Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh Style ❯ Nice Doggy ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh style
Chapter 6: Nice Doggy

“Isis was very lucky to be able to stay away from Kaiba all these years,” Yugi said, even more fascinated with the mysterious woman.
“She seemed very important to Kaiba Corp., so they weren’t about to hurt her,” Isis’s mother offered in explanation.
“Yeah, but why now?” Mai asked.
“Isis had a little girl with her. Malik, the head of the Ghouls found them on the way here. I’m guessing that she surrendered to protect that little girl,” replied Isis’s mother.
“Was her name Rebecca?” Yugi asked.
“Isis got caught because of Rebecca?!” Honda said in shock and guilt. “Damn! It’s all my fault. Some father I turned out to be."
There was a resounding slap and Honda clutched his now red cheek. “How dare you leave a child alone at a time like that!” the older woman scolded.
“Don’t get me wrong,” Honda pleaded “It bugs me all the time. What’s gonna happen to Rebecca if something… I know I can’t excuse myself, but if I don’t do something, no one’s gonna stop this world from dying. It’s not that I don’t want to take care of her, I do, but… ARRRGH!!!! It just drives me nuts thinking about it!”
“I think I see where you’re coming from. I’m a parent myself. Why don’t you go on ahead upstairs and see her.” Honda nodded in thanks and ran up the stairs, followed by Yugi and Mai.
“Thank everything, you’re ok!” Honda said, tears streaming from his eyes as he had the blonde girl in a bear hug.
“Don’t cry Papa,” she said, “You look really ugly when you do.”
“You little brat!” he chided mockingly, then turned to Yugi. “You real set on helping Isis, ne?” the shorter teen nodded. “I owe her a lot… Well if you’re up to some Kaiba ass kickin’ so am I!”
Rebecca pulled Yugi aside as Honda started going through his equipment and supplies. “I think Isis-san likes you Yugi-chan. She was asking me all kinds of questions about you.”
“You do, do you?” he replied, blushing slightly.
“Don’t worry I won’t tell Mai-san.”
“So you all set?” Mai asked flexing her gloved hands.
“I guess so,” Yugi answered.
“Good, ‘cause I’m coming with you.”
“You know where going to Kaiba Corp. right?”
“So? Look Yugi, I’m coming with you and there’s not a damned thing you can do to stop me!”
“Suit yourself,” he said following Honda downstairs.
“I hate to go and be a bad father again, but could you…” Honda started.
“It’d be my pleasure,” their host said smiling.
“It’s a total mess out there. You’d better get her outta here and quick.”
“I think you’re right, son. Don’t worry your daughter’s in good hands.”
Once outside, Mai paused. “So exactly how the heck do we get to the Kaiba building?”
“They stopped running the train that went up there,” Honda added.
“Hmm… I wonder. How about we try snooping around Wall Market again?” she mused.
After refreshing their supplies and getting the necessary equipment needed to go up to the plate, Yugi-tachi found the cable a group of kids had said they found leading up to the more upscale areas of Domino. Nearby was a boy about ten or so.
“My friends climbed up, but it’s too scary for me,” he said to them.
“So we can climb on it,” Mai stated.
“Sure can. It goes straight up to the rich areas.”
“All right team! Let’s get our butts in gear,” Honda said, itching for a fight.
“Are you sure it’s safe?” Yugi questioned, not liking the looks of the fraying insulation.
“Look shrimp,” Honda said, annoyed. “You see any other way up there?”
“No, but this just looks like a plain old wire.”
“Yeah to you maybe, but to me it the heavenly wire to major Kaiba butt kicking!”
“Honda’s right Yugi, it’s the only way we can save Isis san.”
“All right, if we have no other choice then.”
Yugi's group climbed up, he used the Batteries to create platforms to get up to Kaiba Corp. Headquarters. After they get there.
“Hey Yug’! I just remembered something. You should know this place pretty well, ne?” Honda said looking at the huge tower like skyscraper that was Kaiba Corp.’s main HQ.
“I’ve never been to Kaiba HQ,” the smaller teen replied. “This is the first time I’ve been here.”
“Well I’ve heard that anythin’ above floor 60 is really hard to get into, even for the jerks who work here,” the brunet said, trying to think of how to go about the rest of the rescue.
“Hmm. Maybe that’s where they took Isis,” said Yugi.
“Yeah! I was thinkin’ the same thing. Ok gang, let’s kick some Kaiba butt!” Honda then proceeded for the front doors.
“I don’t believe you Honda!” Mai shouted as she yanked the gungho brunet back. “We are not going through the front!”
“But I wanna kick some Kaiba butt!!”
“No way hun. We are going to look for a better way in.”
“But if we waste anymore time, Isis’ll…”
“We’ll get caught if we rush in like this! If that happens, it’ll be over for Isis anyway!”
“Um..” Yugi said stepping between the arguing twosome. “How about if we try to sneak in?”
“See Yugi agrees with me?” the blonde said triumphantly. Honda sighed and reluctantly followed the other two AVALANCHE members to a side door leading to a very long stairwell.

