Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Kire Taki ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kire Taki

Ame no Mizu

Chapter two:

Harry walked almost giddily into the Weasleys' home, followed by Mr. Weasley, who had his hand on Ryou's shoulder, guiding the shy boy. Ron was the first to greet him, followed by, surprisingly, Hermione. She seemed interested in Ryou, and was the first to ask him about his accent.

"If you're from Japan, why is your accent English?" Ryou smiled as he answered.

"I lived here most of my childhood. I moved to Japan a few years ago." He said, "I was approached by Professor Dumbledore about a week or so ago."

"Are you aware of the situation here?" Hermione asked.

"I am. I was told before I came here."

"So, you know Japanese?" asked Ron. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Well, of course he does. Why would he be in Japan unless he knew the language?"

Ryou blushed. They headed up to Ron's room, the redhead still asking questions.

"So, how do you say `hello'?"

"Konnichiwa."

"Goodbye?"

"Sayonara."

"How are you?"

"Peachy, thank you."

Harry and Hermione giggled.

"No, how do you say that in Japanese?" Ron laughed.

"Oh… O-genki desu ka. But you only use that if you haven't seen the person for a while. It's a pretty serious question."

They stayed up there, in Ron's small room, chatting, until it was time to go down to dinner. Ryou and Ron went down when called, but Harry pulled Hermione to the side.

"Harry, what's wrong? I'm hungry," she complained.

Harry hesitated, not sure how to word what he wanted to say.

"I… I'm about to say something totally strange. I just want you to hear me out, okay?"

"Sure."

"Well…" Harry paused, thinking, "I've seen Ryou before. I had this dream over the summer. He was in it." Hermione stared at him, apparently shocked, "I know it sounds crazy, Hermione, but it's true."

"So, do you think there's anything we should worry about? Precognitive dreams aren't always good."

"I don't feel anything bad from Ryou. Even in the dream, I felt calm with him… safe, even. " said Harry, "As much as I'd like to say I don't trust him, every part of me does. It's something I can't explain."

"Then what's the problem? Why are you telling me this?"

"There was another part to that dream," replied Harry, and the girl's eyes widened, "There was another person, one who looked just like Ryou, except he looked older, and his hair was wilder. He got me nervous. I could tell just by looking at him that he was the kind to start problems."

"And now that Ryou's here, this other person could very well follow him," she reasoned, and Harry nodded, "Maybe it's his brother. Did Ryou mention any relatives?"

"Just his father. He gave Ryou this freaky-looking necklace," Harry decided not to tell her about the eye, "I really didn't ask about his family."

"Maybe you should tell Sirius about this," Hermione suggested, "He'd know about this kind of stuff, right?"

"For once, I'm a step ahead of you. I sent him an owl yesterday. I'm just waiting for the reply. It should come any time now that he's back in England."

"That's good. We should go down to dinner before it's all gone, don't you think?"

"Of course."

When they left the room and all was quiet, a figure came out of the shadows and laughed.

"Sirius…."

Hedwig came flying through Ron's bedroom window the next morning, a letter tied tightly to her claw. Harry snatched it, and with Hermione and Ron (he'd been told after dinner), they sat down to read it.

Dear Harry,

Yes, that is strange. It's funny that you should dream of him specifically. I'm coming to you. Stay there until I get there, don't leave the house, and don't let this Ryou leave either. I should be there this afternoon. Don't wait outside for me.

Sirius

Now more confused than before, Harry rolled the letter up and sat still on the bed, thinking.

"What does he mean by `It's funny you should dream of him specifically'?" asked Ron, looking bemused. Harry and Hermione mirrored the look.

"It sounds like he knows Ryou," replied Hermione.

"Who knows me?"

All three jumped at Ryou's soft voice, and they turned to see him standing at the door.

"No one," said Harry quickly, but Ryou didn't buy it.

"Why are you lying to me? If you're going to talk about me, I'd like to know what you're saying," he whispered, sounding hurt.

"It's not like that," began Hermione, but Ryou cut her off.

"It is like that. Everywhere I go, people are always talking about me behind my back. For once, I'd like to know what they're saying." Hermione sighed at the sad tone in the albino's voice.

