Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Duel Hams: Duelists of the Clubhouse ❯ prepare to strike black pt. 2 ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All right duel fans, no more pussyfooting around... It's time for some hats to be handed now. Finally after far too long, in come the duels. And this chapter is going to be pretty much duels, so get ready for some Duel Monster throwdowns.

Jam and Roll walked down the lane after eating the acorn pizza. There was a sense of calm between them as the strolled holding each other's paws. "Man, that acorn pizza was something else." said Roll.
"I can't believe you ate more of it than I." said Jam.
"Maybe you eat less because of me."
"No, that's not it. I guess it's because I'm not used to acorn pizza."
"You were one to enjoy mackleberry pizza though, Jam."
"Yeah, I like that pizza more-"
"Dragonlord!"

Jam and Roll's stroll and chat was interrupted by Mikuru. Wow, look at those braids... thought Roll.
"I found you, Dragonlord." said Mikuru. "And now that I've found you, I can finally fullfill my goals and beat you in a duel."
Everyone nearby began turning their heads to the three hamsters. "What is this, a 'Let's take the hit on Jam' season?" Jam asked, half sarcastic.
"Very funny." Mikuru smirked. "You have a nice red coloring of fur, perfect for my braid and even more perfect for fullfilling my destiny."
"Pardon my asking, but what do your braids, which are colorful and pretty, have to do with your destiny?" asked Roll.
"Thank-q. My braids are an example of my skill... visual testaments of the many victories against the best dragon duelists in the world. Dragonlord, your fur coloring will be placed here on this braid, but enough talk, girly. I came here not only to duel you, but beat you, Dragonlord."
Jam shrugs. "You know, medically I shouldn't be dueling, but-"
"Making excuses because you're afraid of getting beat? How unethical." Mikuru cut Jam off.
"You really need to learn some propers... um, that's right, I didn't quite catch your name."
"Oh yeah... I got too excited. I am Mikuru, the Dragonic Apprentice."
"Ok. Now pay attention 'Rainbow', because you cut me off."
"Rainbow? Damn you, my name isn't 'Rainbow'."
"As much as Nurse Ham doesn't want me dueling, I can't help but not challenge such a colorful girl. Besides, I'm looking for a specific dragon user anyway."
"Jam, are you sure you can do this?" asked Roll.
"Only one way to find out." Jam smiled and removed his pack. "Okay, let me make a quick adjustment and I'll be ready to go."

Jam pulls out his some extra cards from his pack, switches them with his cards of his deck, puts the cards away into his pack and puts his pack back on. Afterwards, Jam and Mikuru give, exchange and shuffle their opponent's decks, then return them to their owners and take cues across from each other. What Jam didn't realize is that Nazaruda was watching this duel from a distance. Dragon apprentice... I don't think so. he thought.
"Get ready, because I'm about to rock your world." said Mikuru as she drew her hand.
"Not too much, I don't wanna get whiplash." said Jam as he drew his hand.
A few laughs from the crowd and Mikuru makes the opening draw. "Time to get down to business." she says. "I'll start with Hunter Dragon (1700/100), then place a card face down. Your move."
Jam draws and looks at his hand. "Well, this is very peculiar. What an odd hand I have been dealt." he said.
"Your head games won't work, so just move."
"Okay, so I will begin with Mystical Space Typhoon on your face down."
Mikuru's face down card is destroyed. "Go on."
"Now comes something odd... I play the spell Revoke Fusion."
"What does Revoke Fusion do?" asked Roll.
"Revoke Fusion has me discard Polymerization from my hand, and one fusion monster in my extra deck to the graveyard." Jam does this. "Now I get to special summon a monster from my hand that is listed as a fusion material monter on that fusion monster and special summon it."
The crowd cringed at this explanation. Shit, that's bad! Mikuru paniced in her mind. Wait, is this bad? Maybe it's just me.
"Now let me tell you a little about the Five God Dragon. The card says that its fusion materials are any five dragon-type monsters, which is pretty sweet in a way." said Jam with a smile.
"You've gotta be kidding me."
"No guesses at what I will summon?" Mikuru shakes her head. "Okay then, let's give it up for... the Blue-Eyes white Dragon!" and Jam pulls his dragon to the field (3000/2500). However, something odd happened. Upon its summoning, there was no roar and the legendary dragon looked dead at Roll.

Mikuru couldn't believe what she saw. Blue-Eyes on the first turn, holy shit! Mikuru was ready to freak out, but soon gained her composure. Wait, now I have even more incentive to win. Since he played the Blue-Eyes, I am now free to take it alongside his title and my victory. But I have to win first, which shouln't be so hard.
Roll was even more shocked. Why is this dragon looking at me? she wondered.
What's up with the dragon? Jam thought. "Hey, Kisara, you feeling okay?" he asked his dragon, but got no response. The Blue-Eyes just looked at Roll. "Well whenever you're done zoning out over Roll, attack the Hunter Dragon."
Great, here it comes. thought Mikuru.
Everyone was expecting the Blue-Eyes White Dragon to attack, but there was no response from it at all. It was a shock to everyone, including Mikuru. It... hasn't attacked me yet. thought Mikuru. Perhaps that girl the Dragonlord is with affects his cards. I can use this to my advantage...
Jam just sighed. "Great, she doesn't want to attack." he said to himself. "Guess you aren't battle ready, are you? Fine, my fancy move was all show... Be lucky that my dragon showed you mercy, Rainbow."
"Quit calling me 'Rainbow', Dragonlord." said a somewhat irate Mikuru.
"What also makes you lucky is that the monster special summoned this way is destroyed at the end of this turn, so it's your move." and Jam's Blue-Eyes White Dragon is destroyed.
"Can't control your dragons, eh? What a shame." and Mikuru draws. "Now I sacrifice my Hunter Dragon and summon the midlle stage of Horus the Black Flame Dragon. and Mikuru's monster appeared on the field (2300/1600).
Great, here we go again....
"Horus, attack him directly!"

