Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ "Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!" ❯ "Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!" ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-Gi-Oh! is a registered trademark of ©Kazuki Takahashi, Jump Comics, Konami and 4Kids Entertainment. My characters don't mean any harm to the show or to other's ideas.


"Duels in the Sands of Time!!!!"

Ring's Plan. Part-3

Okay the author here. JJ ::Waves:: I decided on Seto's past name as Setau. I decided on Bakura's past name as Bakenmut. This is my idea on these names so if you wish to use it for your fic please ask me first, Thank you.


They had reached the tent where Bakenmut was sleeping. They waited for the boy as he entered the tent to see if his master was awake. There was a shout and he ran out of the tent. Lisa grabbed the boy as Bakenmut came outside. Lisa glared at him. "Now that wasn't nice at all." Bakenmut let out a breath. -This is the Lisa I've been hearing about.-

"I wanted to talk to you alone."

"So what!?!"

"Lisa!!!" It was Yugi that spoke up. He didn't want any trouble from this Bakenmut or anyone for that matter. Setau was trying to hold back a giggle. He was going to love this meeting. The boy was holding onto Lisa.

He felt safe in her arms. Bakenmut was staring at him and Lisa. "Bakenmut, why do you wish to talk to these teens?" Setau held up his Rod. "I heard from one of the guards that a Goddess came to the camp." Lisa almost fell down laughing. "I never claimed to be a Goddess." Joey was holding back a laugh. Lisa looked at him and he lost it. "Joey!!!" Both Yugi and Lisa shouted at him. He stopped but had a silly grin on his face. "Why me?" Setau was watching the reactions with interest. "Bakenmut, forgive Joey's actions. It's just that I've never been called a Goddess before." Bakenmut looked straight at Lisa. He could feel something coming from her body. He noted a similar power coming from the smaller boy that stood beside her. "Your friends, Yugi? Joey? What are they to you?" Lisa remain quiet for a moment. "Why in the world would you like to know?" Bakenmut moved closer to Yugi. "I'm interested in this boy."

He reached out for Yugi. What happened next shocked not just Bakenmut but everyone else. Lisa slapped him across the face. "Don't you dare think things like that towards Yugi, Joey or myself or you'll find yourself in so much pain you will not be able to talk."

Lisa turned and started to walk away. Yugi and Joey went after Lisa. Setau looked right at Bakenmut for a moment and then went after the teens.

"Did you say anything to her or her friends?" Bakenmut gripped the boy's wrist. "NO! Master I haven't said anything to them. The Lady Lisa though..." Bakenmut eyes glowed red. "What about her?" The boy almost choked on his breath.

"She woke me up and I looked into her eyes. It felt like she read my mind right at that moment." The boy lowered his head. Bakenmut let go of him and looked towards the way the teens had run off to. "It seems I must be careful around you Lisa. The Gods have given you a gift." He re-entered his tent.


"Lisa, Lisa come back here." Yugi was running after his friend. Something upset her a lot. He wanted to know why she acted the way she did. "Lisa!!!" He found her at the water hole. Lisa had knelt down to drink. Her body was trembing. Joey and Setau were not far behind Yugi.

Joey stopped Setau. "Why did you stop me?"

"Give Yugi a moment. I think he might find out what happened back there better that either of us. He's good at that." Setau was worried about Lisa. He'd never seen any one hit Bakenmut like that other than the Pharaoh. "Lisa???"

"I couldn't help myself Yugi. There was a flash before my eyes and I saw..." Yugi knelt down beside Lisa. "What did you see Lisa?" Lisa shook. "The Ring... and... His mind was full of evil Yugi. He wanted you in his bed." Yugi stood up. "He wanted what???"

"So I see Bakenmut is still having that problem." Both of them turn to look at Setau and Joey. "Some problem. That boy he has with him lives through a lot of it."

"How would you know Lisa." Lisa stood up. "I don't read minds Setau. I read faces. I see a lot of people being hit and I know how to read their reactions to others."

"So you saw the feeling of fear in the boy's eyes when you woke him up." Yugi took Lisa's hand. "Yes I did, Yugi. Then there was the feeling of evil power coming from Bakenmut. It overwhelmed me when he came closer." Setau lowered his head. "Now I hope you can forgive me for not warning you about Bakenmut. He may be the Royal Guard man to the Pharaoh but he does overbear his position at times." Lisa shook her head. "You said the Pharaoh wanted to speak to us."

Setau gasped. "I forgot. Come with me." He turned and started to walk. Lisa, Joey and Yugi followed suit. They hurried to the Royal tent. Two guards were standing at the door of the tent. "We can wait here Setau. You best tell your Pharaoh what happen with Bakenmut." He nodded and walked past the guards. Joey whispered into Lisa's ear. "What did happen when Bakenmut came close to Yugi?"

"I'll tell you later."

Setau entered the tent. Yami was pacing the tent. "Where have you been?"

