Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ tension ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When the press conference was over, Pegasus and his newfound dueling group had a chat. "So, I trust everything went well as far as you being accustomed to this new place." said Pegasus.
"The media crap was a bit too forward for my tastes, but I'll manage." answered Hilde.
"I like this new diggs, pretty state of the art." said Tyrone.
"Better than what I can produce, that's for sure." said Rufus.
"And is everyone content with what they've recieved out of their booster packs?" asked Pegasus
"There aren't any fire monsters in this set. What a shame, I can't improve on the monsters I use." answered Tyrone.
"Shut up, Tyrone." said Aqua. "You got your own box of the new set and you want to complain about it? You're an ungrateful louth."
"At least you have monsters you can work with."
"As do I." said Rufus. "This new set helps me prepare for my rematch with a certain duelist."
"Moving on, how are our other ventures going?" asked Hiei.
 
Pegasus was slightly amused. "I take it that you mean those cloaks of yours." he said. "Very well, actually. Your new attires will be done with shortly."
"So why else are we here?" asked Blaze.
"Because I want to show you these things, so gather in closely."
 
The members of Necrophade Black went in close as Pegasus pulled out a briefcase. It was sooned opened and its contents revealed to Hiei and his crew. "Wait a minute, are these..." Max was at a loss for words.
"Yes." Pegasus answered. "These are the cards that I'm having everyone vote on... Rather, these are the first prints of them, anyway. I have the original prints of these monsters in my own private safekeeping. I figure that I've helped Hamtaro and his friends out so well, that I will help you all out as well."
"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Kerin.
"Simple, little Kerin. You duelists can't simply exist by your lonesome selves, as there is strength in numbers. And your numbers are fewer than the numbers of Forbidden Brown." Pegasus decided to give specific cards of this set to certain few duelists of Hiei's party. "Now you can premier these cards personally, even though I won't began releasing them until January 2008 for the general public. Which means that you will get the first shot at these monsters."
"Perfect, I've got a new twist on life now." said Tyrone. "Now I'm really gonna burn through duelists."
"But don't get too carried away." said Pegasus.
Croquet approaches Pegasus and the duelists. "Pardon my intrusion, but your 'threads' as you young folk call them have arrived." he stated.
"New, upgraded fatigues... I guess it's time everyone to begin our new dueling lives as duelists of Necrophade Black." said Hiei.
"Well said." said Pegasus.
"This way, duelists. It's time to sport your new colors and begin your new dueling stats." said Croquet.
Hiei and the duelists of Necrophade Black follow and with this, begins the opening of a new chapter in the lives of the former Shadow Clan.
*
 
The next day, Cappy was going through his cards while in his cage. His owners were away, but he knew how to take care of himself. "Man, this is bad. I really need a high powered monster, but I don't have any." Cappy was still feeling bad about his incompleted deck. Though his cards were ready to go, he still craved for a little muscle in his deck. "It's hopeless, I guess I don't have any other high powered monsters for my deck..."
"Cappy!" Cappy looked out the open window and saw Petal waiting outside. "Hey, are you ready yet? You better not be sick!"
"On my way out, Petal!" Cappy called out. He got up and headed to collect his duel disk when he made a mess of his cards. "Aw man, my cards..." This seemingly dubbed accident turned out to be a blessing, as he managed to find what he was looking for. It wasn't as strong as the other high level monsters, but he had something. "Oh wow, I forgot all about you." he said quietly to himself. "Please forgive me.... but don't worry, I won't forget about you ever again." Cappy took the card and sleeved it, then placed it with his deck. Afterwards, he left his cage and joined Petal in their walk. I'm going to need you now, don't let me down too much. he thought.
"Are you okay?" asked Petal.
"I'm fine, now that I found her." Cappy answered.
"Who is the 'her' that you're referring to?"
"My Phoenix."
"What Phoenix?"
"Nephthys."
"Nephthys... as in Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys?"
"Yup."
"Oh."
"She's not as strong as my other guys, but she'll do."
 
