Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ fire, ice, lightning and dragons ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jam was also at the fun park looking into some cards from the new set. He wasn't sure what to expect, but he already knew what wasn't in there. "I have to admit, some of the monsters in here are interesting." he said as he looked at the cards he got from his grab pack. "This set is really more into cards of a certain theme. A lot of cards revolving around the Six Warmasters, Geminis and of course the Cloudians. I guess I'll go buy a tin."
"Tins are good." Jam turned to see Bijou next to him.
"Hey! I hope you're getting better picks of the litter than me."
"I just bought this new GA pack." Bijou said with a smile. "I guess I better find out what this one has."
 
Bijou opened her booster pack and looked at the cards, then she came across her rare. "So, I guess not all of ze Cloudians are water based..."
"Lemme look." Jam took a look at the card. "Nice, it's a super rare too."
"Oui, yes."
"Well, I might as well give you this one, since I have no current use for it. I'm sure you'll like this monster."
Bijou looked at Jam. "Let's see." She took the card from Jam. "Cloudian - Cirrostratus... I don't have zis one, merci."
"The only Cloudian I have a use for, aside from that one you just pulled, is the Sheep Cloud. Well, Pashmina said that your Cloudian deck is coming along nicely."
"Very nicely, but I didn't imagine I could get a hang of such new monsters so quickly."
"Well, they are mostly fairies, except for your new pull and those other two. I'm off to wander around, catch you back at Seamore and Barrette's." and off Jam went.
Bijou looked at her two new Cloudians. "Looks like I have all of you Cloudians now, don't I?" Bijou sleeves and shuffles the two new monsters into her deck of Cloudians.
 
Meanwhile, Petal had decided to walk Cappy home. "Do you feel any better?" she asked her date.
"Slightly, but I think a nap in my cage will do me well." Cappy answered. "Go on back to the fun park, I'm sure Bijou is waiting for you. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."
"Are you sure... do you really want that?"
"Just because I'm not feeling up to snuff doesn't mean that your day shouldn't be so bad. Now go ahead and enjoy yourself, we can have another date at another time."
"Okay. Well, get better soon."
"Right."
With this, Petal saw Cappy go home, then went back to the fun park once Cappy was out of sight. Dexter was busy going through Tactical Evolution boosters, tryinjg to get some interesting cards of his own. "If I could only pull that damned Il Blud...." Dexter searched through more of his boosters.
"Don't waste your time, Il Blud isn't your run-of-the-mill rare, Gata."
Dexter looked up and saw Shena. "Don't tell me what I can and cannot look for."
Shena ran her fingers through her hair. "Il Blud is a Secret Rare card, not to mention one of the harder Secret Rare cards to pull. I guess you'll go after it anyway, as the monster is a zombie, something you specialize in." she said as if toying with him. "But honestly, if you do pull that card, will you even be able to use Il Blud's true power? I doubt it. Your odds aren't on your side, especially since only one of three boxes holds a Secret Rare card. So don't waste more of your time searching for a card you won't get so easily." and Shena walked off.
Dexter watched her go. "Point taken. I will open up one more booster and call it quits."
 
Dexter chose the last pack wisely, and when his finger touched a certain pack, he felt a dark presence. Wait... go back. he thought as his paw ran through and finally touched to right booster. This one is the last one he managed to buy, then he left. I have a dark feeling about this booster pack, why is what I will find out. He opens the pack and notices one of his cards is upside down. He flipped the card over... This is why I felt this pack. Dexter had his card; Zombie Master. Discard one card from your hand, then special summon a level 4 or lower zombie-type monster from either player's graveyard. Welcome to my deck.... With the addition of Dexter's newest monster, he knew that vengeance will soon come his way.
 
Howdy wasn't having the same luck as Dexter, but he managed to complete a deck of his own. "Well, it's not like the deck that I have, but at least it's something and it works." he said to himself. "At least in theory.... I need to go and find a duel." Howdy only made a short walk before he found a dueling arena, but when he got there, the duel was already over. "I guess I missed out, oh well. I'll catch the next duel."
"Man, I guess you duelists really can't take the heat. It's a shame, really."
"That voice."
Howdy went in and saw Tyrone, who was laughing at the fact that he obviously won a duel. "Now come on, don't tell me that you're all done with dueling." he said. "I'm still working out my deck... or do you guys just flat out suck?"
"Tough talk for someone who cheats." said the losing duelist.
"I didn't cheat, you're just a sore loser with no skills."
"You know, you should treat duelists with more respect than that." Howdy finally jumps in.
Tyrone looks at the voice's owner. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Commander Charge. I guess you would show up to defend duelists that you don't know."
"Can it! Just remember that you were once on their level."
"That was a long time ago. By the way, do you like my new gear?"
"Black doesn't suit you, Mr. Inferno."
"Then perhaps a duel against you just might. I am due for a rematch against you anyway, if you aren't afraid to face me..."
"Please..."
"Well come on, I'm sure the people want to see a you and I go at it again. I mean, we did face off last tournament..."
 
