Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Duals ❯ The Young, the unexpected ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12: The young, the unexpected.
 
The first duel of the finals was over, and the next round was slightly delayed due to a computer error, which Tails was trying to correct. Meanwhile, back in the Duellist box, Jenny was in tears and everyone who cared was trying to calm her down.
“She…she to-took my Uria…” Jenny cried.
“I'm amazed you had such a card.” Sonic said. “Hey, no sweat, we will get your card back from Kirika.” Sonic said.
“Really?” Jenny asked, wiping her eyes dry.
“We will do our best.” Sonic said. “Right guys?”
“Yeah!” Everyone cheered.
“Well, my duel is next, so I guess I will be the one challenging her.” Shadow said folding his arms. “But, don't get me wrong, if I win that Emporer god card…I plan to keep it.” Shadow then walked off.
“Shadow!” Amy yelled.
 
“May I have your attention please?” Called Tails from the microphone. Everyone turned their attention to her on the duel floor. She blushed a little, but continued. “Due to a technical error, the tournament is pretty much “fixed” so that someone will get three passes before the finals, as everyone else must duel for their spot. This isn't acceptable, but please don't panic, the tournament shall continue with 2 extra duellists in play. So there will be an extra round added to this one. I know someone who has ten rings and she will be offered the chance at the finals. Anyone else who managed to collect the ten rings, please make your way down to me with your rings if you want to take a chance at the finals.” Tails finished, this of course had few people from the crowds rushing down to Tails.
“Who is the one she's talking about?” Sonic asked. As he said it a man walked in from the door and over to Blaze. Who looked up at him.
“Miss Blaze?” He said.
“Yes, that's me.” Blaze replied.
“Follow me please.” Then the man walked off, Blaze following.
“I was hoping it might have been Cream.” Amy said. “Then again, we don't know where she is.”
“Blaze is a good duellist too.” Silver said.
“I know. But I wanted Cream to do well, I even helped her.” Amy said, saddened. Shadow returned. Tails continued announcing.
“Okay, it's been decided, the ones taking on the places in the finals will be randomised amongst the finalists and the next duel will being immediately. Will Chaos Dragon Master and Angelic please make your way to the arena?” Tails then took her leave to head back to the box. The young child in the white shroud, which Amy pointed out earlier took a step onto the duel arena. Back in the box, Shadow headed for the door.
“Sonic, I want to see you in the finals, got it?!” He said. Sonic smiled and stuck a thumb up.
“You betcha.” He said. Shadow took his leave to the arena.
“Now, rules still apply.” The Announcer said. “Lets begin the duel.” With a quick shuffle, the two placed their decks in their respected slots. The needle span and landed on Shadow, as the two drew five cards. Shadow drew a sixth.
“I'll set this card and summon Spear Dragon!” From the roof Shadow's Dragon descended and landed on its side of the field. (1900/0) “The ends my turn.” Angelic drew a card.
“I'll set this card and this monster and end my turn.” She said. Shadow Drew his card.
“I summon Mirage Dragon.” And another Dragon flew down from the roof. (1600/600) “Now, Spear Dragon! Attack her face down!” As the Dragon charged, the monster was flipped.
“You flipped my Arsenal Summoner, which means I can take someone with Guardian in it's name and add it to my hand, and I'll do just that.” Angelic said. Shuffling her deck after taking her card. With that, the Arsenal Summoner was destroyed. Angelic was hit by Damage. <7700> “Huh?!” She questioned.
“My Dragon can cause damaged to defence monsters as well as Attack monsters, you receive battle damage equal to the difference of my attack and your defence.” Shadow explained with a smirk. Angelic simply shrugged. “Now, attack her my Mirage.” And Angelic was struck again. Curse that dragon and it's rules against using Traps in battle…Angelic thought. <6100> “That ends my turn.” Shadow folded his arms and closed his eyes, like he usually does. Angelic took another card.
