn straightened up and walked down the stairs calmly. "He's one caring guy." Syrus said as he looked at the card that Blackthorn had given to the group.

"He's a fake!" The leader of the Domino branch of Vexel Primius lashed out when Mike's body which was floating in a tube before him had vanished. "It was a hologram, he was analyzing our strategy." The guy who had beaten him said. "You shouldn't have offered not to duel for his key." The leader said. "I'm sorry sir, I didn't want to leave the tournament because I was beaten by a kid." The man bowed at the leaders feet. "You're pitiful." The leader said as he had two big guys seize the Vexel failure. They stole his key and threw him into a room similar to the one they used on Blair. The sound of tortured screaming was the last thing heard.

A/N: Jaden went OOC there for a little while, mostly for tension. Things'll heat up next chapter when "Mike" is finally tracked down.