With that, Cappy and Petal went to the fun park. It was at this time that the two decided to hit up the fun park since it was a date that the two had agreed upon for quite some time. They would've went sooner, but theme parks aren't open year round. However, it's open now for the holiday season and for the dueling season. "This is pretty nice, just some private time for two." said Petal.
"Uh, yeah. This is our moment at last..." Cappy managed to say.
Petal looked at her date as they walked. "Is something the matter?"
"I'm just nervous, as this is our first date."
"That is true."
Nice save, Cappy. And luckily for you, Petal bought it. The two managed to grab a carrot stew and had a good eat. "Cappy, have you ever thought about... courting?" asked Petal.
"Uh, I really don't feel comfortable mentioning that sort of thing on our date." Cappy answered.
"Oopsie. I'm just mad because when I was with Hiei, I would often catch him and Aqua in that rather unseen position."
"Petal...."
"I guess I'm just, as Maxwell would say, sexually frustrated. I'm tired of seeing this sort of thing. And the fact that Panda and Rei go at it like there's no-"
"Subject change, please!"
Cappy had obviously heard enough of this sort of thing, but it was at that moment when he realized the damage he just caused. "Forgive me, I didn't mean to yell." he apologized.
"It's okay, I sort of deserved it." Petal said a bit sad. "You did mention you weren't comfortable with that."
 
Cappy sighed. ".....You aren't the only one who has to go through that sort of thing."
"You mean the unintentional..."
"Yeah. It really sucks, especially when you can't vent it out."
"Oh... Now I understand why he wasn't comfortable with talking about it. He's probably sexually frustrated like I am... maybe even more than I am. Anyway, Bijou was telling me about your monster, Sengenjin. You must treasure that card a lot."
"Some rare cards people want to keep until they find extras of, but I seriously don't think I'll find another one of these cards."
"And if you do?"
"Than I'll put that one up for safekeeping."
"That's pretty smart."
"It's like when we found out about the secret rares returning to the sets from Strike of Neos. Some of those cards will probably never be obtained as extras to most duelists. So they play with them instead, which I can't really blame them, secret rare cards from a set are hard to obtain."
"Yeah." Petal then noticed a break in the bushes. "Follow me."
"Hey, w-w-w-wait up."
 
Cappy barely managed to keep up with Petal, and was happy when she stopped. "Man, you run quickly for someone your size." said Cappy.
"Don't we all have to be quick to avoid dangerous things?" asked Petal.
"Point taken. Wait a minute, this place is familiar...."
"It should be, this is where we entered the blimp and made it to the finals last tournament."
"Oh yeah...."
Petal was looking around, but saw no one. "Anyway, I had something I figured I'd concede to."
"O-kay..."
Petal started walking to a rock. "Cappy, since we probably won't get another private moment to ourselves, I might as well get this over with." and positioned herself over the rock.
"There better be a reason for being like that, Petal." Cappy was somewhat confused.
"Take me, Cappy. I really like you a lot, but this whole 'situation' problem is too much for me. Just like it is for you, so come and vent yourself out."
"Uh..."
"Don't make me wait, Cappy."
 
Cappy couldn't believe this, Petal presented herself to him. Though Cappy wasn't a stranger to lordosis, he decided to go with it. I can't.... who am I kidding? Now I can get some for a change. he thought as he walked over to Petal. Now I can finally get over things and not be so mad. I'll get some before Stan, that'll really piss him off. Cappy wrapped his arms around Petal's waist and proceeds to mount her. Bye-q virginity, ham-haaa manhood.
"Don't even think about it, Cappy."
And there's the mood killer. Cappy dismounts Petal and turns around to see Penelope, who isn't too pleased with what she's seeing. "Duels like that should be saved for the bedroom, or at least the bushes. But I guess sex takes away shame from hamsters."
Now Petal was mad. Damn you, Penelope. she swore in her mind.
"Penelope, how did you..." Cappy trailed off.
"I figured I'd take a trip down Memory Lane, but I didn't expect it to have this type of fork in the road." Penelope explained.
"Quit cockblocking, Penelope." said Petal.
"Cockblocking? You horny little bitch..."
"Yeah, I'm horny, and so is Cappy. Do you know how close I was to getting laid... Oh yeah, you do. But the point is that you didn't have to rain on the parade."
"You're getting mad at me bacause you have no shame and wanna fuck at an amusement park?"
"Petal, Penelope, let's not take this out of proportion." Cappy tried to play mediator.
"Shut up, Cappy." Penelope and Petal say.
"Oh boy." Cappy stepped away....
 