“I'll activate Lightning Vortex, by removing my Exiled Force from my hand.” As the card was set in the graveyard, lightning crashed down on Shadow's Dragons.
“What?! No!” Shadow wasn't pleased.
“With that, I'll summon Shining Angel.” Her angel then appeared in a ball of light. (1400/800) “Attack him.” Angelic ordered.
“Activate Waboku.” Shadow said. His trap appeared and blocked the assault.
“Darn, oh well.” Angelic said. “My turn is over.” Shadow drew his card.
“I'll summon Masked Dragon (1400/1100) and end my turn.” Angelic drew her card.
“I'll set this card down and summon Winged Kuriboh.” Angelic said. And in a puff of light pink smoke, the Winged Kuriboh appeared. (300/200)
“Are you kidding me?” Shadow asked, insulted.
“Not really. My turn is over.” Angelic said. Shadow Drew his card.
“I'll summon D. D. Warrior Lady.” Shadow said. The Warrior Lady appeared. (1500/1600) “Attack her Shining Angel!” Shadow ordered the Warrior Lady. As she charged to attack, Angelic flipped a card.
“Activate Sakuretsu Armor!” She said. Shadow gritted his teeth.
“Damn!” He said frustrated. “Attack the Kuriboh, my dragon!” He ordered.
“Activate Draining Shield.” Angelic said.
“For the love of…!” Shadow was getting really irritated now.
“Don't get mad, Shadow.” <7500>
Her voice is familiar. “I end my turn.” Shadow said.
“Of course you do.” Angelic said, drawing her card. “First, I'll activate the Sanctuary in the Sky.” Angelic said. “Then I'll tribute my two monsters, Winged Kuriboh and Shining Angel to summon Guardian Angel Joan.” (2800/2000) “Now, attack his dragon!” Joan then took her weapon and charged, slicing the dragon in two.
“Curses!” Shadow roared. <6600>
“Did I make you mad?” Angelic asked sweetly. <8900>
“You…You gained life points?! But how?” Shadow questioned.
“Simple, when Joan destroys a monster, I get life points equal to it's attack.” Angelic explained. Shadow growled. “Don't be mad at me, Mr Shadow.” Angelic said. “That ends my turn.” Shadow was now curious.
Mr Shadow? But… He drew his card. “This ends now!” He said. “I'll set this monster, then use Ancient Rules! This spell allows me to summon a normal monster of level 5 or above from my hand, so I choose my Red eyes Black Dragon!” The red Eyes black Dragon then fell from the sky. “And that's not all, I'll tribute my Red Eyes Black Dragon to evolve it, and bring out the Red Eyes Darkness Dragon!!!!” Shadow Roared as the red eyes transformed to it's darkness state. “And with 4 dragons in my grave, I guess you're out of luck!” (3600/2000) “Now, Destroy the Angel Joan!” The Darkness Dragon powered up and fired away at Joan, destroying her with ease.
“I knew it would come to this.” Angelic said.
“You didn't lose life?” Shadow was confused, and angry.
“The Sanctuary in the Sky has an effect which states that I receive no damage if the battle involves a fairy monster on my side of the field. Or states as so… “Battle Damage to the controller of a Fairy-Type monster from a battle involving that Fairy-Type monster becomes 0.”” Angelic explained. Shadow Growled.
“My turn is over.” Angelic drew her card.
“I'll summon Winged Kuriboh, then activate Transcendent Wings, increasing my Winged Kuriboh to level 10.” And the Winged Kuriboh went from it's utterly adorable state and grew to form a brilliance that everyone was awe to. (300/200) Shadow burst out laughing.
“That is the best you can do? That's pathetic! It's not increased in strength at all!” Shadow continued to laugh.
“My turn is over.” Angelic said. Shadow regained his composure and drew his card.
“I'll pay 800 life points to activate Premature Berial and bring back my Red eyes Black Dragon, sure this lowers the attack of my Darkness, but it's worth it in the end.” Shadow said as Black Dragon returned. (2400/2000) (Darkness = 3300) “Now I'll flip my Treeborn Frog (100/100) and attack your Winged Kuriboh with Red Eyes Black Dragon!” Shadow ordered and the Dragon powered up.
“I did it…I beat Mr Shadow.” Angelic said.
“What?” Shadow questioned.
“I beat you, I really beat you.” Angelic said. She then removed her hood.
 
Everyone from the booth then gasped and were in total shock.
“Cream!” Amy said aloud.
“She is in the finals?!” Silver was equally loud.
“What does she mean she beat Shadow?” Sonic asked.
“Winged Kuriboh level 10 has a brilliant ability, watch.” Hitomi said.
 