After much complaining from Honda and not so much from Mai, the group had finally reached the fifty-ninth floor. “Yeesh! I’m beat!” Honda said, panting for breath. “I ain’t never gonna get a house with more than one floor again.”
“For crying out loud you big baby!” Mai scolded. “We’ve got this far so do quit on us now!”
Unfortunately for them, two guards stationed at the elevator heard Mai’s shouting. “Stop you!” one of them called.
“Oh *bleep*!” Honda said, readying for battle.

“Hey! This looks like some kind of keycard,” Mai said picking up a rectangular piece of plastic from the guard she’d just beat the living daylights out of.
“That means we’d be able to go up, I guess,” Yugi said, pressing the elevator button.

“Well we’re doing good so far,” Mai whispered as they got off at floor sixty-six.
“Hey who’s that?” Honda asked, watching a man in a white lab coat head into a room with two guards posted out side.
“Let’s find out,” Yugi said and started to sneak around the back way leading them to an empty bathroom with a broken vent grate.
AVALANCHE then proceeded to crawl through the ventilation system until they came to a ceiling grate over a room that was filled with people and the man in white Honda had seen before.
“That’s a lotta brass!” Honda whispered to the others, recognizing most of Kaiba Corp.’s execs.
“According to the damage reports from Sector 7,” said a raven haired teen with emerald eyes in a red and black suit, “the total cost of rebuilding would be…”
“Forget it! Sector 7 is staying where it is,” said Gozaburo Kaiba, eyeing the teen contemptuously.
“Nani?!!” the teen exclaimed.
“We’re going ahead with the Mega-Domino project,” president Kaiba explained smugly.
“Then the girl…”
The grin on Gozaburo’s face grew even wider. “We’ll soon control the Promised Land. I want an increase in the Mako in every area!”
A creepy looking boy with mint green hair and insect like glasses laughed gleefully at the possible wage increase. “Don’t forget my space program too, boss.”
“The extra income will be divided between you Otogi and Ms. Mazaki,” the president said, ignoring the annoying kid. A girl with short brown in a very slutty red dress winked at Otogi, making the raven haired teen wince.
“That’s not fair!” the mint haired boy whined.
“Do you think that’s wise sir?” Otogi began, “Raising the rates would only reduce costumer satisfaction.”
“Heh!” President Kaiba said, snorting. “Of course it’s wise! That will make those fools more dependent on us than ever!”
“Boss is right you know,” said a teen with spiky blond hair that looked like he’d stick his finger in an electrical outlet. “We are the ones who saved the poor citizens of Sector 7 from AVANLANCHE.”
“That *bleep*in’ *bleep!!” Honda muttered as the blond continued to laugh maniacally.
“Pegasus, has the *bleep* been secured?” Gozaburo asked a silver haired man in a red suit underneath his white lab coat.
“She is fine, Mr. Kaiba. However, I find that she appears to be weaker than her mother Kisara. But once my research is complete, I may change my hypothesis,” the man said, between sips of wine. “So far, I have only eighteen percent completed.”
Gozaburo frowned. “And just how long do you expect this research of yours to take?”
The silver haired scientist frowned. “Too long I’m afraid, Mr. Kaiba. I fear that all of us may be long gone before that happens, the specimen included.” The president swore, glaring at Pegasus. “However, I’ve come up with a brilliant plan on breeding a new species with her, one that could last a very long time while we do our research.”
“I see. But what about our search for the Promised Land? Will that interfere with your research?” Gozaburo asked.
“I don’t think so, but I still need to do much more research. Not to mention precautions, the mother was indeed strong, but still had weaknesses.”
President Kaiba frowned, but nodded in approval before rising from his seat. “That is all. Everyone back to work!”
They all followed the magenta suited man out of the conference room. The girl in red paused slightly, sniffing the air and looked briefly at the ceiling causing Yugi and company to shrink back into the shadows. “What’s that stink?” she muttered before going back to her job.
“It sounded like they were talking about Isis,” Yugi said as they made their way back to the restroom.
“Sure sounded like it,” Mai replied.
“I’m going after them.”
“I’m right behind ya, Yug’,” Honda added. “They owe us for Sector 7.”
“Pegasus... why is he so familiar?” Yugi whispered to himself as he followed his comrades up to the next floor.
“That Pegasus guy may be in charge of Kaiba’s science department, but he gives me the creeps.” Honda said, remembering the odd feeling he got while watching the silver haired man.
“I think I remember hearing about him, but I’m not sure,” Yugi commented. “He does seem kinda creepy.”
The group ducked into a nearby hallway as said scientist passed by and headed toward a glass cylindrical cage. A man with a haircut that ended in a single spike above his forehead in a matching white coat came up to him, a clipboard in his hand. “Is this today’s project, Mr. Pegasus?” he asked.
