Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Brother's Love ❯ Final Chapter ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Author(s): Anime-Blade and Kikyana
Rate: M
Pairing: Tabloidshipping- Seto x Mokuba
Warnings: yaoi, incest, occ-ness in characters, language.
Disclaimer: We don't own anything except the plot! And all OC's
Status: 22/22
A/N: This is a roleplay-turned-fanfiction between my friend and I. It starts out with Mokuba and from there will alternate between the two, gomen if it gets confusing.
------------ ---------------------- ------------------------- ---------------
Chapter Twenty-Two:
 
He nodded slowly, and pushed open the door to Seto's room. It squeaked open slowly. He stepped in, and closed the door gently behind himself. He walked into the room slowly, quietly, and his eyes washed over his brother, who lay in his bed. He couldn't help but cry at the sight. His eyes washed over the older's entire body before he came to stand right beside Seto's bed. He looked down at the bandages on his brother's eyes, blinking slightly. It took him a few moments, before he remembered something. Shizuka had been blind, and Jou had showed him pictured of the two of them when Shizuka had been in the hospital when it first happened...bandages just like these over her eyes...His legs gave out from beneath him, and he fell to his knees, on the floor, his head leaning against the side of the bed as he cried, "I am so sorry Niisan...."
 
Maya looked to him sadly before quietly closing the door. Of course, she wanted to comfort the younger, but what could she do really? He needed his brother, not the bearer of bad news... She shook her head sadly before walking down the hall, needing to get some rest herself, though she wondered whether or not Mokuba would get anymore himself...
 
He eventually composed himself enough to stand up. He grabbed a chair that was on the other side of the room, and he brought it over to the side of Seto's bed. He knew he would not be falling asleep anytime soon. He grabbed the older's hand with both of his, and rubbed the back of it with one of his thumbs, "Niisan....I know you can't hear me...and I'll apologize to you again when you wake up," tears were still streaming down his cheeks, "But I am so sorry....You would have never even left the room if it hadn't been for me...this is all my fault..." He looked down at the floor, tears landing with a small `drip' noise on the floor below him.
 
If not for the numerous fractures, he very well might have returned the light hold on his hand. The only thing that did move slightly was the brunette's chest as he breathed, not quite as freely as he would have liked had he been awake, since the tube running down his throat would hinder it if he tried to breath at his own pace. The teens tears weren't the only 'dripping' sound in the room, the fluid containing pouches connected to the IV's imbedded in the brunette's skin also made the slight sound...
 
He continued to watch the floor and he squeezed his eyes shut, hoping that when he opened them, that all of this would have been a terrible dream. When he opened them, and was still sitting in the same chair, holding onto his brother's hand. He began to get lost in thought. So many things would be different now. Seto wouldn't be able to run a company without his sight...no...Kaiba Corp might have to be handed down to Mokuba, seeing as he was the only remaining Kaiba left. He didn't know if he could do it...his brother loved that company...how could he take it from him?
 
Now normally, blue eyes would have opened, blinking the remains of sleep from them, before the older Kaiba brother would have asked Mokuba what was wrong- followed by questions as to why he was in a hospital... Normally Kaiba would have been yelling for his release papers to be signed so he could leave and get back on task to spending time with his brother, and trying to cheer him up. Normally he wouldn't have had a confused look on his face when he tried to open sapphire eyes that seemed to refuse... His left hand, the opposite of the one Mokuba was holding, came up and lightly touched the bandages, confused further since they hadn't been expected. Seto quickly let his arm drop since the pain in his shoulder was bothering him, not that he was concerned too much by that. His priority at the moment was to figure out why he couldn't open his eyes...
 
He heard the slight movement, how couldn't he? The room had been stark quiet aside from the drips of the IV and the occasional beep from the heart rate monitor. He immediately stood up, "Niisan!?" He looked down at him, "No, no....don't move...." He held the hand just a little bit tighter, relieved to see his brother awake.
 
