Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh Style ❯ An Ancient's Past ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh style
Chapter 5: An Ancient’s Past

“Rebecca! REBECCA!! REB---EC---CA!! Biggs! Jessie!!” Honda screamed, angry and frustrated at being unable to help any of those he cared for.
“Honda…” Yugi began in an attempt to console the taller teen.
“Honda!” Mai cried as the brunet continued to slam his fist into the pile of debris that was now Sector 7.
“Hey!” Yugi said, grabbing onto the much taller teen.
“Honda stop it!” Mai pleaded.
“*bleep!!!!* Rebecca...” Honda slid down, tears sliding down his cheeks.
“Um… I think she’s ok, Honda,” Mai said softly.
“Nani? (What?)” Honda asked.
“Just before they took her away, Isis said ‘It’s ok! She’s safe!’ I think she was talking about Rebecca.”
“Y-You think so?”
“Yeah.”
“Biggs...... Jessie......”
“All your friends were there,” Yugi said quietly. Too devastated to feel anything at the moment.
“I know that you *bleepin’* baka! I just can’t believe they’re all gone!”
“And everyone in Sector 7…” Mai quietly added.
“They killed a whole neighborhood just to get at us!” Honda yelled. “This is sooo *bleep*ed up!!”
“So you’re saying it’s our fault that all those people died?” Mai asked.
“Of course it ain’t!” Honda yelled back. “It ain’t nobody’s fault but Kaiba Corp.! They're evil! and our planet’s dying ‘cause of them! Just to... get power and get rich! If we don't stop them, it’s sayonara planet! I ain’t gonna stop ‘til I’ve gotten every single one of ‘em!”
“It won’t be easy,” Mai said.
“Think I can’t do it?” Honda spat, glaring at Mai.
“No! It’s just that I’m not so sure about myself anymore,” she replied looking down.
“What the heck you mean by that Mai?”
Yugi wanting to be alone, started walking away from the other two. “Oi! Where you going Yug’?
“Isis…” Mai whispered thinking of the strange woman she’d met only a few hours ago.
“Oh forgot about that babe!” Honda said. “Who was she anyway?”
“Just some lady who helped Yugi when he fell from the reactor. Anyway, I told her to get Rebecca out of the bar.”
“*bleep!* I can’t do jack about Rebecca!”
Mai grabbed Honda and started after Yugi. “You take me to Rebecca right now!” Honda yelled grabbing hold of the shorter teen’s shirt.
“You’re going after Isis right?” Mai asked, guessing her friend’s plan.
“Yeah, but tell me one thing Mai.”
“What Yugi?”
“It’s about the Ancient Ones…”

Flashback/Vision
Yugi heard a mysterious dark voice echoing. “I have the blood of the Ancient Ones in me. I am the rightful heir to this planet.”
“Bakura?” Yugi asked.

End Flashback/Vision

Yugi had collapsed again. “Yugi! You okay?” Mai asked helping him back up.
“Pull yourself together man!” Honda said also helping. Yugi refused to say anything and began to lead them toward Isis’s house in Sector 6.

“Your name is Yugi, right?” Isis’s mother asked once they had settled in. “I suppose you know what happened to my daughter.”
“I’m really sorry ma’am…” Yugi said lowering his head. “Kaiba Corp. got her.”
“I know. She was here when they took her away,” the woman replied.
“They came here?” the small teen asked shocked.
The woman nodded. “Don’t feel bad, it’s what Isis wanted.”
“Um not to be disrespectful, but why was Kaiba Corp. so set on getting her?” Yugi asked.
“She’s one the Ancient Ones,” Isis’ mother replied solemnly. “The very last one to be exact.”
“What the?!” Honda exclaimed. “Aren’t you her mom?”
“No. At least not biologically. It was about fifteen years ago I think.. during the war. My husband had just been sent to the front at some place called Wutai.

Flashback
A young woman in a plain dress stood on the train platform, a letter in her hand. After standing and waiting for hours, she sadly left. Day after day, the woman would stand and wait at the platform watching couples embrace as they were reunited. And day after day, she left alone.
One day, a pale skinned woman with bluish white hair and ice blue eyes got off the train, a little girl with black hair and blue eyes clutching her dress. The young woman gasped as the strange and beautiful woman collapsed suddenly. She rushed over to help and saw that she had been injured badly and was coughing up blood. “Please take Isis to a safe place,” the white haired woman pleaded just as she breathed her last.
The young woman sadly closed the stranger’s eyes then turned to the child. “Your momma’s gone to heaven, little one. But I’ll be glad if you let me be your new momma.” The girl looked at her mother’s body one last time, as if deciding or saying her goodbyes. The woman could tell. The girl turned back to her then calmly took her hand. “My name’s Isis,” she said “What’s yours?”

End Flashback

“Isis and I became close very quickly. How she loved to talk,” the now much older woman said smiling at the fond memories, “She would talk for hours on end. She told me everything that happened to her. She said that her and her mother had escaped from some kind of research laboratory somewhere. But the strangest thing is that even though she was alone, Isis not once ever said she felt lonely even though her mother had ‘return to the planet’ as she put it.
“Returned to the planet?” Honda asked.
“I’m not really sure what that means. I asked her once if she meant a star, but she said it was this planet. She was such a strange child.”

Flashback
“’Ka-san. Please don't cry,” a little girl with long black hair and blue eyes said suddenly, startling her mother.
“What’s wrong Isis? What makes you think I’m crying?” the woman asked confused by the girl’s words.
“The person you love has just died. He wanted to see you, but he has already returned to the planet.” Isis replied.

A few days later, a couple soldiers came to their door, bearing a letter and a duffle bag. The woman didn’t have to open the letter. She knew why they were there. Her husband was dead.
Years go by and the girl grew into a beautiful young woman. One day there was a knock at the door and the mother gasped when a young man with spiky platinum blond hair barged in as she answered the knocking.
“Give us the girl, onna (woman). We’ve spent alotta time looking for her and we’re not leaving without her,” the man said, a couple soldiers flanked his sides, ready for anything.
“No way!” the girl spat defiantly.
The blond smirked and leered at her. “You should be proud. You’ve got special blood under that pretty skin of yours. After all your mother was one of the Ancient Ones.” The girl backed away further, wishing she would just disappear, leaving her adoptive mother safe. “I’ve heard that the Ancient Ones were going to take us to paradise. She’d be able to do that for all of you slum dwellers. That’s why Kaiba-sama wants you…”
“I’m not one of them!” denied Isis.
“Is that so? Then why do you hear voices when nobody’s around?”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

End Flashback

Tsuzuku (TBC)


Sakura: I know it’s not much, but I kept my promise. It’s a longer chappie.

Yami: You’re right it’s not much.

Sakura: Oh shut it baka pharaoh! You’d better kiss my Miko butt ‘cause I’m still miffed at you for what you did to poor Yu-chan during that whole Dartz thing.

Yami: I had no choice but to play that damned card and you know it!

Sakura: Tell it to Osiris!!! I’m not talking to you any more! (storms off)

Yugi: Matte Sakura-san!!!

Ryou: Umm… sorry about that minna. I guess it’s up to me to finish this, so um, could you please tell her what you think of this so far? She loves getting reviews.