Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Camp's Moonlight ❯ Walk of Trust, Star Gazing Night ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Camp's Moonlight

By Crystallic Star

Disclaimer: Don't own Slayers, Yu-Gi-oh!, or Sailor Moon.

A:N YAY! I finally finished chapter 6! ^_^

Chapter 6: The Walk of Trust, Star Gazing Night

"And for our hike today, we're going to be doing a little activity. " Xellos explained, holding a blindfold in one of his hands," It's called the Walk of Trust."

"Pretty corny name..." Seto muttered.

"I couldn't agree more." Usagi said, nodding in agreement.

"In this hike, on of you will be blindfolded for half of the way. You must rely on your partner to lead the way. (A:N I actually did this at camp...My partner 'accidentally' walked me into a bush, at least she didn't walk me into a tree like some others. I hung unto my partner like a life saver the rest of the hike, numbed her arm for a while... I thought this would go perfectly for the Usagi+Seto bonding...hehe...)" Xellos explained.

"Here are your blindfolds." Filia said, handing them to each duo.

"Who goes first?" Usagi asked.

"Why don't you go first?" Seto suggested.

"Alright! But please...don't lead me into any bushes or logs." Usagi pleaded, wrapping the blindfold around her head. Seto tied it behind her head.

"Don't worry. I'm not that kind of person who'll pull something like that...but if it was a certain someone I didn't like, maybe I would..." Seto told her.

"Do you like me?" Usagi asked.

Seto blushed, " Well...I-I know that I don't don't like you. I-I-I mean, I'm sure that I don't hate you or anything...I-"

"You mean you like me." Usagi guessed.

"Y-yes..." Seto muttered, looking down and trying to avoid her gaze...although it was blindfolded...

"Alright people; let's get moving." Filia commanded.

Usagi was now clinging unto Seto's arm, cutting of his blood circuit. I mean, she was blindfolded and walking down a steep hill! And the only person keeping her from tumbling down the hill and really hurting herself was Seto.

"Uh...Usagi? Could you please loosen your hold? You're cutting my blood circuit off..." Seto told her," You don't really seem to trust me...or maybe you trust me too much..."

"S-sorry..." Usagi apologized and loosened her grip. But now, Seto went back to blushing at the closeness.

Usagi relaxed, somehow sensing that Seto wasn't going to let her tumble down the hill...not even trip over a rock as well.

'I can't believe that I'm actually walking arm in arm with THE Seto Kaiba!' Usagi cried happily in her mind,' And he's SO much cuter then I thought of him to be! Wait till the girls hear about this!'

Both of them didn't notice the slightly evil smile that curled up on Xellos's lips...or when he opened his eyes (Which are closed most of the time.), they had a sinister gleam them.

They didn't know, but Filia surely noticed. She glared at him, trying to figure out what was he so happy about. But what she didn't notice was Xellos raising his hand a bit, and then snapping his fingers.

Then a huge ka-boom was heard as the edge of the hiking trail began to crumble and slide down the hill. And from top of the hill, rocks came sliding down.

"NAMAGOMI!" Filia cried accusingly, and at the same time turned to see what was happening to the others.

The blindfolded were being tugged along by the ones who could actually see at the moment. They were all heading towards Filia and Xellos. Since where they were standing, not rocks were falling.

"What's happening?!" Usagi cried frantically, she didn't like what she heard. And what she heard was screaming! And tumbling of rocks and stuff!

Seto chose not to answer, but shielded Usagi as rocks tumbled towards them.

To Usagi, it felt like running away from an unseen force. But somebody was guiding her away from the rocks, someone she should trust. And she trusted that someone. At this moment, she trusted him with her life.

While Usagi was thinking, Seto had gotten both of them out of the landslide.

"That was great kids! You really trusted your partner!" Xellos congratulated, feeding of the confused and chaotic and other negative emotions that came from the teenagers and Filia.

WHAM!

"You planned this, didn't you?!" Filia demanded, it was more of a statement then a demand.

"Well...it certainly made the kids trust each other more." Xellos told her," and it was fun to watch them!"

"That landslide and everything was planned?" Seto asked in disbelief.

"I'm starting to feel REALLY uneasy around these camp teachers...they could actually be the death of us..." Usagi whimpered.

"And that's no joke." Seto said.

"Okay kids! You can take off your blindfolds!" Xellos chirped.

Now it was Seto's turn to be the blindfolded.

'I hope Mr.Xellos won't do anything like that again...I don't think I'll come out of it alive...Oh well, at least I had my chance at a romantic interest.' Seto thought, glancing at Usagi before putting the blindfold over his eyes.

"Let's get going and...." Xellos added in a menacing tone," watch your step..."

Seto gulped at hearing this, things were getting creepy. But he wasn't going to let it show! He wasn't to cling on Usagi, even if he was kind of scared.

"Seto..." Usagi said.

"Yes?" Seto asked as they began walking.

"Now you're cutting my blood circuit off." Usagi informed him.

"S-sorry..." Seto said, blushing.

"Oh no..." He head Usagi's voice.

"What is it?" Seto asked.

"There seem to be all sorts of debris on the floor. But I must admit...Mr.Xellos isn't that original with that 'watch your step' thing. It would be better if he put invisible strings or popping out snakes or something..." Usagi commented.

"Please don't say that..." Seto grumbled.

"Okay! I'll lead you so you won't even trip! You led me through the landslide; it's only fair for me to repay you!" Usagi cried, enthusiasm flowing through her.

Seto found Usagi's enthusiasm comforting, and relaxed his grip. He closely listened as Usagi gave him quick info of how big the rocks were in front of him, leading him around them.

Some other people tripped, some tumbled someway down the hill, and some just whined the whole way...