Howdy stepped into the dueling arena across from Tyrone. "Don't get too excited, I'm only doing this because I'm bored."
"I won't hold it against you. And now it's time for what I call 'Fire and Lightning 2: Inferno v. Charge'."
"One thing I can say about you, you're creative for someone who seems so naive."
"I hope you're ready, because I'm gonna burn you."
"You probably will this time..."
Tyrone laughed. "Now before we get started, I have a stipulation."
"I didn't think you'd need a handicap...."
"Hah. Remove the Emperors from your deck, then we can get started."
"I don't have them with me anyway."
"Oh, well I guess we can get started."
 
Howdy and Tyrone come forward to shuffle each other's deck. Once this was done, both duelists recieved their decks and returned to their dueling queues. Then both duelists drew their hands and the duel was under way. But what Howdy and Tyrone didn't know was not only is Pegasus watching this duel, the game maker has this duel going on around the fun park. "You won last time, so you go first." said Tyrone.
"Fine, I will." said Howdy and he made the opening draw. "I guess I can't attack with a monster this turn. I'll set one card face down and place a monster in defense position. My turn's over."
Defending on the first turn, what a shame. thought Tyrone as he drew. Defense doesn't save you against this deck. he looks at his hand. "I play Blaze Accelerator..." he announces.
Crap, I forgot that he had that thing... Howdy thought.
"Loading up Ragin Flame Sprite." Tyrone discards his monster, which is then fired from the Blaze Accelerator and destroys Howdy's monster. "There's no running from me, Charge. One card face down, then I'll call out Volcanic Slicer and end my turn." Tyrone's monster appears on the field (1800/1200).
I guess I should be lucky. Anytime he uses that Blaze Accelerator, he can't attack. I better think of something and fast. Howdy draws. "I'll play Thunder Nyan Nyan (1900/800). Let's drum up a tune for Volcanic Slicer."
 
Thunder Nyan Nyan plays her drums, which causes lightning to fall from the sky and strike Volcanic Slicer down <7900>. Howdy continues his turn. "One more card down and that's it for now."
Tyrone draws. "This'll help me later. One monster in defense position and that ends my turn."
Howdy draws. "I play Battery Charger. It may cost 500 life points to activate <7500>, but I can bring back my Batteryman D from the graveyard, and I'm putting him in defense mode (0/1900). Now I'll summon Elemental Hero Sparkman (1600/1400)."
"Elemental Hero Sparkman, this isn't like you to use him." said Tyrone.
"You're saying that because I didn't use the monster against you last duel."
"I thought you were a duelist that themed thunder monsters..."
"Funny, Hamtaro said one of your guys was like that. The Full Charge Assault isn't all thunder, it never was. People just thought that because of my chronic use of the Batterymen. Sparkman, attack his monster."
Tyrone saw his monster destroyed. "Before you go on, lemme explain my destroyed Volcanic Blaster. Now I can place a Volcanic monster on the top of my deck, Volcanic Scattershot will do." Tyrone places the afformentioned monster on top of his deck.
"Shit, he used that Scattershot on Jam to take out all of his monsters. Nyan Nyan, attack directly!"
A bolt of lightning from Thunder Nyan Nyan's drum fell just above Tyrone. This is gonna sting... thought Tyrone, then he was struck by the attack <6000>.
"Your turn."
Tyrone drew Volcanic Scattershot. "Loading up Volcanic Scattershot." Tyrone discards that monster. "So long, Sparkman."
 
The Blaze Accelerator fires and takes out Elemental Hero Sparkman. Man, that sucked. Howdy thought.
"And since it was tributed by way of Blaze Accelerator, I'll take two from my deck and do the same thing. Now to take out the other monsters you have." Tyrone takes two Volcanic Scattershots from his deck and fires them from his blaze Accelerator. The blasts take out Howdy's remaining monsters, then he continued. "And because they went to the graveyard, each Volcanic Scattershot damages your life points by 500."
"Lovely <6000>."
"Now I'll reveal my Volcanic Recharge trap card, which allows me to take three Volcanic monsters in my graveyard and return them to the deck. I think I'll bring back my Scattershots."
 
Tyrone takes the three Volcanic Scattershots from his graveyard, adds them to his deck and shuffles. Jam was watching this on one of the screens and was impressed at the move. Looks like you've found a new groove, Tyrone. he thought.
"That was an impressive move." Jam turned to see Aqua next to him and she too was wearing the black.
"Tyrone has stepped up his game." said Jam.
"He isn't the only one." Aqua told Jam. "You'll find that out yourself after they're done."
"So you want to face me now?"
"Why not, I'm sure everyone else wouldn't mind us going a round."
 
"This is a very impressive deck you have here." said Howdy. "Much better than the one I faced in the tournament."
"You haven't seen anything yet, but I'm done for now." said Tyrone.
Howdy draws. "Now we've got a show. I'll summon Victory Viper XX03." A spaceship appears on Howdy's side of the field (1200/1000).
"Interesting, a cruiser. I didn't think you'd go to this extreme."
"The Full Charge Assault is ready for many kinds of battles, even intergalactic ones. Victory Viper, fire!"
Tyrone takes the shot. "That wasn't so bad...." <4800>
"Your turn."
Tyrone draws. "I'll summon Blazing Inpachi and end my turn (1850/0)."
Howdy draws. "Your turn."
Tyrone draws. "I'll begin by placing this monster in defense mode. Now it's time for you to see some all new heat. I'll special summon in attack mode Hellfire, the Pyre of Malice."
 