"You know, you really ruined my mood for a little beast of action." said Petal.
"Oh you poor thing, the tramp wanted to be an exhibitionist in a pure environment." said Penelope. "At least you didn't try that sort of stunt in the bathroom, then you'd really have no shame."
"I'm done wasting my breath on you, I'll kick your ass with my deck."
"Fine, that's how we settle things anyway."
"Wait a minute, girls." Cappy said.
"Shut up, Cappy." Penelope and Petal scold him a second time.
"But, we don't have a judge...."
"YOU JUDGE!"
"B-b-but... fine."
And it was on. It's a bit ironic for the girls to be dueling like this, but it's not like it matters to them. "You're gonna pay for interrupting my first time, Penelope." said Petal.
"If you're that horny, get a toy and masturbate like the other girls do." said Penelope.
"Why, some of us want a real dick?!"
"You're not ready for a real dick yet."
"And you are?"
"Of course not, but I have my toy because of that."
"So why are you getting on me anyway?"
"Because I'm going to protect the purity of the fun park."
"....Yeah right, you're stopping me from doing Cappy because you want to do it with him to. You don't have to lie about it."
"Bitch later, duel now!" Cappy yelled.
 
Both girls look at Cappy briefly, then focus back on each other. "I'll make the first move." said Penelope as she drew her sixth card. "I'll start things off with Destiny Spirit. Since no monsters are on the field, there's no objection to my play. Now I'll special summon Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude in attack mode." Penelope announced her move (1400/1600). "Okay Diamond Dude, now I'll activate your Diamond Vision. This ability lets me look at the top card on my deck." Penelope does so. "Perfect, this will work. Since this card is a normal spell, I'll discard it into my graveyard and I can use it next turn. I'll now sacrifce my Diamond Dude and summon Destiny Hero - Malicious (800/800)."
This is new, I don't remember her getting this monster. thought Cappy.
Petal laughed. "Man, what a joke, that play was backwards." she said. "You were better off with Diamond Dude."
"I don't need your dueling advice. One card face down and my turn's over."
One face down card and a weak monster, that has to be a trap. Petal thought, then drew. "First, I'll play Mystical Space Typhoon." Petal plays her spell and destroys Penelope's face down card. "Now it's time for your whoopin', beginning with End of the World."
"Oh shit..."
"I will offer up Voltanis the Adjudicator, who is more than enough for my ritual monster. Now bow down to Ruin, Queen of Oblivion!" And Petal's ritual monster appeared and ready for attack (2300/2000). "Ruin, attack!"
Penelope saw Petal's monster approaching her own. Not good, she thought. Ruin gets a second attack if she destroys a monster in battle, this is going to hurt.
"Once your Destiny Hero gets canned, you'll take a direct shot." said Petal.
 
Ruin destroys Destiny Hero - Malicious, then continues on and slashes Penelope <4200>. I don't know who to route for, so I will simply stay neutral and not route at all. thought Cappy.
"Your turn." Petal said.
Penelope draws. "Now I'll activate the spell I discarded last turn, Over Destiny."
"That's a new card."
"Over Destiny let's me special summon a Destiny Hero in my deck equal to half the level of a Destiny Hero in my graveyard or lower. I'll use this in combination is Malicious. Since this D-Hero has six stars, I'll special summon a D-Hero with three stars." Penelope removes her deck from the clip and begins searching. "Of course, the D-Hero I summon by this effect is destroyed at the end of the turn, but it doesn't matter anyway. I'll summon from my deck, Destiny Hero - Doom Lord in attack mode."
 
Penelope places her selected monst on the field, then shuffles her deck (600/800). She then places her deck in its holder and looks at her hand. "Now check this out, I'll use Doom Lord's ability to remove Ruin from play for two turns." Ruin is removed from the field. "This effect costs my attack phase for the turn, but the breather is much more valuable. Next, It's time for Malicious. I'll remove him in my graveyard from play and Special summon a second one from my deck in defense mode."
"A second Malicious?"
"And it was a hard one to get." Penelope shuffles her deck. "I am allowed two of them in a deck anyway. One card face down and one monster in defense mode. Since this is the end phase, we bid good day to Doom Lord and my turn's done." Destiny Hero - Doom Lord is destroyed.
Petal draws. "I summon Royal Knight (1300/800), attack Destiny Hero - Malicious."
Penelope lost her second Malicious. "Oh well, at least I still have one in my graveyard."
"Yes, but due to my Royal Knight's effect, the 800 DEF points of your monster is added to my life points <8800>. Your move."
Penelope draws. "Well, now let's change things up. I'll summon Elemental Hero Ocean."
"Ocean?"
"Yes, Ocean (1500/1300)."
Petal was stunned. "I thought you didn't have any more Elemental Heroes..."
"Me too, your E-Hero deck was sealed away by Jam." added Cappy.
"True, But Elemental Hero Ocean wasn't in my E-Hero deck." explained Penelope. "Your move."
If Penelope has Elemental Hero Ocean in the Destiny Hero deck, I wonder if she has that other Elemental Hero in this deck as well? thought Cappy.
 