~~*~~

"Rest up! Because when the night turns dark and stars come out...we'll be star gazing!" Xellos chirped, leading them to the dining hall.

"I'm so hungry...dodging landslides and avoiding sharp rocks is tough." Usagi whined," I HATE HIKING!"

"Heh...you can say that again. Something it really wrong with Mr.Xellos!" Seto said.

"Something is wrong with ALL the teachers." Usagi corrected," Even Miss Sylphiel the cook, she's TOO sweet."

"And Miss Amelia reminds me of a girl I know." Seto said, thinking of Anzu. Only difference was that Amelia was obsessed with justice while Anzu was with friendship. And also, Anzu didn't somehow climb unto high places and then fall down from there. That must be really painful!

"Who is this girl?" Usagi asked all the while thinking,' PLEASE DON'T LET HIM HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!'

"Oh just some annoying girl my rival hangs out with." Seto explained.

Usagi sighed in relief.," Thank god."

"Hmm? What did you say?" Seto asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing." Usagi quickly said.

"DINNER!! YAY!!" Usagi squealed as Seto and hers chance to get food finally came.

"FOOD! YAY!" Came somewhere down the line as Amelia, Gourry and Lina started to put lots and lots of food on their trays.

Seeing this, Usagi did the same, fearing a shortage of food.

And luckily, Sylphiel(Being used to this sort of thing by now) had enough food for all four.

~~*~~

"I'm SO stuffed." Usagi said, lying down on her bed in her little room.

"You should be...after how much you ate. Almost as much as the teachers, although they ate some more food then you. How can Miss Lina and Amelia remain that short and petite and having such a huge appetite?" Seto wondered out loud, from his small room.

"A wonder nobody will ever know..." Usagi replied.

There was silence, in which Usagi found herself trying to break.

'I'm acting a bit out of character here, but...she's making me this way. And I seem to be opening up a lot more towards her...' Seto thought, ' She's so pretty, and kind. She's may not be the brightest person in the world, but she's still amazing...Now I'm starting to sound poetic...'

"Hey...Kaiba." Usagi began.

"Just call me Seto." Came his reply.

"REALLY?! All right!" Usagi chirped," I was going to ask you something..."

"Ask away...but if it's too personal, don't expect an answer." Seto told her.

"Did you have a strange dream before coming here?" Usagi asked, not really sure of the answer she was going to receive.

"Yeah! You did too?" Seto cried, instantly sitting up.

"It seemed so real...almost like it was true..." Usagi said slowly, finding the right words to describe it," I didn't believe it at first, but then...I saw you on the bus...and then later, it seemed more and more like it was coming true. Like the dream was prophetic."

"Then we both know what's going to happen." Seto summed up.

"STAR GAZING TIME!!"

Seto and Usagi both jumped as Xellos flew in through the door and cried out in his loudest voice. Looking from Seto to Usagi's room, Xellos seemed to be disappointed.

"Ah dang...I was hoping on interrupting on something...embarrassing..." Xellos said, in a devastated voice as he went back outside.

"That was-" Seto began.

"-Totally creepy and confusing." Usagi finished.

~~*~~

"On those stars over there are-" Zelgadis was currently naming the stars.

Sylphiel and Filia were handing out snacks to everybody. Amelia was preaching justice, Lina and Gourry chasing Sylphiel and Filia for snacks, and Xellos was scaring the kids.

They had hiked all the way to the top of a hill, right where a clearing was. It was perfect to watch the stars, and a stage had been built there as well, with log seats around it.

Usagi and Seto were sitting with each other, both enjoying each other's company. Usagi didn't feel like leaving Seto to hang out with some other girls...she didn't want to leave him all alone without somebody to share this with him. And Seto didn't want to leave Usagi's warm company.

"I don't remember this in the dream. Some of the things weren't in it." Usagi said," but they sure are pleasant."

"I couldn't agree more." Seto said.

"And we seem to be agreeing a lot on things. " Seto chuckled at that. It was true though.

"We both have the same view of the teachers and their antics." Seto said.

"We sure do!" Usagi cried, happily.

"Hey lovebirds! Out of the way!" They heard Filia cry as she raced after Xellos, mace in hand, having caught him scaring kids.

"NAMAGOMI!! THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT NICE!!"

"You can't catch me!"

"weirdoes." Seto scoffed.

"Say that...is actually pretty old. I'm getting used to the teachers....sort of." Usagi commented.

"They all have their own issues...ranging from being too dumb to too gloomy." Seto said.

"You're gloomy too you know." Usagi said.

"And you're a bit dumb and too cheerful at times." Seto told her back.

Usagi and Seto glared at each other, before smiling a bit.

"And we too also have our own issues." Usagi joked.

~~*~~

Usagi awoke as Seto shook her. She sat up, rubbing her eyes groggily.

"What is it? Why did you wake me up?" Usagi asked, a bit grumpily.

"Look outside. It's freezing cold." Seto told her.

"Do you think the crystal woods part of our dream is-" Usagi began.

"It is." Seto said, looking out the frozen window.

"Well...then there's only one thing to do!" Usagi said.

"And what is that?" Seto asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Do what we did in our dream and go into the woods, silly. "

"Well...I brought an extra coat. Take it." Seto said, handing her a dark blue coat with a white bunny on the front," Mokuba told me it'd attract girls. Said that girls like cuteness and stuff. He also told me I should get a girlfriend to cheer me up..."

Seto turned away, blushing. He couldn't believe that he had just said that!

"Thanks!" Usagi chirped. She had also brought a coat, but she wasn't going to mention that. If a cute guy gave her his coat, it was wise to accept it...in her mind anyway...and also some others.

"I guess we should head out." Seto said.

"Right! Let's go!"

A:N I'll put up the next chapter as soon as I can.