Horus the Black Flame Dragon attacks Jam, making him take a knee <5700>. "Jam, are you all right?" asked Roll.
"I've taken worse direct shots." answered Jam.
"And you will take worse shots too." said Mikuru. "Two cards face down and that's my turn."
Jam draws. "I will place one card and one monster face down and it's your move."
Mikuru draws. "I will activate The Dragon's Bead, protecting my dragons from traps. I know you already are aware of this trap, but I love explaining how it works.
Great, so much for my face down card... thought Jam.
"Horus, attack that face down monster." Mikuru contined her turn and her dragon attacked.
"Jam, do something." said Roll.
"Can't." Jam said and saw his monster destroyed. "You've destroyed my Troop Dragon, Mikuru. Now as a reminder to the people, when my Troop Dragons fall in battle, I can special summon another set of them from my deck. And I will place them in defense mode (700/800)." As Jam shuffled his deck, the newly summond Troop Dragon looked at Roll.
Even those guys are looking at that girl. thought Mikuru. And only 800 DEF points, I should've used my other card.
Jam just now notices his monsters. Even these guys are looking at Roll, what gives? he wonders.
"Moving on, I reveal my Dragon's Rage trap card." Mikuru continues her move.
"Rookie mistake not activating it alongside the Bead." said Jam.
"No, I just thought it would be destroyed by your card if it were chained."
"Nice lie, apprentice."
"Well, since you're famous for using Horus the Black Flame Dragon, I will let you explain to the people how it works." and Mikuru searches her deck.

"You see Roll, when Horus the Black Flame Dragon, at level four, or six in this case, destroys a monster in battle, it's controller can special summon the next of Horus the Black Flame Dragon at the end of the turn."
"And how high is it at full power?" asks Roll.
"Level 8." Mikuru answers as she summons her monster in attack mode (3000/1800). "Your move." and Mikuru shuffles her deck.
Jam looks at the opposing field. Great, with LV8 Horus on the field, Mikuru has the power to negate and destroy spells... mainly mine with Horus that strong. And The Dragon's Bead negates and destroys traps that designate her dragons. He then draws. "Let's play a spell, Hand Destruction."
"Hmm... I will allow it. And since both of us have two cards in our hands, there are no choices in what to discard. So let us draw again."
Jam and Mikuru discard their two-card hand, then draw two new cards. "Perfect. I will set one card face down and end my turn."
Mikuru draws. "And here is my secret weapon, but I will save you for later since Horus and I have a handle on things. Horus, attack his monster and inflict piercing damage to his life points!"

Horus destroyed Jam's Monster and the shockwave knocked Jam on his rear <3500>. Dragon's Rage... the trap card that lets dragon-type monsters damage your opponen'ts life points when the target monster's DEF is lower than your attacking monster's ATK. Piercing damage is a curse sometimes. Jam thought as he stood on his feet.
"So, do you have a third Troop Dragon to special summon?" asked Mikuru.
"Nope, I only have two." Jam answered.
"This is a real shame, I thought you would be tougher than this."
"Trust me, I am."
"Whatever, just don't disappoint me like that one so-called dragon duelist."
"And who was that?"
"Some red furred hamster with a clawed eye. Her deck was a shame."
"Hilde is like that, but it's her temper."
"Just move."
Jam draws. "I play Card of Sanctity 2... surely you want more cards..."
"Of course I do." and she began to draw. Idiot, you're only making things better for me. Now I have monsters to fuel my secret weapon.
"Jam, why is Mikuru drawing cards?" asked Roll.
"Card of Sanctity 2 lets each player draw cards until they have six cards in their hand" Jam explained as he drew. "I will now set this monster face down and end my turn."

This is disappointing. thought Mikuru as she drew. "I might as well finish you off." she said. "I summon Spear Dragon (1900/0), then play Nobleman of Crossout."
"No Crossout, I play my Magic Jammer." Jam said, then discarded a card from his hand. "And with my discard, your spell is negated and destroyed."
"So what, I can still finish you off. Spear Dragon, attack!" and Mikuru's monster goes in for the attack.
"Hold it." said Jam and the Spear Dragon stopped in its tracks. "Nice try, but you fell right for my trap."
"Go ahead and play it, waste your card."
"This card isn't a waste... In fact, it's well worth activating. Now to reveal my face down-"
"Quit ranting and flip it."
"Fine. I flip up my targeted monster, the Decoy Dragon." and Jam's monster is flipped (300/200). "And since you're attacking it, this dragon's effect kicks in."
"Decoy Dragon? Oh crap."
"Check this out, Roll. When my oponent attacks my Decoy Dragon, I can special summon a level seven or higher dragon-type monster from my graveyard to the field, then the Decoy Dragon switches the attack to the newly summoned dragon."
"Great, bring out the Blue-eyes again."
"Nope, not this time. I will special summon the dragon I just discarded."

A ring of fire appeared in one of Jam's monster card zones, then his dragon appeared on the field (3000/1800). Everyone was shocked to see the monster that Jam just special summoned. "Wait a minute, that's..." Mikuru trailed off. "Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8... but it doesn't look like mine."
"That's because it isn't the same card as yours." said Jam. "This is Dark Horus! Now my dragon, counterattack!" and Jam's monster destroys Mikuru's Spear Dragon.
"Dark Horus, no way! <6900>"
"Welcome to the dark side of the Black Flame Dragon."
Nazaruda saw this from afar and was intrigued. Interesting... the alternate form of Horus the Black Flame Dragon. he thought. All of the power and none of the levels, how unexpected.
"I didn't know Horus the Black Flame Dragon had a dark side." said Mikuru. "I guess there really are dragons that only you can summon."
"Does that mean your turn is over?" asked Jam.
"Yes."
Jam draws. "I will set this card face down and switch my Decoy Dragon into attack mode, then end my turn."
Mikuru draws. "I play the spell card Fissure and destroy your Decoy Dragon."
"That's fine, but now Dark Horus activates." Jam explains as Decoy Dragon is destroyed.
"What effect is that?"
"When my opponent activates a spell on their main phase, I am allowed to special summon a level four dark monster from my graveyard once per turn. So I will special summon in attack mode my Cyberdark Edge." and Jam's monster appears on the field (800/800).
"Horus the Black flame Dragon, send Cyberdark Edge back to the graveyard." Mikuru announced her attack.

