Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Dread of my Heart ❯ Yugi, where are you? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

//I wonder how they are. // This questioned went threw my mind as I stood in front of his grandfather's shop. My memories of the past flew by me, surrounding me in the same guilt that I felt as I left them behind. “Eevee,” my Pokemon questioned me, as if it new that my heart was pounding with vain? “I left them to become a Pokemon Trainer, and I promised to return when I am one of the best Metro, I promised and now I am back.” The small brown creature looked at me, confused, but somehow I knew that it felt my fright, my dread. “I think Metro…you will have to return.” I whispered the last words. A red beam caught my friend, sucking him inside of my Pokeball. “I promise to let you out soon, but now there are more important matters.”
 
My legs carried me towards the Game Shop, where I once played with them, my best friends. Did Tea become a Dancer yet? Has Yugi achieved his goal in having more friends? My steps went further and more longingly until I started to run from one side of the road to another, my heart beating so fast that I could not breathe properly. “Yugi, Tea.” My thoughts raced threw my brain, pictures forming faster the nearer I came to my destination. The playground, the school, the car ride, the amusement park, all these memories, it was too much, after eight years the guilt of leaving them alone had caught me and I shoved it away, so long had I ignored it and had continued in my long quest of hope and grief.
 
Standing, I looked threw the glass door. He was there, but where was Yugi? I missed his smile, even though eight years had passed. Mr. Mouto was still the same, friendly and mature looking. I smiled, maybe it would be easier then I had thought it would be. Stepping threw the door, a bell rang and gained the old mans attention. He looked up shortly and blinked, his blinks became more rapid. “Nika, is that you?” His shocked tone reached my ears before I finally gave away. “MR MOUTO! IT IS ME, WHERE IS YUGI, WHERE IS TEA, ARE THEY ALRIGHT; OH I HAVE MISSED THEM SO MUCH!” My tears fell after every word; I probably looked like a complete wreck.
 
“It is alright Nikashi, stop your tears, they are not here, they are in America…trying to find the three God Cards,” his words felt wrong, something was missing. “Mr. Mouto, what happened?” My question echoed threw the shop; his eyes fell shut before he opened them again with a sad expression. “If you want to know so much Nika, go to America, you will find them there, maybe the train would be a good idea,” he spoke soft and unsure. //Shouldn't I take Swift? // With a second thought, Mr. Mouto had a good idea; the train would be the best. “I will, but where too,” I questioned him? “Go where your heart leads you too, you always have done that,” he spoke to me. I nodded shortly and left the shop. Was he right? Did I always follow my heart?
 
As I had left Mr. Mouto smiled. A white bubbling light surrounded him before a small Pokemon appeared. “Mew,” it cried once before leaving this devoting world. ~ May your soul rest in peace soon ~ A second voice echoed threw the air, reaching me. “Lugia,” I whispered into the wind, feeling a sudden comfort in my position of throttled wounds? A light surrounded my hand. I realized soon after that I held something in it, the card felt strong and delicate with its smooth surface. Lifting the card eyelevel to my face I smiled secretly, Lugia had always been there for me…
 
(*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*+ (*)+
 
“Where to young miss,” the ticket man asked me? My eyes felt heavy, more guilt flew threw me. Not only had I lost my way, but had I lost more then I bargained for. “I…I want to go to…America?” My own words turned against me. “I do not know if you want to go to the USA, you must know it yourself if you want to go or not, but think again, we are only a train station, you will have to either go by plain, or take the long ship ride past the ocean,” he told me, confused about my actions and words. “I will fly by air,” I said shortly, not looking at him, my eyes were watering again as a new guilt reached me, the guilt of loosing a dear friend.
 
“Well then, could you please move, I have more travellers waiting for their train ticket,” he told me sternly! I nodded, not saying a word to him, I felt so heavy and tired. It had taken me so long to find a way threw the other world, to find this world; it was not possible, how come now, after…after this sudden defeat. I sighed heavily, my throat feeling so soar and dry. I went towards a wide corridor, taking one Pokeball into my hand. “Swift, your turn,” I called, my voice returning to its normal tone! The ball opened in the air, letting light glide towards the skies. A shrill tone was heard from the white beam, forming a creature. People from here would have said it was a steel toy, created by some crazy scientist. I knew to well who or what it was.
 
