Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Black Dragon's Graveyard ❯ Jou's Rival ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Black Dragon's Graveyard

Chapter 4

~*~

Jou stared at the slice of cake that lied before him on a plate. He smirked as he inhaled it in a few bites. "Thanks…dad. That was great."

Mr. Wheeler looked up at his son in surprise. "What? You're already done? You want anymore?"

Jou shook his head as he stood and hugged the man around the neck and brushed his lips against Mr. Wheeler's. "No thanks. I have to be somewhere."

The man sucked in a breath and looked mortified. "W-what?" He tried to act like the sensual action never took place, but that was proving to be difficult. "Where…are you going?"

As Jou made his way around Joey's father to approach the door, he turned his head and smirked. "I'll be back…eventually." He winked at the older man. "I know how much you want to screw me, so don't worry," he purred.

Mr. Wheeler blinked at his son in utter horror. "What has gotten into you? Why are you talking…" He was cut off by the door's slam. Apparently, Jou wasn't interested in the man's questions. "Should I stop him?" Wheeler asked himself. "There's something wrong with him. It's like…he's…" He realized that he was holding his dinner plate when it almost slipped out of his hands. He quickly placed it on the island and sat on a stole, rubbing the sides of his dimples. "What happened to him? He acted fine earlier."

* * *

/What are you doing?/, Joey asked.

Jou sighed before responding. //I want to find Bakura. Where is he? I know you know where he is.//, he hissed.

/I'm not telling you anything!/, Joey stated bluntly. /After what you've done? Yeah right./.

Jou smirked. //That's just fine with me. I can read your mind, Joseph. I am you after all.//.

Joey felt like shrinking into unconsciousness. /That's not fair./, he mumbled.

"Life's not fair," Jou laughed, catching the attention of innocent pedestrians walking by. He ignored them as he kept walking on toward his destination.

/People are going to think you're insane. I take that back! They're going to think <i>I'm</i> insane!/, Joey exclaimed. /I hate you!/

Jou started to laugh again. //You'll learn to like me.//.

Joey was going to blow a raspberry, but that'd be more humiliating to himself than to Jou. He just settled with a deep frown.

The rest of the walk was in silence and it was boring to Joey. Even though Jou had left his sight link open, it was still dreary. It was just the same thing he saw everyday when he wasn't possessed by a mind-demented yami.

Joey grunted as he collapsed back against the floor. /Where are you going?/, Joey asked. /I thought you were going to Bakura's house. It's in the other direction!/.

Jou nodded. //I am going to his house. I just wanted to check out my new territory.//.

/Yeah right! You just don't know where he lives./, Joey mocked. /Admit it! Even though you have my thoughts, you don't know what road to take to get there./.

Jou chuckled apprehensively and sweatdropped. //N-no…that's not it. I'm just takin' my time.//, he lied.

/Yeah, I bet./, Joey smirked as he sat up and stared in the direction his yami was going. He blinked when he thought he saw someone familiar pass by. Of course, like on cue, Jou turned in the direction the known figure had gone. As soon as Jou focused on the individual, Joey recognized him. /Bakura!/, he stated and then sweatdropped when he realized that he just gave Jou the info he would have wanted.

Jou gave an awkward grin. "My how time changes someone's appearance. Although, he hasn't changed that much. Still has that white, spiky head of his." He approached the other teen and placed his hand over his shoulder. "Bakura, long time no see!"

Bakura's eyes widened in distress when he suddenly acknowledged the deep, crisp voice. "Jou," he uttered. He turned around and shook Jou's hand off his shoulder. "Should have known you would find your way to Joey Wheeler's body." He noted the earring on Jou's left ear and Joey's body.

Jou peered down at Bakura's chest. "How did you become the holder of the Millennium Ring?" He asked; even though he already knew the answer. The memory just about drove him mad.

Bakura sneered. "I stole it from that weakling of a Priest, Mahado." He then stepped closer to Jou, almost pressing their chests together. "What are you doing out of your tomb, Jou?"

Jou appeared disappointed and backed away from the tomb raider. "Leave it to you to kill someone for a prized possession…and someone that was dear to me. How many lives have you taken since I've been gone, Bakura?"

"I'm not answering you until you answer my question first," Bakura growled.

"I…I can't answer that question," Jou stuttered. "I don't know why I'm out of my tomb. However, when I found out that I was removed, I set all precautions of the ring finding me. It seemed to work quite well, but I'm also surprised you have the ring and not Mahado."

Bakura shrugged. "Fair enough I suppose. For your information, I've been a good little bandit and haven't killed a soul. You're still miffed that I killed your best friend?" He scoffed. "I figured you'd be over that by now."

"And that's why I've been searching for you. To settle what you did to Mahado!" Jou exclaimed as he tightened his fists and the air around him cracked with electricity.

Bakura leaped back before he was sparked by the rods. "You are pissed!" He stated. "Well, I have something to settle with you as well, for the humiliation you put me through in the village of Cairo!" To prove he wasn't joking, he lifted his right hand and pointed it at a table outside a restaurant and shot it with a bolt, sending it into a glass window, creating more of a mess than Jou would have. He then aimed it at Jou. "Prepare to die!"

"Are you willing to destroy Joey?" Jou asked as he cocked his head to the side and seemed to be peering at the ground, but was more focused on Bakura's hand.

Bakura quirked his lip in a feral smirk. "I don't care about that mutt! I just want you out of my life."

Joey shouted in annoyance. "HEY!! Wait until I get my hands on you. You son of a..."

//Enough, Joey! I won't let him kill you.//. Jou grinded his teeth together in aggravation. "I'll make sure of that," he whispered.

