Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Black Dragon's Graveyard ❯ Power Within ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Black Dragon's Graveyard

Chapter 9

==

song lyrics

=

Flashback

~*~

It was mid-night and Seto still wasn't asleep. He sat silently in the dark staring at his hands lying in his lap. He felt desolated in the room, including without Joey there. "Why am I even worried about it?" He asked himself as he lifted his hands to stare at them closer. "I could have held him if I hadn't of been so stubborn. He was so close." He suddenly gasped. His hands were being scratched by something invisible, he couldn't even feel it for that matter. Filthy, dented arm bracelets formed around his arms and wrists. His head became heavy, forcing him to bow his head slightly. He looked up to see an Egyptian priest's crown on top of his head. The room slowly started to dissolve into a dark, chilled desert with buildings and market stands surrounding him. "What's…happening?" He whispered.

==

As far as the eye can see

There's so much uncertainty

I'm not blind

I see the truth

Open my eyes

I never knew the strength inside of me

Could ever make me wanna help to change the world

Follow my destiny

Hope's not gone

You're gonna see

It makes a difference

When you believe

==

"Seto! Are you alright?" Someone grabbed his arm and lifted him to his feet.

He was in pain, but it wasn't where he expected it to be. His heart ached for some unknown reason. He stared off into the distance. A dark figure was running away, carrying something in his arms. Was he chasing someone? Had he tripped? Is that why his hands were scratched?

"Seto?" The same person that helped him earlier asked.

Seto looked over at his caller. He knew this personsomehow. "Mahado?"

The brunet stared at him for a moment and blinked. "Yes, Seto. It's me. We have to get back to the palace. Atemu needs us."

No! He couldn't go back to the palace. He was out here for a reason. He was chasing someone. They had stole something precious to him. "No!" He exclaimed. "I have to go after him!" After who though? Who was he chasing?

==

The power within

Can make the pyramid of light

Shine forever

Until the eighth millennium

We're gonna be together

But I don't know how

And I don't know when

All I know

We're gonna win

==

Mahado grabbed Seto's arm, trying to urge him back to the palace. "We'll get help, Seto. Just come with me."

Seto shook his head and abruptly released Mahado's grip on his arm. "You get help then! I'm going after him. He didn't go far," Seto reasonedand started off after the bandit.

Mahado watched in grief as his friend chased after the stranger. He raced back to the palace to report Seto's message to Atemu and the other priests. "Pharaoh Atemu! Seto has gone after the bandit." He sighed in aggravation. "He wouldn't listen to me, sir!"

Atemu nodded. "I figured as much. He tried his hardest to keep his lover a secret, but when we found out who it was he was going to try and protect him,even if it meant his own life. But somehow it just turned to worse for my cousin.His own lover was murdered before his very eyes right here in the palace, by a notorious bandit nonetheless."He stood up from his throne and approached Mahado. "Retrieve ahorsefor me. I shall go after Seto."

"But sir. Won't you need a guard?" Mahado asked.

Atemu shook his head. "No need and no time. Do as I say."

Mahado nodded and rushed to the horse stables. He immediately returned with the pharaoh's best steed. "Here you are, sire."

The horse grunted as Atemu climbed onto its back. "Make sure the bandit doesn't return."

"Yes, Pharaoh." Mahado bowed as Atemu retreated into town after Seto. "I just hope Seto will be alright."

==

There's a hope for a balanced world

Yeah

And it's written in the cards

We are strong

When we are one

There's a higher purpose

Waiting for us

==

* * *

Seto shouted as he lunged himself atthe thief. "Stop, thief!"

The bandit glanced over his shoulder before he was knocked off his feet and toppled to the ground with the lifeless body still in his arms. "Blast!" He yelped and groaned in pain. "Damn it!". He rolled over onto his back, pushing thedeadfigure away. "What the hell are you trying to do? Kill me?"

Seto got to his feet, already feeling new wounds from the gravel on his legs, arms, and face. "If only," he mumbled and approached his prey. He grabbed the other's throat and pulled him up into the air. "I won't have to get my hands dirty though. I'll leave it to the executioner." Seto's chest burned with anger as he watched blood pour into the earth from the body lying on the ground. "W-what did you…do…Bakura?"

==

The power within

Can make the pyramid of light

Shine forever

Until the eighth millennium

We're gonna be together

But I don't know how

And I don't know when

All I know

We're gonna win

==

Bakura smirked, despite being choked by Seto's grip. "What else? I…killed him." He lifted his rightleg back and kicked Seto in the stomach, causing the priest to drop him and scrunch over in pain.

"Damn you, Bakura!" Seto yelled out as he watched the bandit escape into the desert. He fell to his knees and crawled to the inert body. "Ra, please!" He picked up the body and held him close. "Jou…please…open your eyes," he demanded gently. "Don't die on me. Please…wake up." He ran his hands over the blonde's face, wiping the dirt and blood away. "Jou? Jou?" He shook Jou gently. "JOU!" He buried his face into the blonde's neck and cried. "Please…don't leave me!" He barely acknowledged the pharaoh's horse stoppingbeside them and Atemu stepping down from it.