The silver haired scientist continued to smile eerily at the golden dog/panther like creature inside. “Yes. I’d like to get started as soon as possible. Send up to the next floor, Kemo.” The assistant nodded and pressed a button on the side of the cage and it shot up through a hole in the ceiling. Pegasus then followed his assistant to the next floor. “My lovely specimen,” he crooned, the eerie smile still on his face.
“Lovely specimen?!” Mai said in disgust. “Gods I hate experimenting on live animals!”
Just then Yugi noticed a large, strange metal container with a window and a name of sorts engraved at the top. “Diabound?” he asked. Curious, he lifted himself up to take a peek at the contents inside. Suddenly, the small teen let out a gasp and clutched his head as he went into a brief seizure. Before any of the others could react, he quickly shook it off picking himself off the floor. “Diabound... Bakura's... This is where they brought it,” he muttered.
“You okay, Yugi?’ Mai asked, concerned for her small friend.
“Did you look at it?”
“Look at what?” Honda asked.
“That thing in there,” he replied pointing to Diabound’s container. “It’s still alive!”
The brunet took a peak then let out a squeal. “How the *bleep* can it still be alive without it’s *bleep*in’ head?!” he asked, trying to keep the contents of his stomach from leaving.
Deciding that continuing their search would be better for their health, Yugi and company took the elevator the scientists used earlier. To their surprise, a young woman with long black hair was being held in a glass cage similar to the creature they saw just minutes before.
“That’s Isis!” Yugi gasped, recognizing his friend.
“Oh so that’s her name,” Pegasus said not bothering to turn around, a rather lustful grin on his face. “What is it you want?” he said rather annoyed that his ‘research’ was again interrupted.
“Let her go,” Yugi said, his voice strangely lower than usual.
“Oh you’re intruders,” Pegasus answered, still not turning to face them.
“Like duh!” Honda yelled.
“People covet so many useless things today,” Pegasus began only to find himself face to face with Honda’s gun-arm. “Oh my! You wish to kill me? My dear boy, that would be highly unwise. You see all this lovely equipment you see here is so fragile. If I’m not here, who’d be capable enough to work it properly?”
“Damn!” Yugi cursed.
“That’s it lads,” Pegasus said, smirking. “Let’s think things through shall we? That way annoying little messes can be avoided. Bring in my lovely specimen, Kemo,” he said to the assistant at the controls on the catwalk above.
With a nod, the man hit the switch and the creature from the previous floor entered the cage from a hidden door, growling lowly at the girl.
“N-Nice doggy” Isis stammered, trapped with her back to the glass. That however only seemed to anger the creature more.
“Pegasus! Just what do you think you’re doing!” Yugi shouted, drawing his sword.
“Oh not much,” he said sweetly. “Just lending a hand to evolution. You see, these two lovely animals here are on the brink of extinction. I’m just making sure they don’t die out.”
“Isis is a human being you sick *bleep*!!” Mai yelled in utter disgust and loathing for the scientist.
“You’re going down!!!” added Honda, only to find himself restrained by the fact that Isis was still in danger.
“Honda, there’s nothing you can do,” Yugi said, defeated. He couldn’t risk Isis’s safety just to indulge his anger.
“The heck I can!” The brunet aimed at the glass cage, intending to shatter it and releasing the woman inside.
“No don’t!” Pegasus shouted in fear, only to be knocked aside by the tall teen who then proceeded to rain bullets at the cage. “No! My lovely specimens!” Pegasus cried as the door shattered and the dog/panther creature leapt for the scientist’s throat.
“Now’s your chance, Isis!” Yugi shouted.
The raven haired woman ran to her friends then let out a shriek, distracting the creature. “What’s the matter, Isis?” Mai asked. Then Yugi let out a gasp.
“The lift under the cage is moving,” he said, eyes wide.
Pegasus, who had managed to escape, laughed maniacally. “This is a very ferocious specimen. Say hello to my precious Thousand Eyes Restrict!” with that he ran off to who knows where.
“You’re gonna need my help,” the strange dog/panther creature said turning to face the hideous monster, “It’s a tough sucker!”
“The dog thing talks?!” Mai said in surprise.
“This ain’t the time for dis, babe,” the former specimen shot back, dodging an attack from Pegasus’ ‘pet’.
“Mai get Isis out of here! We’ll take care of this thing,” Yugi shot at the blonde.
“Right! I’m counting on you… um what’s your name anyway?”
“Pegasus calls me Puppy,” the dog/panther replied. “I really hate tho.”
“Well how about we call you Thirteen?” Isis said, noticing the Roman numeral XIII tattooed on the creature’s left flank.
“I really don’ care what ya call me babe, jes as long as it ain’t Puppy,” he replied.
“Less talkin’ more fightin’!!!” Honda yelled back as he and Yugi fought off the monster.