“Before you attack my Winged Kuriboh, I tribute it in order to destroy all face up attack position monsters on your side of the field.” Cream said. And this happened.
“What?! No!” Shadow roared. “Now, all the monsters attacks combined are taken from your life points. With 3300 from the Darkness Dragon, 2400 from the Black dragon, that's left you with 100 life points, and thanks to the Treeborn frog…that's gone as well. I win.” Cream explained. And it was true. (5800-3300-2400-100=0) Shadow fell to his knees.
“I…I lost…and to Cream of all people…” he muttered to himself. “Knocked out of the finals…by a mere kid!” Shadow collapsed to his hands and punched the floor. “Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!” Cream sighed a little and withdrew her deck.
“And the winner is Angelic Cream!” The Announcer yelled, roars of the audiences clapping and cheers then boomed overhead. Cream waved to everyone, giggling at her victory.
 
I did it, I beat Mr Shadow. Cream thought. This has to be the best days I've had in a long time. Now I'll continue and try my best, I will make the finals…I will.
 
Back in the box.
“She beat Shadow…” Sonic was so surprised.
“I don't believe it…I want to duel her.” Amy said. “I want to face the power that took down Shadow.”
“That was a cool duel.” Silver said.
“I hope I get to face her.” Blaze added her two cents.
“She's good, but I am better.” Hermana said. Cream and Shadow had left the field, Shadow wondered off with his deck into the far reaches of the dark halls, as Cream made her way to the box. As she arrived, Sonic and co were there to greet her, and without warning, Amy ran over to her and took her into her arms, giving her a friendly hug.
“That was amazing Cream! You've come so far, and you beat Shadow!”
“Thank you Amy, I was so scared when I knew I was challenging Mr Shadow, I thought I was going to lose.” Cream said, then she looked over to Hitomi in at the window, looking down on the stadium. Cream broke from Amy's hug, not in the rude way, and walked over to Hitomi.
“Miss Hitomi, thank you.” Cream said. Hitomi didn't reply. “For giving me this deck, I really like it.”
“I accomplished what I set out to do.” Hitomi said. “I wanted that cocky ass Hedgehog to get justice from the one who fears him more than anyone. Don't get me wrong, I do like you a lot Cream, you remind me of Hermana when she was aging. Like a little sister. Someone I set out to look after, even when I really don't have to. I didn't use you to gain my goal, I really felt sorry for you, having lost pretty much the backbone of your deck. I constructed that deck to help you, to belittle Shadow and to test my ability to build a deck. Use it well, it will guide you. Also, I have one more thing to give you Cream.” Hitomi reached into the pocket of her jacket. Cream tilted her head in wonder.
“What is it?” She asked. Hitomi took out four cards and handed them to Cream. Cream took the cards and went through them. “The Forgiving Maiden…Marie the Fallen one…Polymerisation and St. Joan?” Cream read the cards.
“Add them to your deck, I'm sure they will all come in handy.” Hitomi said.
“Thank you.”
 
“Your attention please!” The announcer said. “The next duel is about to commence, will the Gravekeeper and the Dark Paladin please make their way to the Arena!” Hitomi's head perked.
“The Gravekeeper…that's Hermana…” She said, looking down as Hermana stood on the platform. The “Dark Paladin” came out from the other end of the duel arena. Hitomi's eyes widened. “No…”
“What's up Hitomi?” Sonic asked, walking over.
“That's Vincent, Hermana can't duel Vincent, he'll kill her!” Hitomi said in a panic.
“Kill her?” Amy asked.
“I have to stop them.” Hitomi ran to the door, and as it opened, she was pushed back into the room by a man in a black shroud. Hitomi growled at the shrouded figure. “Let me out!”
“No can do. I'm here on official business.” The man said.
“Bah…” As he entered another 2 people in shrouds walked in.
“How are you in here?” Sonic asked.
“We persuaded the guards to let us through. Hitomi, the card please.” One man held his hand out.
“Not happening, Jin.” Hitomi replied.
“Fine, then go to the window and watch as Vincent slaughters Hermana.” Jin pointed. With the three guarding the door, everyone inside was trapped. Knuckles charged Jin and before he could do anything, the third figure flew forward and knocked him into the wall, the shroud falling off to reveal some form of android, completely covered in metal.
“The probability of escape equals zero percent, the combat ability on Knuckles the Echidna is average, yet lacking in comparison to mine.” The machine said.
“Good Rei, good.” Jin said. “Now, enjoy the show.” Jin laughed as everyone walked over to the window.
“I would take them on, but I don't want to risk the safety of my friends.” Sonic said to himself. “Cream is defenceless against these thugs. They must have been the ones who attack Hitomi.” Sonic looked at Hitomi, who looked very worried about Hermana.
 
