Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Kinight of Gaia ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Escaflowne and YGO do not belong to me even though I wish Joey did.

Serena Kanzaki-Fanel, high Princess of the small country of Fanelia slid her sword into the sheath as she looked out the window. The war had ended with the death of the enemy leader but renegade enemies still remained. The martyr for their cause had been the Crown Prince of Asturia. King Dryden and Queen Millerna Aston of Asturia had mourned the loss of their only son but at least he had died nobly.
"Are you ready?" An older woman with longer honey-brown hair and green eyes came up behind her. Queen Hitomi Kanzaki-Fanel smiled at her only daughter. At eighteen years of age Serena had finally reached the age of ascension. It was an exciting time for all of Fanelia.
"I am prepared for my Dragon Slaying, mother."
"Good, your father would like to see you before you leave.

* * *


Joseph Wheeler opened his eyes as he felt the blimp shake and jumped to his feet. He threw a glance at the clock that read 5:15 AM. The blimp shook again and he pulled on his shoes and raced out the door of his room.
"Joey!"
Joey turned to see short Yugi Mutou hurrying to catch up with him.
"Hey Yuge, do ya know what's goin on?"
"Not a clue," Yugi shook his head. He unconsciously brought his hand up to touch the large necklace with the upside down pyramid hanging from it known as the Millennium Puzzle.
"Kaiba!" Yugi yelled as they saw Seto Kaiba, the president of KaibaCorp and the man in charge of the Battle City Tournament.
"You know, some of us sleep past five," Tristan grumbled.
"Get us back on course," he ordered his staff gruffly.
"We can't Mr. Kaiba."

* * *


Serena took the last bite from her makeshift meal of lizards and insects as she glanced over at the dragon's cave. It will be morning in a few hours. The dragon will exit the cave then. Serena looked down at her meal. Varie always hated these. Serena thought back to the last time she had seen her friend.

* * *


"Tomorrow you're going to be eighteen." The cat girl with the light blue hair and silver stripped tail twitched her ears and tail as she watched Serena.
"I know."
"I don't want you to go after the dragon. It's too dangerous!"
"Don't worry about a thing."
"You're in no shape to fight! Sakuyo just died two days ago."
Serena winced at the reminder of her husband. She had taken it as hard as anyone but she had thought she had what it took to deal with it. "I'll be fine Varie. Quit worrying."
Serena looked coldly at the cave as she fingered the hilt of her sword. "I won't fail this time."
Duke Devlin rubbed his eyes as he followed Tristan Taylor out of the blimp. Some blue-haired kid was causing problems.
"I said all duelists," the kid continued as Kaiba's guards tried to run out but were stopped by several guns and ran back.
"You're not a duelist."
Tristan glared down at him. "No one needs to know that. Zip it dice- boy."
Innocent looking Serenity was clutching onto her older brother, Joey's, arm as they proceeded forward.
"Welcome Mr. Kaiba," said an old graying man in a suit who was standing in front of four other men in suits.
"You! What do you want?"
"Revenge."
"They seem familiar but I can't quite place them," Yugi mussed.
"These are the creeps that you and Joey helped save Seto from last time," small Mokuba Kaiba told them. "They got trapped instead of Seto. They were KaibaCorp's board of executives: Gansly, Crump, Johnson, Nesbitt, and Lector."

* * *


The sun was just rising over the mountains when the land dragon came out of its cave. Its huge body shook from side to side with each step. The ground shook and Serena calmed her mind. She shut her eyes and focused as she released the catch of her shield. The dragon turned towards her and its yellow eyes met Serena's one greenish-blue and one brown eye. Her long honey-brown hair fell down her back as she took a step back and held her sword up in guard position. The long twists that lay against her face kept it from falling into her face. The fire blazed as she blocked it with her sword and the attack melted the shield.
Serena thrusted forward into an attack that was met by the force of the dragon's tail.

* * *


"We will play by a new dueling system in our very own dueling world."
A bright light came down and they were all lifted off the ground but not the men in suits.
Joey landed hard on the ground and he looked above him and saw the sun shinning down on him. He shielded his eyes as he looked up. And there was the Earth hovering up above. "I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore," he muttered as he felt something land hard on his back.
Joey groaned as something else hit. They stumbled off and Joey tried to get up but seemed to be failing. His back was hurting too much as all the rest fell around him. Joey blinked as Tristan and Duke stumbled to their feet.
"You okay buddy?"
"Never been betta."
"He must be alright, he can be sarcastic."
"Watch it dice boy." Tristan and Téa helped the hurting Joey back to his feet only to be hit in the upper back by a dive-bombing Seto Kaiba.
Kaiba got up and Joey spit the grass and dirt out of his mouth. "Is that everyone already?"
Joey got to his feet and there was a taunting look in Kaiba's eyes. "Well, at least you found something you were good for Wheeler."
Tristan and Duke grabbed onto Joey before he could do anything when they heard a loud roar and felt the ground shake beneath their feet.
"Uh, Yuge, what's dat?"
"I don't know."
They all slowly turned around to see one of the biggest duel monsters any of them had ever seen and this one looked, sounded, and smelled real.
Yugi jumped up and clung onto Joey's back. "Save me, save me, save me! Get me out of the Shadow Realm!"
"Yo! Yuge! Can't breathe!"
Kaiba grabbed Mokuba and jumped behind a small clump of bushes as they all tried to hide.
Blue blood was dripping from the huge dragon's hide. The same blue blood had coated a figure standing in front of them. It was a woman and the blood covered her hair and most of her face, arms, and clothes. She was breathing hard as she launched herself at the dragon again and was thrown backwards.
Yugi looked back and forth from the gapping Kaiba to the gapping Joey. This was the last thing they had expected to see.
The dragon fell with a resounding crash as the woman turned towards them. Her eyes locked on Joey and she whispered something. Her face was pale, or at least what they could see behind the dragon blood. She looked like she had seen a ghost and she dropped the sword.