"I knew it was too tempting for you not to take." Jam said with a smirk on his face.
"What are you talking about?"
"You fell for my actual trap this time. And before you go on with the obvious, let me stop you right here." Horus the Black Flame Dragon Launches its attack at Cyberdark Edge. "This trap is called Covering Fire... and it targets my own monster." The attack hits, kicking up a lot of dust. But when the duest settles, Jam's monster is still on the field.
"Hey, what gives, your monster should've been destroyed?" said Mikuru.
"As I was explaining, Covering Fire protects the monster of mine you targeted by adding the ATK points of one other monster on my side of the field to your target."
Mikuru looked startled. "Wait... say that again?"
"I'll say it in a way you can understand. Covering Fire added the ATK points of Dark Horus to Cyberdark Edge during the damage step (3800 ATK). Cyberdark Edge, counterattack!"
"Shit." and Mikuru saw her monster destroyed <6100>. "I will place one card face down and one monster in defense mode to end my turn."
The crowd applaudes as Jam draws his next card. "I play Shield Crush."
"No, that destroys one monster on my side of the field in defense position."
"Very good." and Jam's spell destroys Mikuru's monster.
My Exploder Dragon... beaten by a spell.
"I summon Mirage Dragon (1600/600)."

With the summoning of this new monster, both of Jam's dragons looked at Roll. "Wow, your cards sure do like me." said Roll.
"Hey you two, you can stare at Roll later, we have a duel to finish. Now snap out of it!" Jam ordered his cards. It was at that moment where Dark Horus and Mirage Dragon looked at him. "I never had to give orders to you guys, nor do I like to, but this is not the time to glance away from our opponent. We do not battle this way, and I do not want to have to tell you, as well as the fallen dragons and the dragons with my decks that I have yet to pull what should really be going on here. I need you to listen to me and I need you to stay focused on Mikuru. Roll is not our opponent in this duel, so set your sights on the one who is... please."
Both dragons seemed puzzled, but turned their focus to Mikuru. Wow, such command over his cards. Roll admired Jam mentally.
Great, so much for a weakness. thought Mikuru.
"Dark Horus, thanks to Mirage Dragon, Mikuru cannot activate traps while we attack. Now go, direct attack!" Jam began his battle phase and his dragon attacked.
"This is gonna sting." said Mikuru and she took the blow which knocked her on her rear. <3100>.
"Cyberdark Edge, you're up next."
Mikuru stood to her feet to take the next blow. Lucky Mirage Dragon. <2300>
Jam continued. "Mirage Dragon, attack with Illusion Scythe!"
Mikuru took the third attack, which dropped her to a knee. "Guh..." <700>
"Well, are you still disappointed?"
"No, and I'm glad you're giving me a run for my money. I understand that you had all of this planned now and you were simply baiting me. I should've seen it sooner."
"Well, it's your move."
Mikuru draws. "Yes. Okay, playtime's over. If I'm gonna take my victory against you, i will do it now. I will discard three monsters in my hand to the graveyard, then I will special summon my secret weapon. Behold the power of my Montage Dragon!"

With this, Mikuru special summoned a blue, winged three-headed dragon with deveolped forearms and hands to the field in attack mode. "Whoa, that is one nasty dragon." said Roll.
"I've never come across this dragon until today." admitted Jam. "Just what does it do?"
Mikuru laughed. "The Montage Dragon is my secret weapon, Dragonlord." she began. "It takes three monsters discarded from my hand in order for me to to special summon it. But here's the catch, the power of the Montage Dragon is determined by the levels of its tributes. This dragon gains 300 ATK points for the levels of those monsters, and the discarded monsters share a total of fourteen levels (4200/0). Now, destroy his Cyberdark Edge with Power Collage!"

The three mouths of the Montage Dragon opened and fired their red, blue and yellow colored beams at Jam's Cyberdark Edge, destroying it. Mikuru laughed as she saw her dragon's impressive display of power. "And that is all she wrote." she said. "This duel is mine."
"Not quite." Jam answered. "You didn't win yet, Mikuru. I survived that attack, but just barely." <100>
"What the...."
"42-8=34 Mikuru and I had 3500 life points. Now if your Montage Dragon were one level higher, that braid of yours would have a new color on it. You also could've been the new owner of a Blue-Eyes White Dragon and given a brand new title. Not bad for an apprentice, but you still have a lot to learn."
"I still have you beat, so take it."
"You're right, I should take it... my card, that is." and Jam drew. "I'll set one card face down and play Monster Reborn. It's time to welcome back my Decoy Dragon to end my turn." and Jam brings back his dragon.
"Why didn't you give up?"
"Because I have a hundred reason to keep going. Make your move."
"Here goes everything." and Mikuru draws. "Well, this card can't really help me out, but my Montage Dragon still has enough kick to drop your dragon and give me back my victory. Montage Dragon, destroy the Mirage Dragon!" and Mikuru's attack is launched. "Game over, Dragonlord."
"All too true." said Jam. "I activate my Shift trap card."
"Shift?" Mikuru questioned. "How does that work?"
"Pay attention on how you just lost. Anytime one of my monsters is targeted by one of your monster attacks, spells or traps, I can switch that monster of mine with another one that I control."
"But that meant you'll switch it to... NO!"

Jam laughed. "Very good. And since you can't stop this, you lose. I'll Shift your attack to Decoy Dragon... and this triggers my Decoy Dragon's abitily. And since you're pulling out the heavy artillery, I will as well. So it's time for me to special summon the monster that will bring you down. Rise, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon!" and in a flash of light, Jam's monster returned to the field (4500/3800).
Mikuru was at a loss for words. "Ultimate Blue-Eyes? What happened to the Five God Dragon?"
Jam laughed at Mikuru. "Rainbow, you need to learn how to see through a bluff." he stated. "I took the time to talk about one of my prized cards, but I never mentioned which card I placed in the grave. I simply discarded my Ultimate Blue-Eyes from My extra deck and special summoned one of its fusion materials as listed in the playing of Revoke Fusion. And since you were so busy being psyched out by one powerful dragon, you shrouded yourself from the real threat. Blue-Eyes Ultimate White Dragon counterattack with Ultimate Burst Stream!" and Jam's Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon destroyed Mikuru's Spear Dragon, making her life points fall <400>. Seeing her dragon destroyed caused Mikuru to drop to her knees. "I... I was played for a fool...." she trailed off.
"You have a lot to learn about The Dragon's Bead. Even though I can't target your dragons with my traps due to the Bead's effect, I can use my traps to target my own monsters and counter it. The Dragon's Bead can't be beaten with traps that target dragons, but the traps must have different targets. Both Shift and Covering Fire targeted my dragons, and that is something your Dragon's Bead can't counter.

