Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ hell from above the Cloudians ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Everyone was headed towards the exit of the fun park and Jam had just rejoined the rest of the crew. "I like how my turnout went today." said Cappy.
"I was two for six." said Dexter.
"I was four for six."
"Nice, Cappy." said Stan. "Any ultimates?"
"Just my Goblin Black Ops."
"I got that as a regular rare." said Hamtaro. "Not bad, for another set of Goblins."
"I got a Necroface." said Dexter.
"Not bad, but it doesn't beat my Dragon Ice." said Stan.
"My Necroface is a secret rare." Dexter took a little offense.
"So is Dragon Ice, but my dragon is special."
"How special?"
"Because it was one of three cards made by three powerful duelists. It came from the mind of a powerful duelist, and a card made from the mind of a powerful duelist is great."
 
"Great, I managed to catch you guys before you left." Sparkle said as she ran up to the gang. "Man, Petal that was bad. I never thought you would get your ass whooped so bad in a duel."
"Sparkle, you are not helping!" shouted Bijou.
"Then you talk to Petal, she is your student."
"Petal deserved her loss, enough said."
"Isn't that a bit harsh, Bijou?" asked Pashmina.
"No. Our dueling today was with and only with ze new cards. But what was your response, Petal? New cards won't work here. Not only did you not listen to me, you also went against our game plan."
"You're only saying that because I lost." Petal said to defend herself.
Bijou shook her head. "I was disappointed in you for dueling against Kirika, not for losing to her. Even if you had won, my disappointment in you would still remain."
"You know what, you obviously don't get how strong these Rexchus are. They wiped the floor with everyone, except for four duelists. But you wanna get on me for trying to defend what is ours..."
"Valiant you were trying to be, foolish is what you became."
"You know what, I understand the whole 'understand and communicate with your cards' deal, but I can't do that unless I duel with them."
Bijou shook her head. "Ready your deck, Petal. We'll duel before we step foot out of ze fun park."
Boss wasn't pleased with this. "Bijou, you don't even have a deck." he said.
"Worry not, I have a few cards with me. I just need two minutes and I'll have a deck ready for play."
 
With this, Bijou was readying her cards and in two minutes, made a deck. "You really shouldn't be dueling right now, Bijou." advised Hamtaro.
"I will deal with my stubborn apprentice my way." said Bijou.
"But what about not dueling?" asked Boss.
"Watch and learn, Boss. And you pay attention as well, Cappy and Penelope. This is going to be a lesson in adaptability." Bijou said and finished shuffling her deck. "Could I burrow someone's duel disk for ze lesson?"
"Here, you can use mine." said Pashmina as she removed her deck, then gave her duel disk to Bijou.
"Ah, merci." Bijou took her makeshift deck and placed it in the card holder.
Petal was stunned. "Do you even have enough cards in this impromptu deck of yours?" she asked.
"Of course." Bijou drew her hand. "Now when you draw your hand, I will start your lesson."
"Fine." Petal finished shuffling and drew her hand. A few spare cards that make a deck in two minutes? She must be using the new cards.
"Now let's begin, and pay attention to this lesson as well, Cappy and Penelope."
"Watching." said Cappy, Hermana and Penelope.
This should be interesting. thought Jam.
"I will make ze first move." said Bijou as she made the opening draw. "I'll start with Summon Cloud. Zis spell will allow me to special summon a low level Cloudian, and I special summon Cloudian - Smoke Ball in defense mode." and Bijou's monster appeared on the field (200/600). "I'll summon another Cloudian - Smoke Ball in attack mode, because zhey don't like being alone. One card face down and my last card will be Lucky Cloud. Since I summoned two Cloudians of ze same name, I draw two cards. It's your turn." Bijou drew two cards.
"You are using the new cards." said Petal.
"Already scared, what a sad girl..."
"It'll take more than two puffs of smoke to scare me." Petal said as she drew. "I'll set two cards face down and summon Royal Knight (1300/800). Now attack the attacking Smoke Ball."
"Reveal my face down Fog Control. I'll sacrifice that Cloudian that you're attacking to activate this spell." The mentioned Cloudian - Smoke Ball is offered up, but it turns into small fog balls. "Those three puffs are fog counters and I will place them on your Royal Knight."
"No matter, I'm still going to attack a puff of Smoke." Petal continued her attack and destroyed Bijou's defending Smoke Ball. "And as you know, the 600 DEF points of your puff ball are added to my life points <8600>. Your turn."
Bijou draws. "I will now activate my Summon Cloud again, but I'll special summon zis card. My Cloudian - Sheep Cloud in defense mode (0/0). Now, I'll bring out Cloudian - Ghost Fog (0/0) and end my turn."
Two monsters with nothing... it nullifies my monster's effect. Petal draws. "Royal Knight, attack the Ghost Fog."
 