In a blaze of fire, Tyrone's new monster appeared on the field (2200/1900). "What the hell is that?" Jam asked.
"A flaming zombie, if I'm not mistaken." Aqua answered.
"You mind filling me in on that monster?"
"Just keep watching."
 
Tyrone laughed. "So what do you think, nice enough for you?" he asked.
"I'm waiting for the catch to that monster." Howdy answered.
"You're right, there is a catch. You see, when I control a fire based monster, I can special summon this monster you see here. However, he destroys a fire based monster I control, so we bid farewell to the Blazing Inpachi. But for now, I'll set this card face down and end my turn."
I got a bad feeling about that monster. Howdy thought, then drew. "I play Swords of Revealing Light."
Swords rained on Tyrone's side of the field, exposing his face down monster (100/2100). "So you have revealed my Charcoal Inpachi, big whoop." he said.
"Well I'm glad I didn't attack it. I set one monster in defense and end my turn."
"My turn, baby." Tyrone draws. "Now my Hellfire, let's have a fireball."
"Fireball?"
Tyrone's monster shoots out a small whisp and it appears on the field (100/100). "This is a Fireball Token. And as you can see, it's placed in defense position. Each standby phase grants me one of these guys, so expect to see more of them as the game goes on." Now I'll reveal my face down Common Charity. This let's me draws two cards, then I remove from play a normal monster in my hand... if I have one." Tyrone draws his cards. "Lucky me, I'll give up my Volcanic Rat. Next, I'll sacrifice my Charcoal Inpachi and summon Volcanic Hammer (2400/1500). Now I'll pace this card down and use the effect of my newly summoned monster."
"What effect?"
"This one. Hammer, toss Commander Charge some heat."
 
Tyrone's monster creates a lava ball and throws it at Howdy. The shot hits, but Howdy isn't impressed. "That didn't hurt." he said.
"Of course not." Tyrone answered. "But that's because there are only three Volcanic monsters in my grave. You see, for each buried Volcanic monster I have, Volcanic Hammer's effect damages your life points by 200."
"So that means I lost 600 life points <5400>.
"Exactly. But Hammer can't attack you when this effect is used, not like it matters now, but I might as well mention it just in case the swords go away. My turn is over."
Howdy draws. "No matter to me, I got something to shoot. Victory Viper, let's give you justice with a Power Capsule." An odd object appears and lands on top of Howdy's monster. "Now VV, destroy his fireball token."
Tyrone saw his token destroyed. "That was a waste, I'll just get another token during my standby phase."
"Not really. Now I can use the effects of my cards."
"Do tell."
"Victory Viper XX03 has three effects, one of which I can activate whenever my ship destroys a monster in battle. I'll chose the effect of destroying a spell or trap card on the field. VV, take out his Blaze Accelerator."
"No way..." and Victory Viper XX03 destroyed his spell. "Man, that's wrong."
"But wait, there's more. You see, the Power Capsule also takes effect, as I can use one of my ship's three abilities as the Capsule's effect. This time, I will use VV's effect to increase its ATK points by 400 (1600 ATK)."
"So your Power Capsule boosted the power of your ship, interesting."
"Yup. Now it's your turn."
Tyrone draws. "Hellfire, Fireball please." and another token was on Tyrone's side of the field. "Now I'll play Card of Sanctity 2, you should know how this works."
 
Both players draw until their hands have six cards in them. I wonder what Tyrone is planning. thought Aqua.
"Looks like He's gonna use Hammer to damage Howdy again." said Jam.
"Why do you say that?" asked Aqua.
"That's what I would do."
 
"Now I'll play Card Destruction." Tyrone continues his move.
"Crap, and I had a good setup too." said Howdy.
"Too bad." Both duelists discard and draw new hands. "Now just so you know... my Card Destruction put four more Volcanic monsters in the graveyard. And two of which were Volcanic Scattershots, so you lose 1000 life points." Tyrone explained.
"Great." said Howdy as he rolled his eyes <4400>.
"And with a total of seven Volcanic monsters buried, Volcanic Hammer's effect is strengthened." and Howdy lost more life points <3000>. "Now I will activate my storms..." Tyrone plays a card in his hand and reveals his face down card. "First is my spell Tornado. Since you have three spell cards in your spell/trap zone Tornado can destroy one... and you already know about Space, which will destroy your swords. Now my storms, leave only the card in the middle in Howdy's spell/trap zone."
Both of these spells take out Howdy's cards, one of his face down is Sakuretsu Armor. "That was a good play, despite the fact that I don't like it." said Howdy.
"You aren't going to like a lot of what I have planned for you. So let's place this card face down and summon the Element Dragon (1500/1200)."
"Not a good sign, there are three fire monsters on the field."
"That's right, and each of them give my dragon 500 ATK, doubling it's power (3000 ATK). Hellfire, burn his face down monster!"
Howdy's monster is then revealed. "You've attacked my Electric Lizard (850/800)." he told Tyrone.
"So what, my Hellfire is a zombie... and your Lizard's paralyzing effects won't work against it. Element Dragon, destroy!"
Howdy grits his teeth. "Even though I don't want too, I'll take this hit." and that he did as his ship was destroyed <1600>.
 
