Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ Spring Break: Day 1-part 1 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don't own YGO GX or any songs, nintendo wii games, or OCs of MLo or Kinasha Kaiba.

"What?!" Mike yelled. "He's our son, don't you think it was odd that I disappeared." Kinasha asked. "I suspected that had something to do with this." Mike said as Kinasha handed him the child. "Isn't he beautiful, he has your eyes." Kinasha said. "Some Blue-Eyes huh?" Mike noted that he had brown eyes. "Well, he's a dragon all the same, but he's got some unusual markings look at his hands and feet." Kinasha said as she carefully removed the coverings so the child wouldn't wake up. The baby dragon had werewolf hands and feet. "Interesting." Mike said. He'd always wondered what the offspring of a werewolf and a dragon would look like. "Well at least we know he's your son." Kinasha said as she laid the child down on the bed. "That doesn't mean I'm not mad at you for putting me through that torture." Mike said. "I didn't expect you to be very happy about it judging by the reaction to finding we have a child now. I don't expect you'll want to care for us, what with me being aggresive at you and such. I just wanted you to see your son." Kinasha said as she slowly slid her arms around Mike. At that instant Blair walked into the room. "Mike, where were you I was getting worried and...What's she doing here!" Blair yelled when she found Mike in the embrace of a woman other then her. "He's..." Kinasha began but Mike stopped her. "Blair, let me speak to you in private." Mike said as he and Blair left the room. "Well start talking, what's going on!" Blair said. "Ok, remember that Saturday when Kinasha..." Mike started. "Yeah. You don't mean..." Blair asked as she covered her mouth. Mike nodded. "Well what are you going to do about it?" Blair asked. "I don't know, I can't turn her away, she needs my help raising our son." Mike said, he was conflicted. He didn't want to help her because of what had happened to bring all of this on him, but somewhere in his head a voice was almost forcing him to choose to help. "Well you're going to have to choose, but remember if you choose to help she's not staying with us." Blair said. "I know that, I'm not retarded." Mike said. "Just checking." Blair said as she went back into the room. "Kinasha, we'll help you." Mike said, there was no way he was going to turn away a damsel in distress. Kinasha's eyes lit up. "Really, why? That seems to be a bit to kind of you to help after what I did." Kinasha said. "I can't just do nothing when I have a child now, it's something I'm gonna have to follow through on." Mike said. Kinasha lept from her spot and wrapped Mike in a warm hug. Blair just looked on in disbelief.

"How many times did they warn us about this at our old school?!" Ben said when Mike had told him. "Keep it down, I didn't ask for this, hell I didn't even ask her to do what she did. Remember what I told you, come mating season dragons will do anything to get what they want." Mike said. "Yeah but...oh what does it matter, it's your problem not mine, why'd you even tell me this in the first place?" Ben asked. "Your one of my best friends and if I told Monica she'd probably get all...you know the way she gets with this kind of stuff." Mike replied. At this point Harrison appeared behind Mike. "You..." Harrison accused. "As if I didn't have enough problems." Mike said as he stood to face the senior. "What do you want? I'm busy." Mike asked. "You ruined me, I was doing ten times better at everything. You're gonna pay, and I don't make idle threats." Harrison said as he walked away. "Ok that was weird." Ben said as Mike sat down. "Yeah well at this point he's just blowing smoke. Oh yeah I almost forgot, Spring Break coming up, the folks said I could have my friends over, wanna come?" Mike asked. "Sure, who else would be coming?" Ben replied. "Other then you there's; Jaden, Alexis, Blair, Kinasha, Syrus, Joann, Monica, Hassleberry, and Sherri." Mike said. "Cody and Caleb aren't going?" Ben asked. "No, they got stuff that they'll be doing over the break so it'll just be all of us at my house this next week." Mike said as others arrived. "So are we ready to go?" Alexis asked as the boat arrived. "We won't be taking the boat, Dad's sending an alternate means of transport to get us." Mike said once everyone made the move to get on the boat. "What do you mean?" Syrus asked as Mike began to walk toward the heliport. "Follow me." Mike said, waving for the others to follow. When they got to the heliport they found a huge Kaiba Corp helicopter waiting for them. "Afternoon, Mr. Kaiba." The pilot said as Mike opened the door. "Afternoon. You guys coming?" Mike called back. "This is for us!" Joann exclaimed as the rest of the group stepped forward. "Yeah, Dad said I could invite as many people as I felt like inviting, you were all at the top of my list so..." Mike trailed off as the group filed in and the doors closed.

