Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit of Flames ❯ No title this time: Why does he continue writing this? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Still don't own anything used (except my OCs, except Ben, cause he's a rebel)

Mike began talikng in his sleep. It was horrible, he'd end up screaming half of the things. He was in terrible shape, he seemed to become more and more frightened as the day wore on into night. When he finally woke up the room was empty, Blair was off at some kind of party, he was all alone. "N...nn...not again." Mike stuttered as he checked the room to make sure he was alone, and locked the door to his room. He was now terrified of what could happen now that he's alone again. "You better get back here soon, Blair." Mike said to himself as he got a shirt out of his closet. Mike was now terrified of almost anything that could move, Blair came back to the room later that night and found Mike curled up into a little ball trembling.

Nobody really knew what had happened in Mike's room that particular Saturday, but they were sure something had happened that threw Mike out of his routine. Some of his friends decided to snap Mike out of this phobia before it completely consumed him. "For the last time nothing's wrong!" Mike was in denial of his own fear. "Kinasha!" Blair called to the air. "Huh? Where?!" Mike said as he flinched. "That's what we're talking about, now you've gotta face this head on." Blair began to push Mike out of the door. "But you don't understand I'm not afraid of Kinasha as a human, she's a dragoness. That's what scares me so much." Mike pleaded. "She's not a dragoness and I'll prove it." Blair said as she forced Mike into Kinasha's room. Mike stumbled into the darkness. He stuck close to the wall, he didn't want to become a victim of the dragoness once again. "Ok, Kinasha, you've won. You've 'had' me now leave me alone." Mike called into the darkness. He thought he'd felt something brush his cheek, but dismissed it as his imagination. To his great displaesure, he was wrong. Kinasha grabbed him again. Mike did his best to struggle,even trying to trigger his wolfen state, of course he couldn't calm down because of his fear.

Blair was waiting at the cafeteria for Mike to be done in Kinasha's room. Ben caught up with her. "Where's Mike?" Ben asked. "Kinasha's room." Blair replied simply. "You mean you didn't believe him the first time he told you?" Ben became very worried, he knew his friend was in trouble. He decided to show Blair the tape he'd recorded the night of the full moon. Blair was shocked to find that Mike wasn't crazy, and that Kinasha had done those horrible things to her beloved Mike. "We gotta get back to the dorms quick." Blair said as she began to run back towards the dorms. "I'll catch up." Ben said as he checked his pockets for his throwable weapons. "Two kunais, that'll have to do." He said as he started off to the red dorms.

Back in Kinasha's room Mike was in a terrible position. He was fighting against Kinasha, he finally calmed down enough to get at least half of his transformation in. "Why do you fight? I'll still end up with what I want." Kinasha said as she ripped Mike's vest in an attempt at his pants. "Because if I fight long enough you'll wear out and then I'll be long gone." Mike said as he blindly threw heavy objects at the dragoness who was advancing ever closer. Mike ran for the door, but was cut off by a shimmering silver tail. "You know there's always the alternative if you won't voluntarily..." Kinasha began. "No! I didn't do it the first time why would I this time. All I have to do is wait a couple more days and I'll be in the clear because you won't be in season for five months." Mike was right in the matter, he knew that Kinasha wouldn't be as violent if she wasn't in season. At that precise moment the two kunais Ben had flew through the window and into the dragoness' wings. Pinning her to the wall. Ben jumped through the window. Kinasha freed herself in time to dodge as more objects flew through the room. "Ben, think you can hold her off while I finish my transformation?" Mike asked as Kinasha ripped off what was remaining of his sleeve. "I'll try." Ben said as he picked up a kunai and stabbed at the air. He missed Kinasha by very little. Mike finished the transformation, he was now quick enough to escape or powerful enough to fight. He chose to get his friend out before he could escape, so he fought using only his sense of smell. He manged to restrain their opponent long enough for Ben to escape. For Mike it was a different story because Ben turned the lights on before he left the room. Giving the full benefit of sight to the dragoness. "Ben, you idiot!" Mike yelled as he watched Ben take cover. "Huh?" Mike asked himself as he saw Kinasha lunge at him. He dodged in time to see that there was an exploding tag on the wall. It exploded making a giant hole in the wall. As the smoke cleared he noticed that Kinasha was no longer in the room. "Where is she?" Mike checked around, mostly for the purpose of preventing an ambush, somewhat out of curiosity.