Petal draws. "So this Elemental Hero didn't get sealed away from you after all, interesting." she said. "Seeing you use an Elemental Hero when all of them were taken from you is quite a shocker."
"You gonna move, or does my new Hero scare you?"
"Please..." Petal looks at her hand. "No good, I guess I'll have to take my chances. Royal Knight, attack her face down monster." Royal Knight went in for the attack.
I knew she'd screw up sooner or later. thought Penelope.
"You're gonna lose another monster."
"Wrong." When the attack landed, Penelope's monster was flipped and showed itself. "Say good day to Destiny Hero - Defender (100/2700)."
"Damn, not cool."
"And now you lose life points, 1400 life points to be exact."
"Crap <7400>, I end my turn."
"You're gonna need more than that to stop me, Petal. My move." Penelope drew her card, then Ruin, Queen of Oblivion returned to the field in attack mode. "Oh yeah, it has been two turns. Moving on, it's time for me to activate the ability of Elemental Hero Ocean. Ocean allows me to return one of my Heroes to my hand. Well, the effect states one Elemental or Destiny Hero on my side of the field, or graveyard to the hand of the owner. But since you've got fairies, I get a Hero back. Now I'll take back Destiny Hero - Doom Lord and return him to my hand, but he won't stay in my hand for long. Now I'll play Destiny Draw. This spell costs one of my D-Heroes in my hand, Doom Lord will do, then I get to draw two cards." Penelope resolves this effect.
What's she planning? thought Petal.
I wonder why she's doing this. thought Cappy.
"Here goes." Penelope continued her turn. "I'll sacrifice Destiny Hero - Defender and summon Destiny Hero - Dasher." and Penelope's monster appeared on the field (2100/1000). "I'll place Ocean into defense mode, then attack your Royal Knight with Dasher."
"What a waste of move. Activate Sakuretsu Armor to destroy your Destiny Hero." said Petal.
The trap destroys Destiny Hero - Dasher. "Now I'll activate Destiny Mirage. Whenever one of my D-Heroes dies by my opponents card effect and sent to the graveyard, I get to special summon all D-Heroes destroyed this turn."
"You're kidding me."
"No, I'm not. Now Dasher returns to the field, just like nothing happened." and Dasher was back. "Now let's try this again. Dasher, destroy the Royal Knight."
This time, Destiny Hero - Dasher takes out his target. "It's still a waste of cards." said Petal <6200>.
That was a waste, especially since Dasher swtches into defense after he attacks. Cappy mentally noted.
"When he attacks, Dasher switches to defense position. Now I'll place two cards face down and give you the turn." Penelope wraps up her turn.
Petal shakes her head. "And you're the student of Jam.... shame." she said, then drew. "You definitely aren't the Dragon Lord, that's for sure."
"Nor do I want to be, I'm happy being myself."
 
Petal shrugged. "No matter, all this just to gave my Ruin more targets to destroy. Ruin, put her Destiny Hero where it belongs, dead." Ruin attacks and destroys Penelope's Destiny Hero. "And now it's time to-"
"Activate my trap card." Penelope cuts Petal off.
"I'm in the middle of my attack here."
"Well, you still triggered my Destiny Signal." Penelope grabs her deck. "I can now to bring a level four or lower D-Hero to the field. I'll defend with Destiny Hero - Fear Monger (1000/1000). Now, you have a second target to attack?" Penelope shuffles her deck.
"Ruin, destroy her Elemental Hero." Petal continued her attack and Elemental Hero Ocean was destroyed.
"Now for my other trap, Destiny Time."
"What does this do?"
"Since one of my Elemental Heroes fell in battle, this trap lets me pull a D-Hero from my deck to my hand that equal to or lower than the Level of my fallen E-Hero." Penelope began searching her deck. "Since Ocean is four stars, I can get a D-Hero with up to four stars. And I'll bring to my hand, Destiny Hero - Captain Tenacious."
"You really are wasting your cards, now take your turn."
Penelope's looking for something, but what is the question. thought Cappy. It's the only reason she'd stall like this.
Penelope draws. "I play Pot of Avarice. As you should know, this lets me take five monsters in my grave and add them to my deck, then I draw two cards. And since six monsters exist in my graveyard, only one will stay buried. Which one, that's for you to guess." Penelope resolves this effect and looks at the four cards in her hand. "I'll play this card face down and place this monster in defense mode and that's my turn."
 
