Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ Getting Two Lovers Together (finally) ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Still don't own YGO GX. Another A/N I use alot of Japanese elements. For example: Blair in America is like 10 when she enrolls in Duel Academy, in Japan she's 14, Hell Dragon is actually Infernal Dragon, and some other stuff that I don't remember at this point.

"Alright full moon's tonight, do you remember the plan?" Mike asked as he put on a jacket. "Don't worry I've got it." Blair said as she put a jacket on. "Oh and if I can't control myself use this." Mike tossed Blair the box that had the necklace he had originally gotten for Alexis. "Silver? Won't you get hurt?" Blair asked. "Yeah well if it'll make me leave you alone, then it's worth it." Mike said as Blair put the necklace on. "So I have to get Alexis and Jaden together, and then you..." Blair began to go over the plan. "I'll 'lose control' and chase them into the caves over by the far side of the woods. We'll leave them alone in there." Mike said. "What if something unexpected happens?" Blair asked. "I'm scarier then anything in the woods, I'll take care of that." Mike reassured. "Well then let's go." Blair said as Mike closed the door as they left for the woods.

"So why are you asking us to go with you guys?" Jaden asked as they entered the woods. "Others will be coming, I need company, don't worry I have restraints." Mike said as he held up some ropes. "Well that's a relief." Alexis said as they four found the tree Mike would tie himself to. "Now we wait." Mike said as the sun began to set. Mike had ropes around his wrists and ankles as well as his neck. The full moon rose and Mike transformed, he began to writhe as he transformed. He needed to get the others to run so he did everything that would make him appear to lose control. He had to break a rope to get them to run. Well there goes a perfectly good rope. Mike thought to himself as he watched the three people running off into the woods. He needed to heighten the terror if he was to get anywhere with getting Jaden and Alexis together so he howled for effect. What Mike wasn't expecting was that he'd be answered, another howl rose from the other side of the woods. "Shit!!" Mike said as he began to dash towards the other howl. It had come from near where Blair, Jaden, and Alexis were and he didn't want to be responsible for their probable deaths.

"In here!" Blair said as she pointed to a cave in the side of a hill. "How'll that help?" Jaden asked as the three entered the cave. "He makes sense, won't that just corner us?" Alexis asked. "No, Mike said there are silver deposits on the island and one of them is in this cave." Blair declared. "Well then how come he's standing in the enterance!" Alexis said as she pointed at the wolfen silhouette of what they thought was Mike. "Don't worry he'll leave us alone as long as we're in here." Blair said as the werewolf took another step closer. "Or not." Jaden said as the three backed up further. "I got this." Blair took out the necklace and stepped toward the beast who in response to the challenger picked her up by her wrist and threw her out of the cave. "Mike what're you..." Blair began but was cut off when the new werewolf pounced on her. At that precise moment Mike rammed the new attacker and threw it off of Blair. "There's a new one around here. Get Jaden and Alexis out of here now!" Mike said as he faced the second werewolf. "I can't my ankle hurts." Blair said as Mike threw the second werewolf off of him. "Oh..." Mike began as he helped Blair into the trees. "Stay here until I get back." Mike said as he lept out of the tree. "What're you gonna do?" Blair called down. "If I'm right, if I assert my authority as leader of the 'pack' I'll be able to get him to submit. Of course it may take some fighting." Mike replied. "What're we supposed to do?" Jaden called out to Mike. "Get into a tree, both of you, now!" Mike barked. The two other kids got into the nearest tree. They were fairly high up so they didn't have to worry about the new wolf climbing it. The only thing that made this seem bad was that the branch they were on snapped. Mike caught both of his friends before they hit. All of the other limbs were to thin to support both of them so they remained behind the struggling werewolves. The newcomer threw Mike off and turned to the other two kids. Jaden snapped a branch off of the nearest tree and swung it like a baseball bat at the advancing werewolf. He made contact in time to save them both from being eaten or worse. Mike rose and chased the second werewolf away in time to see the sunrise. "Well, that wasn't the way I planned it." Mike said as he transformed it into a human again. "What do you mean?" Jaden asked as he stepped forward. "Well this was up until the new werewolf appeared to be a plan to get you and Alexis together, it went all wrong after that. Guess it was decietful of me to lie about losing control to get you guys together." Mike confessed. "Jaden did come to my rescue after we fell out of the tree." Alexis said. "And I've felt something I couldn't explain when we're just talking, or just hanging out." Jaden said. "What I'm trying to say is..." Mike started for Jaden. "I'm workin' on it!" Jaden replied. "Oh, just ask her!" Mike shot back. "Fine. Alexis will you be my girl?" Jaden asked. "Sure, my knight in red armor." Alexis replied as she hugged Jaden.

"So am I off the hook?" Mike asked. "No." Alexis said as she picked up the necklace and began swinging it over her head. "Oh boy." Mike said as he began to run away from the silver wielding girl. "Get back here, face the bling like a man!" Alexis yelled as she threw the necklace which hit Mike in the back of the head. Mike began shrieking in pain and rolling around on the ground. Everyone, except Mike, began to laugh. "That is not funny!" Mike yelled as he held the necklace on his sleeve. "Was for us." Alexis stated. "Oh yeah laugh it up, if whoever that was had gotten you I would've felt horrible, I risked my life to save your's think about that." Mike said. "You have a point. We should thank you, you've brought us together and all that." Jaden said. "But that doesn't mean we won't blame you if we break up." Alexis said. "So no meddling." Blair said. "I'll do my best." Mike said. "Now let's get back to the dorm and get some sleep, I've got something I have to finish before the next full moon." Mike said as the two couples began walking back to the red dorm. "What's that?" Blair asked. "A formula for silver nitrate vapor, incase we need it." Mike said.