"Harry… maybe we should tell him."

Ryou sat on the bed, lost for words.

"… sugoi…" he murmured to himself, not being able to say anything else.

"Ooooh! I'll bet that's Japanese!" cried Ron.

"It is," answered Ryou, finding his voice, "It means `wow.'"

"You have to promise to keep this secret," said Harry sternly. Ryou laughed quietly.

If you only knew…

"Don't worry about that. It stays with us, I promise. I'm touched that you trust me enough to tell me all of this. You say Sirius is coming this afternoon?" asked Ryou.

"He is. He told me to keep you here," answered Harry, "I think he knows you, or knows of you. We'll find out when he gets here."

Barking was heard outside, and a few moments later, Mrs. Weasley appeared in the doorway, a large black dog at her side.

"I believe he's come to see you, dear," said the woman with a smile, and left. The dog looked at Ryou and whined.

"It's okay, Sirius," said Harry, "He knows."

He was suddenly a man, which made Ryou gasp. Sirius looked at him carefully.

"Ryou, can I talk to you?" he asked, his voice raspy.

"Hello to you, too," said Harry tonelessly as Ryou nodded and followed Sirius out the door to an empty room. They sat on the bed.

"Ryou," the man started, "Can I speak to Bakura?"

Ryou froze, not sure what to do. How did this stranger know about Bakura. He mentally began to put up blocks to shield his yami from the man, but they were pushed away.

It's okay, Ryou. He won't do anything to either of us.

Bakura appeared beside him, and smiled.

"Sirius. I was hoping it was you those two kids were talking about last night," said the yami, "How have you been?"

"I'm okay. How long have you had a new host?" replied Sirius.

"Don't use that word. He's my hikari. I've been with him for about two years."

Ryou sat there, shocked.

"Yami?" he asked, "Care to explain?"

"Oh. Sorry, Ryou. Well, in short, I had another hikari before you. He went to Hogwarts. I know Sirius from there. By the way, Sirius, what happened to the rest of our clique? Lupin, Potter, Pettigrew, Fletcher…" Sirius's face suddenly darkened.

"Lupin is working as a teacher in London. Fletcher is working for the Ministry. Pettigrew… isn't really part of the group anymore. James died fourteen years ago. Harry is his son."

"I thought the boy looked familiar. I'm sorry, Sirius. Had I known, I would've tracked you down."

"I know. So, what's been going on with you?"

"Besides getting a new hikari and going on a little killing spree, nothing much," Bakura laughed, "I kept looking for the rest of the Millennium items. Let's just say… it didn't go the way I planned."

"I didn't think it would. How long were you in the Ring after Andrew died?"

"Only a few years," Bakura paused thoughtfully, "Hey, I've got a question for you."

"Yeah?"

"The Ring was found in a marketplace in Egypt. How did I get there from London?"

"Oh, yeah…" Sirius replied, "After Andy died, me and James found the Ring on him. We didn't want it stolen. It was James's idea to send it back to Egypt. I don't know what happened to it after that."

"That's okay. At least I'm here now."

"True."

There was a long pause, and Ryou looked between the two men. He'd never heard Bakura talk about his past like this. He'd also never said anything about his imprisonment in the Ring. Ryou was under the impression that he was Bakura's first hikari, but… he was obviously mistaken.

"Sirius?" Harry walked into the room suddenly, and froze when he saw Bakura, "What is this?"

Ryou caught the shared look between his yami and Sirius. Bakura grinned.

"You wanna explain, or should I?"

Silence reined in Ron's bedroom as the four teens and two adults sat in the cramped space. The only sound heard was breathing, and, on occasion, the loud banging of the ghoul downstairs. Hermione was the first to speak.

"So, why exactly are you two here?" she asked Bakura and Ryou, "There has to be a good reason, or Professor Dumbledore wouldn't have bothered."

"We were attacked before we were approached," Ryou explained, "Dumbledore-sensei told us they were wizards. Evil wizards. He told us that they were after me. He said we'd be safe at Hogwarts."

"I told him I could protect my hikari just fine, but he insisted we go with him," growled Bakura, "When I heard he was taking us to my old school, though, I was a little less angry. I was planning on taking Ryou and getting out of here once the old man's back was turned. He never did care for me too much…" he added thoughtfully. Sirius laughed.