"I'm getting tired of this duel, so it's time I started wrapping this up." Petal said as she drew. "I'll place this card face down and summon Dancing Fairy (1700/1000). Time to take out the trash. Ruin, destroy her so called Fear Monger." Petal's monster goes in and destroys Penelope's Destiny Hero.
"Now that he's been destroyed, Fear Monger's ability kicks in, allowing me to special summon a D-Hero in my graveyard, aside from himself."
"But you only have one other monster in your graveyard."
"That's right, so welcome back Destiny Hero - Dasher." and Penelope's Destiny Hero returns to the field, but he returns in attack mode.
"You know, that guy has more lives than a cat. Ruin, put him back in the grave." This time, Ruin's attack was blocked. "Hey, who in the hell is that?"
"Destiny Hero - Blade Master." Penelope answered. "When you attacked Dasher, I discarded him from my hand to the graveyard. In return, all of my face up D-Heroes gain 800 ATK points this turn, bringing Destiny Hero - Dasher to 2900. Dasher, counterattack."
And Ruin was destroyed. "What a cheap trick." <5600>
"Not really, I just had to fish him out."
"I better defend myself. I'll play, The Sanctuary in the Sky and end my turn." Petal's field spell changes the area.
Penelope draws. "I respect how you want to protect yourself, but it won't stop my Dasher. So first thing's first, I'll summon Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude again, then I'll flip up Destiny Hero - Captain Tenacious (800/800). Next, I'll play Dark City."
 
What was once sky and an island soon was changed to a full moonlit night and buildings appearing from the ground. Penelope continued. "Now I'll offer up Captain Tenacious to power up Dasher by 1000 points (3100 ATK). Diamond Dude, attack Petal's Dancing Fairy." A barrage of diamond crystals fly towards Petal's monster.
"This was just plain dumb." said Petal.
When the attack hits, diamond dust appears all over the place. And when it settles down, Petal found out that her Dancing Fairy monster was gone. "Wait a minute, this isn't right." Petal wasn't too pleased.
"Actually, it is right." said Cappy. "Dark City makes all Destiny Heroes who attack monsters 1000 ATK points stronger if the Hero in question is weaker than its target in battle. Even though Diamond Dude was 300 ATK points weaker than your fairies, Dark City boosted Diamond Dude to 2400 ATK when the damage step occurs. Such is the power of Dark City, and you lost 700 life. Clever move, Penelope."
"Of course it was." said Penelope.
"Man, that's not fair." said Petal <4900>.
"Actually, it is fair. That's how Dark City works, Petal." said Cappy.
"What a cheap move."
"Moving on... Dasher, direct attack!" Penelope continued her battle phase.
 
The attack knocks Petal on her rear as a lot of damage was just taken <1800>. Destiny Hero - Dasher switches to defense position. "I think that's enough for you, so I'll end my turn." Penelope wraps up.
"Before I draw, I'll activate my Synthetic Seraphim trap card." Petal makes her play, then draws. "I'll place this face down and end my turn."
Penelope draws. "Now to end this game. I'll switch Dasher into attack mode, then give him the Cyclone Blade. Dasher, attack for game."
Dasher goes in for the final blow. "Activate Negate attack." Petal plays her trap, blocking the blow.
"Dasher's attack was negated by your trap, so he stays in attack mode."
"True, but I'm not open anymore." Petal's Synthetic Seraphim fires a clear orb from one of its cannons and the orb appears on Petal's side of the field. "Each time a counter trap is activated, I get this Synthetic Seraphim Token. And as you can see, it's in defense mode (300/300)."
"No matter, that token won't save you. My turn is over."
Petal draws. "So what's the deal with that Cyclone blade attached to Dasher anyway?"
"When Dasher destroys a monster, or monster token, this blade destroys a spell or trap on the field."
"Yeah, that is a pain in my side. I'll play Lightning Vortex and destroy your monsters." Petal discards a card in her hand, then lightning falls from the sky, destroying Penelope's monsters and the Cyclone Blade. "And that's gets rid of them."
Penelope began to laugh. "You poor girl, you try too hard to save your skin."
"You're just mad that I got rid of your monsters."
"Not really."
"Well, I think you're bluffing and I'm fine, so I'm through with my turn."
 
