Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Kaiba’s Experiment Gone Wrong ❯ The Mishap ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon or Yu-gi-oh. It's too bad. Oh well. I move on.
---
Part One: The Mishap

Ash woke up in a strange bed. That confused him. Everyone was supposed to be on the road in sleeping bags. Why was he suddenly in a bed? He opened his eyes. This bedroom wasn't his! Ash's bedroom didn't have skylights, and there wasn't any of his Pokémon stuff anywhere! And the cute pajamas he was wearing weren't his either! What happened while he was sleeping?

"What's going on? Ahh! My voice! My voice doesn't sound like this!" He sounded much cuter. That's when he found a mirror and took a good look at himself. Ash didn't look like himself anymore… he had spiky black hair with yellow and reddish pink highlights. His eyes were purple, bigger and cuter too.

"Nooo! This isn't my body!" Then Ash spotted a shiny gold pyramid-like necklace on the bedside table. It had "wear me!" all over it. That's when the fun began.

"Yugi…" Someone that looked like a bigger meaner-looking him popped out of nowhere. The man was semi-transparent.

"Who are you? Are you a ghost?" Ash asked, afraid of what the man would do to him.

"It's me Yugi. You know who I am."

"I don't know who you are, or who Yugi is! I want my own body back!" Ash looked really cute when he complained.

Something happened then. Ash was teleported to a room that had Pokémon and Pokémon stuff in it. On the wall were Pokémon posters. A picture on the wall had Ash and co. on it. Then the transparent man came back, not looking so transparent at all.

"You aren't Yugi!" he said. "The room's different! And you look different!" It was true: it was as if Ash had his body back.

Ash was shocked still. What was this room, and why did it change? And where in the world were they?

"This is bad," the man continued. "We have to duel Kaiba today." The way he said Kaiba made him sound like a bad guy.

"Is a duel a Pokémon battle?"

"What's Po-ké-mon? Are they what all these things running around are?" The big guy pointed to a Pikachu that was running around.

"Yah. Then what's a duel?" Ash was very curious. If they didn't have Pokémon, then what did the people around here fight with?

"It's a card game called Duel Monsters. You have a forty-card deck full of monster, magic and trap cards. We then use holograms to make the cards come to life."

Ash was amazed. "Duel Monsters sounds interesting!"

"My name is Yami. I will take over during the duel, so that way, there's no way we can lose!"

Ash then gave Yami a high-five. He seemed nice enough.

* * *

Meanwhile, Yugi woke up in a sleeping bag. It felt like Duelist Kingdom all over again. But this was unlike anything he had ever seen. There was a big yellow rat right next to him.

"Ahh! What kind of Duel Monster is THAT?" he asked. Yugi knew of all kinds of Duel Monsters, but none looked like this… and how was it alive? There seemed to be no duelists around, or anyone that could use Shadow Magic…

There were two other people in separate sleeping bags waking up. It seemed like Yugi wasn't the only one to switch bodies…

"What's going on? Where's my big bed? And the mansion?" a man sounding like a sympathetic Kaiba asked.

"Kaiba?" Yugi asked.

"How did you know my name?" Kaiba asked.

An orange-haired girl looked at them as if they were crazy. She then picked up a frying pan.

"Brock! Cook!" she ordered. "I need breakfast!"

"Make your own. Seto Kaiba does not cook." The orange-haired girl then pulled his ear and moved him over to the firewood.

"I don't care if you're the World's Greatest Pokémon Master, you will cook breakfast!" she yelled. Then she dropped the frying pan on Kaiba's foot.

Kaiba wanted to kill her. "Who do you think you are, bossing around me, Seto Kaiba, President of Kaiba Corp. and soon-to-be the World's Number One Duelist?"

"And I think I'm Ash's wife," she said sarcastically. "Now COOK!"

"Who's Ash?" Yugi asked, very curious.

"You are Ash, you dummy. Brock, MAKE OUR BREAKFAST!"

Poor Kaiba had no other choice. HE went to the big backpack next to his sleeping bag. It was heavy, and Kaiba wondered if this Brock guy packed rocks in it. Kaiba then pulled out stuff and attempted to make pancakes.

Meanwhile, the yellow rat woke up and looked straight at Yugi like if it had known him since… forever. "Pikapi?" it asked.

"What's Pikapi?" Yugi asked. The yellow rat sniffed Yugi, who was very frightened. "Why are you sniffing me?"

"Pi! Pikachu!" The rat could tell that Yugi wasn't the boy that he looked like. Then it shot electricity from its cheeks. Yugi fell to the ground crispy.

"Ow! That's no Duel Monster!" Yugi yelled.

The orange-haired girl looked confused. "What's a Duel Monster? Whatever it is, that's not what Pikachu is! It's a Pokémon!"

"A wha?" Kaiba and Yugi asked at the same time. The girl sighed.

"I need my friends back. Let's go. It's obvious that whoever's impersonating Brock can't cook." Kaiba had burnt the pancakes he was attempting to make. "Oh, and by the way, I'm Misty, and Pikachu is a Pokémon. Pokémon are creatures that battle each other. You capture and train them." Misty then went over to Yugi's belt, which had strange white and read balls on them. She pulled one off. "This is a pokéball. That's where the Pokémon are. Just throw it and say 'go Pokémon' and it should come out." She tossed the pokéball back to Yugi, who put it on the belt again.

"Interesting. Are there God Pokémon?" Kaiba wanted to be the world's greatest trainer if he couldn't get his dueling deck.

"Uh… there's legendary Pokémon."

"Then I'll capture all of these Legendary Pokémon and become the World's Greatest Pokémon Trainer!" Kaiba yelled.

"You mean World's Greatest Pokémon Master," Misty corrected.

"Whatever."

-tbc-

This is really interesting. I like the way it's turning out so far.
I hope it's okay. It's later that I should be worring, not now. It gets screwy later... hehe...