"That was rough." Ben said as the Mike and Blair returned to the dorm to get some sleep. "I'll say, she almost had us!" Mike's attitude had changed from timidity to full on excitement. "Well in some odd way you've conquered your fear." Blair smiled as Mike opened the door and let her inside. "I guess, but what I don't get is how she disappeared so quickly after Ben's tag exploded." Mike said as he changed into his pajamas and got into bed. "I know, I thought that was pretty weird too." Blair replied as she got into her own bed. "Hey Blair." Mike said as he stared at the ceiling intently. "Yeah?" Blair asked as she turned on her side to look at Mike. "Back home everyone thought I was stange, not many people would talk to me. Girls would treat me like scum, why am I so desirable here?" Mike asked, he didn't change his position, he kept his eyes on the ceiling. "How should I know?" Blair asked as she turned over. "'Cause Syrus told me you had this huge crush on me, and I wanna know what makes me so attractive here." Mike said. Blair froze up from the shock of having been found out. She thought she had been very subtle when it came to hitting on him, but now he knows and there's nothing she could do know. "Oh, so Syrus told you that, it's true, I like you alot." Blair confessed. Mike just laughed. "You actually thought Syrus would pick something like that up. I just took a shot in the dark. Hahahahahaha." Mike continued to laugh. "That wasn't funny!" Blair became really angry at Mike's deciet, she wanted to throw something heavy at Mike's head but decided not to when she let Mike finish laughing. "Yes, I'll go out with you." Blair squeeled with delight as she jumped out of her bed and into Mike's arms. He knew right then that he may have made a mistake. Blair was gonna make him happy, but he didn't know if the whole werewolf thing would put her off. He decided that time will tell that and held Blair until she went to sleep. Full moon's gonna be rough. Mike thought to himself as he too fell asleep.

The two woke up late, it was Monday and Mike had forgotten to set the alarm. "Giahhhhhhh! We're late!" Mike was running about the room trying to find his things as Blair finished the breakfast Mike had made for them. "Why worry, it's only promo duels today." Blair said as she began to brush her teeth. That's precisely why, I need to get to the arena quick. Bye." Mike ran out the door as he put his deck vest on and loaded his duel disk. Mike arrived just in time to be called for his duel. "That was close you almost had to forfeit. Why're you so late anyway?" Jaden asked. Blair caught up with Mike and latched on to his arm. "Blair? What're you doing here? You haven't got these duels today." Jaden asked as Blair moved closer to Mike in an attempt make Jaden get the hint. "Told you." Mike muttered as he stepped up on stage and waved to the crowd. "So who's my opponent today?" Mike asked as he turned to face his opponent. "Me." Monica said as she activated her duel disk. "Ah! Time to see your new deck. Sure to be a good duel." Mike said as his duel disk activated.

"I'll go first and I start with Familiar Possessed Wynn." Monica said as a petit spellcaster appeared in front of her. "Hmmm...can't tell from the first monster so I'll special summon my Gilasaurus in attack mode and sacrifice it for my Dark Driceratops in attack mode." Mike said as a giant dinosaur appeared before him. "And in the words of the great Seargent Hassleberry, Forward March!" Mike yelled as the dinosaur began to feast upon Wynn who exploded on contact. "You show her son!" Hassleberry cheered as the dinosaur returned to his master's side of the field. "I then set two face-downs and end my turn." Mike said as two giant cards appeared in front of him. "And now I sweep." Monica said as she drew a card. "I play Premature Burial so I can special summon Wynn back to my side of the field, but she won't be here for long because I sacrifice her to summon Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch. His effect is nasty for it lets me destroy one card, or the only card in your hand and then you take damge equal to the level stars times on hundred." Mike discarded his card, it was Earth Chant so it didn't really matter for he wouldn't lose life points because of it. "And now you sweep, not much you can do if both of our monsters have the same attack." Mike smirked. "Oh but you forget I still have...I don't have anything nevermind." Monica said as Mike drew a card. "Booyah! Just drew my ace spell Gravity Axe-Grarl and I equip it to my Driceritops. Now attack Thestalos!" Mike dinosaur once again feasted, destroying the monarch. "Now that was just mean." Monica said with a frown. "Oh quit whining, I'm the best, you should've surrendered when you had the chance." Mike became very harsh, Monica needed him to be harsh so she can fulfill her potential. "Fine if you want to play like that...I summon another Familiar Possessed Wynn. Next I set two cards face down and end my turn." Monica was waiting for the right moment to spring her trap. "I summon Trojan Horse in attack mode. I end my turn." Mike knew full well what was coming so he had a card set that could turn the tide of this round in his favor severely. "I sacrifice my Wind monster so I can summon Swift Birdman..." Monica started. "Nope, it's Earth because I activate DNA Transplant and select Earth to be the attribute to be Earth so your Birdman doesn't get his effect." Mike's trap cancelled out Swift Birdman Joe's effect so basically Monica had a level 6 monster with 2300 attack, now she could attack the Trojan Horse but she didn't want her Birdman to be destroyed so quickly. "I end my turn." Monica looked at the field with great curiosity. If Mike's deck was dinos then why did he summon a beast? Monica thought. "I sacrifice my Trojan Horse so I can summon my Ultimate Tyranno." Mike said as a huge dinosaur appeared before him. "But Ultimate Tyranno is an eight star monster don't you have to sacrifice two monsters?" Monica asked. "Oh, I'm sorry I must've forgotten...No I didn't Trojan Horse counts as two sacrifices if I use it to summon an Earth monster." Mike said as his monster began the use of his effect to destroy Birdman. "Now that my Tyranno's cleared the field Dark Driceratops. Todomeda!" Mike yelled as Monica's life point counter dropped to zero. "Good game." Mike returned to his normal demeanor as he shook Monica's hand. "Next duel will turn out different, you can count on it." Monica smiled as Mike turned to leave. Mike looked oover his shoulder and replied. "I'll be looking forward to it."