Penelope draws. "You know, You really don't like D-Hero Dasher, do you?"
"No, I don't." Petal answered while lifting her nose into the air.
"Well, I'm going to use that last of his abilities now. Which allows me to one time only, special summon a monster drawn in my draw phase. But I get to show you who it is, so take a look." Penelope shows her card to Petal.
"It's Elemental Hero Ocean, big whoop."
"Yes, so let's welcome him back. I still have one card in my hand, and it's another one of my friends on the elemental side of town."
"Another Elemental Hero?"
"Yes, let's welcome Elemental Hero Stratos to the field." and Penelope's second Elemental Hero entered the duel (1800/300).
I knew it, she does have Stratos after all. thought Cappy.
Penelope continued her move. "Now when Stratos is summoned, he has two effects... one of which I can use. And I'm going to use the effect of destroying spell and traps equal to every other hero I have on the field aside from Stratos. Which means I can destroy one."
"Lovely." Petal said rolling her eyes.
"Stratos, blow away her Synthetic Seraphim." Using the two winged fans on his back, Elemental Hero Stratos destroyed the afformentioned trap card, leaving Petal with her monster token. "Ocean, take out her monster token. After that, Stratos attacks directly with Wind Tunnel. Go on guys, this is your time to shine."
"Hey Ocean, I got an idea." Elemental Hero Stratos says.
"I'm listening." said Elemental Hero Ocean.
"Stand in front of me and let my attack boost you forward, this will let you strike the Seraphim Token with the wind from my turbines. The blast will fly over you and hit Petal directly."
"Not a bad idea, Stratos. It sounds odd, but the end result is still the same."
"Uh, guys, you can attack now." said Penelope.
 
Elemental Hero Ocean stands in front of Elemental Hero Stratos, then takes a knee with his lance ready in his right hand. Elemental Hero Stratos fires up his turbines and blasts Elemental Hero Ocean forward. Once the blast put him in striking distance, Elemental Hero Ocean strikes the Synthetic Seraphim Token. The wind attack flies over his back and hit Petal dead in the chest, ending the duel. "And that takes care of that." said Penelope. "Hopefully this attack managed to cool you off."
"Whatever." said Petal.
"That was a pretty cool way you had your heroes attack Petal, that was quite the show." said Cappy.
"Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only who who thought that." And there was Pegasus who managed to approach the three young duelists. "Quite a show of attack there, Penelope. I don't expect any less of you."
"Aw, it wasn't my idea." said Penelope. "They thought of it."
"Still, they are your heroes after all."
"Obviously, you two want to talk, so Petal and I are going back to our date." said Cappy. "Catch you later, Penelope." He then took Petal's paw and leads her into the bushes.
"So what's this all about?" Penelope asks.
"This my dear Penelope is about me keeping my word." Pegasus answered.
"Tell me, why did you do what you did to Hiei and the Shadow Clan?"
"You mean have them duel for me? I need a good amount of duelists for security, Croquet could use the hand."
"Security?"
"Hiei and his company duel for me now, there is no further group called the Shadow Clan, they are the duelists of Necrophade Black."
"Who cares, they are still the same."
"Moving on, I had a talk with Panda boy a while back. He said a lot of duelists had their decks sealed by Jam."
"I don't want to remember that. He has my E-Hero deck, but I was able to save Ocean and Stratos. For the time being, I'm working with my D-Hero deck now."
"And how is this deck coming along?"
"Decent. I have four Elemental Heroes along with the Destiny Heroes, but this deck still needs more work.
 
"But at least I have a deck to use for now, so I can't complain about what I don't have. Because it could be better with improvement."
"So what are the other Elemental Hero cards?"
"Well, I have the second edition Sparkman and Wildheart with my crew. I think I need one more D-Hero though, I know I don't have them all."
"Well, I guess you'll need this one. I did promise I would give you this hero later when you chose Elemental Hero Ocean." Pegasus hands Penelope the card. "Well, I must be going. Best of luck with your D-Hero deck, and good luck with your E-Hero deck."
"Yeah, I'm making another one of those."
"Really, this one should be interesting." and Pegasus went off into the bushes.
Penelope stood there with the card in her paw. "So let's see who I have here." Penelope turns the card over and looks at it. "Destiny Hero - Disk Commander: When this card is special summoned from the graveyard, draw two cards. This isn't the D-Hero I was talking about, but I didn't have you." Penelope sleeves her new Destiny Hero and shuffles it into her Destiny Hero deck. "Welcome to the D-Heroes, Disk Commander. I hope to use you well."
*
 