“Skarmory,” it shrieked once again, before flying towards the ground and landing safely in front of me. “Swift, would you fly me towards America?” He looked at me baffled. “Skar,” it asked me, not catching on what America was? “I will show you the way,” I told him, my eyes never leaving his brown ones, somehow I knew the way. He nodded swiftly and bent down, so I could climb on top of him. He made sure I didn't cut myself on his sharp metal wings that were coated in silver and red. “We should get started Swift, it is getting late and I want to be there by nightfall,” I told him! He nodded again and took off, looking back both of us saw a glimmering green light watching us intense and with care…
 
(*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+ (*)+
 
My eyes shone with panic and fright, my heart started to pound against my chest. “Spark be careful,” I called to him! The yellow dog like creature evaded the next attack of rocks and earth. The opponent was too strong and brutal. My thoughts raced inside my head, I was so scared, for me and for Jolteon. I grabbed my Pokeball, trying to return him, but a loud crackling sound caught my attention. My eyes widened in fear as I saw what was about to come. The attack struck past me, grasping my hand where I held Spark's Pokeball. I shouted and screamed in pain, fell to my knees, grabbed and squeezed my now paralyzed arm. The Thunder attack could have killed me and that straight away!
 
Spark looked at me, scared and confused, his opponent was not normal and not humane either. “No changing in Pokemon and no escape, I challenged you and you will accept!” His voice rang threw me like a bell. I did not agree to the battle, I though had heard from him and his ways. Spark was the unfortunate Pokemon which stood beside me as he challenged me. His eyes shining with concern and worry for me. “S…Spark, use Thunderbolt,” I called to him, warning him with the tone in my voice, he knew all too well how mighty a Dragonite could be. My opponent laughed; his laugh was cold and unfriendly, nearly evil.
 
“Never try to go offensive with me and Dragonite, you might end up in a nasty fight,” his eyes went into slits, his smile into a devilish expression. My voice broke at that moment; my fear grew with every second. Spark had launched his attack, striking the Dragon Type with trashing power, but it seemed not too effective against it. “Dragonite Hyper Beam,” he shouted to it! The eyes of the Pokemon narrowed and it concentrated. Spark was literally waiting for my command; he continuously stared back at me before he put it into his own paws. He speeded towards it biting it in the leg and chewing on it, trying to gain its attention. The Flying Type grunted once in annoyance before kicking the Jolteon off his leg.
 
“Spark…are…you ok,” I breathed out, my voice was weak and dry, sounded desperate? The Jolteon though heard the weak excuse for a voice and nodded, his ears twitching. The Dragonite shot loose with his Hyper Beam, missing me by an inch, tree branches and trees fell onto the ground, destroyed and broken. I gasped as I heard a loud crack behind me; I twisted my head, watching as the giant tree fell towards me. My eyes widened even more as it landed on top of me, crashing me underneath it. “JOLTEON!” My Pokemon was scared and panicked now, just like me.
 
I felt weak, weak from the heavy weight I felt on top of me. I coughed to find blood spread from my mouth to the floor and towards a nearby puddle. I was paralyzed from fear. Spark howled one last time before running towards me. A large Blizzard like attack struck him before he could proceed far enough to help me. He flew threw the air, landing on the hard rocky surface of a stone. The Jolteon howled in pain as he felt the sharp spikes under his skin. I heard his painful cry and tried my best to get up, to help, to come to his aid, but my own blood kept me from moving. The only thing that echoed threw my mind afterwards was a loud laugh and a command.
 
“HIDDEN POWER!” My ears didn't deceive me at that time. My head shot upwards as I saw a glowing sensation in the Dragonite's eyes, pure black. The earth began to shake rapidly, I felt it. My heart skipped minutes, seconds of my life as I rapidly thought what was going to happen to me or Jolteon. The attack was launched, five crystal balls racing towards me, racing towards my death, I knew somehow it was over, but fear caught me fast and I screamed the words that I would regret all my life: “SPARK, PLEASE HELP ME!”
 
The words echoed towards the fainted Pokemon, his ears twitched once again, his eyes snapped open. My fear grew with every second, but no other words escaped my lips. “What will happen to my Pokemon,” I questioned myself? I looked up once more, every second becoming slower and my sight became weaker. A hard blow from my left side snapped me back to reality, my side ribs felt smashed and bruised as I flew threw the air and onto the hard ground, that was covered with so many green streaks, grass. A white energy beam struck the tree I laid under. Wait a minute, did I lay there? My eyes opened as I saw the tree crackle and shred into small wooden toothpicks.
 
