Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ Spring Break: Day 1-Part 2: The New Attraction ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Don't own YGO GX, nintendo Wii games, OC's of MLo or Kinasha Kaiba, songs (if any), or Dungeon Dice Monsters.

"Finally, we're at Kaibaland!" Joann squeeled as they approached the front gate. Mike showed the guy at the gate the passes, he immediately called over two guards to escort them to the site of the new attraction. It was under a big, black, glass dome. The inside of this building was technologic, it had wires and panels all over the place. "Hey, kids over here." A man with light blue hair called over to the group. "Uncle Noah, long time." Mike said back. "They found a suitable host body I see." Mike continued. "Yeah well, it's a wonder what technology can do..." Noah began. "When you're a genious." Mike finished. "Did you say host body?" Sherri asked. "Yep, he was in an accident, and grandpa decided to..." Mike began to explain. "Never bring up Dad again please." Noah said. It obviously offended Noah to have Mike discussing what Gozaboro Kaiba had to do, and the evil he tried to unleash upon the earth with the help of the "Big 5". "Sorry, forgot." Mike replied. "So now on to the attraction, you guys will be the first to expierience what monsters do in battle." Noah said as he pushed a couple of buttons on a panel in front of him. Lights came on around an arena and an LCD screen appeared behind the group. "May I present the Battletech version 1.1!" Noah exclaimed. "Ok...now how do we do battle?" Hassleberry asked. "That brings me to the next part, please choose one monster and about ten spell or trap cards please." Noah said as the group began rifling through their decks. "Does power count?" Jaden asked as most of his monsters were fairly weak. "No, just choose any random monster. And don't tell the others what you're using." Noah added. "I've got mine." Mike said. "Me too." Hassleberry stated. "Then you two will be the first to try these." Noah said as he pressed a few more buttons. Two virtual reality suits along with harnesses lowered from the ceiling. They gleamed brightly which meant that they were new. "Ok, now one of you place a field spell in that slot." Noah pointed at a small red slot on the wall next to the screen. Hassleberry placed the field spell Jurassic World into the slot which once activated began to glow green. Immediately the silver field changed it began to change shape as iron pillars appeared and took the basic shape of a jurassic era trees and mountains. "This is precisely why the dome is so high and the purpose for the harnesses. Next place your monster in the correct side of the screen that your friends can watch the battle through, Mike your red and Hassleberry your blue." Noah explained as Mike and Hassleberry put the helmets, gloves, boots, belts, and harnesses on. "Now once this starts you will think this is real, the only pain you will feel is when you hit the ground, but that's not that bad, also when you take damage a health bar will appear and raise or lower depending on what is happening. Apart from that, the ground responds to what's going on in the battle, if you run the ground moves so you can run around in there forever. Depending on how you get hit the ground will respond, if you get hit from the back the ground will abruptly stop so you will fall forward. If you jump onto some of the terrain, you will jump there in the game, which is why we have harnesses. Good luck to you all, oh and this'll kind of be a tournament." Noah said as he started the program.

Mike opened his eyes and looked around, he was actually in a jurassic forest! He wondered what kind of strange parts field spells played in this game if all monsters had the potential to win. "Good thing I've got some good spells." Mike said to himself as he tested his arms and legs, he then pulled a blade staff from a sheath on his back. He'd chosen The Six Samurai-Zanji. "Wonder what Hassleberry chose." Mike again said to himself as he tested the harness by jumping into a nearby tree. "Cool." He said. He looked acroos the beautiful landscape. He saw some brachiosaurs feeding along a tree line off to the right. He was immediately ambushed by a velociraptor. He slashed the beast with his staff and watched it explode. "Hassleberry didn't choose that if it exploded instantly, maybe field spells provide support for the monster that has the advatage." Mike said as more velociraptors appeared on the scene. He was interested at the life value they had because only one hit killed them. As more dionsaurs appeared he tested all of his abilities and figured out that the bigger the monster the more hits it took to bring them down. Hassleberry decided his opponent was weak enough so he attacked. Mike turned to face what he thought was just another gilasaurus. He tripped it which he assumed would be the one shot kill. When it stood up he realized that was Hassleberry. "Well, what have we here? Sarge had to choose a common creature to confuse me eh?" Mike said as he dodged a strike from the Gilasaurus' jaws and lept into a nearby tree. "Well I kind of guessed..." He began. "Explain no more, I'll destroy you just as quickly as that meteor's gonna destroy us all. Wait, meteor?!" Mike turned his head again to see a giant meteor headed right for him. "Yeah that's Meteor of Destruction, it'll drain at least half of your life making you much easier to pick off." Hassleberry said as he ran back into the woods. "Ok then, I'll activate my Magic Jammer and get rid of...wait how'd Irou get into my magic card slot?" Mike asked himself as he activated his trap to block the meteor. "Now, let's see, I've got Terraforming, that'll put a jewel above the volcano, which I'll have to toss into said volcano, but Hassleberry's much quicker then me, he'll get there first and destroy it. Unless..." Mike was talking to himself again. "Get on with it!" Mike heard his friends yell at the screen.