==

And you know

You can rely on me

For advice

You'll stay in my heart

And I don't

(Don't wanna go)

Don't wanna go

(Don't wanna leave)

Don't wanna leave

But the power within

==

Atemu stared down at them in grief. He noted the deep wound running from Jou's chest to his left side.//It could only be done by Bakura's dagger. I never thought that Jou's life would end by that bandit'shands.//."Seto…there's nothing…you can do for him now.He's…dead,"he tried to explain gently.

Seto started to calmdown. He slowly lifted his head away from Jou's neck and looked up at Atemu, his ever adoring cousin. "I…I can't let Bakura get away with this."

Atemu nodded in sympathy. "I promise."

Seto stood up with Jou in his arms and yelled out into the barren desert. "You here me Bakura!?! You'll pay for this!" He peered down at Jou's face and noticed his earring dangling from his lobe. "Atemu, I want to reserve his soul."

Atemu stared at him stunned for a moment, but then smiled and nodded once. "If you wish, Seto." He grabbed his horse's reigns, wanting to walk along Seto's side.

Seto gradually turned toward town and limped his way back to the palace to begin the ceremony. He started mumbling an incantation over his lover's body. "Until the eighth millennium is found, you're bound to the Ankh earring, never to be released until your light releases you and we'll be together again. Your chi will suppress the priests' and pharaohs' powers, allowing you to seek your hikari and conceal yourself from the bandit, Bakura." Then he added in a softer, loving tone. "I'll be waiting for you."

==

The power within

Can make the pyramid of light

Shine forever

Until the eighth millennium

We're gonna be together

But I don't know how

And I don't know when

All I know

==

The pharaoh heard Seto's murmuring words and was about to stop his enchantment, but wavered. It wasn't going to do any real harm, only make it more difficult to conceal the earring. He sighed. He was just going to have to act like it never tookplace.

Seto turned toward his cousin and weakly smiled. "I'm sorry Pharaoh, Atemu. I just can't trust that bandit. I know he'll be back for Jou, or you."

Atemu sweatdropped. //How did he know what I was going to do?//. He chuckled half-heartedly and nodded. "It's okay, Seto. I know what it's like to love andthenlose it. It's a miserable feeling. And don't worry about me. I'm quite capable of taking care of myself."

The priest shook his head. "I'm tired of failing the people around me. They always end up dying. I'm not doing that again!" He exclaimedat the sky.

Atemu stared at his cousinin awe, watching his tears fall one after another onto Jou's cheek. //I wish there was something I could do to make him feel better. //. He looked away concentrating on getting home and how to keep Seto from hunting down that banditon his own.

As soon as they reached the palace, the other priests started to set up the sarcophagus in special designs made especially for Jou, and then readied the invocations. After that, they embalmed Jou's body and placed him on top of a stone slab. All the priests, except Seto, surrounded it. They stared down at the floor, eyes concealed under their hoods, and their hands folded in prayer. They suddenly looked up and rose their hands into the air.

Seto approachedthe foot of the slab and placed Jou's earring on his chest and then stepped back to join the priests in the chanting. "Mighty God of Ra, seal Jou's soul into the ankh!" They kept repeating it until a bright, golden light rose from the ankh earring on Jou's chest like a laser beam pointing to the fullmoon, which was shining over Jou's wrapped form.

Atemu watched with amazementas a small flickering, whitelight fell from the heaven and landed on the earring and then disappeared.

The priests stared at each other for a moment and then nodded. "It has been done," Mahado spoke.

All except Seto moved away from the slab. He waited until they all left, including Atemu.

Atemu stopped near the hall's entrance and watched as Seto leaned down and kissed Jou's forehead.The pharaohsmiled at the approach.

"You'll always be remembered, my love." Seto stepped away from Jou, keeping an eye on him from over his shoulder as he turnedslowly to leave. //I don't want to leave you. You look so lonely lying there. I wish I could always be with you.//.

The pharaoh quickly retreated so not to be seen by his cousin and get an earful on how it was non of his business to stand there and watch like it was a spectacle.

==

The power within

Can make the pyramid of light

Shine forever

Until the eighth millennium

We're gonna be together

But I don't know how

And I don't know when

All I know

==

The world slowly faded back into the present era, where there was nothing by an occupied room.

A few tears landed on Seto's hand as the CEO tried to hold back his whimpering. He trembled violently, wishing he never witnessed the priest's reminiscence. "I…I'll never let that happen to him…never."

To Be Continued

~*~

A/N:

Sisco: Ugh! Cry my heart out why don't I?!?

Seto: T_T I hate you!

Joey: ;_; I can't believe that happened.

Seto: *glomps his puppy* You're not dead! You'll never die!

Joey: *suffocates in Seto's grasp*

Sisco: ^^; Awe! By the way. I got this song from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie Soundtrack. Good music! *nod nod*