Cappy and Petal's date was getting slightly better, though Petal was still peeved. "You aren't mad that you lost to Penelope, are you?" asked Cappy.
"No, that's not what urks me at the moment." Petal answered. "I'm mad that a private moment for us was intruded upon."
"Don't worry about that, we'll get other moments."
"I guess you're right, thanks for making me feel better... on the outside." Petal smiled as she rested her head on Cappy's shoulder.
"Aww, look at you. Little Petal is growin up so fast..."
Cappy and Petal look around and see who the voice belonged to. "Jewel, why are you here?" asked Petal.
"I'm here for dueling purposes." Jewel answered.
"I see."
"Since you're here, I might as well entertain your date here with a duel. That is, if he can handle me."
"I'll say this for you, Jewel." Cappy began. "You may have a new black outfit, but you're still a Shadow Clan member."
"Wrong, little man. The Shadow Clan days for us are over, we are now Necrophade Black. As for you, I plan on taking that Sengenjin of yours and adding it to my deck."
"I don't duel for cards, Jewel. And even if I did, I wouldn't wager my Sengenjin, or any other monster. Besides, I don't even have that card on me anyway."
"What a shame. I guess it can't be helped, but I'll still be dueling you anyway. Unless you're scared to duel against me...."
"You know, it's bad enough I can't get any quality time with my date... fine, I'm not running from a duel. None of my friends would run from you clowns, so I won't either."
"Clowns? You're going to pay for that insult, little man."
"I might, I might not."
 
Petal stepped away from Cappy, it was now her turn to be a judge. Jewel and Cappy then drew their hands, but unbeknownst to them, this duel was on the monitors of the fun park, so everyone got to see our Beastmaster in action. "Be careful, Cappy. Jewel uses monsters similar to your own." warned Petal.
"Not quite." said Jewel. "I've made a new deck using monsters from the current set, so I have the edge here."
"Well if that's the case, then I'll move first." said Cappy.
"Meh, go ahead. It won't help you, Beastmaster."
"We'll see about that." Cappy made the opening draw, "Sweet, I'm in business. I'll start with two cards face down and summon my Enraged Battle Ox (1700/1000). Your turn."
Jewel draws. "I'll place two cards and one monster face down. My turn's over."
Cappy draws. "I'll summon Pitch-Black Warwolf (1600/600). Enraged Battle Ox, attack his face down monster." Cappy's monster goes in for the attack. "And just a reminder, my Pitch-Black Warwolf prevents you from activating trap cards in battle."
"So, your monster's too weak to destroy mine." Jewel flips up his monster as it's attacked. "This is Gladiator Beast Hoplomus and he has quite the defense (700/2100)."
"Crud, My Warwolf can't hurt that, so I'm done battling." <7600>
Sattelites surround Jewel's monster, then the monster is placed into an orb and then it's gone. "Time to experience the power of my Gladiator Beasts." explains Jewel. "When one goes into battle and survives, I can send it to my deck and bring out another one from my deck to take its place. Now come forth, Gladiator Beast Laquari!" In a sphere of flames, Jewel's new monster appears as he shuffles his deck (1800/400).
 
It's the Gladiator Beasts. thought Petal. This is going to be tricky for Cappy.
"Well, he's a strong one." said Cappy.
"And he gets stronger, since he was brought out by an effect of one of its own (2100 ATK)."
"My turn's over."
Jewel draws. "Let's get a little backup, I summon Gladiator Beast Dimacari." another sphere brings another one of Jewel's monsters (1600/1200). "Now for some battle gear, for Dimacari. Gladiator Beast's Battle Gladius, it'll give Dimacari 300 more ATK points (1900 ATK). Dimacari, atack his Ox." Jewel's monster goes in for the attack.
"I don't think so, activate Spellbinding Circle." Cappy makes his play.
Jewel saw his monster trapped. "Let's try this again, Laquari, destroy the Pitch-Black Warwolf."
 
Cappy couldn't stop this attack, and his monster was gone <7100>. "Well, I managed to save one of you guys."
"True, but I managed to save both of mine. I'll now return Dimacari to my deck."
"Wait a minute, you can't do that." Cappy was in protest.
"Actually, he can." said Petal. "Even though you trapped Dimacari, he still attacked you this turn, so his effect still applies."
"I see." Gladiator Beast Dimacari returns to Jewel's deck.
"Now here's the cool thing; all 'Gladiator Beast' weaponry that was attatched to them when GB in question returns to my deck, the weapon returns to my hand." Jewel explained as the Battle Gladius returned to his hand. "Now I'll welcome Gladiator Beast Murmillo." A geyser appears next to Gladiator Beast Laquari and from this came Jewel's new monster ready to attack (800/400). Jewel continues as he shuffles his deck. "Now since Murmillo was brought by a Gladiator Beast effect, he can automatically destroy on monster on the field."
"Stop playing around."
"That's the effect, little man. Murmillo, power up those hydrocannons and destroy his Ox." The cannons from Jewel's new monster opened up and fired a stream of water at the Enraged Battle Ox, destroying it and getting Cappy a little wet in the process. "Looks like your fur caught some moisture..."
"Ha, ha, very funny." said Cappy.
"One card face down and that ends my turn."
Man, I hate these monsters already. Cappy thought as he drew his card. Okay, Jewel has two cards in his hand, one of with is the Battle Gladius for his monsters, so what's the other card and what did he set? Cappy looks at his hand.
"Don't think too hard, little man." said Jewel.
 