"But look at it this way, you still have your turn to finish and 400 life points remaining."
What's the use? Mikuru thought. The card in my hand is my Monster Reincarnation spell. And since I need to discard another card in my hand to play it, I'm pretty much done like dinner. Mikuru placed her paw over her deck. "You win, Dragonlord... I have nothing left to play."
"What's the deal with that, she placed her paw over her deck?" asked Roll.
Jam shook his head. "She surrendered." he answered. "When the paw is placed over the deck, this means that the duelist has surrendered the duel."
"You won."
"Yes, but not properly." and Jam walked over to Mikuru, who was still on her knees. "For someone who has so many other dragon duelists beaten, you sure did disgrace them."
"I know I lost, but it's not that-" Mikuru said.
Jam cut her off. "You gave up the duel, which means you have no excuse to speak. Give me your Montage Dragon."
"But... okay. I know the way of the ancient texts." and Mikuru removed her Montage Dragon from her graveyard, then handed it to Jam.
Jam looked at the card. "You realize that by giving up, you have disgraced all the other great dragon duelists that you have achieved victories over. I am not pleased with these actions, I am very displeased with you. If it's one thing other than a cheating duelist that I can't stand, it is a duelist who would rather surrender then face a defeat, even if they know there isn't any other choice left to help them win." and Jam gave Mikuru back her card.

Mikuru shocked. "You mean, you aren't going to take it from me?"
"Why? You gave up... I don't claim rewards from quitters."
"I'm not a quitter..."
"You are. If you surrender to any duelist, even if you're about to lose, you are a quitter! I didn't give up when my turn came around and I had less life points than you did." and Jam withdrew the Clamps of Isis. "Hold out your paws."
"W... wait, what is that?"
"Your paws... now!"
"Yes, Dragonlord." and Mikuru extends her paws. Two instants later, Mikuru sees the Clamps of Isis have locked her paws forward.
"Your judgement has been passed." said Jam and the Clamps of Isis vanished.
"Hey, they're gone." Mikuru said and stood up.
"The Clamps of Isis are still present, Mikuru. However, you have now been cursed... As long as you continue to duel, you will no longer be able to surrender. You will be forced to endure every last duel you enter from her on. Until you succeed in twenty-five duels, you will be afflicted by this curse. The curse will also make it so you accomplish it, so you are unable to quit or retire from dueling until the curse is lifted. The Gods have spoken, and their punishment is true." and Jam walked away from Mikuru.
Roll said nothing, but followed Jam. "I will be freed from your curse, Dragonlord." said Mikuru. "And when I am free of this curse, I will come for you and your title."
*

Dexter left a dueling arena with a sinister smile on his face. Yes, it is ready. he thought. That fool thought that he had my undead monsters beaten, but I fooled him. And with this deck finally completed, I can turn my attention to other details. It was at this moment that Dexter saw Panda sitting on a bench nearby. His expression was sad and lonely, so Dexter went over to his friend. "I haven't seen you this bummed since you ran out of building supplies." he said. "What troubles you?"
"Oh, hamha Dex." Panda greets. "I'm still bummed out on this ban list. It really tore at my heart to find out that I wasted my time on a deck."
"How so?"
"I was building a Cyber Dragon deck... no, I finished building my Cyber Dragon deck down to a science. Then the ban list came in..."
"And Cyber Dragon was reduced to one."
"It's not fair! I had that deck perfectly built. Every strategy taken into account and was almost flawless... I even have the ultimate fusion for the Cyber Dragon. Now it's ruined because I can only have one in my deck. I felt like my time has been wasted."
"There are more machines than the Cyber Dragon, Panda. Just-"
"Build another deck? I tried, but nothing works."
"I was going to say use the Ancient Gear monsters."
"Rei's using those and I want to be unique. I even tried working a deck around my Jinzo... I even have Jinzo - Lord and I can't even build around it."
"Chin up, Panda. I'm sure you'll think of something to do. You always have a backup plan."
"You're right, I do have a lot of options. Thanks for the pep talk."
"No problem."

"Gata gives out pep talks, but doesn't have the pep in his deck to back it up." Panda and Dexter turn to see Kirika. "I have to give you credit for keeping a good spirit, though." she continued.
"Don't waste my time, wench." said Dexter.
"Still mad at your beatdown from Tia, I see? No matter, you'll get over it soon enough."
"If you came to monologue, I'm not interested."
"Monologue... whatever. If you really think that you're ready to face her, you'll find her in Arena 10."
"At least you're useful." and off Dexter ran.
Go on, run to your demise... You are nothing to Tia anyway, Gata. Kirika mentally slurred and continued to walk away.

Meanwhile, Sparkle was busy looking through her cards. "I can't believe the horrible slump I've encountered." she said to herself. "It's like I can't win a duel at all nowadays."
"The words of a weak duelist, how the unmighty truly have fallen." and Sparkle looked up to see Shena.
"Shena, you rat..." Sparkle said.
"Wrong, I'm a sexy, slithering snake." Shena corrected Sparkle. "I guess that's what happens when you leave Duel School too early and don't know a damn thing."
"You graduated in a shorter time than I did."
"But I shattered all of your records and continue to deal damage wherever I lay my cards. But unlike you, I don't have a slump."
"You bitch..." and Sparkle activates her duel disk. "Our last duel gave you nothing but luck, not skill... and you know what they say about luck and skill." and Sparkle starts shuffling her deck.
Shena activates her duel disk. "Enlighten me." and begins shuffling her deck.
"You see, 'There is a slight difference between luck and skill... so cast your dice again.' And this time, our duel is to ensure the real dominance of the Duel School."
"So be it, but you better bring your S-game this time."
"There won't be any excuses for this duel's outcome."
"Then by all means, make things history."

Shena and Sparkle draw their hands and the duel was on. "Okay Shena, you won't get a lucky game this time around." said Sparkle.
"Well since you still wanna monologue, I will start things off." said Shena.
"Please."
Shena makes the opening draw. "I will place one card and one monster face down, then end my turn."
"Is that it?"
"Should I do my move over?"
Sparkle draws. "No do-overs. I call upon my Cyber Harpie Lady (1800/1300). Attack!"
Shena's face down monster is destroyed. "No matter, it's only a Cobra Jar. And when a Cobra Jar is flipped, I special summon a Poisonous Snake Token, which I will have defend me (1200/1200)."
"Moving on, I will set one card face down and end my turn."
She set down a field spell... clever. thought Shena, then she drew. "I will reveal my Damage = Reptile trap card, then set one monster in defense mode and.... one card face down to end my turn."
Sparkle draws. "I play Elegant Egotist."
"Oh no, not another Harpie!" Shena cries out sarcastically.
"Yes, another Harpie from my deck... or better yet, Harpie Lady Sisters (1950/2100)." and Sparkle shuffles her deck. "Next up, I'll throw a card face down, then I summon Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon (1200/600).