The flight was going to take a while so they all decided that they would go all fan-person and ask Mike questions about his family. "Why do you act so down to earth, like being a Kaiba is nothing special?" Blair asked. "How did your parents meet?" Joann asked. "Why don't you want people to know who you are?" Everyone else asked in unison. "Ok first: I act normal because when I was a child I had to work hard to maintain a normal facade and it just sort of stuck. Second: Dunno and judging by the medly of noises I sometimes hear at night I don't wanna know. Third: I want to make my own identity, if people knew I'm a Kaiba they would criticize me based on my father's legacy. I don't want that. Ok no more questions." Mike said as he closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. "One more, how was it that Kaiba adopted you?" Syrus said. "I can answer that. I was the only person that didn't care if I got adopted or not. If Kaiba chose me great I'm now a Kaiba, if not, oh well there's always next family. When he was observing me through the one way window I was quiet, I'd keep to myself only defending myself when neccessary. When my parents would visit with us I'd stay toward the back and not suck up like the rest. Of course when I asked my parents why they adopted me they would both say was the best in the group. I think it was cause I wouldn't bother them with stupid little things and they didn't want a fan-person as a child." Mike finished his staement and then pulled Kinasha aside. "Where's the kid? I haven't even seen him since yesterday." Mike asked. "Last night I got a hold of my older sister and she said she'd take care of him. I understand that it's unacceptable for a human to have a child before a certain age so she said she'd take care of him and that we could visit whenever we felt like it." Kinasha whispered. She began to sob silently. "It must be hard, having to hand the child off to someone else just after it was born." Mike tried to comfort the weeping girl. He was fairly certain he'd screwed up the wording somehow. "Thanks, it's good to see you at least care about my feelings." Kinasha said as she briefly hugged Mike. She wiped her eyes and rejoined the group. "Ok, We'll be arriving any minute at the Kaiba Corp main building, we've got a decent walk before us after that so make sure you have everything yada yada." Mike said as everyone got their luggage.

The helicopter landed on a giant red X on top of a huge building that overlooked all of Domino City. "Domino City, The East Coasts response to Las Vegas!" Mike said as the group disembarked. "Yo, Mike!" A black haired man called from ahead of the group. "Uncle Mokuba, what's new?" Mike said as the two guys tapped fists. "Not much, but we've got some new additions to Kaibaland that we would like you and your friends to test say tomorrow?" Mokuba said. "How about it guys, Dad's been making a fuss about this for some time it sounds pretty cool you guys wanna go do some "work"?" Mike asked. "Cool with us!" Jaden said. "Ok guys, here are the passes, show these to the guards at the main entrance, they'll show you to the attraction." Mokuba said as he handed Mike some lamenated slips of paper that had a blaa-link chain through some holes so it could be worn around the neck. The passes bore Seto Kaiba's signature and a seal to deny forgery. "Ok tomorrow, we'll be there." Mike said as the group borded elevators to the bottom floor. "Well that's cool we get into Kaibaland, for free, and we get to test new attractions how lucky are we?" Ben said when they all met up in the front lobby. "Pretty lucky, and the break hasn't even started yet." Alexis said as they left the Kaiba Corp building en route to Mike's house. "It's not that lucky, if I wasn't a Kaiba we'd have to wait until two thousand ten for it to be up." Mike said, killing the excitement. "Why are you so negative all of a sudden?" Jaden said as he ran ahead to talk to Mike. "I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic." Mike replied. "Well we're not as lucky to be a Kaiba, could you please not kill big moods like this?" Jaden whispered as he rejoined the group behind Mike. "I shouldn't have packed so much it feels like it ways a ton." Syrus complained from the back of the group. "I'll take some of that off your shoulders." Mike said as he lifted one of Syrus' suitcases onto his shoulder. "Thanks." Syrus said as Mike led the group again. "No prob." Mike said back.