So there are lots of preparations to be made for the next full moon and Mike hasn't come very close to the vapor he wanted. It got to the point where he would get the proper mixture but it wouldn't remain a vapor for more then ten minutes after cooling. "Just a little more time." Mike said as he gently added the proper amount of liquified silver. "Bishie, get in bed, come on it's an important day tomorrow." Blair pleaded. "When did you take up calling me that?" Mike asked. "Now, I mean it doesn't sound good, but it's a pet name." Blair said. "Well it's not really a good one, just stick with Mike ok, Blair." Mike said. The conversation continued no further.

"Who was it that attacked you guys?" Caleb, one of Mike's friends and fellow Slifer, asked. "We don't know, it could be anyone in this school." Mike said. "But we do know that they had to have been attacked by a werewolf during the school year." Blair added. "So basically Mike had to have done it." Caleb said. "Basically." Mike confirmed. "And where was this again?" Caleb asked. "In the..." Blair started. "In an online game, I'm of the werewolf race but I'm a high level mage so I can control it." Mike lied. He gave Blair a 'Don't go there' look. "Well while I'd love to help your online trouble, I have a big project to do for Crowler so I catch up later." Caleb said as he left the table to do his work. "That was close." Mike sighed. "I'll say, I almost blew it, sorry." Blair apolegized. "You didn't say anything, I caught it way before it got very far." Mike said as he pecked Blair on the cheek. "Well my ankle still hurts a little, care to help me to class?" Blair asked as she stood up and grabbed the crutch sitting on her lap. Mike picked up Blair's books as he put his back pack over his shoulder. "Hey there's a dance coming up, want go check it out?" Blair asked as Mike opened the door to the class. "Why not, it's not like the other wolf's coming back any time soon." Mike replied.

A few days later it was the night of the dance, Mike tried to be formal, he wore a tuxedo T-shirt. "I'm here to party, but I wanna be formal too." He would explain to any people who would ask. "You've seen Taladega Nights haven't you?" Blair asked. "Yup, and you're doing much better walking around on that ankle." Mike pointed out. "Thanks, but maybe you should change, that does look kinda silly." Blair said. "Oh, you're no fun." Mike said as he put a black jacket on to make it look almost like a real tuxedo. "This better?" Mike asked. "It'll do." Blair said as she appeared from behind the bathroom door. She was dressed in a flowing blue and white dress which made her look radiant. "Who are you and where's Blair?" Mike looked her up and down as he asked this question. "I locked her in the closet and took her stuff." Blair said as she took Mike's arm.

"Time to partayyyyy!" Jaden and some other guys yelled as they entered the duel arenas which had been decorated with stobelights, a disco ball, and a huge speaker system. All of the guys were wearing tuxedo T-shirts. "And you said I looked ridiculous." Mike said. "Alright I was wrong. For once." Blair said as Mike took his jacket off. "And now we begin hitting on all of the available ladies in the room." Hassleberry said. He made a huge mistake, his girlfriend Sherri overheard. She hit Hassleberry over the head, it was funny, his bandanna was removed for once. There was some dueling which to Blair's great discontent, Mike joined. The dance in all was pretty fun. Sometime toward the middle though there was a slow dance, that's when it happened, someone in the room screamed and from the darkest corner a werewolf sprang forth. "Not now." Mike said as he began pushing through the crowd to get to the second wolf. "Hassleberry, Jaden, Chazz, get the people out I'll take this." Mike said as he began to transform. When he was full werewolf he confronted the challenger. "Give me Alexis!" The second werewolf barked. "Why? And if I recall you're the person that attacked us in the woods, which means I schooled you, which means I'm the alpha wolf, so stand down!" Mike barked back. "I'm nobody's subordiante, now give me Alexis!" The second werewolf demanded. "It's an empty room, besides if you want her you'll have to get through me." Mike said as he prepared himself.

"Very well." The second wolf said as he lunged for Mike's throat. Mike quickly dodged and bit the second wolf on the neck. "Giahhhhhh! Get...off...me!" The second wolf yelled as he threw Mike off. Mike slashed his opponent across the chest, ripping the tennis shirt he was wearing. His opponent responded by hitting him square in the jaw with a nearby chair. Mike fell backwards, turned over, and landed hard on his face. He got up, spat out some blood, and faced his opponent again. Mike dodged a fatal strike at his jugular vein and slashed his opponent across the back and forced him out of the transformation. He transformed back into a human and went to examine his opponent's body. When he turned the body over he was shocked at what he saw.

A/N: Oh I just love ominous foreshadowing, especially towards the end of a chapter.
Jaden: What do you mean?
Me: I'm not spoiling the next chapter, the readers will have to find out then and so will you.
Jaden: Awwwwww...come on.
Me: No.