"Now lemme remind everyone watching in the fun park that when the Pet Baby Dragon is alongside other Harpies outside of another PBD, or Harpie's Brother, she gains special abilities: When this dragon stands with another female Harpie, none of my monsters can be selected as attack targets; and since I have two other female Harpies alongside my PBD, my dragon's stats are now doubled (2400/1200). Now for the killing blows... Pet Baby Dragon, destroy her face down monster with Minor Saint Flare!"
"Hmf..." and Shena's face down monster was revealed and destroyed.
"I knew you had a Venom Cobra." Sparkle smirked, then continued her turn. "Next up is my Cyber Harpie, destroy her Poisonous Snake Token."
And Shena lost her monster token. "Just remember that when a Poisonous Snake Token is destroyed in battle, you lose life points." Shena explained as her token lunged for Sparkle.
Sparkle took the bite from the monster token <7500>. "I small price to pay, but at least I'll have the lead after my Harpie Lady Sisters attack you directly." and Sparkle's card hits Shena's life points <6150>.
"Are you done?"
"For now."
Shena draws. "I play Snake Rain. First, I discard a card from my hand to the graveyard. Then I discard four reptile-type monsters from my deck to the graveyard and shuffle my deck afterwards." Shena sends four of her monsters to the graveyard and shuffles her deck. "I will finally set this card down and end my turn."
Sparkle draws. "Your attempts to stack your graveyard are futile, Shena. I have enough power to wipe you out and I plan to do just that."
"You don't have the guts."
"Watch me. Attack her directly, my Cyber Harpie." and Sparkle's monster goes in for the attack.
Shena shook her head. "Bitch please... I activate my Mirror Force."
"Crap."
"Too bad that PBD can't save you from trap ffects.... what a shame."
All three of Sparkle's monsters were destroyed. "Moving on, I summon my Harpie Queen and end my turn (1900/1200)."
Shena draws. "I place one monster in defense position and end my turn."

Sparkle draws. "Oh no you don't. I'll reveal my face down spell card, Harpies' Hunting Ground."
"Kiss your field spell good night, revealing Snake Deity's Command. Take a look at the Venom Snake in my hand." and Shena shows her card to Sparkle. "With this, your field spell is negated and destroyed."
"Okay, plan B. I summon Rallis the Star Bird (800/800)."
"What are you gonna do with that?"
"Offer it as a tribute for my face down trap card. I reveal Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi."
"Wind Art...."
"Rallis, use the power of the Sprititual Wind Art and return Shena's face down monster to the bottom of her deck."
Rallis the Star bird is turned into a green sphere of light that bursts into a gust, then the gust returns Shena's monster to the bottom of her deck. "Damn you, you thwarted my plans." said Shena.
"Cry me a river of antidote, you snake." said Sparkle. "Harpie Queen, attack directly!"
And the attack causes Shena to take a knee <4250>. "Looks like you have a decent deck after all."
"This isn't the same deck you faced from last time. This time, you're up against a new side of my winged ladies. But enough monologue, you have a move to make."
Shena draws. Monster Reborn, perfect. But I wanna really punish her. she thought and gave a sigh. "I'll summon my Venom Snake and end my turn."
Sparkle draws. "I attack with Whirlwind Prodigy (1500/1600). Whirlwind Prodigy..."
"Whirlwind Prodigy, you're going to attack my snake, who's in attack mode, with the weaker of your two monsters? You really are slipping..."
"You can't fool me."
"I just figured that you would challenge my snake with your Harpie Queen... or is her highness not worthy enough to drop my snake?"
"You do have a point... I guess I can answer your death wish. Harpie Queen, trounce her snake." and Sparkle's monster attacks.
Egocentric, just like her birds. thought Shena and saw her snake destroyed <3550>. "Now I can put my Damage = Reptile to work." she said.
"How does that work anyway?"
"Pay attention," and Shena grabs her deck. "Damage = Reptile can allow me to special summon a reptile-type monster from my deck whose ATK points are equal to or less than the damage I took. Since I don't have a monster with 700 ATK points, I will special summon a monster that is weaker than that, and I will choose my Cobra Jar in defense mode." and Shena shuffles her deck.
"Another Cobra Jar?"
"You're lucky that you didn't attack with the Whirlwind Prodigy first, because I only have one monster whose ATK points are lower than 300."
"And I don't care. Whirlwind Prodigy, destroy her Cobra jar."

Shena saw her second Cobra Jar destroyed. Ah, the perfect crime... she thought.
Sparkle laughed. "You are a joke, but at least you've learned your place in the world." she said while laughing. "It's your move."
Shena draws, then laughs. "You stupid girl... I have you beat now. But why walk the walk when I can talk it too? But I will let you choose your own demise. Do you want the card I just drew, or the card that was is in my hand?"
"You don't scare me, I can take anything you dish out."
"Fine, your loss. I play Monster Reborn..."
"So what, you have nothing good in your graveyard anyway?"
"Too true, but I do have something disastrous to your life points. Now I revive Venominon, the King of Poisonous Snakes!" and Shena's monster came back to the field in attack mode (0/0).
"Venominon... but how did-"
"I discarded it with Snake Rain and was planning on bringing it back, but thanks to an abrupt Spiritual Wind Art -Miyabi, I had to use other means. Now to explain the King to the viewers. Venominon gains 500 ATK points for every reptile-type monster in my graveyard. Now take a look and count them all." Shena laughs and removes all of her monsters from the graveyard, then shows them to Sparkle.
"One, two... four... Holy crap, that's eight different cards!"
Shena places her monsters back in her graveyard. "That's right, bird brain. And eight monsters means a lot of power (4000 ATK). Venominon, expell her Whirlwind Prodigy to the graveyard with Fanged Venom!" and the attack is launched.