His brother's voice? He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not, considering how he sounded... Seto made a face when he finally took notice to the tube running down his throat- Kami that would be a pain when they removed it... Seto tilted his head slightly to where he though his brother to be; he couldn't feel the touch on his hand since it was the fractured arm...
 
Mokuba knew his brother couldn't speak, and maybe that made things easier. He wouldn't have to hear his brother lie about how this wasn't his fault. He was afraid to touch him anywhere else, not sure of exactly where he was hurt. "Niisan..." A few more tears fell from his eyes, "I'm so sorry.....this is my entire fault...oh Seto..." He let go of the other's hand, and covered his mouth with his hand, trying to muffle the sounds of his sobs. It wasn't fair for him to be crying now, when it was Seto who was hurt.
 
Once again he was confused, and he couldn't even voice the questions he had... He wanted to comfort his brother- why wouldn't he? It was instinct ional... His attention was focused on the light knocking sound next; before he was sure he heard a door opening. "Mokuba-san?" Seto's mind immediately registered the woman's voice and he wanted to question her, only to gag and make a face because of the tube.
 
Mokuba looked at her, and removed the hands he had covering his mouth. "Niisan is hurt and blind! And it's all my fault!" The tears streamed down his cheeks, and he could taste the salty fluid on his lips, "If I hadn't said those things...you would have never left...why did you have to leave." He kneeled down beside the bed, and leaned his head on the mattress again, hands grasping his brother's again, "I'm so sorry...I'll understand if you want to leave me now...." He wasn't even thinking about the fact that the other woman was in the room anymore. He had gone hysterical, "I love you so much, Niisan...."
 
Blind...? He couldn't be... Him blind? Hurt- yes, he knew that already, his reason for being in the hospital, but surely not... No, they just made a mistake, or are only speculating... He wasn't... He couldn't... NO!
Hazel eyes turned from the teen on the ground to the brunette, before switching to the heart monitor. Her eyes went wide before she cursed and turned around, shouting down the hall for the nurses to get the other doctors. Maya turned back to Mokuba, a slightly angry look in her eyes, "Why would you say that out loud if you knew he was awake!" Her gaze shifted back to the brunette as she rushed over to stand next to the bed, "Go back to the waiting room, you won't be allowed to stay in here..." She bit her lip- the older was already starting to hyperventilate...
 
He hadn't even been thinking when he was speaking; he had been so out of it. 'Seto didn't know....' He stood up and backed away from Seto's bed. No...Something more was wrong with his brother. It was his fault again. "I...I didn't...I didn't mean to...." He pushed past the doctors and nurses that had begun to file into the room, and he ran down the hall, tears falling, not caring when a receptionist told him to stop running. He ran out the front door and kicked the wall. He cursed loudly and slammed the side of his fist against it.
 
It was a good hour before they were able to calm him down and stabilize him once more. Everyone but Maya wanted to simply drug him and force sleep upon him- she decided to calmly tell him what had happened. Before she had though, the tube that had been shoved down the CEO's throat was removed, but only if he promised not to lose it... "What do you mean you can't do anything!" A slight groan escaped him. His throat had been bothering him more after the removal of that vile thing... "Where's Mokuba? I need my brother..." The brunette fought back a pained cry- where was the raven haired teen when he needed him? "Someone's looking for him... He ran from the room when you panicked..." She said softly.
 
Mokuba was still outside the building, sitting on the cold hard ground. This didn't help the pain in his backside, but he didn't care, he deserved it. His elbows leaned against his legs, which were crossed in front of him, and his head rested in his hands. Fingers lost in the raven mess of hair. He rocked back and forth slowly.
 
Someone had finally decided to look outside for the boy, pausing for a moment before speaking to him, "Mokuba Kaiba?" She asked, rather rudely too...
 
Mokuba removed the hands from his hair, and slowly, he upturned his face to look up at her. He looked like hell froze over. His face severely tear stained, his eyes slightly puffy, and if one took the care to notice, his knuckles had dry blood on them, he obviously had hit the wall a few times, "Yes" he croaked out.
 