Tyrone laughed. "Charge, you don't have anything left. This duel is mine, oh tes-ti-fry!"
Aqua shakes her head. "He really needs to ditch that corny ass catch phrase." she says feeling so embarrassed.
"I guess some things never change...." Jam trailed off.
"It's over, Charge!" Tyrone shouts.
"Not yet, it isn't." said Howdy as he drew his card. "Time for a little Lightning Vortex." Howdy discards a card from his hand.
"Nice move, too bad my Magic Jammer stops it." and Tyrone counters.
Howdy's lightning fades away. "There's nothing left for me to do, so it's your turn."
Tyrone draws. "Another Fireball." and he got one. "Now four fire monsters exist on my field and another boost for my Element Dragon (3500 ATK). Now I'll place my fireballs in attack mode, even if they have only 100 ATK points. Time to finish this duel, Volcanic Hammer, you lead the charge." and Tyrone's monster went in.
"Scapegoat, activate." Howdy played his spell and soon, one of his tokens were gone.
"Even when you know you're gonna lose, you delay it as long as possible. Fireballs, one goat each."
Howdy saw two more of his Scapegoats burned up. One left and two more monsters to endure, it was a good loss. Howdy thought.
"Hellfire, take out the last Scapegoat, and Element dragon attacks for game."
 
Needless to say, that how it went. "I feel better now that I had this duel." said Tyrone. "Reguardless of what happens in our rubber match, I expect a lot more out of you the next time we duel."
"What can I say, I didn't do half bad with this new deck." said Howdy. "You didn't do half bad with your new deck either, so it's a loss I'm content with taking."
"You actually held up to your end of the match too, it wasn't one-sided. I still won of course, but our history is now tied." Tyrone left the dueling arena. "Until next duel, Charge..."
 
"At least tyrone has a lot more dignity and respect now after his duel with Howdy." said Jam.
"True, but that doesn't mean that you're off the hook." said Aqua as she activates her duel disk. "Now that their duel is over, we can start ours. Now ready your deck and face me, Dragonlord."
"Of course, but give me five minutes. I need some throne time after watching something that exciting."
"Fine, but don't run away from me."
"Please, why would I run from you?"
Jam went off to the bathroom and had his time. Though he took three extra minutes, he returned to face Aqua. "You're a little late, Jam." Aqua notioned.
"I was in the bathroom, sister." Jam shot back. "Let a guy his the throne... besides, I'm not running away from you like you said not to."
"Good, because that would ruin your reputation."
"Please... my reputation... I just duel for the fun of it, no reputation needed."
 
It was at this moment, everyone began crowding around Jam and Aqua. "All right, this is it." Aqua began. "Now prepare yourself to face the Queen of Tides. And believe me, I won't be an easy win like Seamore was, nor will you clench victory from the Jaws of Defeat."
"Blah, blah, blah." Jam activates his duel disk and the two begin shuffling their cards.
"What's going on?" a nearby vendor asks.
"The Dragon Lord is gonna duel against Aqua, the Queen of Tides." a hamster said.
"Damn, why can't the monitors get this duel?" and sure enough, they were on.
 
Howdy and Tyrone walked out and saw the big screen. "Now this is gonna be good." said Tyrone.
"Let's hope so." said Howdy.
"Wait until you see Aqua's new toy, if she plays it."
"New toy?"
"If you thought my Hellfire was crazy, wait until you see what Aqua has."
 
Jam was in his on state of mind. I smell a rat. he thought. Every member of Forbidden Brown that had a duel in the fun park today was posted on the big screen: Penelope's match with Petal; Cappy's match; Howdy's match.... Jam saw a nearby monitor out of the corner of his eye. Now mine. This can't be the Rexchus doing this... Whoever is doing this wants a show this duel, so I don't plan on mispleasing. However, no Five God Dragon this duel.
"Ladies first." said Aqua as she grew. "I play two cards and one monster face down, that ends my turn."
Jam draws. "Let's start things off with the Exploder Dragon (1000/0). Attack!"
Jam's dragon attacks Aqua's card. "Too bad, you attacked my Maiden of the Aqua (700/2000). That wasn't too smart of a move on your behalf, but I'll gladly take the lead."
"Yeah, too bad I didn't lose anything."
"Excuse me?"
"Forgot already, I see. Remember, when the Exploder Dragon attacks, no battle damage is given <10000>." Jam looks at his duel disk life point reader "Well Aqua, you've got your work cut out for you, because this is a 10k life point duel. So I will set one card face down and end my turn."
"Now before you do that, let me remind you of Maiden of the Aqua. Lift your triton high, girlfriend." Aqua said and her monster followed suit. Two seconds later, the field was an open sea. And both duelists were on two lilypads. "While Maiden of the Aqua is face up, the field becomes Umi, as you can see here. But don't worry, Umi's effects don't count as its field isn't played." Aqua draws. "Now I summon Amphibious Bugroth MK-3 (1500/1300). Attack him directly!"
That can't be possible....
 