Minutes Later:
“You okay, Isis?” Yugi asked, glancing over the woman with great concern.
“Oh she’s fine,” Mai muttered in jealousy.
“I say she is,” XIII added with a goofy grin, “Though she ain’t my type. I ain’t inta two-legged babes.”
“Hey just what the heck are ya? Some kinda a freaky cat dog?” Honda asked.
“I ain’t a dog!” XIII spat angrily at the insult. “My kind doesn’t have a word for what I am. Anyway, it doesn’t matter ‘cause we’ve gotta get outta here!” He then ran down the hall toward the nearest stairwell.
“I knew you’d come for me Yugi,” Isis said, brushing a hand over the gold necklace she wore.
“Um.. sorry ‘bout scarin’ ya back there,” XIII said. “I was tryin’ ta fool that sicko.”
“Yo team!” Honda said, “Let’s blow this freakshow!”
“Not so fast Honda,” Yugi said, stopping in front of the eager brunet. “If we all keep going, we’ll just attract more unwanted attention. I think we should split up.”
“I agree,” said XIII. “So who goes with who?”
“I’m going with Yugi,” Mai said before Isis could open her mouth.
“Honda, you go with Isis and keep her safe,” Yugi said, glancing carefully around the hall.
“Right! Meetcha at the elevator on the sixty-sixth floor.”
“Don’t be late, Yugi,” Isis said giggling as she followed the taller brunet down to their destination.

TBC



Sakura: Whoooo!! Six chappies done!!! Thanks Nobuo Uematsu-sama for making such inspiring music!!!
Jou: Well good fer you! How could ya make me a dog thingy?!! ;_;
Red XIII: I am not a ‘dog thingy.’ -_-
Seto: Come on, mutt. Everyone knows you’re perfect for that part.
Jou: Why does everyone haveta be mean to me?!! ;_;
Sakura: Aww, the poor widdle puppy wuppy needs a hug!
Jou: Eeeeeyyyyyyaaaaaaa! Get ‘er offa me!!
Bakura: I think that’s enough ‘hugs’ onna.
Sakura: Aww, but Bakura-sama.. ;_;
Bakura: (glares at the miko)
Sakura: Eeep!
Jou: Thanks ‘kura!
Bakura: I didn’t do it for you mutt.
Jou: Hey!
Yami: Don’t you start again Jou. No telling what she’ll do.
Sakura: (Glares at the baka pharaoh) Anywhoo, tell me whatcha think minna. Pwetty Pweese? I neeeeeeed feedback!!!