Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ The Field ❯ Chapter Seven: Confrontation ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

THE FIELD
 
ML: All righty… I'm gonna end this with this final chapter...
 
Jaden: So, what happened the last time?
 
ML: You and Alexis confessing to each other after the fight at the City of Manchester Stadium, Atticus coming back to his old stomping grounds, and Judas AKA Chazz pointing out Alexis leading to her kidnapping AND Atticus being stabbed.
 
Syrus: Now, to those readers who have known the disclaimer, good for you. To those who are just joining us, here's the scoop: ML doesn't own us or any characters from Demon of RHS. Hell, he doesn't even own any teams from the Premier League or Football League. There. LET'S DO IT!
 
 
Chapter Seven: Confrontation
 
“All right, what do we do now?” Syrus asked.
 
“Yeah. Our major here's on the verge of life and death.” Mike replied.
 
“Ok… call up Jesse, and tell him to set up a fight at the wharf for two weeks from now. The cops won't suspect a thing since there are no cameras there.” Jaden answered.
 
“All right.” Mike said, as he nodded. “Still, what are gonna do about Chazz? He was the one who betrayed us.” He asked.
 
“As far as I can tell, he's no longer a Busby Way Devil.” Jaden answered.
 
Meanwhile, Chazz, was sleeping in a park, bottle of vodka in hand. He woke up, and saw a cop making the rounds. He made a run for it back to his home.
 
That night, the boys met at Jaden's house. It was then that Mike came in. He just said two words as he walked into the house. Those two words were: “It's done.” Jaden just nodded.
 
TWO WEEKS LATER
 
Jaden waited, with tonfas in hand for his friends. Syrus showed up, wearing brass knuckles, and Mike was brandishing his knife. Jaden just nodded, and so did the other two. He armed his house alarm, locked the door, and walked in sync with Syrus and Mike. Along the way, Bastion, Frank, and Johnny joined them brandishing various hand-held weapons. Jesse, Adrian and Jim also joined them.
 
In the faraway fires
Where the hills forever burn
At the feet of our heroes
We try hard to learn
But the lesson is lost there
In the smoke and the mud
That we are one flesh, one breath, one life
One blood
 
Meanwhile, Tommy and his crew, with Alexis in tow, started walking towards the same wharf. It was there that they saw the DBW lying in wait for them. Jaden walked out, and said, “All right Tommy. Before we start, I want you to do one thing.”
 
“What? Admit that we're the best club in the northwest of England?” Tommy replied.
 
“No. I want you to let her go. She's got no part in this.” Jaden said.
 
“Of course. I wouldn't want her to see what I'm gonna do to you.” Tommy replied. “Matthias.” He said. One of his crew members used a knife to cut the ropes that held her wrists together, and removed her gag. She walked over to Jaden, and hugged him.
 
I stood by the river
That ran red with shame
I stood in the killing fields
Where death had no name
 
“What I want you to do now, is to run. Get out of Manchester.” Jaden whispered.
 
“What about you?” Alexis asked.
 
“I'll be fine.” Jaden answered, as Alexis started to run. It was then that he turned to his friends, and said, “I think it's time we showed these scouser fucks what mancunians are made of!” It was then that the DBW charged, as did the Liverpool fans, and the fight was on.
 
I stood with my brothers
And awaited the flood
And we were one flesh, one breath, one life
One blood
 
The fight was long and intense; it got more violent as the day wore on. Meanwhile, Alexis was on the phone to her superiors. “Yeah, they're at the wharf. I want you to apprehend them all, but leave the leader to me.” She said. She then waited at a nearby warehouse for the police.
 
Meanwhile, Tommy took a broken bottle and was about to use it on Jaden, who had lost his tonfas, but then, Chazz came from out of nowhere and incapacitated him with his batons. “What are you doing here?” He asked.
 
“Making up for all the trouble I've caused.” Chazz answered.
 
Then I fell to the ground
Tasted ashes on my tongue
Thinking that only the dead
Are forever young
 
Jaden then saw a Liverpool fan about to go for Alexis. “If you really want to make up for it, then get Alexis out of here!” He yelled. Chazz just nodded and kicked the Liverpool fan who attempted the assault on Alexis.
 
“I would've handled it.” She said.
 
“Jaden wanted me to help you out. Plus, we look after each other.” Chazz replied.
 
There was peace in the twilight
And for a moment or more
There was a world without danger
A world without war
And I would take all your suffering
If it would do any good
Cause we are one flesh, one breath, one life
One blood
 
It was then that the cops showed up. Jaden then realized it. “Who brought them here?!” He yelled out.
 
“It was me.” Alexis said. “Jaden… I'm a cop.”
 
“You… bitch.” Jaden replied, seething. He tried to go for Alexis, but the cops knew better. They opened fire. Alexis just knelt down as he fell.
 
“Look, everything I felt for you was no cover.” Alexis said, as Jaden bled profusely. “I'm glad you've made an impact in my life.”
 
“I'm honoured to make an impact in yours… Jaden replied, as the two kissed one final time before he died in Alexis' arms.
 
The trials for each gang went on for months. The final punishment was this. They were all banned from attending any soccer matches for the foreseeable future. A few days later after the last trial, Captain Ericson called Alexis in to his office.
 
“So, commendable work, Officer Rhodes.” He said. “I'm sure your brother made it out ok?”
 
“Yeah. He's in stable condition.” She answered. “Anyway, in light of the events that happened before the trial, I decided to give you my two weeks notice.”
 
“Oh. I wasn't aware.” Captain Ericson replied. “You're a good officer. I hate to lose you.”
 
“Well, I figured I'll find something else to do.” Alexis said, as she walked out of the office and the stationhouse one last time. As she walked down the street, away from the stationhouse, she started singing one of United's chants.
 
Take me home, United road
To the place, I belong,
To Old Trafford, to see United,
Take me home, United Road…
 
END
 
 
I intended to make a different ending to the story, but what could I do? I figured I should end it here, before I lose any more inspiration! Thanks to Demon of RHS for letting me use his characters and oh yeah, I don't own “One Blood” from Terence Jay. R&R!