Unfortunately for Jam, the attack lands, knocking him backwards while still standing on his feet <8500>. This move brought commotion in the crowd and whispers reguarding Aqua's move. "Let's not forget, that the field is considered Umi. And when the field is Umi, Amphibious Bugroth MK-3 can attack directly." Aqua explained. "Maiden of the Aqua makes sure the field stays Umi until another field spell is played, if she's removed from the field, or if she's flipped face down."
"Interesting." Jam said. "This is a clever way to manipulate your cards."
"I know. Your turn, Jam."
Jam draws. "I play Shield Crush." A blast of energy comes in from out of nowhere and destroys Maiden of the Aqua.
"Holy shit...." Aqua was scared from the sudden impact.
"Shield Crush destroys one defending monster." Jam explained. "Now since the water maiden is gone, the effects of Umi go with it."
Aqua watches as all the water evaporates. "Man, this isn't happening."
"Now I'll bring out a familiar monster of mine, Mirage Dragon (1600/600)."
"Reveal Torrential Tribute." Aqua's trap destroys all monsters on the field.
Jam laughs. "That's two... your turn, Aqua."
"Two... two what?"
"You know 'two what', don't play around with me."
And that's when it hit her. Wait, the.... Five God Dragon. The first time Jam brought that out, he fused dragons in his graveyard and played it against Duelist Ham. I have to beat Jam before he can fuse the Five God Dragon. Aqua draws. "Remember, he used Dragon's Mirror to fuse dragons in the graveyard, so I better be prepared to stop it. I summon Mermaid Knight (1500/700) and attack."
Jam takes the blow. "Very good." <7000>.
"Your turn."
Jam draws. "Time to summon Gray Wing (1300/700), then I'll reveal my face down Stamping Destruction."
"No way, I counter with Spell Shield Type-8."
Jam's spell was blocked and Aqua's move was applauded by the crowd. "Nice, but I still have a better move to make. Now I'll activate my Dragon's Gunfire in combination with Gray Wing and use its effect to destroy your Mermaid Knight."
 
Gray Wing fires a fireball that destroys Mermaid Knight. Aqua wasn't happy. "I forgot that your Dragon's Gunfire can do destroy a monster as well." said Aqua.
"Given the monster has 800 DEF points or less. I will discard one card in my hand to power up my Gray Wing."
"Uh oh..."
"Gray Wing, you got two shots. Go for it!"
Aqua braced herself and took the two shots from Jam's dragon <7400>. This move also got applauded by the crowd. "I told you that you've got your work cut out for you, Aqua. Your move."
Aqua draws. "Hydrogeddon, time to attack (1600/1000)." and Aqua's monster destroys Jam's monster <6700>. "And let's not forget than when Hydrogeddon destroys a monster and sends it to the graveyard, I can special summon another on from my deck." Aqua resolves this effect. "Now my second Hydrogeddon gets to attack you for the full extent of the blow."
Jam was knocked backwards again while still on his feet <5100>. "Not bad, Aqua. Not bad at all, you've grown."
"I'm not done with you yet. I'll put this card face down and end my turn."
Jam draws. "I'm glad to see this, Card of Sanctity 2."
"That helps me out as well."
Jam now had a full hand. Now... how to plan this. Jam looked at Aqua's field. "Two cards face down, then I'll play Chthonian Dragon to end the turn (2000/0)."
Aqua draws. "Ballgame. Now I summon Oxygeddon (1800/800)..."
"Reveal Forced Back, negating your summon and returning Oxygeddon to your hand."
Aqua took her monster back. "Nice move, Jam. Two cards face down and that's my turn."
Jam draws. "I'll now sacrifice my Chthonian Dragon and summon my Chthonian Emperor Dragon (2400/1500)."
"That's a new dragon."
"Not really, it was in the side deck. Next, I'll play Double Summon and kick in my dragon... Chthonian Emperor Dragon, you got two shots. Destroy both Hydrogeddons!"
"Activate Sakuretsu Armor." Aqua plays her trap.
"I love using this card. Activate Trap Jammer."
"Shit, not that card."
 
Aqua's trap was negated and Jam's new dragon drops both of Aqua's Hydrogeddons in in one shot <5800>. "Yeah! Go Jam, go." cheered Howdy.
"Pull together, Aqua. Damn!" Tyrone shouted.
Kerin was watching on a monitor herself. "Don't give up, Aqua." she said.
Hiei walks out and looks at the screen. What in the name.... Hiei was at a loss for words.
"Look Papa, Aqua's dueling the Dragon Lord."
"I can see that."
 
"I know you aren't done yet, Aqua. So come on and impress me." said Jam, signaling the end of his turn.
No big deal, I still have the lead. Aqua thought as she drew. I'll play Salvage. This lets me take two watery monsters with 1500 ATK in my graveyard and add them to my hand."
That means her Maiden and her Amphibious Bugroth. thought Jam.
Aqua takes her monsters. "Now I'll play Common Charity. This lets me draw two cards, then I'll discard my normal monster Space Mambo, who is removed from play ." She discards her monster and looks at her hand. "I'll play Nightmare's Steelcage to begin this turn." A giant cage falls from the sky and lowers itself to the field. "I'll play one monster in defense mode and end my turn."
Jam draws. "I'll play one monster in defense mode and end my turn."
Aqua draws. "Let's welcome back Mermaid Knight, then I'll flip up my Nightmare Penguin (900/1800)."
"The Penguin..."
"Since he was flipped, I use his effect to return your Chthonian Emperor Dragon to your hand."
Jam collected his monster. "Go on."
"Nightmare Penguin also boosts up all my water based monsters by 200 ATK points (1700 ATK, 1100 ATK). Your move."
Jam draws. "She's up to something.... Let's see, I'll place another monster in defense mode and end my turn."
Aqua's Nightmare's Steelcage is destroyed, then she draws. "Nobleman of Crossout, and I'll use it on the monster you just set."
"Are you sure, you don't want to crossout the other monster?"
"Don't try to play head games, I'm using it on the monster you just set."
 