My heart raced once more with one thought: “SPARK!” I saw the Jolteon, lying there, still conscious. I sighed in relief. He made attempts to get up, and my brain respond I should help him. I tried to get up, but was too weak. Another loud, high pitched whistle came from my side and before I knew it, I was flying in the air once again and landing safely in a bush, though I could see every tree and rock in front of me. “S...Sp...ark,” my low voice said before I fell unconscious.
 
I opened my eyes a while later, crawling out of the bush, I searched the grassy meadow for any evidence of the fight that just had raged. My mind snapped back to one thought, where was Spark? I stood up, it was hard, but I made it. I looked over to the cliff range, and saw a giant hole blasted into it. I don't know what made me go there, but I released Metro before hand, I thought I needed some help while I walked over to the massive split rocks. He followed me, asking me in his language what had happened; I thanked my small Eevee for that, I had somebody to talk to.
 
I weakly climbed over the broken rocks, falling and tripping over many that lay in the way, Metro always by my side listening intense to my words. “Eevee, vee, ee,” it continued to talk to me, making it clear he did not want me to give up. I smiled at him weakly, he smiled back. Near the giant hole, Metro began to sniff, his ears twitching with sudden fright. I knew the moment he turned to the now existing cave, that something was awfully wrong. I climbed over another pile of rocks, into the cave, but nothing was there. “It is not that deep Silph,” I told him, sighing that Spark was not there. Silph though, tried to move the stones underneath me, trying desperately to move them.
 
I cottoned on and helped him. Soon the stones gave away threw the top weight and slipped aside, a yellow / red creature lying underneath them. “Spark?” My voice crackled once again, tears started to form in my eyes, the realization of what was lying there made me crack. “Spark, are you alright,” I asked the in blood soaked Pokemon? It did not move, he did not answer. “Spark…a…are y…you okay,” I asked once more before the painful truth hit me and Silph. “SPARK NO DON'T LEAVE ME!” I plopped to the ground, crawling to the Jolteon, its lifeless eyes were open, its face twisted in fear and hate.
 
Its fur lost its electrifying touch, no spark was coming out of him. “Oh please no,” I sobbed, noticing that he was not moving. Silph snuck up to him, hitting him lightly with his paw. “Eevee,” it said quietly before getting louder after the third time. I crawled further and took the fallen Pokemon into my arms. “I will never give you up, …never Spark…never,” my eye sight got blurred from the stream of tears that I cried. Silph standing beside me, crying equally as it recognised his friend would never return.
 
+~+~+~+~+~+
 
My hands pressed together, I prayed. My tears never leaving me, my guilt never leaving me either. My six Pokemon had their heads down, listening to my speech of wisdom. Thunder sat beside me, his eyes shining in determination as it looked up to his fallen friend's grave. Silph stood beside him; the two Eevee's looked at each other before Thunder nuzzled my arm. I looked down at him, my eyes lifeless. “Vee,” it told me, motioning towards my bag pack. “Believe me Thunder, you don't want to,” I told him. He though ignored my words. “VEE,” it told me sternly! “But remember you can never change back,” I advised him. He nodded. He wanted to, in his best friend's wishes and for me. His eyes shined more now.
 
He was a loyal Pokemon, maybe that was the best way for him and later for me as well. I took out a small stone and placed it into my hand, gazing at it while I thought. My Pokemon looked at me, sadness and grief written on their faces. Silph stood beside me, he never left my side. Thunder came up to me; his stern look told me enough, he was ready. “I wish you luck and that you step into his paw prince like you wished,” I told him quietly, he nodded. The stone touched his fur and he began to glow a sudden yellow, the light over - flooding him. The rest of my friends watched and hoped. The light soon faded as another yellow Pokemon stood in front of me. “Jolte,” it sighed once before looking at me with his blue eyes.
 
