Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Band Of Brothers: Curenhee ❯ Flashback ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Here's another chapter.

Band Of Brothers: Curenhee

Chapter two: Flashback

Two years earlier- Camp Tococa, Georgia

We go back two years earlier before the soldiers became paratroopers.

It was a hot summer day in Camp Tococa, Georgia as flies were around buzzing everywhere.

In the camp, the soldiers were in formation as they look up front not talking.

Mokuba was standing when a fly was on his neck and he hits it then looks at it.

Yugi was infront as he didn't talk.

Just then, footsteps were coming as they smell trouble.

"YOU PEOPLE ARE AT THE POSITION OF ATTENTION!", the man yells.

His name is Vellian Crower. He a captain but a mean captain as he was looking around and walking.

While walking pass Yugi, Yugi looks at him as he passes by him.

Vellian looks around when he walks towards a long white hair man.

"Private Bakura, have you blessing your trousers over you boots like a paratrooper?", Vellian asked.

"No, sir.", Bakura said.

"Then explain the creassing at the bottom.", Vellian ordered when Bakura responded.

"No excuse, sir.", Bakura said.

"Vollenteering for the parachuete infantry, Bakura, but you have a long way to prove you belong here." Vellian said. "Your weekend pass has been provolk."

He walks away from Bakura as he walks to the next soldier.

"Name.", Vellian ordered.

"Jadei Yuki, sir.", Jadei said as Vellian gets his weapon and looks at it.

"Dirt in the rear sight aperture." Vellian said. "You pass been revoked."

Vellian walks to look at the next soldier as he look around then sees another soldier messing up.

"When did you sew on these chevron, Sergeant Underwood?", Vellian asked.

"Yesterday, sir.", Weevil said.

"Long enough to notice this." Vellian said. "Revoked."

He walks away.

"Sir.", Weevil said.

Vellian then walks to the next soldier.

"Name.", Vellian ordered.

"Sigfrid Leon Von, sir.", Leon said.

"Sigfrid." Vellian said. "Sigfrid slang for bullshit isn't it?"

"Yes, sir.", Leon said as Vellian looks at his weapon.

"Rust on the butt plate hinge string, Private Bullshit. Revoked." Vellian walks to the next soldier. "Name."

"Atticus Rhodes, sir.", Atticus said as Vellian get his bayonet out and looks at it.

"Rusty bayonet, Rhodes." Vellian said. "You wanna kill Germans?"
"Yes, sir.", Atticus said as Vellian hits his helmet with the bayonet.

"Not with this." Vellian then walks up front and looks at the men. "I WANNA TAKE THIS RUSTY PIECE OF SHIT TO WAR!...AND I WILL NOT TAKE YOU TO WAR IN YOUR CONDITION!" he thows the bayonet down to the ground. "NOW THANKS TO THESE MEN AND THEIR INFRACTIONS, EVERY MEN IN THE COMPANY WHO HAD A WEEKEND PASS,...HAS LOST IT! CHANGE INTO YOUR PT GEAR WE'RE RUNNING CURENHEE!"

He then walks away as Yugi address the men.

"Second platoon, fall out." Yugi orders. "You got eight minutes."

Everyone begin returning to the barracks as Atticus gets his bayonet from the ground.

Inside the barracks, Bakura sits on the bed as everyone was getting their PT gear on.
"I ain't going up that hill.", Bakura said as another soldier enters.

"Hey, Bakura, what are you thinking of." Chazz said. "Bloshing your trousers."

"Shut up, Chazz, he got everybody.", Bakura said.

"YEAH, WELL YOU SHOULD NO BETTER!" Chazz yells in anger. "DON'T GIVE HIM NO EXCUSES!"

"Excuses?" Bakura gets up from his bed looking at Chazz. "Why don't you come here. Look at these trousers and get down and you tell me their excuses or not."

Just then, Weevil enters to the barracks.

"All right, on the road. PT formation. Let's move, move, move." Weevil ordered as the men begin leaving when he sees Bakura. "Bakura, let's go Bakura."

Bakura then gets his jacket off and joins the others.

Weevil then looks at another soldier sitting on the bed not in his PT uniform.

"Soldier, why are you not in you PT gear?" Weevil asked as the soldier looks at him not responding. "I ask you a question, soldier."

The soldier didn't response as Weevil looks at him. After a couple of seconds, Weevil leaves the barracks and catches up with the others leaving the soldier behind.

Outside, the men begin walking towards the mountain when they saw a group of men in their uniforms laughing and joking at them.

"Ah, Easy Company." the man said. "Hey, while ya'll running, don't worry about ya'll girlfriends. Will take them to the movies for ya." they laugh.