"We're here." Mike said as the group stopped before the Kaiba estate which was the biggest area of land in the whole area. The house itself was a huge mansion which gave off a cheerfully dark aura. "Look's like a storm's coming." Mike said as he looked up at the gathering clouds. "What a relief. I almost soiled myself I was so scared." Syrus said as he looked at the ground. An older woman probably in her late thirties came out of the house to see who was standing outside just staring at the house. "Hey Mom, how's the last couple of months been?" Mike said as he gave his mother a hug. "It's been about the same. And who have we here, some friends I see. How long have they known your last name?" Ishizu Kaiba whispered the last part into her son's ear. "I"ve only told them about this last week. They've liked me since before that Mom, don't worry." Mike replied. "Well what are their names?" Mike's mother asked. "You know Ben and Monica already. The rest are; Jaden Yuki, Alexis Rhodes, Syrus Truesdale, Joann Saintclaire, Kenzan Hassleberry, Sherri Winstraight, Blair Flannagan, and Kinasha Delarosa." Mike said as he pointed each person out. "Why do they all seem to have a theme about them?" Mike's mother asked. "I don't see any...oh Hassleberry's into dinosaurs and the military so...yeah. I don't see a theme with the others." Mike replied. "So I guess I should call you sargeant then Hassleberry. Oh, I know where I've heard Truesdale before, you wouldn't happen to be related to Zane Truesdale would you?" Ishizu asked. "Yes I am." Syrus replied shyly. "Yes ma'am you should call me sargeant." Hassleberry said grinning. "Hmm...I think I can do that. Well what are we standing out here for, come in everyone." Ishizu said as she stood aside and let the group into the house.

The inside of the Kaiba Residence was decorated so it looked like the castles of Old England, there were chandliers hanging from the ceiling every 10 or so feet, it actually felt like they'd stepped back in time. "Strange, I always picked Kaiba to be more of a techno person when it came to his home." Monica commented as Mike showed them through the house. "Now as for rooms, you have the choice of staying with someone in a single room or everybody gets their own. What do you guys wanna do?" Mike asked what he thought was a question with an obvious answer. He was wrong as the group opted to stay with their respective boyfriend/girlfriend. Except for Ben, Monica, and Kinasha as they had no boyfriends or girlfriends. "So it's settled except for you three we'll all be bunking with someone, now this way to the rooms." Mike led the group down a few long hallways to a sort of cultasac where the rooms were. There were 11 rooms total in that particular area, just enough for everyone to have their own. "Last chance, you guys want your own rooms?" Mike asked. Everyone shook their heads in response. "Well get some sleep, remember we have a good week and a half ahead of us." Mike said as he checked his cell phone which read 10:00 PM. The group separated as they found their rooms.

"Good morning duelists!!" Mike was the first one up as usual, and he thought it would be best to get everyone up at 7:00 AM the next day. "DUDE!!! Let us sleep we got to sleep pretty late last night." Jaden said he was still in his night shirt and boxers. "I heard. You were in the room next to me and Blair, I heard everything." Mike said with a smirk to the second person to wake up. It snapped Jaden awake instantly. "Don't bring that up, it's bad enough I'm a Slifer, I don't want my parents to find that out." Jaden whispered. "Oh come on do you think I'd do that to a friend?" Mike asked. "Well...no. Sorry I snapped at you." Jaden said. "It's ok, go back to sleep if you want I'm just gonna grab some breakfast. Want anything in particular?" Mike offered. "Cereal will do. What kind do you have?" Jaden asked as he stretched. "Dunno, you'll have to come look, cuase I'm cooking my own breakfast." Mike said. "You any good at it?" Jaden asked. "Am I still alive?" Mike asked. "That doesn't mean anything." Jaden replied. "Yes, I'm good at cooking." Mike reassured. "On second thought what're you having?" Jaden asked. "Eggs, toast, sausage, maybe some fruit." Mike said. "That's better then cereal. Can you make a couple of extra orders?" Jaden asked. "Sure thing. The others won't be up for a while will they?" Mike replied. "If you're as good as you say you are they'll be up pretty fast." Jaden said. "Then let's get started." Mike said as the two started down the hall toward the kitchen. In said kitchen Mike found a note from his mother. "What's it say?" Jaden asked. "Your father and I will be gone for the next week, we told you before you got here, but just so you don't worry. Mom." Mike said. "Sweet! Kaiba's house all to ourselves!" Jaden yelled. "SHHH! Keep it down, the walls don't absorb much sound and you don't want the women to wake up." Mike said. "Oh...sorry." Jaden said. "Don't apologize, just help me make this food." Mike said as he got out a carton of eggs, a couple of packs of sausage, and a loaf of bread. "What do you want me to do?" Jaden asked. "Make this sausage first, I'll start the eggs." Mike responded as the two started the huge range that was in the cook's kitchen. "Ok, the eggs and sausage are started, now what?" Jaden asked. "Set the table, I'll wake the others up." Mike said as he left the room. He walked his room and opened the door. Blair jumped out at him from behind the door. "Jeez Blair, give me a heart attack why don't you." Mike said. "Sorry, couldn't resist." Blair said as she give Mike a peck on the lips. "Ok...Help me get the others up please." Mike said. "Sure." Blair said as she knocked on the door to Monica's room. Mike knocked on Ben's door which slid open slowly. "Ben, breakfast. Wake up." Mike said. "Yeah I'll be there in a minute." Ben said from behind the closet door. The others woke up on their own almost at once. "What's that aroma?" Sheeri asked the rest of the group. "Breakfast come on, Jaden's alone in the kitchen." Miek said as he led the group to the dining room.