* * *


All the big five looked at each other. "Was that supposed to happen?"
"Uh, Noah, sir. We've got a problem."

* * *


Serena blocked the next blow that the dragon directed her way as she realized there was an open meadow nearby. I can lead the dragon there.
Serena jumped onto a rock and dove away as the dragon crashed his tail upon it. Serena rolled and sliced down its now open and vulnerable backside. The blood poured out and covered her from head to toe.
She jumped out of the way and landed gracefully as the dragon charged towards her and into the open meadow. On the open meadow she had the advantage. She knew how to navigate it. As soon as the dragon turned towards her she struck out towards it and slayed it with no problem.
Serena slit open its heart and pulled out the shinning drag energist as soon as she had sliced everything away and then turned towards the sun. Two strangely dressed teenage boys caught her attention and she remembered the light coming from the Mystic Moon.
One was an ever-serious looking brown haired boy but the other boy was blond. It's not possible!
"Sakuyo," she whispered as she dropped her sword. It's not possible! Sakuyo died a week ago!
Serena fell to her knees as she wrapped her fingers around the drag energist. Her shirt hung loosely around her as sweat began dripping down her face. She felt so tired as she hit the ground. The weariness was growing constantly.
She struggled to her feet again as the strangely dressed people surrounded her. She used her sword to push herself up as she faced them.
"Uh, hi," the blond said and the brown-haired boy came up to her.
"What are all of you doing here?"
"We just landed."
"Fine then, come to my castle." She held her head up high.
"Uh, who are you?"
"I am Serena, High Princess of Fanelia. I assume you want some sort of aid." Serena slid her sword into the sheath as she glared down at them. "Well are you coming?"
"Uh, yeah," they all chased after her.

* * *


"ALLEN SCHEZAR!" Allen leapt out of the bed and looked around confused and he ran out.
Van Fanel, King of Fanelia glared at him. "Where is Serena?"
"Uh?"
"What? Isn't she back yet?" Queen Hitomi Kanzaki de Fanel ran out in her nightgown and a flimsy robe and tried to comfort her husband. Allen flicked his eyes appraisingly to her.
"Watch it!"
Allen jerked up. "Uh, yeah. She's not back."
"Find her," Van snarled in a low voice.
"Van, dear, please calm down. Everything's fine." Van calmed with his wife's hand on his arm. If Hitomi said so it must be true.
"I would feel better if I knew."
Hitomi smiled knowingly as she took out the cards she always kept with her.
"Allen, fetch Merle and go look for Serena."
"Yes sir." Allen saluted and winked at Hitomi. "Where's a brush when you need it," he muttered as he looked at his messed up hair. He ran into another room. "Merle! Get up!"
The pink haired cat woman with the orange-stripped tail stumbled out. "Allen, do you know what time it is?"
"Yep, but his royalness wants us to find the daughter he can't keep track of."
Merle pulled the blankets over her head again but then Allen grabbed her feet and pulled her out.
"Ow!" She yelped and stumbled out to see Van and Hitomi. "But I have children that need to be watched Lord Van."
"Take them with Merle, you always do." Allen muttered as he rolled his eyes.
"But Allen," Merle covered her mouth. "She was slaying dragons! I can't take them there."
"Then tell Lord Van to baby-sit."
Van jerked up. "What?"
"We aren't a daycare service," Allen told him. Allen was just there due to the destruction of Asturia and the deaths of Dryden, Sakuyo, and all the Knights of Caeli aside from him. Millerna, the Queen, had taken refuge on the Crusade.
Van sighed, "Bodyguard Allen, bodyguard."
"That girl doesn't need a bodyguard! She could be my bodyguard."
"Fine." Hitomi said now in her travel clothes. She grabbed a sword off the wall. "Then I'll do it."
"I'll be a bodyguard when you start paying me," Allen grumbled.
"What happened? What happened? Is Princess Serena okay?" Blue-haired and silver tailed Varie Freid, Merle's oldest, ran out. She had been closest friends with Serena since before the war, the same war that had also killed her father. Her brother had disappeared as well. He was counted as a casualty but many didn't believe it.
"She's fine Varie."
Everyone was talking at once when brown-furred, blond haired Marlene, the youngest raced out. "Mom! Mom!"
"Tell Varie!"
"Varie! Varie!"
"What about Princess Serena? Where's Princess Serena?"
"Uncle Allen! Uncle Allen!"
"No Hitomi, don't go. We'll go. It's too dangerous for you."
"Lady Hitomi! Lady Hitomi!"
"I can take care of myself Allen Schezar!"
"Lord Van! Lord Van!"
"Everyone! Be quiet!"
"UNCLE VAN!!!!!" Marlene started sobbing until Hitomi picked her up and petted her head.
"It's okay little kitty, me and Uncle Van will read you a story."
"We'll what?"
"It's the least we can do Van."
Van threw his hands up in exasperation. "Uh, Van, we'll be going." Allen ran off followed by Merle.