"Ms. Tamashi is looking for you. She said you probably wouldn't remember where your brother's room was, so follow me." She replied simply.
 
He stood slowly, and followed the woman, limping more so then he had before. "Fine" he replied as he walked slowly behind her. He knew he was going to be yelled at, or at least, thought he knew.
 
She silently led him back to the elder Kaiba's room before turning from him and going else where, most likely to return to what ever her job was supposed to be...
 
He held his hand on the doorknob. Standing there for a few moments in silence. He took a deep breath, trying his hardest to settle himself, before entering the room. He prepared himself for the scolding he thought Tamashi-sensei would give him, and he sighed heavily. He opened the door slowly, and stepped in. He kept his gaze to the floor, not saying a word.
 
Seto turned towards where he knew the door was, waiting for Maya to say something as to who it was. He needed to know if it was his brother or not, and at the moment, the woman sitting near him was his eyes... Turning, hazel eyes lightened when they saw the teen, "Seto-sama's been asking for you, Mokuba-san." She said softly, standing from her chair and walking over to the teen. Touching his shoulder lightly, Maya gave him a slight smile before walking past him and out of the room. Seto had remained silent until he heard the door close... "Mokuba?" There was a slightly hopeful note in his voice...
 
"Hai Niisan..." He walked more into the room, and over to the bed, looking down at him. "I'm here..." He didn't dare say anything else, afraid that if he did he would say the wrong words again. Why was it that all he did was hurt the older?
 
There was a slight note of relief, and a shaky smile was on his lips. Seto reached over with his left hand, ignoring the light pain for now, and once again sounding hopeful as he spoke the younger's name. He needed some form of physical contact, but couldn't figure out exactly where he was...
 
Mokuba saw his hand reach out, and he reached up with both of his own, and grasped it lightly, "Niisan...gomen...." he whispered.
 
"For what?" He asked softly, grasping the other's hand tightly in his. As little as the contact was, he was desperate for it. Anything that told him his little brother was in the same room with him.
 
He tightened his grasp ever so slightly on the older's hand, "For saying what I did back in the hotel room, for being the reason you're in here...and for saying what I did before, and causing you to get even worse...for everything..." A few tears fell from his eyes, and landed on his and the other's hands.
 
Seto wanted to hug him. He wanted to embrace him so tightly he wouldn't be able to breathe... He had to settle for holding his hand and tightening his grasp again, so worried his brother would try and flee again... "It's not your fault Mokuba... Nothing's ever your fault..." He murmured quietly.
 
"Niisan..." Mokuba looked down at him, shaking his head slightly, "Iie, Niisan....this is all my fault...for the past three days...all I've caused you is pain...and now I've put you in the hospital...I am bad luck..."
 
"Don't say that... Don't you dare say that to me!" Anger laced his voice, though it wasn't directed at his brother exactly... Their relatives, the one's that had abandoned them and dumped them off at an orphanage... That's what they had always said about his brother... He wasn't going to have his brother saying that himself!
 
Mokuba knew what his relatives said about him. He hadn't been too young to remember that. When you're little, adults tend to not care if you are sitting right in the room when they talk about you. He cringed when he heard the anger in his brother's voice, "G-gomen Niisan..."
 
He sighed shakily, before loosening his grip on his brother's hand. "Can you come around to the other side?" He asked quietly, head tilted slightly to the side.
 
"Ah...sure..." He blinked and let go of his brother's hand, and walked to the other side, "Do you need something?" he questioned, watching the older intently.
 
Seto stayed quiet for a moment, "Are you able to lie next to me...?" He asked quietly. He knew the bed was by no means small, but that didn't mean it could hold both of them... He would have to simply hope...
 
He looked over the bed. Mokuba was plenty small enough to fit in that bed with Seto, and he knew it...but he was afraid to, "Yes...but I don't want to hurt you, Niisan..."
 
"Just don't lie directly on my chest..." His ribs were still healing after all... "Onegai..." Seto whispered, tilting his head towards him.
 