"This is gonna hurt." Sparkle's monster was destroyed and the shockwave knocked her back a few feet and flat on her rear <5000>.
"This duel is mine, girl. Your move."
Nothing in my hand will help me, so I have to draw something good. Sparkle thought, then drew. "I play the Reload spell card. I'll add these two cards from my hand to the deck, shuffle, and draw two more." Sparkle resolves her effect and wasn't let down.
"That didn't help you." said Shena.
"Funny, because Lightning Vortex always helps. And by discarding the other card in my hand, your King of Poisonous Snakes is about to get shocked." Sparkle discards and lightning falls from the sky.
"And since Venominon isn't drestroyed in battle, I can't use the effect he has to revive him."
"Damn skippy." and the lightning destroyed Shena's card, bringing more laughter from Sparkle. "And since you don't have that trap that brings out your other Poisonous Snake, this duel is as good as mine. Harpie Queen, attack her directly!"
The shot made Shena take a knee again <1650>. "Clever move."
"Of course it is, I'm the real Duel School prodigy. Me, not you... and on my next turn, I'll wipe you out and win the duel. This game is over."
Shena draws. "Too true, so lemme explain what is about to happen. With the inclusion of Venominon, I remove all nine of the reptiles in my graveyard from play..."
"Why, that's just plain dumb?"
"Because it is the requirement of my next monster before I can summon it. If you thought Venominon was bad, I got worse for you. Lemme show you what I drew last turn... feast your fearful eyes on Ananta the Wicked Serpent!" and Shena's monster appeared on the field (?/?).
"Questionable stats are never good.'
"No they aren't. And in this case, Ananta gains 600 ATK and DEF for each of those removed from play reptiles (5400/5400)."
"Holy shit...."
"But look at it this way, your Harpie Queen won't have to be wiped out by my seven-headed snake. I have this Smashing Ground just for her."
"No!" and Sparkle saw her monster destroyed.
"Ananta, finish her!" Shena yelled and her monster attacked.

Sparkle closed her eyes and waited for the blow. Damn, that snake has 400 more ATK points than I do life... she thought and began to shed tears. It's over, I've lost. and the final blows knocks Sparkle flat on her back <0>. Tears began to river from her eyes as defeat settled in. It's not fair that I lost... but I can't complain. I gave my best in that duel, but it wasn't enough... I guess I left too early after all.
Shena laughed at Sparkle's fallen frame. "I'm the real prodigy of Duel School. Me, not you... All your are is prey for my snakes." she said. "Duelists like me are poisonous to your health." and Shena walked away laughing.
*
Hilde was still frustrated with herself as of late. "That bitch with the multi-colored braids pissed me off big time!" she yelled out furiosly. "Enough of this, I need a duel... one I know can bring me victory." Hilde then begins scanning the area looking for opponents, then finds one. "Oh yeah, I can't lose to you, even on a bad day." and ran towards her target. While doing so, Hilde knocked a few people down in the process and finally approached her target in front of many people. "All right you geek, this is your unlucky day to duel!" she shouted and pointed at Maxwell.
Maxwell simply turned a page in his book. "Could you keep it down, I am trying to read?" he asked.
"Well put your book down and grab your deck, because I'm calling you out." This time, Hilde's voice turned a few heads. "Get the lead out, geek."
"I'm a bookworm, not a geek. There's a big difference between the-"
"You're wearing my patience thin, now get off of your ass and face me!"
"Like, who the hell are you trying to push around?" and Sandy shows up.
"Push around, no one. But that geek you call a man is avoiding the challenge to duel me." Hilde answered Sandy.
"Have you tried being nicer about it?" asked Maxwell. "I get a major turn-off from demanding women."
Hilde growled. "Nice?! You're obviously still in your imagination. If everyone was nice, you and the rest of you Forbidden Brown rejects wouldn't have gotten kicked out of your dorm. But then again, it isn't the first time you pussies got the boot.

"You wanna know what happened to you guys in Forbidden Brown? You fell off the pyramid and never gotten a chance to pick yourselves back up. Why else do you think that Pegasus has decided to turn his back against you?"
Maxwell put his book down. "Now wait just a minute..." he said.
"Seriously, what kind of duelists are you to get kicked out of your dorm not once, but twice? You embarrassed Pegasus to the point that he no longer sponsors you... But it's not all bad, at least he has us. And all we have to do is simply be bodyguard duelists and occasionally show new cards and take a few losses in the process. No biggy, I guess you'll always be the knockaround dorm..."
"Let's go, Maxy. We don't have to take this, especially not from her likes." said Sandy.
"Go on and run off with your little girlham, you can't duel to defend her honor anyway."
And those fighting words hit a soft spot. "You are soooo getting out of line."
"I don't care, especially since you're gonna cry like last time... and yeah, I know how it worked. Pegasus told us about how you got your feelings hurt by the Dragonlord. Some boyham, I wonder why you put up with a wimp like him...."
"That's it, bitch. I'll kick your ass myself!"
"Stop, Sandy." Maxwell finally responded.
"But Maxy...."
"But nothing." and Maxwell turned around to face Hilde. "You sure have a foul temper and a blabbermouth to be such a great duelist. But it doesn't matter, because you have a few points. I'm not the best duelist in the world... no one is, but I will not allow you to run your mouth any longer. It's time you faced attonement." and from behind where he sat, Maxwell pulled out a gold colored duel disk. accented with ankhs and placed it on his right arm. "It's time you learned about the power of my deck and you will learn the hard way."
"Bring it, geek. I'm not afraid of you, nor am I afraid to beat you."

Hilde and Maxwell began shuffling their decks, then began to draw their hands. But what none of the knew was that Pegasus was there in the area watching. Now young Keeper, show me how you duel your mosters. Pegasus thought. I want to see if you are worthy of the card I bestowed upon you...
"Since you challenged me, I get the first move." said Maxwell as he drew.
"Take it, I wanna wipe up whatever you summon anyway." said Hilde.
"I begin with the spell Hieroglyph Lithograph." Maxwell begins his move, then three stone tablets appear before him. Maxwell soon reads all three of these tablets <7000>.
"So you just hurt yourself for nothing, or is there more to that bunch of rubble?" asked Hilde.
"It increases the maximum amount of cards I can hold in my hand to seven." Maxwell answered.
"That's it?"
"For that spell card."
Hilde laughed. "What a waste, you're better off with Infinite Cards."
"Moving on, I will set one monster and one card face down. Your move."
Hilde draws. "Now lemme show you how to move, geek." she says. "I'll place two cards face down, then summon Hunter Dragon (1700/100). Hunter Dragon, wipe out his monster!" and Hilde's dragon goes in for the attack.
"Nice offense, but it's not strong enough." and the attack is blocked. "Your dragon isn't strong enough to destroy my Royal Magical Library (0/2000)."
"<7700> Tch, just move."
Maxwell draws. "I'll reveal my Pigenholding Books of Spell. This lets me pick up and see the next three cards from my deck, switch them however I wish and return them to the deck." and Maxwell resolves this effect. "Also, since a spell was activated, my Library gets a spell counter. I will now help out my Library with the Book of Secret Arts.... and I shouldn't have to reminds you of this card (300/2300), and another spell counter for my Library is given. Your turn."