"Yeah, good." Atticus said. "Ya'll going to need it."

Just then, they run straight towards the guys as they hit their hats to the ground then passes them.

The men begin running on the Curenhee mountain led by non other than Captain Vellian.

"HOW FAR DOWN AND UP?!", Vellian yells.

"THREE MILES UP! THREE MILES DOWN!" the men yells.

"NOW WHAT COMPANY IS THIS?!", Vellian asked.

"EASY COMPANY!", the men yells.

"WHAT DO WE DO?!", Vellian yells again.

"FIGHT AND KILL!", the soldiers yells.

Just then, Lyman Banner was about to trip when the others helps him out but Vellian orders not to do that.

"Do not help that man." Vellian ordered. "Do not help that man. We're not stopping."

But Leon helps Lyman on his feet while running.

"YOU GOT THRITEEN MINUTES TO GET TO THE TOP OF THIS MOUNTAIN!" Vellian yells. "IF YOU WANT TO TO SERVE IN THE PARATROOPERS! HIGH O SIVER!"

Vellian then runs up ahead from the men.

Then, on top of the hill, Vellian had a timer on as he looks at the men.

Yugi then runs up as he touches the staute. Then he helps the men getting on top.
"Come on, you can make it up there." Yugi said. "Come on, you can do it."

Mako Tsunami make it up there as he touches it and Vellian walks up to him.

"Never thought I see the day, Private Tsunami." Vellian said. "We are coming up at 23 minutes! That maybe good enough for the 506th! But that is NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR EASY COMPANY!"

As they touches it, they run back down of the hill.

Next, the men were in their army uniforms marching but sweating after the long run from the mountain.

Vellian was looking at the men getting a close eye at them.

Yugi continues to help them by leading the men.

"Come on, guys, we can do this." Yugi said. "Just don't give up, okay?"

Then continue to run on top of the mountain during the daytime.

Night time came as the men led by Yugi do night time marching with the sound of crickets singing.

"I want to say something.", Rafael said.

"To who?", Jaden asked as Rafael looks at him then spoked.

"Lietanant Moto.", Rafael said.

"What is it?", Yugi asked.

"Permission to speak, sir.", Rafael said.

"Permission granted.", Yugi said.

"Sir, we got nine companies, sir." Rafael explains. "How come we're the only company marching every friday night? 12 miles in pitch dark?"

"Why do you think, Private Rafael.", Yugi said.

"Lietanant Crower hates us, sir.", Rafael said.

Yugi heard it as he spoked.

"Lietanant Crower does not hate Easy Company, Private Rafael." Yugi said. "He just hate you."

Everyone laughs in the line.
"Thank you, sir.", Rafael said as he looks at Jaden who was about to laugh as well.

"He hates you to, Banner.", a soldier said as he hits his helmet.

Next, after the night march, the men were in line as Vellian was ordering the men.

"Lieutanant Moto, I want canteens out with the lit unscrewed.", Vellian ordered.

"Easy Company, I want canteens out and open.", Yugi ordered as the men get their canteens out.

"On my command, they will pour the water out to the ground.", Vellian said.

"On the C.O.'s orders, you will pour the water out to the ground.", Yugi said.

"Now, Lieutanant.", Vellian orders.

"Pour.", Yugi ordered as everyone pours out the water from their canteens.

But, one soldier's canteen was already out of water. Which he got scared when Vellian sees him and walks to him.

"Who is this?" Vellian asked as he looks at the name patch. "Odeion Ishtar, why is there no water in your canteen you drank from your canteen didn't you?"

"Sir, I was--", Odeion was interupt.

"Lieutanant Moto!", Vellian yells.

"Yes, sir?", Yugi asked.

"Was this man ordered to not drank from his canteen during the Friday night march.", Vellian said.

"He was, sir.", Yugi said.

"Private Ishtar, you have disobey a direct order and you will refill your canteen and you will repeat..all twleve miles of the march inmedialliy.", Vellian said.

"Yes, sir.", Odeion said.
"FALL OUT!" Odeion then runs from the line and Vellian was walking towards Yugi as he tells him to come over here. "What in god's name are you doing to my company? You're late and allow paratroopers to disobey direct orders?"

"No excuse, sir.", Yugi said.

"You're making me look bad, lieutanant." Vellian said. "This is not Dog Company. This is not Fox Company. This, this is Easy Company. And under my command this will be the first and finest company in this regiment. I want the name of six men. Their enfractions and your discondut on my desk at 0130 is that clear?"

"My enfractions, sir?", Yugi asked.

"Find some.", Vellian said as he walks away.

End of chapter two

Please review.