Meanwhile, back on the field.
“My big sister said you're a bad guy, well, you don't look so dangerous.” Hermana said.
“You will be very surprised, little girl, you are about to enter a world of pain. And you are not going to like eet at all.” Vincent replied. The two shuffled and got ready. They both drew five cards, as the needle span and landed on Hermana, who drew a sixth card.
“I'll set these two cards and one monster face down.” Hermana said. “That ends my turn.” Vincent drew a card.
“Ah will set zis card and one monster…face down.” Vincent said. “Zat ends mah turn.” Hermana drew her card. “I'll summon Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier, and activate Nobleman of Crossout on your monster.” As the Spear Soldier appeared, the monster Vincent had was flipped up. It was Dark Mimic Level 3.
“Bah.” Vincent and Hermana both checked their decks for Dark Mimic LV3 to remove them from play. “Ah only have one.”
“I don't have any.” Hermana replied. The two then shuffled and set their decks back down. “Now, Attack Spear Soldier.”
“Ah activate A Hero Emerges. Select a card.” Vincent held up his cards. Hermana debated with herself for a while.
“Uh, second left one.” She said. Vincent grinned.
“Good. You `ave selected my Dark Magician, and he comes to the field.” The Dark Magician then appeared, holding his staff and floating in place. (2500/2000)
“Oh no, bad pick.” Hermana said, scared. “I'll cancel the attack and flip summon my Mobius the Frost Monarch.” She resolved her cards. (1000/1400)
 
“What's she doing?!” Knuckles questioned.
“She knows what she is doing.” Hitomi said.
 
“I'll have the effect flip my Spear soldier face down.” Hermana said, flipping her card down. “Now I end my turn.” With that, the Frost Monarch returned to Hermana's hand. “Before you ask, Frost Monarch returns to my hand the same end phase on the turn it's summoned by any means or flipped up.” Vincent drew his card.
“Not that ah cared.” Vincent said. “Ah'll tribute my Dark Magician for Dark Eradicator Warlock.” (2500/2000)
“What?! No!” Hermana was near enough in tears at this point. How has he got me in such a pickle on the second turn? She questioned.
“You told me ah was not a very dangerous person…Ah will prove you wrong, little girl. How about a trip into zee Shadow Realm?!” Vincent questioned as a sudden purple mist began to appear.
 
From the box Hitomi was banging on the window.
“No! Don't you dare open the Shadow Realm, Vincent! Don't you dare!” She yelled down to him, breaking into tears.
“What's he doing?” Sonic questioned.
“He's opening the Shadow Realm, that makes the monsters and effects real and whatever the Summoner of the Realm wants will be the outcome of the duel for whoever loses.” Hitomi said quickly, still banging.
“What do you mean?”
“If he says something like the loser will die…then the loser will die.” Hitomi said, as she stops banging. Don't lose, Hermana…don't lose.
 
“Remember when ah said you were entering a world of pain, little girl? Well, with each attack to life points will become physical pain.”
“I hope you know I've never lost life points before in a duel.” Hermana said to Vincent.
“Ah can guarantee…you will lose more zan your life points. Zee end of zee duel you will be unconscious, maybe comatose…eef you are strong enough to survive being killed zat ees.” Vincent then burst into maniacal laughter. “First, Ah will use Swords of Revealing light.” With the cast, the Dark Eradicator Warlock lifted his staff. The swords landed on Hermana's side of the field, and Hermana looked neutral, then Vincent pointed up. Hermana looked up and was then struck in the back with one of the swords. Her eyes widened and her pupils compressed. She then let out a horrific scream that everyone stood up to check on her. She collapsed to her hands and knees, screaming and crying in pain with this bright light sword in her back. <7000>
“What happened?” The announcer quickly came to investigate and checked on Hermana. Her lifted the crying girl up. “I think I will have to forfeit this girl from the match.” He said.
“Do zat and she will die.” Vincent said. The announcer looked at him angrily. “And eef you disqualify me, she will also die. The match continues when she regains her composure.
“Vincent, you and your pathetic Shadow Games.” Said a voice from the side of the field.
“You know nothing, Kirika.” Vincent said.
“I know enough, have your fun, but when it comes to it, you'll meet justice, and it's going to be a bitch.” Kirika walked off.
 