"Wow, a deck of books, you really are a geek." and Hilde draws. "Okay geek, I play the spell Hand Destruction. Now pick two cards and-"
"Discard for two knew cards, I know how it works."
"Some people don't." Both duelists discard two cards, then draw two cards fro their decks. "Now I'll sacrifice my Hunter Dragon and summon Divine Dragon - Excelion (1500/900)."
"That's an interesting monster Dragon..."
"And since I have another one in my graveyard, I will use its effect and increase its ATK points by 1000 (2500 ATK). Now I reveal my Dragon's Rage trap card."
"Great, that's not what I needed to see."
"Divine Dragon - Excelion, attack!"
"Not my Library...." and Maxwell's monster was destroyed <6800>.
"This ass kickin' is something you won't get to experience from a book. It's your turn to move, geek."
Maxwell draws. "I play Card of Sanctity 2."
Hilde was shocked. "How did a geek like you get a card that rare?"
"Shut up and draw." Both duelists drew until they had six cards in their hands, then Maxwell continued his move. "Next are two great spells, Spell Economics and Enchanting Fitting Room." and Maxwell played his spells.

Hilde waited a few moments, but nothing happened. "Okay, I may not be familiar with Enchanting Fitting Room, but I do know that you should've lost some life points." she admitted.
"You're right." Maxwell nods. "Enchanting Fitting Room has a cost of 800 life points, but Spell Economics lets me activate spells without having to pay life point costs. Anyway, I pick up the top four cards from my deck and I will place them on the field as shown."
"Then what?"
"I reveal them... Now any level three or lower normal monsters are special summoned to my side of the field, but any other cards go to my graveyard."
"Well, let's see what's going to happen here."
Maxwell picks up the first card. "Card number one is Exodia's Left Arm, which I place in defense mode (200/300)."
Hilde's eyes went wide. Exodia's Arm... so that's what you're running. she thought. Well, I don't plan on letting him get a win with that thing.
Maxwell continued his move. "My second card is Boo Koo, and this one will be in attack mode (650/500); card number three is a spell, which gets discarded; and the final card is a second Boo Koo, who will be in defense mode."
Hilde laughed at Maxwell's defenses. "Book monsters as well, you really are a geek. It's a shame that your books don't have much power..."
"Boo Koo has plenty of punch in its various pages. Next up is another spell card, Sword of the Soul-Eater, which I grant to my attacking Boo Koo." and Maxwell's monster picked up the sword.
"And that helps you how?"
"It'll help me wipe out your dragon."

At this time, the Sword of the Soul-Eater began to react, turning the Left Arm of the Forbidden One and the other Boo Koo into spheres of energy. These spheres turn into beams of energy that fire into the blade of the sword. "Sword of the Soul-Eater can only be equipped to normal monsters from one to three levels. And when this equip spell is activated, every other normal monster on my side of the field is absorbed by the weaponry... But this sacrifice is turned into power, 1000 points of attack power for each normal monster sacrificed by this sword (2650 ATK). Boo Koo, slay that dragon with Soul Eating Slash!"
Using the Sword of the Soul-Eater, Boo Koo custs the Divine Dragon - Excelion and a few of Hilde's life points <7550>. Seeing this attack go through brought appalusse from the crowd and Sandy's eyes lit up. "That was so cool, Maxy." Sandy said.
"That was luck of the draw and nothing more." corrected Hilde. "Your wimpy little book just got a break."
"That's not a book, it's a Boo Koo." said Maxwell. "And if you're done whining, move."
Hilde draws. "I summon the Lord of Dragons (1200/1100), then I play The Flute of Summoning Dragon."
"Great... here we go."
The Lord of Dragons plays his flute. "Now for my two attacking dragons, first I'll bring out my Red-Eyes Black Dragon (2400/2000) and then Kaiser Glider (2400/2200). Then it's Polymerization time, and I'll fuse my Lord of Dragons with the Divine Dragon Ragnarok in my hand. Now you face, King Dragun." and Hilde's fusion monster appeared on the field (2400/1100).

"Whoa, that is not cool." and Maxwell was in awe.
"Be careful, Maxy." warned Sandy. "King Dragun has all the abilities of the Lord of Dragons. And he can special summon a dragon-type once per turn."
"That is a really big problem."
"Yes, and you still have to deal with my face down Stamping Destruction." said Hilde.
"Oh shit..."
"Now let's get rid of that sword."
Maxwell's Sword of the Soul-Eater was destroyed. "Man, that really isn't cool (650 ATK) <6300>. Now I'm wide open for an attack."
"No, you're wide open for a beatdown. Dragons, attack!"
"This is gonna hurt." and the Red-Eyes Black Dragon destroys Maxwell's Boo Koo, causing damage to his life points <4550>, then the Kaiser Glider attacked him directly <2150>.
"And King Dragun comes in to finish you off."
King Dragun attacks Maxwell, knocking him on his back. "Luckily for me, I have a Kuriboh in my hand to negate that last attack." and Maxwell discards his Kuriboh.
"So you managed to save yourself from my assault, but you can't take another attack from any of my monsters. This game is mine, so you might as well give up on your next move."
"Never, I won't surrender to a bully like you." and Maxwell draws. "Bingo. Looks like I'm going into the graveyard this turn."
"Using Monster Reborn to bring back one ov your weak ass Boo Koos again?"
"Nope, I have something else in mind."
"It better be something good."

"In order to call my next monster, I must go into my grave and return all monsters buried in my graveyard to my deck."
"He-ke?"
Maxwell removes all the monsters in his graveyard and adds them to his deck. Afterwards, he places his deck into his duel disk and the duel disk shuffles his deck. "Now allow me to call out something very useful..." he said. "You wanna' see a new card, then I got one for you. Behold, Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden One!" and Maxwell special summons his new monster to the field (?/0).
Wait a minute, that's one of the twenty cards that Pegasus had and wanted us to show. thought Hilde. But how did he get a hold of this?
Sandy, along with everyone else in the crowd was in awe. "Maxwell, where did you find a card that rare..." was all she could wonder aloud.
"The last two cards in my hand will be placed face down and my turn is over." Maxwell said as he made his play.
Hilde draws. "You think that just because you have the rarest version of Exodia on your side of the field, you have things won." she says. "However, you still can't stop me or my dragons. King Dragun, attack Exodius!" and the attack launches.
"You fell right for my trap."
"Too bad it won't work...."
"That's what you think. I reveal my Book of Solar Eclipse!"