Joey gawked at Jou's response. /Is he serious? I guess I misunderstood him./. He peered down at his feet in sympathy.

Bakura was the first to take action, shooting a bolt of lightening at Jou.

Jou quickly dodged the strike and leaped onto a nearby roof. //I told you you'd get to like me.//, he smirked. //Now watch a pro at work!//. He bragged as he dodged another lightening rod from Bakura.

/With what? Destroying Domino city?/, Joey gasped. /I don't know about your laws in your lifetime, but this is totally a different time line! We're not allowed to blow up buildings…or rob them for that matter!/, Joey panicked.

Jou laughed. //Half of this isn't my job, if you haven't notice already.//, Jou pointed out.

Bakura chased after the other raider, keeping at his heels. "Why don't you face me, Jou! Have you grown weaker?" He growled when he suddenly lost the blonde into a dark alley below the buildings.

"No," came an echoed response from below. It then came from behind the bandit. "I'm just seeing how far you'll go to get rid of me."

Bakura turned around, but only to be pushed of the roof by a lightening bolt from Jou's body. He yelped, but quickly regained his composure and used the side of the buildings to leap back onto the ceiling, but onto a different building. "Nice move, you little whelp. But I promise you, it won't happen again." He lifted his hand to have his own shot, but the blonde bandit was gone with two flips backward and landing in another alley. Bakura roared in exasperation. "Daaaaaamn it!" He chased after Jou again and found him quickly, running down the alleyway. "Shame on you, Jou. You shouldn't have turned your back," he sneered and shot a small bomb at Jou's back, but it ended up exploding before it hit him. However, it did send Jou flying into a steel fence, temporarily knocking him unconscious.

Jou sat up, rubbing a deep wound on his forehead. "Blast him! He's still as strong as he was before, if not a little more." Everything in his body ached from the blast. He was probably bruised and scrapped unmercifully. //Joey? Are you alright?//, he asked. After he didn't get a response, he panicked. "Joey?!" He exclaimed.

"Awe! What's the matter, Jou. Has your host been killed?" Bakura snickered as he approached his opponent from behind.

Jou cringed from the voice. "No, just…unconscious. If he was dead, I would be to. You idiot!" He lifted himself up onto his feet by grasping the fence and stared at Bakura over his shoulder. "You bastard. I can't believe you did this to him. I thought he was your friend."

"He's not mine. He's Ryou's friend." He lifted his hand, ready to let off his power. "You're way to injured to fight back, aren't you?"

Jou narrowed his eyes as he turned around and forced himself back against the fence. "I thought you would have changed. You wouldn't be killing anyone ever again. But I guess…I was wrong."

Bakura snorted. "I was only reserving death for you." He started to laughed menacingly. "Good riddance, Jou!"

Jou closed his eyes tightly and shuttered. "I'm…sorry Joey. I broke my promise. I wish I could say sorry to your father."

"Stop it Bakura!" Ryou shouted as he broke through his and Bakura's link. "Don't kill them!"

Jou looked up stunned. "Who's that?" He watched as his opponent seemed to be fighting with himself. "I…is that Ryou…Joey's friend?" He asked himself.

Ryou fell to his knees, holding his head between his hands. Tears burned his eyes as he cried. "You promised, Bakura. You wouldn't kill anyone." His British accent carried heavily in the darkness. He was trying to hold back his sobs.

Jou blinked when Bakura appeared from behind the small white haired teen. He seemed more hurt than his light; even though it was for the fact that he had broken his pledge to Ryou.

Bakura leaned down and wrapped his arms around Ryou's waists. "I'm sorry. It's just…when I saw Joey's yami…it was like I was back in Egypt...at home."

"Well, you're not!" Ryou shouted as he turned to look at Bakura. His voice softened to a whisper. "You're here with me now. You once told me I was your home…your life. You'd do anything for me." His tears became heavier, sliding down his cheeks.

Bakura closed his eyes and kissed Ryou's forehead. "You are and I will. I love you, Ryou!" He wiped his hikari's tears away with his thumbs and hugged him close.

Ryou allowed his darker half to hold him and comfort him. "Let them go, please," he begged.

Bakura didn't speak for a moment. "I already have." He stared at where his captive <i>was</i>.

* * *

Jou tried to get home as fast as possible. He was growing tired from being injured and it didn't help Joey being unconscious, it made it all the more difficult to keep aware. However, he was relieved that he could escape when Bakura wasn't looking. He was also indebted to Ryou for overpowering his dark half. "I'm very grateful to your friend, Joey. I hate to say it, but I owe him one." He hated owing anyone favors, but it was dishonorable to not pay back someone for a good deed. Blood had dried on the side of his mouth from when he hit the fence and caused him to bite his tongue, so it hurt to speak or even open his mouth. Just when he turned the corner of the apartment building, he passed out and collapsed onto the sidewalk. He caught a dim glimpse of someone's feet running to him, coming to his rescue. //Great, another favor to repay.//, he thought before he finally fainted.

To Be Continued

~*~

A/N: Well, it has Shounen-ai at least. ^^; I promise there will be yaoi. It's just going to take me some time. *dodges the flying fruit* Eep! O__o;

<underline>AFF.net Reviews</underline>

Kit-Kit - Really? I thought it took long enough. Hm. Well, thanks for the review anyways. =D

Dissention - Thanks a bunch! http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11277903/ You might think differently if you go to this link. But, also, you have to realize, most people are odd and very disturbed (that's me) authors. I just like male incest. ^^;

Saelbu - Glad to see ya back! *hugs* Thank you for the review!!

<underline>MM.org Reviews</underline>

Velvetina - Heh, yep! I have to agree with you on that. However, he's so cute like that. Lol!

Anubiset - Thank you so much! I feel loved. =D