After a good eight minutes of caring and screaming, Hermana finally stood back up.
“Now, ah'll use mah Dark Eradicator to attack zee monster you `ave.” The Warlock then destroyed the Spear Soldier. “That ends mah turn.” Hermana staggered, but drew her card.
“I'll use…Necrovalley and set this monster down.” Hermana said. “That ends my turn.” Vincent drew a card. (SORL=1)
“Ah summon Double Coston (1700/1650) and use it to attack your face down monster.” Double coston appeared and then blasted the face down Frost Monarch. Hermana covered her eyes from the attack. “Now ah'll use mah Warlock to attack you.” The Warlock then charged and blasted Hermana, who was blown completely to the other side of the room, colliding with the wall, falling flat on her side.
 
“Nooooo! Hermana!” Hitomi cried out. Sonic turned to the three “guards.”
“Hey! Let us go end this duel! Hermana is going to die!” Sonic yelled at them.
“Hitomi, give me the card and I will get out of your way.”
“I don't have it!” Hitomi yelled. “I haven't had it for ages! I can't give what I don't have!” Hitomi fell to her knees in tears. “Stop him…stop him from killing my Hermana.” Jin sighed. Then signalled. The final figure left the room.
 
Hermana had gotten back on her feet. <4500> She staggered back to the arena.
“Mah turn is over.” Vincent said. Hermana hesitantly drew her card.
“I'll…set this…and end my turn.” Hermana said. (SORL=2) Vincent drew his card.
“Zis was a very boring match, no challenge at all. Ah'll tribute mah Double Coston, using `is effect to become two tributes for mah second Dark Magician.” The second Dark Magician rose. “Attack her Dark Eradicator.” The Eradicator powered up and fired at Hermana, knocking her back a little, her neck giving a nasty crack. <2000> “Finish her, Dark Magician.” The Dark Magician also fired, but before the attack commenced, one of the mysterious shrouded people appeared on Hermana's side of the field, forming a water barrier around the two, the attack was negated, though the lifepoints were still taken. <0> the shrouded person who left the box appeared behind Vincent, and pulled him into a stranglehold. “What?! What's going on.” He asked, slightly agitated, somewhat panicky. The smallest shroud girl, known as Petal walked into the mist of the Shadow realm and clicked her fingers. The effects of the Shadow Realm then vanished, as the whole machine was shut down. The effects and monsters vanishing. Hermana then collapsed into Aqua the water-shrouded girl's arms. The sword of revealing light vanishing from her back, letting her bleed. The guy who caught Vincent began to speak in a slightly darkened voice.
“Using the shadow realm in a tournament is bad, using it on an innocent little girl is worse, but what you did wrong that pretty much gave you a death warrant was when you stole Hiei's Dark Paladin and Max's Dark Eradicator Warlock, with that said, die.” And with a swift motion of his arms, a horrid crack was heard, and then Vincent fell down dead. The shrouded man went through his deck and took several of his cards. Then he lifted Vincent over his shoulder. “Consider Vincent as forfeit.” He said, before vanishing. Petal then vanished, and Aqua picked up Hermana, also vanishing, but appearing in the box, with Hermana in her arms. Hitomi quickly rushed over and took Hermana's seemingly motionless frame into her arms.
“Hermana! Hermana!” Hitomi fell to her knees, then to her butt, caring for unconscious Hermana. Aqua said nothing and warped away, also with Jin and Rei.
“This tournament is getting crazy.” Sonic muttered to himself.
 
What else could possibly happen? I guess we will find out.