The sun is blocked out thanks to the quick-play spell and all monsters on the field are flipped face down. "What the hell?!" Hilde shouted.
"Book of Solar Eclipse set all of our monsters, stopping you dead in your tracks." Maxwell explained.
"But my King Dragun..."
"King Dragun blocks card effects that target dragon-type monsters, but the Book of Solar Eclipse targets all monsters on the field, not dragons only. As a result, all of the monsters were flipped."
"Well, I guess I can't argue about that effect. My turn's over." Once she ended her turn, Hilde's monsters were flipped up, but they were in defense position.
Maxwell draws. "I activate my Needlebug Nest trap card. Needlebug Nest calls for the top five cards of the graveyard to be discarded."
"Great..."
"No, the effect targets me, not you." and Maxwell takes the top five cards of his deck and places them in the graveyard. "I'll set the card I drew face down, flip up my monster and... oh yes, Exodius, prepare to attack."
"You're attacking, but your monster's ATK points..."
"When Exodius declares an attack," Maxwell removes his deck from his duel disk, "I can discard a normal monster from my hand, or in this case my deck to the graveyard." Maxwell searches for a monster. "Ah, I will give up Spirit of the Books." and the selected card is sent to the graveyard. Maxwell then places his deck back into his duel disk and the duel disk shuffles his cards. "Now just so you know, Exodius gets 1000 ATK points for each normal monster in my graveyard. So let's see what's going on... Oh wait, the card I just sent makes two normal monsters, so Exodius has 2000 ATK points (2000 ATK). Exodius, destroy King Dragun!"

Hilde saw King Dragun destroyed and she growled. "Damn you, you'll pay for this, geek!" she yelled.
"Don't get mad, just move."
Hilde draws. "Even with those two monsters, Exodius can't touch my dragons. I'll switch both of them into attack mode and attack with Kaiser Glider." Kaiser Glider attacks Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden One.
"I knew you couldn't resist, so I'll reveal another Needlebug Nest."
"Another one."
"Yep-p." and Maxwell removes the top five cards from his deck. "Luckily for you, I only have one normal monster of these cards, but that monster boosts Exodius (3000 ATK). Counterattack and destroy her Kaiser Glider!"
"Damn, not again." and Hilde lost her second dragon, along with some life points <6950>. "Just move."
"Maxy, you're gonna do it." cheered Sandy.
"Easy, Sandy." Maxwell told Sandy. "4800 life points is a really big gap to fill." then he draws. "But let's see if my Enchanting Fitting Room can shed some light on things."
"Another fitting room?"
"Yep-p. And since I still have my Spell Economics in play, it doesn't cost me at all. So let's see what these four cards hold..." and Maxwell takes the top card. "First up it The Portrait's Secret, but this normal monster is four stars. So I can't summon it to the field, but it does have a use (4000 ATK); card number two is another normal monster, but Labyrinth Wall has six stars (5000 ATK); card number three... Neo Aqua Madoor, but that's another six stars (6000 ATK); and card number four is... I thought I had this in my side deck."
"Just tell us the card." said Hilde.
"It's the Dark Magician, another normal monster that I can't special summon (7000 ATK)." Maxwell discards his four cards. "Wow Exodius, aren't you strong... prepare to attack. But first, I have to discard another monster from my deck, but I'll pull from the top this time." and Maxwell pulls the top card. "And look at this, it's a Boo Koo." and Maxwell discards the card, followed by a quick shuffling of his deck. then Maxwell returns his deck to his duel disk "You really don't look too happy over there, sister. But then again, staring down a monster this powerful would make me an unhappy camper as well (8000 ATK). Exodius, slay her Red-Eyes!"

Hilde was really pissed at how Maxwell played his monster, but was really mad after seeing her Red-Eyes Black Dragon destroyed and watching her life points take a major hit <1350>. "Your deck is horrible." she said.
"If that's the case, you got your ass whooped by a horrible duelist." said Maxwell.
The crowd laughs at Maxwell's response. "Look who just got owned." adds Sandy.
"Screw you." said Hilde.
"No, that's my job." joked Maxwell.
"Hey, TMI." said an embarrassed Sandy.
"This is what you get for being a bully, red. But hey, you can turn it around."
"I'm gonna move now." Hilde says and draws her card. "This monster goes into defense mode and that ends my turn."
Maxwell draws, then laughs upon seeing the card. "Ah man, you are gonna be so pissed."
"Just play, I can't get insulted any further than losing to a geek and his Exodia deck."
"The card I drew is a spell called, Book of-"
"Another book?"
"Of course, I'm a bookworm. This is the Book of Taiyou, which flips once face down monster on the field face up."
"You've gotta be shitting me..."
"No-P."

Hilde watched as the book of Taiyou revealed her monster (1000/1000). "It's a Spirit Ryu." said Sandy.
Hilde was hotter than fish grease. "Fuck you and your books!" she cried out.
Maxwell looked at Sandy, then turned back to Hilde. "The said thing is that I have to discard a monster when I attack with Exodius, so forgive me about the unintentional rubbing of salt on your wounds." he says and searches his deck. "Now instead of pulling a normal monster... oh wait, here's another Boo Koo."
"Another book? Can't you discard another monster besides a damn book?"
"I could, but it won't matter anyway. You still lose the duel (9000 ATK) and I feel pretty damn confident. Exodius, finish her off."
I hate Exodia decks.... she thought and took her killing blow.
Pegasus walked away. Quite impressive, young Keeper. he thought. You have proven your worth not only to me, but also to The Forbidden One himself.
Sandy glomped Maxwell. "Maxy, that deck of yours is something else." she said happily. "You totally ruled that duel."
"Not bad for a bookworm." said Maxwell.
"Dude, that was awesome." someone in the crowd said.
"That's the best Exodia deck I've seen in my life." said someone else in the crowd.
"Knowledge really is power." said another individual in the crowd.

"Come on, Sandy. Let's go get some of that acorn pizza that I've been hearing about." said Maxwell.
"Sure." said Sandy and the two walked off. "Maxwell, you really do know how to duel."
"Nah, that was just a little knowledge and power."