Cloudian - Ghost Fog is destroyed. "Luckily for me, battles involving Cloudian - Ghost Fog result in no life point loss <8000>."
"I wasted my attack...."
"Not really, my Ghost Fog will now distribute more fog counters equal to your monsters level."
"Great, three more puffs of fog." the new counters attach to the Royal Knight. "Just move."
Bijou draws. "I play Cloudian Squall and end my turn."
Petal draws. "I summon Dancing Fairy (1700/1000). Royal Knight, destroy the Sheep Cloud."
Good. thought Bijou.
"So long, puffballs."
When the Cloudian - Sheep Cloud was cut by the Royal Knight's sword, it turned into two small clouds (0/0 x2). "Hey, her monster split in half." said Cappy.
"Not exactly, it just turned into two Cloudian Tokens." Bijou explained. "No direct shot for your Dancing Fairy."
"So what, they'll still attack your Cloudian Token." said Petal as her second monster attacked a token. "I will now play Mystical Space Typhoon and destroy your Summon Cloud spell." Summon Cloud is destroyed. "One card down and that's my turn."
Bijou draws. "Now my Cloudian Squall activates." Three fog counters appear and cling to both of Petal's monsters and the Cloudian Token. "Showtime, Petal. I sacrifice my Cloudian Token and summon Cloudian - Nimbusman." Clouds formed on the field and they created a monster (1000/1000). "Now here's the good part, each sacrifice for Nimbusman gives him a Fog Counter..." one fog counter is placed on Cloudian - Nimbusman. "And Nimbusman gains 500 ATK points for every fog counter on the field, which there are nine counters (5500 ATK). Nimbusman, destroy Dancing Fairy."
"Oh shit..."
 
Strong winds blew and the Dancing Fairy was destroyed, blowing away a nice chunk of Petal's life points <4800>. "Ouch, that was a hit." said Penelope.
"Since one counter is now gone, Nimbusman loses 500 ATK points (5000 ATK)." Bijou said. "I will place this card face down and end my turn."
Petal draws. "Time to deal with that cloud. I sacrifice my Royal Knight and summon Majestic Mech - Ohka (2400/1400). The bad news for you is that seven Fog Counters are gone, as are 3500 ATK points from Nimbusman (1500 ATK). Ohka, destroy Nimbusman!"
The attack of Majestic Mech - Ohka hits, but Cloudian - Nimbusman is still on the field. "Nimbusman isn't destroyed in battle, but I still lose life points." said Bijou <7100>.
"Your turn." Petal wraps up her move.
Bijou draws. "Now for Cloudian Squall to take place." Two fog counters appeared and each one placed themselves on the monsters on the field. "With two more counters, Nimbusman gains 1000 ATK points (2500 ATK). Now I will summon Cloudian - Altus (1300/0). Now Altus gains a fog counter for each Cloudian monster I have on ze field and I have two..." the counters attach to Bijou's new monster. "Also, Nimbusman gets powered up by the counters as well (3500 ATK) and this ends my turn."
Petal draws. "Bijou's stacking up ATK points for her Nimbusman by placing those stupid puffs of fog on every monster. Nimbusman can't be destroyed by battle, but why is Altus in atack mode? Perhaps that cloud can't be destroyed in battle as well... Let's me see... Cloudian Squall places a puff of fog on every monster on the field, which will make that Nimbusman 1500 ATK points stronger. She also has one card face down, making my attack possibly backfire on me." Petal looks in her hand. "Now I'll play Advanced Ritual Art. I'll remove my two Spirit of the Harps in my deck and send them to my graveyard and ritual summon Ruin, Queen of Oblivion (2300/2000). Ruin, attack Cloudian - Altus."
 
Ruin attacks the big cloud and it still stands <6100>. "Looks like this Cloudian can't be destroyed in battle either." said Cappy.
"I guess so." said Penelope.
"I knew this duel would be interesting." said Jam.
 