I stared back, but turned my stare away from him, this was the start of a long expedition of forgetting fate…
 
*********************************
My eyes snapped open. “We have arrived…,” I did not hear the name of the place, but saw people going and coming. I closed my eyes once more, I was in the train, I had been in the train for ages now, sleeping, waiting, Silph by my side and Swift had been recalled before. We had ridden surely for more then four hours, maybe a day? Silph looked hungry, but was full in energy; during the long ride he was asleep most of the time, just like me. A trailer past us and I bought us some drinks and food for both of our hungry and thirsty stomachs. The drink was nice to the throat, I had been crying while I slept, first noticing it as I looked into the window.
 
Silph was busy drinking his orange juice, knowing full well he shouldn't have it. I sipped on mine, eating some crisps while I thought. “Is he okay Tea,” a voice rang threw the train, my ears and thoughts snapped open to the name. I sat up in my chair, thinking it was just my imagination. “Be quite Joey,” a female voice went threw the wagon, my heart raced once again and Silph could feel my panic. He stood up looking at me with concern. I climbed onto me chair and looked over the edge of the next one, spotting somebody I had dreaded to see for more then eight years. “T-e-a,” my voice crackled? The brunette turned her head looking into my equally shiny blue eyes.
 
“Nika,” she questioned me, recognising my eyes and hair, maybe the looks as well. “Hey I have found you,” I told her quietly, my frown turning into a smile. “What are you doing in America,” she questioned me? I turned my head, looking at a hairstyle that was easily recognised. “YUGI,” I called to him, full of joy and glee!!! He didn't turn his head. “Tea, what is a matter with Yugi,” I asked, confused? “He is not here,” I heard a male voice talking, twisting my head to the left side I saw a blond boy sitting next to a brunette one. “And… what do you mean …by that,” I asked? “That has nothing to do with you, who the hell are you anyway,” the blond got aggressive!
 
“But…but…Yugi and Tea are my friends, always were and have always been,” I chocked out! “Joey we know her, she is a long time friend from me and Yugi, but moved away long ago,” Tea defended me. The blond, I think Joey, was sitting back down into his seat, staring at me, just like the other. “Tristan, Joey, this is Nika,” Tea spoke, the two still glaring at me; something was wrong, very wrong. “Something has happened right,” I said, my voice breaking? “Why do you think that,” Tristan remarked sarcastically! I looked back at Yugi; his face was hidden by shadows. Were they different now? Why would it surprise me? I had awaited a friendly smile, a hug and a hello, that was what I had longed for.
 
Yugi got up, quickly and determinate, he looked so taken aback from something. “Yugi wait,” I called after him! “Just leave him alone, he does not need more trouble,” Joey stated to me, Tea looking on the ground, hurt. I felt so alone and beaten. “Silph, we are off,” I whispered to him. He jumped onto my shoulder. “Nikashi wait! You don't know what has happened, but if you wish, I will tell you,” Tea spoke softly. The other two teens looked at her surprised; it would take some time to gain their trust. “I will tell you it out there,” she said, taking me in the opposite direction, out of the wagon. “Tea…what happened,” I questioned, my eyes feeling weak again, my tears threatening to fall.
 
“A nice Pokemon you have, I thought I would never see you again after you and Spark left.” My heart ached; the pain shot threw my veins. “This…is…Silph,” I told her, my Eevee greeting her. “And where is Spark then,” she asked me, my face darkened. “He…is…not here,” I told her, my tears starting to roll, but I stopped just in time, my breaths came heavier and hurt. “Well then…where is he?” My heart struck me, killed me once again, the thought of him, loosing him. “I…I don't want to talk about,” I told her, “maybe later when I ..,” I trailed off and looked at her, she looked concerned about me.
 
“Okay, you can tell me later then Nika,” she told me, respecting my decision. “Well then, what happened to Yugi,” I asked her? “Yugi is not here Nika, he is gone,” she said bitterly, as if the memory gave her agony, just like mine. “He…was out there,” I told her. “That was not Yugi; he is an ancient Pharaoh who sealed himself into the Millennium Puzzle. He saved the world thousands of years ago,” she explained. “Who,” I asked, had I lost another friend? It took Tea long to explain what exactly had happened, my heart shattered with every word, Yugi was gone, my first best friend was taken? My tears rolled once again, I tried to keep them in, but failed. “Nikashi are you alright,” her words stung, her voice was as cracked as mine and I had forced her to bring back memories, awful and painful memories.
 