Jam saw his newly set monster slashed, which was revealed as The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave. "Oh well."
"Now I'll sacrifice my Mermaid Knight and Nightmare Penguin and bring out the heavy artillery. I summon Spiral Serpent (2900/2900)."
Jam's jaw dropped when he saw Aqua's newly summoned monster. "Okay, now I'm impressed."
"Well, allow me to change that from amazed to scared. Feel the dreaded power of the Spiral Wave!"
Jam saw his monster washed away. I might have to break my promise...
"You may have escapded Seamore's waters, buy my tides will capsize any hope of a victory boat that you might have. Your move."
 
"Let's see Jam fight his way out of this one." said Tyrone.
"You're gonna regret saying that." said Howdy.
 
"I guess I'm the one who has work cout out for him." Jam says. "And now let's activate the effect of what was just destroyed. Twin-Headed Behemoth (1000/1000). It's good to have a monster defending you." Then he draws. "I'll sacrifice my Twin-Headed Behemoth and I'll place this monster in defense mode, then I'll place one card face down and end my turn."
"Aqua, take him down!" Hiei yelled as he saw the match on the monitor.
"Go Aqua!" cheered Kerin.
Aqua draws. "Big Wave Small Wave, this will come in handy later. I'll now reveal my Salvage." and Aqua takes two more monsters. "I'll place one card face down and summon Mad Lobster (1700/1000). Now, Sprial Wave!" Aqua attacks with her Spiral Serpent.
"And here we go." Jam says and watches his monster get attacked. This monster then appeared from the water. "A good move, but my Kaiser Glider returns a monster to its owner's hand when it's destroyed. So you get your Spiral Serpent back."
Aqua returns her monster. "Mad lobster, attack directly."
Jam takes the blow. "It's better than taking damage from that Spiral Serpent." <3400>
"This is a long duel, but well worth it. My win against you will mean that I can finally move on, so take your turn."
"Why do you say that, I never wronged you?"
"Not physically. Your matches with my better half have also taken their toll on me. I challenged you to see how well I can fare against you and it's proof that I can handle you, more than what I expect not to mention."
"Well allow me to mention if you've taken count of how many of my dragons that you've buried."
"So what?"
Jam draws. "Well, let me show you what..."
 
Jam showed Aqua the card he pulled, her expression turned for the worse. The card was Dragon's Mirror. "Just so you know, I used this spell to call out the Five God Dragon against Duelist Ham, which I fused five dragons from my graveyard... and I have more than five in my graveyard. All I have to do is play this card and your cocky smile about leading this duel will soon end in the one monster that can wipe out even that Spiral Serpent you hold in one breath." The crowd, and everyone watching this duel got quiet. "The last thing you want me to do is bring out the Five God Dragon, so I suggest you not push me to that point."
"I don't fear your Five God Dragon."
"Of course not, but you do have a fear of another dragon that I weild. And with that said, I have a move to make, so now I'll activate my Call of the Haunted and bring back my Chthonian Dragon. Then I'll sacrifice it and summon the Chthonian Emperor Dragon again and end my turn."
 
A lot of people were pissed at Jam right now. "Damn, that's not fair." said Tyrone.
"Actually, I think it is fair that he gave Aqua a warning." said Howdy. "Pashmina didn't even get that when it was called on her."
"It's still not right."
 
"Papa, is this what you call a 'head game'?" asked Kerin.
"Major head game, Kerin." Hiei answered his daughter. "But it puts Aqua in a situation that forces her hand. Besides, the Dragon Lord will only call that out when he feels the most threatened."
 
Aqua draws. "This scare tactic won't work on me, Jam." she said bravely. "In fact, I dare you to call out your dragon. So I'm going to set this face down and end my turn."
Jam draws. "I summon Cyberdark Horn (800/800). Horn, time for a Dragon Dive." and Jam's newly summoned Monster goes into his graveyard. "Now remember everyone, Horn will attach itself to a low leveled dragon with three or less stars."
CLANK! CLANK! CLANK! CLANK!
"And here we go. Rise, Cyberdark Horn." Jam's monster appeared with its choice. "As you can see, it's attached to my Twin-Headed Behemoth. And Horn adds the ATK points of the monster it's attatched to to it's own (2300 ATK). Chthonian Emperor Dragon, destroy the Mad Lobster." Jam's dragon prepared to attack.
"Activate Gravity Bind." Aqua disdainfully played her trap.
"Oh well... My turn is over."
Aqua draws her card. "I'll flip up my Nightmare Penguin."
"Great."
"Return your Chthonian Emperor back to your hand a second time." Jam resolves this effect. "Now it's time for me to play the spell card Big Wave Small Wave."
"Not good, this lets you destroy your water monsters."
A wave comes in and washes away Aqua's monsters. "Now I can special summon two water monsters in my hand since I destroyed two of them on my side of the field. So I'll play my two monsters in attack mode. First, I'll welcome back my Spiral Serpent, then....."
 
