Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Chobits Fan Fiction ❯ Bunny Ears ❯ Finding Excuses ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Yeah, I wish I owned whatever I am writing about. I don't know exactly, so if I forget to add to this, forgive me. I don't have much to sue for. Unless you want lots of rabbits. I have 14 at the moment. They're having babies soon. I know someone with over 70 rabbits. Ah, the power of ARBA. IDEA!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh or ARBA, however, I am a member of ARBA and know the president of it.

Author's Note: I'm just writing this as it pops into mind. Hope you like it! * snicker * By the way, ARBA stands for American Rabbit Breeder's Association.

When the last bell of the day rang through Domino High, students poured into the hallways, looking for their friends. Luckily, Yugi was in the same last class as all his friends, so it wasn't hard to find them. Anzu, Jounouchi, and Honda had already started towards Yugi's desk by the time he finished packing his books.

"Hey guys, wanna come over to my house today? Grampa got some new games in yesterday. They're really awesome!"

"Yeah, I'm there!" Jounouchi said. He was always eager to check out new games.

Anzu wrinkled her nose a little. "I don't know. Have you changed the rabbits lately?"

Yugi blushed slightly. Well, actually, now that you mention it…Gampa has been so busy with stocking the new games that he hasn't had time to help me change them.

"Oh, sorry Yug! I just remembered, I have uh…a date with someone tonight. Can't make it. Maybe some other time!" Jounouchi tried to make his excuse sound real, but he knew it wasn't working great.

"Now that you mention it, I'm really busy. Tons of homework you know! I'll talk to you tomorrow, maybe some other time!" Honda said hurriedly as he took off down the hall.

"You know I have work today Yugi, and dance practice. Really sorry…"

Yugi sighed. "It's alright. Maybe some other time. Bye everyone."

They said their good-byes and started the walk to wherever they were going.

*****

Yugi fumbled with his keys when he finally arrived, alone, to his house. Grampa had called Yugi on his cell phone saying a friend needed his assistance, and wouldn't be home till late. Yugi was to stay home, feed and water the rabbits, and then do whatever he wanted.

When he walked through the door, he was greeted by an overpowering wave of odor. Those rabbits needed their litter changed…and soon. Yugi held his breath as he ran upstairs to his room to check his email.

Welcome, Yugi!

You have 4 new email messages

[ ] From Subject

New newmodels@persocoms… Check out these new models!
-----------------------------------------------------------< /b>

New newmodels@persocoms… Coming Soon to Persocoms!

New getpersocom@persocoms… Order your persocom today!

-----------------------------------------------------------< br> New arbanews@arba… Your Weekly ARBA Newsletter

"Junk…junk…junk…might as well read this." Yugi muttered as he scanned his new email subjects. He wished he could have a persocom, but they were waaay to expensive. He would never be able to afford one, even if he was Seto Kaiba! Grampa wouldn't be able to get him one either.

"Life would be SO much easier if I had a persocom…" he trailed off. Before he hit `delete' he decided to just take a look at the new persocom models.
"Fascinating…"

As he was looking at the models, the deadly stench of rabbits slowly seeped into his room. He sniffed, unknowing of the putrid smell.

"Ugh! Disgusting! I so have to get out of here!"

Yugi pinched his nose shut and ran to the front door.

"Ah, fresh air," He said, contently, as he locked the door. Then he turned around to go for a nice walk, but was surprised to bump into someone.

"Oh! I didn't see you! I'm very sorry!" He babbled, bowing. When the person made no response, he looked up.

"Oh, awesome! Are you a persocom?"

He looked at her "ears". They were metal and odd shaped, a symbol of a persocom.

"What are you doing here?" He asked cautiously.

When he received no response, he began to wonder what was wrong with her. He waved his hand in front of her face to try to get her attention, but it didn't work. It was then that he caught sight of her eyes. He recognized the look, he had seen it in one of the emails. It was a persocom, shut down!

Yugi looked wildly around for an owner. When he saw no one, he attempted conversation again. Nothing worked. He tried dragging her into the house, but she was far too heavy. When he gave up on dragging, he was surprised to see a piece of paper with writing on it fall from her.

`She always liked games, I figure you will be a good owner. I can't get her to move or reboot. I give up. Whoever finds this may keep her. Take good care of her now."

Yugi reread the note several times. He couldn't believe his eyes…he had his very own persocom?!?

Author's Note- Well, that's it for now. I have plenty more ideas coming in! Please review and look at my other writings!