"Hai..." He slowly slid into the bed beside his brother. He was careful not to touch him, and made sure there were no wires or tubes underneath of him. "Niisan..." He whispered, looking at him.
 
Seto's left arm was semi-wrapped around the younger, his hand resting somewhere on Mokuba's chest. His brother was close enough that he had calmed down again; thoughts of the other leaving the room again disappeared from his mind. "Aishiteru..." He murmured.
 
Mokuba slipped his eyes closed, "Aishiteru matta..." he whispered to the older. A few more tears rolled down his cheeks, though these were more tears of relief. His brother was alive. That's all that mattered. The past few hours he spent, praying that his brother would come out of all of this alive had been hell, but it made him realize- They shared the emotional closeness that he had thought they lacked. They were dependent on each other.
 
He was acting like Mokuba now, needing to hear the endearment, needing to know his brother wouldn't leave him... Why should he stay? What could he possibly offer the younger now? He was practically useless... Seto was somewhat thankful his brother knew how to run the basics of the company, and even then some. It shouldn't take too long before he could run it properly... What would happen to him though? What purpose did he still have? He had nothing except his brother's love- he hoped.
 
Mokuba reached up, placing his own hand over Seto's. He thought about how there lives would be from now on...they would be completely flipped. Mokuba would be the one gone from the house all the time, called off on business trips, and he'd more then likely drop out of high school. He wondered how his brother would deal with it. Seto had worked the company for so long; Mokuba wondered if the older even knew how to do anything else anymore. He also knew Seto would not be able to duel anymore. Two of the major things in his brother's life were being taken from him...like hell Mokuba would ever leave him and take away the third. As if reading the older's mind, he smiled slightly, not that the smile mattered much, and spoke, his voice light and caring, "I will always love you, Niisan."
 
He'd never needed to be dependant on anyone before... Yet now he would have to rely on his brother... What would he do with himself? It only occurred to him now, that he would have to try and get the younger caught up, so that he was able to attend the week's meetings in his place. A smile was on his lips at his brother's words, and he desperately wished they were the truth... What would he do without Mokuba's love?
 
Mokuba sniffled slightly. He had no plans on leaving Seto's bedside at all until he was able to leave the hospital. The meetings weren't even something he thought about. "You know what?" He said, his voice still light, he was trying to keep the other as relaxed as possible, "I think we're going to be okay, Seto...I really do..." He was willing to do anything for his brother, if he needed help with anything, Mokuba would be right there for him. It would take a little getting used to, but all-in-all, Mokuba really did believe they were going to be okay...
 
Seto nodded slightly, turning his hand slightly to grip his brother's hand that still lay on top of his. He allowed himself to lie back against the pillows, slightly calmer with that thought in his mind. If Mokuba thought they would be alright, then they would be, no? It meant his brother wouldn't leave him, so there wouldn't be anything for them to worry over. Of course, the next few weeks were going to be hell because of his recovery and all... He knew he would be stuck in the hospital for a while, and wasn't allowed to fly back home until his injuries were mostly healed. Maya would have normally insisted that he not leave to the hospital until he was fully recovered, but she had told him before she couldn't stand the people here and would let him return to Japan once he was able to get around half decently and was healed enough to not be in pain. Seto was more then looking forward to returning home...
 
------------- ----------------- --------------------------------- --------------------
Review responses
 
MalfoyRocks- Eh… Hope you aren't crying… (I'm like… emotionless…)
Mandy925892002- Well, here's the last update…
Afiong Bassey- Eh… why does everyone say they're going to cry? O.o;
Koi-Bara- Yes… painkillers should work lonher… and faster… and work altogether!! (I've had a splitting headache that hasn't gone away… it's lasted for the past three days or so…))
Shrimp-Toast- Well, no more Cliffies now, lol.
 
Yep, that's right. This is it, the last chapter. It's done, it's over… Have you guys died yet? Oo;;
Make sure to look for the sequel real soon!!