"Then what?"
"I'm bringing out a new monster that I managed to come across not too long ago. Now I summon, White Night Dragon!"
It was at this time when the water froze up on Aqua's side of the field, then the ice formed Aqua's dragon (3000/2500). A lot of oohs and ahs were said by the people of the crowd. "What the hell, is that a Blue-Eyes?" asked Howdy.
"Nope, it's better than a Blue-Eyes." Tyrone answered.
It's a Blue-Eyes White Dragon.... made entirely out of ice...
 
Stan was looking at the screen as well. "I thought there were only four Blue-Eyes Dragons..." he said.
 
Inside of his mind, Jam heard the cries of an angry dragon. "So, Pegasus made another Blue-Eyes... only one made out of ice." he said.
"This is the White Night Dragon." said Aqua. "Yes, it does resemble the Blue-Eyes."
"Resemble? That card is a knock-off of the Legendary blue-Eyes White Dragon! This frozen effigy of the Blue-Eyes is a disgrace!"
"Wow, look who sounds like Duelist Ham..."
Jam stopped speaking. She's right, I do sound like Duelist Ham. What's wrong with me?
"Figures, you aren't any different than him anyhow. You hold the strongest dragon and you're becoming who you ended up despising and lecturing."
"That's a lie! I always treat duelists with respect, something that Duelist Ham never gave to anyone. If you were facing him in my place, do you think he would've destroyed you with the Five God Dragon by now?" Aqua was quiet.
 
"You get fair warning of what horrors can be unleashed upon you and this is what I get? I give you a chance by showing you what might happen in this duel, so you can prepare yourself to defend against it, only to say that I'm messed up?"
"You are messed up, not to mention thoughtless. Why tell me that you can summon the Five God Dragon? Your sick way of threatening me to summon that thing is just to psych me out so I lose control and feel afraid. 'You don't fear my Five God, but I weild another dragon that you fear.' You've lost your mind, but it doesn't matter. Because after you lose, I'll take that Five God Dragon from you and finally be able to move on, knowing that I finally beat you."
"I give you a type of mercy and you take it just so you can slap me across the face with it?"
"My turn is over, so play your Five Gods and give me the honor of destroying them."
Okay, fine. She obviously wants no mercy from me anymore. Then so be it, you will get no mercy whatsoever. Jam draws. So this gives me some time to plan out how I will combat her 'Blue-Eyes Ice Dragon'. He looks at his hand. "I'll switch Cyberdark Horn to defense mode, then end my turn. I won't let those monsters of yours disrupt my concentration, despite having that fake Blue-Eyes on the field."
Aqua draws. "I play Mystical Space Typhoon, which I will use to destroy my Gravity Bind."
So much for for planning time. Jam was now in the hot seat.
"Now to destroy your monster... I attack with Spiral Wave!"
 
The attack from Spiral Serpent hits, washing Cyberdark Horn away.... or so Aqua thought. "Hey, why is your monster still here?"
"Because you only sent the attatchment to the graveyard, Horn still remains." Jam answered.
"Not for long. White Night Dragon, attack with Arctic Burst Stream!"
"You gotta be kidding me..."
But Aqua's dragon wasn't. The White Night Dragon fired a blast similar to the Blue-Eyes' Burst Stream of Destruction. "Now you have nothing left to defend you. Your move."
Well deck, I'm gonna need some love. Jam draws. "One monster in defense mode and that's my turn."
Aqua draws. "Time to attack, Spiral Wave!"
Jam's dragon was washed away. "You've destroyed my Masked Dragon. Now I'll special summon a dragon with 1500 ATK or less from my deck. In this case, I will bring out Troop Dragon to defend (700/800)."
"And White Night Dragon to destroy. Attack with Arctic Burst Stream."
Jam lost his Troop Dragon. "When one Troop Dragon falls in battle, I can bring one from my deck to take its place." and Jam resolves this effect.
"Doing whatever you can to survive... There's nothing left for you than to play the Five God Dragon to save your hide. Your move."
Jam draws. "Card Destruction... I'm running out of options. Your move."
Aqua draws. "Hammer Shot, now I can destroy his Five God Dragon. But first, his life points. First, I'll destroy your monster with Spiral Wave!" Aqua's Sprial Serpent destroyed the Troop Dragon. "I guess this is where you bring out a third one?"
"Nope, only two are in this deck."
"Well then, it's time for you to really get hurt. Arctic Burst Stream, for a direct shot."
 
The cold blast sticks Jam dead in the chest, causing him to fall flat on his face <400>. "Yeah, Aqua's gonna win, and justice is about to come for Necrophade Black." said Tyrone.
"Stop being moral, Jam!" Howdy yelled at the monitor. "Summon the Five God Dragon and turn this shit around."
"Papa, Aqua's about to win." said Kerin.
"Yes, yes she is..." said Hiei, was had a smile on his face. Finish him, Aqua. Do what I could not and avenge me and our Shadow Clan.
"I don't know what to say, I guess it's over...." said Stan.
 
"This duel is mine unless you call out your Five God Dragon, Jam." Penelope was also watching this duel.
 