"Man, you just don't lose do you?" Some kid from Obelisk who worked on the school's newspaper asked. He was interviewing Mike for an article on rising duelists. "I don't like to lose, if you had to compare me to any duelist at all, compare me to Austin O'Brien of the Eastern Duel Academy. He duels with the mind-set that if he loses, he dies. I duel like if I fail the world ends." Mike looked at the kid with a cold stare. "So what about your social life I hear that Alexis Rhodes recently left you, you later began going out with Blair Flannigan, anything to say about that? Anything I shouldn't hear?" The kid said with a sly grin. "What?! No, that's sick. Why would I do anything of that sort? Better question. Why would I tell you?" Mike asked, shocked. "Because you can trust me." The kid said. "Oh yeah, and I don't see the recorder you have sitting on the table?" Mike was getting frustrated with the tenacious kid. "Oh come on you have that look about you, you had to have done something with someone." The kid persisted. "Ok, I'll tell you, just lean in." Mike waved the kid in. He then grabbed him by the collar and threw him out of his dorm. "Next time stay out of my personnal life." Mike said as he shut the door. Blair came into the room with a towel wrapped around her. "Did I miss something?" She asked as Mike sat down on his bed with his back facing her so she could change. "Not really." Mike said. "Oh, by the way someone named Sherri came by today during the interview, she said something about wanting to know what to do next with Kenzan. Who's Kenzan?" Mike said as Blair got into her pajamas and sat down next to Mike on the bed. "Hassleberry's first name is Kenzan, she was probably asking about what they could do next in their relationship, probably asking about when the right time to kiss him would be." Blair said. "Oh, I suggested role playing, but..." Mike began. "You said what?!" Blair said as she drew back which caused her to almost fall off of the bed. "I'm kidding." Mike said as he layed down on the bed. "Well role playing sounds pretty good right now." Blair said as she slid up next to Mike. "No. You shouldn't even be talking about that stuff. Especially around me, I've got the whole honor thing." Mike said. "I'm kidding, but maybe some time?" Blair asked. "Unless we get married." Mike knew that would never happen. "But you and Kinasha..." Blair started. "How'd you find out about that?" Mike asked with an inquisitive look in his eye. "Joann is suprisingly good at smelling that kind of stuff, that and you just confessed it." Blair replied shyly. "Well I was forced to, you know she's a dragon right?" Mike asked. "Yeah, and you're a werewolf so what?" Blair asked. "Well I couldn't transform so I had to submit." Mike explained. "Oh...Well good night." Blair said as she got into her own bed. "Night." Mike said as he turned the light off. So she knows, at least I didn't make a mistake in accepting. Mike thought as he went to sleep.

Mike woke up the next day to find that Blair wasn't there. He looked at the clock. It read 6:30 A.M. It was far to early for her to be out. He found her sitting in a tree outside of the dorm. She looked unhappy, almost depressed. "What's wrong?" Mike called up to his girlfriend. "Nothing." Blair faked a smile. "Nice try, come on you can tell me anything." Mike said as he joined her in the tree. "Well I was looking around the dorm for something to eat, you shifted your position and a photo fell out from your pillow. It had a note with it, so I read it. It said 'I'll love you until I die.' The photo was of some girl I've never met. Are you cheating on me with someone from where you came from?" Blair asked as she began to cry silently. "No." Mike said as he looked into her eyes. "Like I've said, honor, if i did have a long distance girlfriend I wouldn't have even gone out with Alexis." Mike said as he calmed down the crying girl. "She gave me that a couple of days before she left me. I couldn't part with it. I've always had girl troubles, it just seemed to magnify once I got here." Mike explained his past to his girlfriend who related with her own stories. "Time for school." Blair said as alarm clocks went off around the campus. "Well if you'll excuse me I have some unfinished business to take care of with a couple of friends." Mike said as he climbed down from the tree. "See you later." Blair said as she gave Mike a peck on the cheek.

"My mission for today: get Jaden and Alexis together, finally." Mike said to himself as he joined Jaden at the breakfast table. "Well the full moon's coming. I don't know how much control I'll have come crunch time." Mike said as he began to shovel down some fruit. "Yeah, last time you almost killed Kinasha." Jaden said as he ate some fried shrimp. "Times like those make you appreciate having the right woman in your life Mike said as he looke dover to Alexis. "Yeah you've got something good going with Blair, by the way thatnks for getting her out of my hair." Jaden said. "I wasn't talking about that." Mike said. "Then what are you talking about?" Jaden asked. "You and Alexis, there's something there, I've known it for a while." Mike said as he stood up to leave. "What?" Jaden was completely confused. "Think about it." Mike said as he left the room.

A/N: So it was all an elaborate plot to get them together, Mike's got moves. Couple of snatched lines in the fic, try to find them all. Ben...I challenge you to an 'I dot-n-battle' LOL