"My Pharaoh. Lisa and the others made a promise to Bakenmut last night. He wanted to talk to them. I caught them going to his tent. Lisa allowed me to come with them. Bakenmut..." Yami narrowed his eyes. "What did he do now?" Setua gripped his Rod. "Well he went after the boy Yugi with interest." Yami slammed his hand down on a small wooden table. "Why would he go after the boy. He has a slave already."

"There is more you should know." Yami looked at Setau. "And that is?"

"Lisa... She actually hit Bakenmut and told him to back off." Yami was speechless. "You've got to be kidding me." Setau shook his head. "Well Lisa's got some nerve."

"And she didn't back down either in her words. She warned him if he tries something he would find himself in pain."

"Lisa told him that." Setau nodded and Yami grined. "A bold woman. That is rare."

"Would you like to see them now? They are waiting to meet with you now." Yami nodded, Setau opened the flap of the tent and waved the teens to come in. Yugi entered first then Lisa and Joey last.

"Morning!" Yugi was beaming with a warm smile. Yami blinked his eyes. ~No wonder Bakenmut wanted him. He's so full of life.~ He turn to look at Lisa. Her long black coat covered her. ~So many mysteries about her. I wonder what she is hiding from me.~

"Morning to you all. I hear you had a run in with my Royal Guard Bakenmut." Lisa huffed in anger. "Well he has to get through me before he hurts my friends." Yami sat down on his bed of animal furs. "How would you stop Bakenmut?" Lisa glare at him. "What would I do to him? Maybe feed him to my Red Eyes." That got everyone's tension. "You duel?"

"Doesn't eveyone duel?"

"Lisa what's gotten you all worked up?" Joey reached out for her but backed off when he looked into her eyes. "Lisa???" Yugi gripped her sleeve. Lisa suddenly sank down to the ground. "Lisa!!!" Everyone helped her up and onto Setau's bed of furs. "What just happened?" Lisa was short of breath. "I believe you were caught up in some wave of power. Evil power I say." Yugi spoke out.

"Ya Yugi. Lisa doesn't act like that at all. Are you all right Lisa?" Yugi tried to look into Lisa's eyes. She shook her head. "Forgive me for my outbrust of anger." Setau was sitting beside Lisa. He was wondering if what Lisa said was true. -Does she own a Red Eyes Black Dragon?- Yami took Lisa's chin into his hand and made her look into his blood ruby eyes. "I asked do you Duel? Don't lie to me or..." Ice blue/grey eyes glare at him. "And what if I do duel, Pharaoh is there a rule that a woman can't?" Yami moved closer to her but Joey grip Yami's shoulder. "Joey calm down I'm all right."

"Joey don't do something you might regret." Yugi's voice was strong. "I just don't..."

"You don't what???" Yami shook off Joey's hand. Lisa giggled. "Joey loves me your Highness. He gets jealous." Joey blushed as Yami broke out laughing. "So that's it. It's I who should be asking your forgiveness but I still want to know if you duel." Lisa looked at Yugi and Joey. Both nodded. "We all duel." Setau stood up. "You all own monsters, traps and magic cards?"

"Ya we do and we look out for one another." Joey crossed his arms. "Why do you do that?" Yugi looked at Yami. "Because we are friends and that what friends do." This time Yami huff and walked to his bed. "You are Duelists." Lisa stood up. "So we are. It doesn't mean we can't be friends. We help each other out and even if we have to duel one another it will never break us apart."

Yami stared at them. He had never seen loyalty in a group of Duelists. He closed his eyes and let out a breath. He then looked at Setau. His only friend and he too duels. He realized what the three teens were saying. ~I don't know what to do any more. Setau is right I need help. Maybe the Gods sent them to help me.~ Yami let out a sob. "Did the Gods send you? I need to know. I... I lost my Puzzle, please help me." The King of Games, the Pharaoh of Egypt fell to his knees and cried.


Bakenmut first beat the boy for letting Lisa read his mind. Second he was angry at himself for the lust he showed towards the boy Yugi and doing it in front of Setau of all people. Last, he had to move fast. Lisa wasn't at all as she seemed. When she hit him he felt the power inside her. He couldn't believe it. A woman with the power of the Shadow Realm coming from her body. He also realized the boy Yugi had similar level of power in his body. The other one Joey though wasn't as strong.

He didn't like this at all. It had to be the Gods' work. They must have sent them to protect the Pharaoh. He had to get to Hor and tell him about the changes. He had to kill Yami and soon. The boy had curled up in a ball. He watched his master grow in anger. Bakenmut grabbed a cloak and exited his tent.

He forgot about the boy. Time ticked on for a moment before the boy moved. "I'm going to be strong like Lisa. I'm going to tell the Pharaoh what's been going on." He got up slowly and headed for the Pharaoh's tent.


What is Bakenmut's plans and will Yugi, Lisa and Joey save Yami's life? Thanks for Spell Checking Jumper Prime.