Meanwhile, the crowd was ready. "Finish him!" someone yelled from the crowd.
"Finish him!" another spectator yelled.
The entire crowd began chanting "Finish him!" as Aqua looked down upon her opponent. "When you get up, make your move." she said. "And don't worry, I can wait until you rise to finish you off."
Jam was flat on his face for fifteen seconds, then he started stirring. Once this happened, Jam managed to show some life. "I'm not like him..." he managed to say as he stood to his feet, but ended up taking a knee. "Aqua, you leave me no choice, you understand?"
"I don't care, just move. I waited a long time to see one of my own beat you in a duel. I will prove to everyone here that even you can be beaten."
Jam managed to stan on his own, then he drew. "I play...."
Yes, do it. Aqua was ready for the mirror to be activated.
"Card Destruction."
The chanting stopped. "Card Destruction?"was the response from the crowd.
"Your hand is gone, and we draw anew."
Damn you, that wasn't supposed to happen. Aqua was pissed.
Both duelists discarded their hand and drew new cards. And where Aqua drew six, Jam drew two... yet he still had one more to go. He then took his last card... "Bingo. Now I'll play Cost Down, this lowers the monsters in the hand by two levels this turn. But it also allows me to summon this monster, Horus the Black Flame Dragon." and Jam summoned his monster (2300/1600).
"So you summoned the middle stage of Horus albeit Cost Down, but it still won't save you." said Aqua.
"I still have one more card to play. Horus, Level Up!"
 
And with this spell, Jam brought out the full power of Horus the Black Flame Dragon (3000/1800). Aqua was stunned, I can't believe it, this isn't possible. she thought.
"Horus, destroy Spiral Serpent now!"
The attack hit, creating a lot of steam. As the steam cleared, it showed the White Night Dragon in front of the Serpent... and is was dripping. "I activated the effect of my White Night Dragon." said Aqua. "By discarding a spell or trap from my hand... and I gave my Umi, I can switch the attack of a monster targeted by my opponent to my White Night Dragon. White Night Dragon, attack the Black Flame Dragon with Arctic Burst Stream!" Aqua's monster destroyed Horus the Black Flame Dragon, then it melted away. "Nice try, but it was all for naught."
"Wrong." Jam said. "That move wasn't for naught, it was to show you that I'm not like Duelist Ham. But since I didn't summon it, your victory doesn't award the Five God Dragon to you. I'm out of cards and have nothing left, but at least I lost with a good ending." Jam opened his pack, then removed a book. "You're free to attack me on your next turn, but before I turn this move to you...." Jam removed a card from the book, then walked into the middle of the area and placed the card face down. He then went back to his side of the field. "This is your reward for winning over me. Your turn... and take the card after you finish me off." Jam placed the book in his pack, and closed his pack.
Aqua draws. "This isn't how I wanted to win... but I won anyway. Spiral Serpent, attack him directly with Spiral Wave!" her monster launches its attack. I won...
I lost this duel, but I didn't lose my face. Jam thought and then took the blast. To lose at your strongest, that's the best way to lose.
 
"And that's it, baby. Jam loses to Aqua, in your face." said Tyrone.
"Even in the end, he showed mercy to Aqua." was all Howdy said before he began to walk away from Tyrone.
"Mercy, that wasn't mercy."
"Yeah it was. Jam didn't have to hold back, he could've played Dragon's Mirror on the turn he pulled it and wiped the floor with Aqua. He let her win."
 
Stan clapped at the result of that duel. "Looks like you saved face after all. Good show, Jam." he said and headed for the exit.
 
"Jam, you lost...." Penelope trailed off.
 
Bijou went to the food court. "A lesson in diligence. You really have grown, Jam." she said.
 
"Papa, Aqua won the duel." said Kerin Happily.
"Yes, she did." Hiei said while smiling at his daughter. "Aqua won against the Dragon Lord."
 
Jam walked away and the crowd began to disperse. "Looks like Jam can be beaten after all." a spectator said.
"I guess so." another spectator said.
"Aqua just got lucky, if you ask me." another spectator said. "That duel would've had a different outcome if Jam played the Five God Dragon."
Aqua went to the face down card. I didn't matter, I would have destroyed his Five God Dragon with my Hammer Shot and had my Spiral Serpent attack for game. she thought as she stooped to take the card on the ground. Nay-sayers... even when he loses, they still believe in him. Aqua looks at the card. "Hmm... I think I can work this into my deck."
Nazaruda had managed to catch that duel as well. "Aqua clearly proved that Jam is simply worth none of the hype that he stands on." he said as he walked away. "But Jam is too busy trying to be moral and humble while dueling people. That is what caused him to lose, as it's his weakness. Not fitting for the true Dragon Lord, but I will show that to all in due time."
 
Though he lost this duel, Jam walked through the fun park with a smile on his face. "That White Night Dragon is something else, for an imitation of the Blue-Eyes." he said to himself. "Oh well, even the Dragonlord has to lose... because he gets better this way."
"You call yourself the Dragonlord, do you?" Jam heard a voice say. "I disagree with you having that title... I also disagree with you referring yourself to that name."
Jam looked around. "Is that what you believe? No matter, you're free to say your piece."
"Fool, you are no Dragonlord at all."
Jam switched cards in his deck. "Hey, I never said I was invincible."
"But you do tell those who face you that 'They will respect your dragons.' correct?"
Jam finishes with his deck. "That's right."
"Foolishness..."
After this was said, things were starting to fade white. How in the.... Jam wondered, but immediatly passed out.