Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh Style ❯ Goodbyes ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Final Fantasy 7 - Yu-Gi-Oh style
Chapter 4: Goodbyes

Yugi woke to find himself face down in sewer water. ‘Great. Just Great,’ he thought as he pushed himself up and went to check on the girls.
“Are you okay?” he asked the nearest of the two.
“This is just disgusting,” Mai said, not too fond of sewer water either.
“At least we got away from that disgusting man,” Isis commented. Mai was about to complain some more, when suddenly a huge monster appeared from around the corner, causing a mini tsunami to come crashing towards them, making escape impossible.

After a fierce battle, the group wiped the sweat and monster guts off. Mai sighed, hanging her head. “It’s too late…. All those people… Honda… Rebecca…”
“How can you give up so easily?” Isis asked. “A pillar that big can’t be easy to break, ne?”
“You’re right Isis! We may still have time!” With that, the blonde woman dashed through the sewers, the other two close behind. They didn’t have far to go and soon made there way to the abandoned Train Graveyard near Sector 7.
“Isis-san… I’m sorry to have gotten you mixed up in all this,” Yugi said, feeling guilty.
“Well, I’m certainly not going home,” the dark skinned woman said firmly.
“The good thing is that the pillar’s just beyond these trains,” Mai said in hopes to perk her short friend up slightly.
“Thank all the kami we made it! The pillar’s still here!” Mai said after having to fight her way through the graveyard.
“Hold on, Mai!” Yugi said holding her back. “I think I hear something from up there.”
“Sounds like… gunfire?” Isis said, listening as well.
Suddenly, there was a yell and a body came plummeting from the top of the pillar. Yugi recognized it as the roly-poly boy who had tried to befriend him during his first mission.
“Hey! You okay, pal?” Yugi asked going over to the barely alive boy.
“It’s you Yugi! You remembered me,” the boy said smiling, “Honda’s still up there! You gotta help him!” Yugi nodded then motioned Isis over.
“You take care of him, I’m going up there!” With that he sprung up the staircase, taking the steps two at a time.
“Isis, can you do something for me? There’s a bar called 7th Heaven. There’s a little girl named Rebecca inside…”
“I understand. I know the perfect place where she’ll be safe.”
The blonde began to shout orders to the people staring to gather, hastily explaining before heading up after Yugi. She was able to catch up to him just as they saw Biggs, another fellow member from the first mission, get shot and fall.
“If it isn’t… Mr. ‘I don’t care… what happens… to the Planet,” Biggs gasped seeing Yugi.
“Still don’t,” Yugi said, trying to lighten the mood a bit. He could see that the man’s time was up.
“You’ll never change,” Biggs said, coughing up blood then closing his eyes for the last time.
There was no time to mourn as the redheaded girl, Jessie, was shot as well. She smiled when she saw the short teen. “Hello… Yugi…kun… glad… you’re… ok.”
“I’ve been worse.”
“Always… so cool. I like that… in a guy.” Mai bowed her head as Yugi gingerly closed Jessie’s eyes.
Yugi cursed Kaiba Corp. under his breath as he continued his way up to the top platform, not bothering to look back. When they reached the final landing, Honda was already firing at one of Kaiba’s helicopters.
“Yug! Mai! Watch it! They’re firing from the chopper!” the tall brunet yelled when he saw who had come up.
“It’s go time!” Mai shouted as someone left the helicopter. A boy about Yugi’s age with extremely spiky platinum blond hair strode toward the middle of the platform and began fiddling with the controls.
“You fools are too late!” he said flipping the cape he wore, smirking evilly. “This baby’s all set to blow. Well my work here’s finished so ja ne!” He then pressed a final button then headed back to the helicopter, laughing like a madman all the way.
“Yugi! Honda! We’ve got to stop this thing!” Mai yelled dashing to the controls.
“Sorry, my dear. But no one gets in the way of me and my Ghouls,” the blond teen said, readying himself to fight them.
After a few minutes, the blond blew Mai a kiss then dashed into the helicopter, escaping.
“Damn you! Get back here!” Mai yelled. Realizing she had more pressing problems, she began to fiddle with the controls. “Hey Yugi! You know how to stop it?” she called, unable to make heads or tails of the myriad of buttons.
“This isn’t your run of the mill bomb,” Yugi said noticing the complex mess of wires. He was about to say that he didn’t know how to disarm the bomb when the helicopter suddenly came closer to them. The side door opened and a smaller version of the blond they just fought leaned out slightly.
“Of course it isn’t,” he said a cruel smirk on his face, “It’ll be hard to disarm if your face is missing from touching it.”
“Stop this madness!!” Mai yelled, her hands curled into fists.
The blond laughed. “Only a Kaiba Corp. exec can disarm that thing!”
“Shut it!” Honda yelled, shooting at him only to miss completely.
“By all means go ahead and keep shooting. That is if you don’t mind hurting my very special guest.” The blond slid the door open further to reveal.
“Oh no! Isis!!” Mai yelled recognizing the black haired woman tied up beside the boy.
“So you’ve met?” The blond asked, still smirking, “You’ll have to thank me for letting you see each other one last time.”
“What do you want Isis-san for?” Yugi shouted over the propeller blades.
“Beats me,” the blond replied. “Our orders were to bring the last of the Ancient Ones back to Kaiba Corp. Forgive me if I can’t stay and chat, but I do have a report to make.”
“Mai!” Isis yelled, “It’s ok! She’s safe!”
“Quiet you!” the blond said, slapping her.
“Isis!” Mai shouted.
“Forget about me!” she yelled back, “Just get out!”
The blond teen looked at his watch. “Well it’s almost time for the fireworks. Think you can make on time?” With that, he slammed the helicopter door and it flew away from the pillar just as a part of the platform and pillar blew off.
“Anyone up to playin’ Tarzan?” Honda asked noticing a huge wire hanging nearby. There was no time for answers as the tall boy grabbed his two companions and swung from the wire. They had made it to safety just as the rest of the pillar exploded and Sector 7’s plate came crashing down, destroying everything underneath.

Gozaburo Kaiba looked out his office window, a satisfied smirk on his face as he watched the destruction, his favorite opera playing softly in the background.


Tsuzuku (TBC)


Sakura: Yeah, yeah I know it’s short, but I’ve had one hectic winter.

Bakura: For once she’s not lying.

Sakura: Bakura-sama!!! Anyway, I apologize for the short chappie this time minna-sama. But I will make the next one longer. So please be kind when you leave me reviews. Jya ne!!!