Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ She returns.... ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I will never own YGO GX so yeah...ON WITH THE STORY!!!


Laying in front of him was the cut and mangled body of Harrison Rosewood. "Ben help me get this body out of here." Mike called up to the ceiling. "How'd you know I was here?" Benn yelled down. "Cause you do that at parties to entertain people." Mike replied. "Well since you'll be coming up here soon, could you throw me some cake or something. I can't see very well. I think I need contacts or glasses." Ben said. "A ninja who can't see? What's this world coming to?" Mike called back. "Shut up!" Ben yelled. "It's a forty foot high room, I ain't throwing cake that high." Mike said as he began to drag Harrison's body out of the room. "I'll be down in a second." Ben said as he dropped from his spot on the ceiling. Before he hit the ground he vanished in a puff of smoke and appeared behind Mike. "That's just weird." Mike said as Ben lifted Harrison's legs. "And being a werewolf isn't?" Ben asked. "Touche." Mike said. "Yeah! Powned!" Ben said as the two dragged the body to the infirmary.

"Now here's the eighty-five dollar question, how'd Harrison become a werewolf?" Blair asked when Mike had told her who attacked them in the woods. "Well I have a theory but it's kind of farfetched." Mike said. "Well what is it?" Jaden asked as he joined the conversation. "Well, before I learned control and after Alexis broke up with me, Ben said I attacked a student, I must've bit him. Not eaten like Ben said I'd originally wanted to do." Mike finished. "So it's your fault all of this stuff is going on?" Jaden asked. "Yeah but I'll fix it. It's not like he's been doing any work trying to build up an army." Mike said. "That'd suck." Jaden said. the three were talking in a quiet spot in the library. Ben came running into the room. "Mike, there's been an attack!" Ben practically yelled. "Shhh!" The librarian hissed. "What do you mean?" Mike asked. "Harrison transformed in the middle of class and attacked a student, everyone assumed he escaped." Ben explained. "Oh no, he is building an army." Mike said. "What're we gonna do?" Blair asked. "Find out a way to keep them from tranforming, wolvesbane would be an option but there is none on this island and if I were to get it online it would most likely be fake." Mike assessed the situation carefully. "Well there's always option three which would be quite out there." Jaden said. "Well what is it?" Mike asked. "We could ask our dueling alchemy teacher Professor Banner, only problem is we can't find his cat, Pharoah." Jaden said. "Is he a big brown cat?" Blair asked. "Yeah why?" Jaden responded. "He's been living in our room for the past month." Mike said. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" Jaden asked. "Honestly, Blair wanted to keep him." Mike whispered. "Well we can ask him, maybe he'll be able to come up with some kind of weird alchemy potion to help us out." Jaden offered. "Then to the red dorm, before Harrison gets his hands on another student." Mike said as he got up and left the library.

"Hey Jaden I forgot to ask, why do we need to find his cat anyway?" Mike asked. "Professor Banner became a spirit at the end of last year and he chose to live in his cat." Jaden said. "That's......unusual...well we have seen weirder." Mike said. "And how's the whole voice thing coming along?" Jaden asked. "You mean the "demon" I don't know but I believe that has something to do with becoming a werewolf, I used to believe that I was one for many years. I guess the voice came from the damage I was causing my body through trying to find out. Basically speaking I drove myself insane which was corrected the night of the full moon when I transformed." Mike said. "That's completely believeable." Alexis said as she found Pharoah under Mike's bed. "Ok prof. We need to know if there's a way to cure someone from being a werewolf." Jaden said to the cat. "This looks crazy." Ben said. "Then thank God the doors are closed." Mike said as Jaden decided to run out of the room. "Come on we need to find a book." Jaden called to the rest of the group. "Ok..." Mike said as he too ran out of the room. The two returned a couple of minutes later carrying a rather large book between them. "How did you carry this?" Jaden asked as he dropped the book which over balanced Mike causing him to fall forward over the book. The cat jumped from his perch on the bed and pushed the book open with his nose. He looked through the table of contents and found a section which seemed useful. "Ok." Jaden translated. "We'll need some of the ferns that grow in the heart of the woods near the cave where Harrison attacked us." Jaden listed the things they would need for this to work. "We're gonna need to get a couple of things from the net, fortunately my high standing in the community I can track anything down, of course I will have to call in a few favors for this "magic recipe" to work." Mike said. "Well do what you can, remember if you can't get it through your standing Chazz can, how willing he'll be to help us is up to him." Blair said. "There's one last thing we'll need to do and that is to inject it into the werewolf by any means necessary." Mike said as the team split up to gather the local ingredients.