"No monsters, but I have something to work with. I play my Stray Lambs. It's not much, but it gives me two Lambs to defend myself with (0/0 x2). My turn's over."
Jewel draws. "What a shame, I guess I'll have to whoop on you some more. I'll summon Gladiator Beast Bestiari (1500/800). then give the Battle Gladius to Murmillo (1100 ATK). Okay Bestiari, you attack first. Destroy the first Lamb." and Cappy's first lamb was gone. "Murmillo, take out the second lamb."
"Of course he's gonna play it like that." and Cappy saw his second lamb destroyed.
"Laquari, attack him directly!"
"Aw man." Cappy literally gets burned <5000>. "Here we go again."
"Time to return my Gladiators. Bestiari goes first, and with his effect, I'll bring back Gladiator Beast Dimacari. Now Murmillo returns to my deck and of course, the Battle Gladius to my hand and bring back Gladiator Beast Bestiari."
"Hold on, that monster was just out here." said Petal. "Choose another one and put that one back."
"He doesn't have to, Petal." said Cappy. Bestiari's summoning this time came from the effect of Murmillo, making it unfortunately legal."
"Good to know you're learning how your ass is getting whooped, little man." said Jewel. "And since Bestiari was brought out by a Gladiator Beast effect, he gets to destroy a spell or trap card. Bestiari, take out his face down card."
 
Using the side cannon on his arms, Gladiator Beast Bestiari destroys the face down spell card Synthesis Spell. "Synthethis Spell...." Petal trailed off.
"Well, looks like that card won't save you now that it's been destroyed." said Jewel. "Look at you, I didn't even lose life points and I'm slaughtering you just like I slaughtered your lambs. But don't feel bad, I've been slaughtering duelists with this deck all day. Two duelists managed to damage my life points, but I never lost more than a thousand life points in one game... Hell, I didn't even lose a thousand life points combined. It was like 850 life points combined. No matter, I'm done rambling and done with my turn. Perhaps you need to really work your deck over."
"You're just lucky that's actually the case." said Cappy.
"That excuse won't save you..." Jewel looks around, "oh, it really won't save you. Especially since we're on the big screen."
Cappy turned to see the monitor, Jewel was right again. "Man, this is a really bad day and I'm on a date too." Cappy draws his card. Now this is a really big bitch right here.... Cappy finally got the monster he needed, which was the monster Synthesis Spell could've worked with.
"You look pissed off, little man." said Jewel.
"I finally get a monster with enough stars to tribute for Lycanthrope and the ritual spell gets destroyed. Now I'm stuck with one monster I can't ritual summon, three monsters I can't tribute summon and three monsters, whose total strength is 5100 ATK points to my 5000 life. Just go, Jewel."
Jewel draws. "Gladiators, attack!"
 
Petal didn't want to watch this battle phase, but she did anyway. Cappy took all three shots, and his loss. This duel fucking sucked! he yelled in his head.
"That was bad, little man. And to think, Pegasus said such good things about your deck... looks like you really shouldn't believe everything you hear." said Jewel. "I even gave you the benefit of the doubt, but this is what I get? I guess you just got lucky last tournament, because if you had any real skill..." Jewel walks away. "Some Beastmaster you are, looks like I'm the new Beastmaster now. Give up on dueling, it's not for you."
Petal walked over to Cappy. "Come on, let's go." she said. "Everyone gets a bad hand every once in a while, don't let him break your dueling spirit."
"I really wanna cry right now, but I won't give jewel that satisfaction." said Cappy as he held his tears.
Petal led Cappy to the exit of the fun park. Jewel never had a deck like that. she thought. Maybe, just maybe he and everyone else have left the Shadow Clan behind... And if Jewel was able to get this caliber, I can only imagine how everyone else got...