“I am so sorry Tea, I didn't mean to,” I sniffed, my heart aching more! “It is okay Nika, everything will be alright, we will get Yugi back,” she comfort me. “Then I will help you, let me help you,” I demanded! She stared at me before nodding. I smiled for the first time in a while again, Silph watching my features rest, my first deeds of hope; I could get Yugi back, but not Spark. We went back towards the seats, I noticed something wrong once again, the once lively trailer was empty, the people had vanished. My eyes searched the room, confusion once again gaining over my face. Yugi…the Pharaoh had returned from his long thoughtful journey, was his heart aching like mine? Tearing apart his very soul from guilt and anguish?
 
Tea explained to her friends that I would accompany them, searching for Yugi with them. Joey and Tristan nodded and soon gave me a warm welcome; never had I thought that from them. The Pharaoh looked at me, never ever had I seen a second person looking like Yugi, but it was Yugi's body, just not Yugi. I stretched out my hand towards him, earning a hand shake. His eyes piercing threw my mind, I could feel it. “Hey guys haven't you noticed something weird,” Tristan questioned? “Like what,” Joey asked? “Well the wagon is empty,” Tristan told us. We looked around, noticing what we had failed to take in.
 
“You're right, where are they, this is getting too creepy,” Joey said, looking scared, like a puppy, but sweet in one kind of way. My heart stopped shortly before racing again, something was piercing my mind again, but it was not the Pharaoh, it was something different, something more powerful, or weaker? The Pharaoh rushed towards the other end of the wagon opening the doors, I and Tea followed close behind, Tristan and Joey a little further away. The wagon separated from the line as the Pharaoh stepped over, I had luck, stepping over at the exact same time. Tea was willing to follow us and jumped the small distance that parted them from us, Joey and Tristan had no chance.
 
“Get help,” Tea called to them as she landed safely between me and `Yugi'. I think I will continue calling him by Yugi's name. Yugi went towards the lock while Tea called the chief for help, to no avail. Soon a loud laughed interrupted my thoughts; Yugi had climbed on top of the wagon, glaring at a strange looking boy. “Tea, who is he,” I asked her, climbing up next to her? “That is Weevil, one of Yugi's rivals,” she told me. How a simple card game could turn friends to enemies in one cunning twist, or were they ever friends? My mind filled with grief once more, what had I missed while I was away? I felt panic rise as well, never had I thought that a train could move so fast, I never actually was in one.
 
The conversation took an interesting twist, or awful twist, stupid twist? I do not know how to express it, it felt so strange. A card was played after Weevil had tricked Yugi into battling him, was it battling? Question after question rang threw my head and before I knew it a green circle had reached me and Tea, knocking us off the side and whacking us towards the wagon behind. Tea found her grip, I did not. My head circled as I flew straight ahead, away from the fast running train. “Nika!” Tea called me, desperate and scared for me, Yugi did the same; it was a wonder hearing his now deep voice that I felt immobilized no more. “Swift,” I called and grabbed my Pokeball; Silph was hanging onto me for dear life and protection!
 
I don't think Joey or Tristan had noticed Eevee, neither had Yugi. A ball flew threw the air towards Tea and opened up. My Skarmory appeared with a swift elegant move. “Swift help me,” the two last words that rolled off my tongue were the ones I had dreaded after Spark's death. //NO!// I thought //I haven't said them! // Swift came speeding down towards me, my expression in shock, Silph in my arms as I fell deeper. Swift flew up to me, reaching for me with his beak and holding me tight before flying back up. He flew back onto the wagon, putting me down safely. I held onto Silph, not letting go of him, he too, was scared for dear life, the energy that had knocked us off, giving him daily nightmares.
 
I do not know anything else that happened, only Tea walking or crawling next to me, me shouting for Yugi. He should win, he must win, these thoughts crossed my mind. Swift was always near me and Silph, looking after their Trainer, I thank them for that. The dual ended with Yugi winning I cheered for him before noticing that my expression had changed in the process of the duelling. First defeat, then anger and then cheering, then happiness of him winning, he had the same experience as I had and was now fighting to get Yugi back. I couldn't, Spark was gone forever.
 
The train screeched before the entire metal was catapulted off the tracks. I screamed for Swift to help us, and he did, but couldn't catch all of us at once, so Yugi and Tea had fainted while falling. I was worried; I did not want to loose more friends!
 
Landing safe on the ground I looked up, a man standing on a large cliff, his stare friendly but strong, I knew I had found my destiny after I had looked into his very soul…