Two weeks passed, all of the ingredients were gathered. Pharoah made the material, it was a metallic blue and and had the qualities of liquified mercury. "Now for the injection, do we have tranqs at this school?" Mike asked. "No." Jaden replied. "How about paintball guns?" Mike asked. "Oh, we got those." Jaden said. "Well get four of those, that would be one for each new werewolf. I'll put this into some darts we'll get all of them all on the night of the full moon." Mike said. "What if we can't hit them in the correct area?" Alexis asked. "It shouldn't matter, just put them into the body, but if I had to guess a correct zone I would say the neck." If you shoot and miss they'll come after you which is why I perfected this." Mike said as he held up a little silver orb. "Is that the..." Blair began. "Yep, silver nitrate vapor. It'll help hold them off for about ten minutes after activation." Mike explained. "How'd you make this?" Alexis asked as she examined the orb. "Free time, internet and tenacity." Mike said as he put the orb back into his pocket. "We're gonna need some expert shots for this job so who would that be?" Blair asked. "Well Hassleberry should be a good shot, I'll take one with me, Ben could probably, and then who else." Mike said. "I'll do it." Syrus over heard the conversation. "You, Syrus this will be dangerous, you could be seriously injured or killed." Mike said. "Yeah but I have to do it for Jo-Jo." Syrus said bravely. "What're you talking about?" Mike said. "She was attacked last week, I'm gonna save her and get my revenge on Harrison for causing her so much pain." Syrus said. "Well I just checked the calendar, and the full moon is tonight, I thought we had more time but it seems that we'll have to get this done sometime within the hour because the sun's setting now." Mike was looking out the window nervously. "Well I'll get the guns and the recruits." Jaden said. "Is there anything important going on tonight?" Alexis asked. "There's a party at the...Oh-no." Mike said as he ran out of the room. "What's wrong?" Sayrus yelled after Mike who had already began to transform. "I've gotta get to the Obelisk dorm! Jaden get Hassleberry and those guns, I'll meet you guys later." Mike yelled back. He howled to try to draw the attention of the other werewolves in the school. "You heard the man let's move!" Jaden yelled.

Mike drew three of the four werewolves into the clearing of the woods, plain sight for the four snipers hidden in the trees. The fourth werewolf, or werewolfess appeared in the clearing. They all stood facing Mike ready to attack at any sight of movement. Mike jumped quickly and drew the attention of the snipers, they all fired at the group, causing one to fall to the ground it was a boy by the name of Frank, a Ra student he had a scar across his right cheek from where Harrison had slashed him. "Poor boy, at least his suffering has ended." Mike said. The other werewolves converged on the area the shot had come from. Mike threw a vapor orb and kept the wolves from attacking Jaden. He put on a face mask so he wasn't affected by the cloud of silver vapor. Two more shots brought down Johnny a Slifer red student who lived right across from Mike. "Odd, he didn't display any odd behavior." Mike said to himself as the other two wolves attacked. Mike dodged who he knew as Harrison and pinned Joann. He held her down long enough for Syrus to shoot a dart into her neck. "Now for the leader." Mike said as he turned to face Harrison. "You honestly think you can take me after all of those attacks?" Harrison said. "I don't have to, I just have to distract you long enough for the snipers to take you down." Mike said. "Poor naive freshman." Harrison said as he lept into the tree directly behind Mike. He returned with Alexis in his arms. "Your choice have them shoot me and my last move as a wolf will be to kill her." Harrison said as he held his pointer finger under her neck. Mike noticed the claw on that finger was exceptionally sharp. "Or option two you let me kill you and I let her go." Harrison presented the two choices. "Fine you can kill me, but let Alexis go first." Mike said. Harrison put Alexis on the ground and let her run to safety, Mike instantly put himself between the werewolf and Alexis. "Hmmm...Didn't think that through, no matter, I'll still have one kill tonight." Harrison said as he lunged at Mike. Mike didn't make it, his shirt got ripped and he began bleeding from his chest. He went down, as he fell he gasped the command for open fire. Four darts went into Harrison's neck and he fell before the other werewolf. Mike stood up and dusted himself off. "How...I got you, it was a fatal blow." Harrison said as Mike unzipped his blazer. "You got my blazer and a blood packet." Mike said as Harrison closed his eyes and slipped into unconsciousness.