"He hated you, Bakura," he said, "You were more of a troublemaker than me, James, and Remus put together."

"I was good, wasn't I?"

"Um, not to be rude, but can we get back to the task at hand?" interrupted Ryou, "We're trying to figure out what's happening here."

"I'm sure everything will pan out when you get to Hogwarts," said Sirius, shrugging, "It usually does. We'll just have to wait it out."

"We go to Diagon Alley tomorrow," Harry changed the subject hastily, "You'll like it, I think, Bakura. It's a really cool place."

"I know. I've been there. My hikari went to Hogwarts, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot."

There was an awkward silence, broken only by the screeching voice of Mrs. Weasley.

"Time for lunch!"

The group, happy for a distraction, hurried out of the room and downstairs, with the exception of Bakura, who remained in his seat on the orange bed.

He didn't like this. Even though Dumbledore mistrusted him, there had to be a good reason why he brought Ryou here. He was worried. The only reason he could think of was that his hikari was in too much danger for Bakura to protect him. Dumbledore didn't trust him, that much was true, but the old man was aware of the power the Millennium Ring possessed. He'd even witnessed it himself…

Bakura shook his head to relieve himself of the memories. He didn't want to think of that. He had to think of what was endangering his hikari.

Was it Voldemort? The last time he was in England, the Dark Lord had still been in power, but according to Sirius, he'd been defeated, then restored to a body. Could he be after Ryou? It was extremely possible.

"Bakura?"

Ryou walked back into the room suddenly, looking concerned.

"Why didn't you come down to lunch with us?" he asked.

"I was just thinking," the yami replied, and his hikari sat beside him.

"About what?"

"Our situation. I'm worried. Whoever's after you must be dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt," he turned to the boy, "Ryou, I know I haven't always treated you like I should, but I truly do care about your safety."

"I know that, Bakura. I know you've changed. I forgave you a long time ago. You no longer need to apologize. The past is forgotten."

"Ryou…" Bakura stared at his hikari as though seeing him for the first time, tears in his eyes.

He wasn't sure what came over him, but Bakura suddenly found himself reaching out to run his fingers along the outline of Ryou's jaw. A warmth came over him, and he leaned over slightly. Their lips touched softly, and Ryou gasped slightly as Bakura's tongue slipped past his lips. Moaning, Bakura deepened the kiss, pulling Ryou closer. His hikari's arms wrapped around his neck. They kissed desperately, releasing a passion hidden for years…

"Hey, Ryou, what do you want for-"

They broke apart as Harry froze in the doorway, his mouth open slightly.

"Oh… I'm so sorry… I'll… come back later…"

Harry rushed out of the room, and the two albinos shared a look.

"Bakura… I…"

"No, Ryou, I need to apologize. That shouldn't have happened," he stood and began to leave the room.

"Why not?"

Bakura froze, halfway out the door, and turned to look at his hikari quizzically. The boy had tears in his eyes, and the look of love and devotion in his eyes nearly overwhelmed the yami.

"What?"

"Why shouldn't that have happened?" Ryou asked, his voice braking, "Didn't you mean it? I thought for a second that you felt the same for me as I do for you, but…" his voice trailed off.

"Ryou… Do you have actual feelings for me?" Bakura replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Of course I do. How could I not?" Smiling, the boy stood and walked to him.

"But…"

"But nothing," snapped Ryou, shaking his head, "I want you to answer my question: Why shouldn't that have happened?"

"Because…" Bakura trailed off uncertainly, "… I just don't deserve you, Ryou. I don't deserve anyone."

"You seemed to think you deserved me."

The albinos turned their heads towards the rough voice, and saw Sirius standing there, leaning against the doorway. Ryou looked at Bakura, his eyes filled with confusion.

"What does he mean?"

Strange place to end, I know, but I've not been feeling well lately. Sorry this chapter sucked. I'll try harder next chappie, when the plot really takes hold… Please review and tell me if you all want chapter three!!!

Next time: Sirius explains what happened twenty years ago, Ryou has a reason to be jealous, and the four teens take a trip to Diagon alley.