"Fine! I activate my spell card!" Mike held a spell card in the air. An armored black horse appeared in front of him. "Now to get to that volcano." Mike said as he started the horse on a direct path to the volcano. "This must look so weird." He said as he started into the lush forest. "You still have to beat me and as long as I have cover you'll never see me coming!" Hassleberry yelled a challenge. Almost simultaniously a weird screech came from the heart of the forest and before Mike could draw his weapon five raptors lunged from nowhere. Mike jumped from the horse and into the tree in time to see the gruesome feast. He turned around and found himself staring down a T-Rex. "Oh no." Mike began to run away as quickly as he could, his samurai speed made it slightly easier, but he needed to find something quicker. A raptor pulled up alongside of him and he jumped on it's back. The raptor grew furious at the intrusion of it's hunt so it tried to throw him. Mike had a very difficult time hanging onto the biped as it lashed around. Eventually however he got it to do what he wanted and he taught it some quick commands. He made it time to find Hassleberry waiting at the volcano. "Took you long enough, now let's end this!" Hassleberry yelled as he lunged for Mike who dodged and commanded his raptor ally to attack. The raptor complied and began to slash at Hassleberry with it's claw. It clipped Hassleberry, but got destroyed by a nip on the tail. Mike chose that moment to activate his Shadow Spell trap card which restrained Hassleberry long enough for Mike to activate Terraforming. A small black orb appeared over the volcano, it was now a standoff between Mike and Hassleberry. Both combatants leaped for the orb. Hassleberry actvated Volcanic Eruption when Mike nearly reached it as the lava began to spray toward the samurai, but Mike out of cunning activated his own trap, Return of The Six Samurai. Irou was swapped with Zanji and got destroyed in his place. Mike grabbed the orb and threw it into the volcano's mouth. The field immediately changed to Shien's Castle of Mist. "Now we fight on my field." Mike said as mist enveloped the two.

"My scanner will let me track Hassleberry through the mist." Mike said as the scanner appeared and made Mike's vision switch to an infared scanner allowing Mike to see heat patterns. "Knowing lizards they are cold blooded which means Hassleberry should be slowing down." Mike said as he scanned the area. "Zanji watch your back!" Someone called from behind Mike as Hassleberry jumped into the air. The Grandmaster of The Six Samurai appeared and pushed Mike out of the way in time to avoid the attack. "You must always be on guard, draw your weapon foolish boy!" The Grandmaster commanded. "Now you listen here, this is my blood feud, I'll fight it on my terms." Mike said out of fighting instinct. "What did you say boy?" The Grandmaster held his blade to Mike's throat. "Nothing, sir." Mike saluted. "That's more like it, now fight, but be on guard." The Grandmaster growled as he vanished into the mist. "Ok..." Mike scanned the area. He found Hassleberry and threw his blade at him. It hit the monster and knocked it to the ground. More samurais and a monkey appeared to inspect the body. Instantly the monkey vanished and the others fled. They joined Mike's side as they began to charge the beast. "Stop!" A voice called from the castle. "But Shien..." Yariza began in a technological voice. "This is Zanji's blood feud, let him fight it!" The Shogun Shien commanded. "Yes, master." The samurais bowed and disappeared. "That was odd." Mike said as he attacked Hassleberry. Hassleberry, swung around and hit Mike like a baseball. He flew into the castle and landed in the women's training area. "Hello ladies." Mike said. He almost instantly heard Blair yelling. "You say another word and you'll wish you really lived there!" Blair yelled. "Ok, back to the battle." Mike said as he stepped out of the gapping hole. "Sorry about that!" He said as he lept after the dinosaur. He targeted the weak point of the dinosaur and threw his weapon. Hassleberry's monster exploded and the view went black. "That was AWESOME!!!" Mike yelled.