All of the transformed werewolves went back to normal, Syrus didn't leave Joann's bed in the infirmary, he was happy she was saved. Mike took advantage of this vulnerablity. "Hey Sy, Joann was a pretty hot wolfess mating season was pretty wild." Mike said one day when Joann had left the room. "You better not have!" Syrus began pounding on Mike chest rapidly. "Oh please, if it weren't for duels here you'd never be able to fight. I was only kidding." Mike said as Syrus relented. "Well it was still mean." Syrus said. "Yeah well...it was pretty funny for me." Mike chuckled. "What's up guys?" Joann said as she sat down in front of the two boys. "Maybe I wasn't kidding." Mike said as he left the room. "Kidding about what?" Joann asked. "Nothing...Are you feeling alright, don't need to take any tests?" Syrus stressed the word tests. "No why what's the matter?" Joann asked. "You didn't do anything with any other wolves did you?" Syrus asked. "Maybe." Joann said it seductively. "Guess I'll have to find out." Syrus said. "I'm still here." Mike said from behind a curtain. Joann threw a remote which hit Mike from his position behind the operating curtain. "Oww, I was only seeing if Sy would panic jeez don't get violent." Mike said as he actually left the room. "Well that killed the mood." Joann said when Mike was out of earshot.

"they were gonna what?!" Ben asked when Mike had told him the anecdote. "Funny stuff eh?" Mike said as he sat down to have some lunch. "I'll say, and they didn't know you were there?" Ben asked. "No clue, they probably would've got dirty if I hadn't said anything." Mike said. "Then the nurse would've caught them, like you said Joann might be a screamer." Ben said, it made Mike remember the day he'd walked in on them that night at the lake. "Don't ever make me think of that again." Mike said as he shook his head to get rid of the image in his head. "Well there's still the matter of explaining to everyone in the school the events of the last six weeks." Ben said. "Well if I reveal that I'm the head werewolf and at this point the only one there will be mass panic and I'll probably be sent into exile." Mike said negatively. "Yeah well...good luck with that." Ben said as he left the table. "Real helpful." Mike responded. "That's what she said." Ben replied as he walked away. Mike fell out of his seat when he heard that. I can't believe he could say that with a straight face. Mike said. "Pssst!" Someone hissed from the shadows. "What? Oh well." Mike said as he turned to leave. "Psssssst!! Mike." The voice hissed again. Mike wandered over to the sound. He immediately knew what was going on. "Kinasha." Mike hissed. The dragoness stepped forward. "Don't run, just listen to me." Kinasha immediately pleaded. "I'll listen but if this is some kind of trick..." Mike started. "It's not but we may wanna go somewhere more private." Kinasha said. Mike took her back to his room.

"Well we're here now explain to me, why are you dressed in a cloak, it's spring and we're on an island." Mike asked. He also noticed that Kinasha never lifted her arms from her cloak. For once that visit she lifted arms and in those arms was a little bundle, she lifted som of the covering away to reveal a little baby dragon. "Ok, but why'd you come by just to show me a kid?" Mike asked. "I'm sure you can figure it out, Dad." Kinasha said. "What?!" Mike yelled.

A/N: An interesting end to an interesting chapter. Mike is now a supposed father. Wonder how this'll affect his life, two words, DNA test!!