Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ a colourful moment ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This one... well, let's call this a Duel Dorm moment.

In this installment, I want to talk about the colors of the dorms. If you're a duelist, the dorms of the Duel Academies shouldn't be unfamiliar to you, nor should their colors be. However, I figure that I will note the colors in this segment before I go on with the story:

Slifer students wear the red clothing with white trim; Ra students wear the yellow clothing with the white trim; Obelisk students (aside from Chazz and graduate Zane) wear the blue clothing with the white trim. So what about the other clothing? Well, I'll start with Necrophade Black. As you know, their cloaks from the Shadow Clan were black, but unlike the main three dorms, Necrophade Black won't have a white trim on their clothing. I have another color in mind for them, but I havent decided yet. Now, Forbidden Brown's colors didn't have the white trim on their brown either, but the color is a lighter brown and the trim is a mineral orange (and mineral orange is a bit brighter than the light brown. But why this color scheme? Well, if you look at certain effect monster cards, you'll see why. In the beginning, effect monsters are orange. However, some effect monster cards are brown. The perfect example of this is.... Elemental Hero Bladedge. When he debuted in the Elemental Energy set (entry 007), This super/ultimate rare card was brown. Now compare it to the Bladedge that came from the Jaden Yuki 2 set... the The Jaden 2 Bladedge has the orange color code to it instead of the brown color code. Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Each of these dorms have color coded clothing that are worn to each duelist under them (in some extent). There will be one more dorm color later on in the series, but that dorm will be explained later. Just know that there's more to each of these Houses than what you've seen and read about.