"Wow, you guys did a great job on this." Alexis said as she helped herself to some eggs. "It was nothing, I could've made more but this seemed enough." Mike said as he peeled a dragon fruit and began to feast on the food he had on his plate. "What's this red stuff?" Joann pointed to a red liquid sitting in front of Mike. "Dunno, but it looks edible, might as well try it." Mike said as he put a little on his plate. Jaden snickered as Mike ate the liquid with a piece of egg. Mike immediately went into a coughing fit. "This stuff's hot, who eats this for breakfast! This feels worse then getting shot, awwwwww!!" Mike coughed. Jaden began to crack up. "You actually ate it, aww man that's hilarious, why didn't you recognize the cap?" Jaden rolled around on the floor laughing as Mike ran through the room trying to find something to quench his burning tounge. He settled on running freezing water down his throat. "What was that?" Mike said as he examined the cap of the bottle. "It's figgin five alarm salsa. What the hell?" Mike looked at the bright red liquid. "Well, I thought Hassleberry would've eaten it, you see he hate's spicy food, it would've been much more funny if it was him." Jaden said as he wiped his eyes. "Regardless, it was still mean, although it was pretty good..." Mike trailed off as he took another bite of his eggs.

"Now off to Kaibaland!" Syrus said as the group got ready to leave everyone was in vacation clothes. "Mike, why are you wearing that?" Blair asked Mike. Mike was wearing a Hawaiian shirt. "Cause it's comfy, besides it's not that out there. Would you prefer I wear my "alien abduction victims anonymous" shirt?" Mike asked. "Hawaiian shirt's fine." Blair said. "Ok, we've got our passes, casual clothes, cash. We're ready to go." Mike said as he opened the front door and led his friends to the sidewalk. "Ok, which way from here?" Ben asked. "This way will bring us there quickest." Mike waved down a small road that led through the town. "Ok..." Monica said. "Just remember this way isn't the safest so please secure valuables to some kind of chain or something, and girls stay toward the buildings. Like I said for safety." Mike led th group down the street. Almost immediately trouble arose in the form of two of Mike, Ben, and Monica's former classmates, Chris and Kyle. Two of the most redneck gangster kids in the school. "Well well, Kaiba's come back, you've got some nerve to show your face around these parts after what you did the day before you left the country. Why'd you return, huh?" The one named Kyle asked. "Leave him alone he's done nothing." Blair stepped forward. "Shut up..." Chris said. "You leave her alone, I left the country to perfect my skills at dueling at a school designed specifically for that." Mike pushed Blair back as he stepped forward. "You mean that teach that queer shit. Not all of you seem to do that, there's a couple of hotties in the group, do you the yeven know that you duel. Come away from the losers girls, and come got some." Kyle said slyly. "That's it!" Hassleberry yelled as his pupils became slits. He charged forward. Mike restrained him for a moment. "Let me take these guys, I don't wanna be responsible for what could happen." Mike said as he pushed Hassleberry back. "Guys. If you have some sort of grudge against me take it out on me in that alley, I don't want you guys getting arrested if I deserve it." Mike said nonchalantly. "Mike..." Syrus said. "Don't worry Sy, this won't take more then thirty seconds." Mike said as he and the other two boys started down the alley. "Ok do your worst." Mike said as he pretended to brace himself. Chris threw a punch at Mike's face which he dodged effortlessly. Mike knew he had the cover of shadow so he deemed it safe to transform. He was in full wolf sate when Chris and Kyle pulled handguns. Both guys fired three shots. One barely missed, this got Mike very angry and he proceeded to maul both of the other guys being careful not to bite them. He let both of the guys go, they fled the scene, bloody and scared. Mike emerged from the alley, only slighly bruised, his Hawaiian shirt was badly torn and he had to throw it out. "You hear those shots, that could've easily happened when Hassleberry charged them." Mike said as he tossed his shirt into a nearby trash can. From there the trip went smoothly.

A/N: Something I felt needed added, Chris and Kyle will never be mentioned again, and guns will only be fictional, like lazers or something. Next chapter we'll see what this mysterious new attraction will be at Kaibaland. Yes I decided that Domino will be on the east coast of the US because I don't wanna convert Dollars to Yen.