"Ok, who's next?" Noah said as Monica and Ben stepped forward. Mike and Hassleberry shook hands and removed their cards from the slots. "Now don't think I'll go easy on you because you're a girl." Ben said as he chose his cards and inserted them into the proper slots. "Don't go easy on me because I'm a girl, fight fiercely because I'm a woman." Monica said as she put the gear on. "So it begins." Mike said. The screen lit up to display the Frost Castle field spell. The two combatants appeared next. "The display is so life-like." Mike commented as he'd only seen the world through his own eyes. Ben was the first to snap into reality. He looked at his hands, they were covered with black cloth, he had become the Strike Ninja. The screen split as Monica appeared as Mobius the Frost Monarch. "Interesting match-up, and with the ice castle she gets complete advantage when it comes to mobility." Mike stated as the word fight ran across the screen.

Ben checked the surroundings and then tried to walk. He immediately slid on the ice. "She has the advantage here, better equip some of my spells." Ban said as a leg pouch appeared on his thigh. It was filled with Fuhma Shurikens, the choice weapon of Strike Ninja. "Now let's get some more warriors out here." Ben activates the trap Ninja Art of Cloning, and four more ninjas appeared by his side. "White, Black, Crimson, and Lady Ninja Yae." Ben counted them off. "Let's move!" Ben commanded as the five ninjas lept into the air and disappeared from sight. "Ok where would I go if I was Ben?" Monica looked around the area with a weary eye, she knew Ben would choose a ninja monster so she had to be on her toes constantly. A kunai flew from the side of the castle and barely missed her cloak. She didn't expect the kunai to explode however and she lost some health. "Ok, Ben show yourself!" She barked from beneath the helmet Mobius wore. "Why should I? As long as I remain hidden your attacks won't hit me." Ben said from the highest point on the castle. "Fine then, if you wanna play that way I will too." Monicas activates the spell Frost Snap and four snow tokens appear on her side of the field. At the same moment the castle begins to expand and it froze over Ben's feet. He immediately begins striking the ice with a kunai to prevent his feet from freezing. As the ice shattered it snapped loudly and gave away his position. He tried to jump from the tower but finds his feet are still stuck. "No!" He yelled as he struck the ice again with the kunai. Monica on the other hand took the opportunity and began to attack her foe. She melted into the castle and rapidly traveled up to the tower. She caught Ben off gaurd and shot him with ice shards before he activated Ninja Art of Decoy, and swapped his body with a stump. "I sustained soem damage, but that'll be alright all I have to do is destroy this castle. And to do that I'll have to sacrifice my Black Ninja. Oh well...it must be done, Yae, White, Crimson, you stay here, Black come with me." Ben said as he and the Black Ninja disappeared. "Now where'd you go, I can't beat you if you don't appear." Monica said as she checked the surrounding area. She didn't want to fall into a trap, so she stuck close to the castle and had her hand poised to fire shards if needed. Ben made his move, he and the Black Ninja snuck up close behind her. Ben tapped her on the shoulder and disappeared, she turned and fired upon the confused Black Ninja who vanished on contact. "Now I can activate my ninja's effect, if he's destoyed I can destroy one spell. I choose the castle!" Ben said as the castle exploded. "Now for my turf, and I choose the field Sonin Training Grounds!" Ben's field activated and instantly they were in a massive forest. "Now fellow ninja's attack the frost creature!" Ben commanded the ninjas who leped out of random pieces of equipment and trees. The attack did minor damage but it set the stage for one final showdown.

"Now let's end this!" Ben said as he charged forward. Monica shot some shards of ice as Ben threw some kunais all of the weapons hit each other in mid-flight, canceling out the attack. "I'll use my next spell then, Cryogenic Beam. It'll instantly freeze you then I'll move in for the kill." Monica was certain she would win at this point, her beam shot toward the ninja. "You forget I have traps, and one of them's gonna save me Trap Jammer." A seal absorbed the beam and fizzled away. "Now I activate my next trap, Ninja Art of Summoning. I'll be aided by a winged beast." Ben performed some hand seals and in a cloud of smoke summoned Roc from the Valley of Haze. He swooped down and picked Monica up by her shoulders. The snakes that made up it's tail began to lash at the Monarch who tied their heads together to prevent any major injury. Ben flew Roc higher into the sky then canceled the summoning and began to fall alongside of Monica, he wanted the landing to be a finishing blow so he threw the Fuhma Shurikens into the armor of the Monarch. Shattering it to pieces. Ben used anothe Ninja Art of Summoning and summoned a second Roc to catch him before hitting. Monica wasn't as lucky for she hit the ground hard and instantly lost. "Good game." She said when she removed the helmet. "Next up we'll use a tag system so will four people please step forward." Noah said. Jaden, Syrus, Joann, and Alexis all stepped forward.

A/N: Ben your now Strike Ninja. I made up a couple of the cards used. Ex: Ninja Art of Summoning.