"Ohka, attack Altus." Penelope continued her attack and the same result occurs <5000>. "Your move."
"I see." said Bijou as she draws. "Cloudian Squall, counters please." four counters appear and cling to every monster. "2000 ATK points are added to Nimbusman (5500 ATK). I will now play A Legendary Ocean."
"A legendary Ocean?" Petal was stunned.
"Oui, yes. Cloudians are Water elemental monsters, so one level is taken away and my Cloudians gain a boost up (5700/1200, 1500/200). I'll place one monster in defense mode and end my turn."
Petal draws. "Just what I needed. I'll sacrifice Ruin and Ohka and summon Majestic Mech - Goryu." and Petal brings out the big guns again (2900/1800). "Three counters were lost, so Nimbusman loses 1500 ATK points (4200 ATK). The key to your cloud known as Nimbusman is the fact that it needs puffs of fog to be formidable, but otherwise, that monster is worthless. Now Goryu, attack her face down monster." and Petal's monster does just that.
"Well, you messed up. I do lose life points, but I will now explain what you just destroyed. It's my Cloudian - Poison Cloud (200/1200). I lose 1700 life points <3300>, but it's a small price to pay. You see, Poison Cloud works like Jam's Exploder Dragon, so say farewell to your monster. However, ze poison also takes effect here."
The angray poisonous Cloudian destroys Majestic Mech - Goryu and red mist appears all over Petal. "What the hell is..." Petal was cut off and began to cough.
"Poisonus gas." Bijou began to explain. "Zis poison takes 800 life points from you."
"Crud." Petal coughed as she took damage <4000>. After the gas cleared, she continued her move. "I place a monster in defense mode and end my turn."
Bijou draws. "And Cloudian Squall takes place once again, adding fog to my two monsters, plus 1000 points for Nimbusman (5200 ATK). I'll now reveal my face down Heavy Storm."
"No..."
 
All spell and trap cards are destroyed, leaving Petal her defending monster. "Well, ze bad news is my Cloudians lose the boost of A Legendary Ocean (5000/1000, 1300/0). "Now I will prepare to end our duel. Altus, destroy her face down monster." Bijou's monster attacks, revealing Petal's face down Banisher of the Radiance (1600/0).
"And due to its effect, my Banisher of the Radiance is removed from play." Petal said sadly as she removed her monster.
"Nimbusman, blow away the rest of Petal's life points."
And with strong winds, Petal's duel blows over.
"Not a bad duel for a bunch of clouds." said Jam.
"Bijou, you're amazing." said Pashmina.
"No, not really." said Bijou.
Petal fell to her knees. "I lost again, but to sneak preview monsters this time..." she began to cry.
Petal.... she didn't need this in a way. thought Cappy.
Bijou removed her makeshift deck and returned Pashmina's duel disk. "Even against new cards, you lost." she told Petal "I bet you zey work now, huh?"
"How were you able to beat me with new cards?"
"It's called adaptability. Cloudians are mostly Fairy monsters, with the exception of a few, but fairies are the primary type of zem. As a Duel Angel, I understand all Fairy monsters, a trait I learned while developing my title. One can cummunicate without dueling by simpling understanding ze monsters and reading how each one works. You didn't listen not only to myself, but you also didn't listen to Boss. I will not teach who will not listen to my voice. So continue to duel with your monsters, but I won't be guiding you any longer.
 
"Until furzher notice, I won't teach you at all. Hamtaroo, let's go home."
"Right, Bijou." said Hamtaro.
"I'm pleased to know zat you learned from my lesson."
"No problem, Bijou." said Cappy.
"Yeah." added Hermana and Penelope.
"Not you three, Kirika."
The hams looked around, but all that was caught was a rustling in the bushes. We were being tailed. thought Boss.
Kirika ran back towards Nazaruda and the other Rexchus. "You didn't have to spy on them, their match was seen throughout the fun park." said Seifa.
"That was impressive, even with the new monsters." said Nazaruda.
"It was good, but that strategy wouldn't work against me." said Kirika.
"You've got your work cut out for you, though." said Locke. "If Bijou can duel well with those new cards, you might want to reconsider your claim of best Fairy duelist."
"Even so, I won't lose to her."
"Let's leave, our observations are done here." said Seifa.