Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ duel monster moment 3 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Welcome to another Duel Monsters Moment.

This time, we'll talk about the monsters that were just used in the previous chapter by Jewel, the Gladiator Beasts. there are a good assortment to each of these monsters as they are the main monsters from this set. And yes, we will see more as the next and future sets will bring out way, let's talk about the ones we can use now. Each Gladiator Beast, despite being a Gladiator Beast is a different type of monster. Now the main way these guys are played is by search and destroy, as most of them use their secondary effect of bringing one out in exchange of itself. I'll clarify, When a Gladiator Beast attacks, or is attacked (and manages to still be on the field), they can return to the deck and special summon another from the deck when the battle phase is over. Now when Special summoned this way, the primary effect of most GBs will kick in, so let's go down the line of the GBs we can play with for now.

First are the base monsters: Bestiari is card #020, one of the common ones of course. He's a 4-star winged beast stands at 1500/800, and when brought out by the GB secondary effect can destroy a spell or trap on the field. This is helpful for Sakuretsu Armor and Shrink fans, then attack normally; Murmillo is card #019, and he's a rare monster. For a 3-star fish standing at 800/400, you probably won't bring him out too much. But consider his ability to destroy a monster on the field; Dimacari is another common monster and is #023. He's a 4-star beast who stands at 1600/1200. Pretty solid stats, but even more solid is that when a GB's secondary effect brings him, he gets two shots. Now Dimacari is one of Two GBs that brgins out a specific GB with his trade-in effect; Alexander. Alexander can only be brought from the deck if the secondary effect comes from Dimacari. Alexander is a 6-star beast monster who stands at 2400/600, making card #17 the obvious second in command. This super rare GB, when tagged by Dimacari is unaffected by spells; we'll now tag to Hoplomus, the second GB specific one. This 4-star rock monster stands at 700/2100, (typical for rock-types, huh?) but when tagged in by a GB effect, his DEF is 2400.

Laquari is one of my personal favorites, not to mention being a rare monster. #021 is a 4-star beast-warrior who stands at 1800/400, but tag him with a GB effect and his ATK is 2100. Not bad for a tag; Secutor, #024 is a common card, but he's also unique. Sure, he's a 4-star reptile at 400/300, but his secondary effect kicks in only when tagged by a GB effect. And normally, when a GB effect will let you pull one of these guys, Secutor lets you pull two of them from the deck; next up on the GB roll call is Sparticus. This 5-star dinosaur stands at 2200/1600. Sparticus is obviously the next in line when it comes to the GBs. Sparticus is card #018 of the set and is a rare card. He also must be tagged in by Hoplomus when coming from the deck. When this tag occurs, you can take one of the GB specific equip spells in your deck and add it to your hand; Torax, #081, is the oddball of the GBs. This is because this 3-star fish at 1400/400 doesn't tag one of its own, but lets you draw a card instead. Now if you ask me, this can go either way; Octavius is the big monster of this set of GBs, as he's card 000. And no matter what set you get, card #000 is always a secret rare. He's a 7-star winged beast who stands at 2500/1200, and can destroy a face down spell or trap card on the field. Pretty much, this effect is a modified version of Bestiari's ability. Now after he attacks, or is attacked, his effect kicks in where he's returned to the deck. But by discarding a card, he gets to stay on the field.

Next up are what I like to call, Demi-Gladiator Beasts. They aren't really part of the GB crew, but they work with them. When it's destroyed in battle and sent to the graveyard, Test Ape will allow you to special summona level 4 or lower GB from your deck. When you control a GB, you can special summon Test Tiger. Now if you tribute it, you can return a GB on you control to your deck and bring out another one, plus this effect counts as tagging the GB in question. So you can use that first effect of that GB you tagged in from Test Tiger.

Lastly are the fusion monsters of the GB crew. What should be noted with these guys is that you don't need Polymerization to fuse them and the materials return to the deck. Gladiator Beast Giodiaz is a fusion of Sparticus and another GB. He's a 7-star monster that stands at 2600/1500. When he destroys a monster in battle and sends it to the graveyard, the DEF points of your opponent's destroyed monster is deducted from your opponent's life points. Gaiodiaz can tag in two GBs too, but he returns to the fusion deck; Gladiator Beast Heraklinos is an 8-star fusion monster that fuses Laquari and two other GBs and stands at 3000/2800. Now when this guy's face up, you can discard a card from your hand to negate and destroy an activated spell or trap card.

Now the downside to the GBs tag system is that you can't bring in the same effect monster. Meaning you can't use Murmillo's effect to bring in another Murmillo. Now if you tag with Gaiodiaz you can't bring in Sparticus.

The key to these monsters seems like constant switching. No matter, there are other ways to weild them, but I'll let you decide how.