Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Brother's Love ❯ Chapter Twenty-One ( Chapter 21 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Author(s): Anime-Blade and Kikyana
Rate: M
Pairing: Tabloidshipping- Seto x Mokuba
Warnings: yaoi, incest, occ-ness in characters, language.
Disclaimer: We don't own anything except the plot! And all OC's
Status: 21/---
A/N: This is a roleplay-turned-fanfiction between my friend and I. It starts out with Mokuba and from there will alternate between the two, gomen if it gets confusing.
------------ ---------------------- ------------------------- ---------------
Chapter Twenty-One:
 
There was a sigh on the other end before they spoke, "Gomen nasai, Mokuba-san. It's Tamashi Sensei calling... I hadn't expected to be needed while being here- You know your brother though, always wanting to be prepared for anything... Mokuba-san... Seto-sama is in the hospital..." Maya spoke quietly. She was the Kaiba family doctor, and the only other person to know of the things the older Kaiba had been through, since she had been the one to care for his wounds more often then not...
 
Mokuba paled. His eyes went wide and his jaw went slack. He couldn't speak, and for the longest time didn't even breathe. He gulped slightly, and finally mustered up enough energy to talk "Wh-what happened!?" His voice was shaky, and he already felt he was going to cry.
 
"I'm not entirely sure yet... I do know that there was an accident involving a drunk driver." She was silent for a moment more before speaking again, "Has Seto-sama been keeping himself well lately? Eating properly and getting enough sleep?"
 
'Drunk driver!?! Was Niisan hit by a car!? This is all my fault...he left because of what we were talking about...' As usual, he blamed himself entirely. "No, he hasn't been eating right...but I'm pretty sure he's been sleeping enough..." Yes, they had fallen asleep together a lot over the past few days, but Seto was usually still awake when he fell asleep, and also awake before he got up... "Actually...I'm not too sure about that...do you know what hospital he is at? I need to go see him." He was already getting off the bed, completely ignoring the pain in his backside as he walked to his room.
 
"If you can be ready in five minutes I'll pick you up on my way there. I'll see if I can get any more information from the hospital about his current status." Maya said calmly, wondering how the younger was going to take it when they got there. She didn't know the full details, no, but it didn't look good as of yet...
 
"I can be ready in two." he said grabbing a random pair of jeans and a shirt from his pile of clothing. Really not caring whether they matched or not. "I'll be out front of the hotel waiting...thank you for calling me, Tamashi-sensei..." He hung up the phone and got dressed as quickly as he could. He slipped his shoes on, not worrying about socks. He pocketed his room key and his cell phone and walked quickly from the room. They were only on the third floor, and he didn't feel he had the time to wait for the elevator, so he took to running down the stairs. He finally made it to the ground floor, and he walked practically ran out the front door, quickly looking around for the woman's car.
 
Maya pulled up in front of him a moment later, obviously driving a rental since she had to reach over to her right and unlock the car door. "Get in." She said, pulling her cell away from her mouth for a moment before going back to her call. A scowl was on her face seconds later, "I don't give a damn what his condition is! You won't touch him until I'm there unless you would like to deal with a lawsuit!"
 
Mokuba got in quickly and shut the door behind himself. He pulled on his seatbelt and sighed, hearing what she was saying. 'Niisan must being doing badly if the doctors want to start helping him...' he thought to himself. He stared out the windshield as silent tears streamed down his cheeks.
 
Maya shut the phone off before tossing it into the back out of annoyance, letting her attention instead focus on driving. It was silent between them for a few minutes, while she calmed down, before Maya spoke. "Do you want to know his injuries as of current?" She asked quietly.
 
He nodded slightly. "Yes, please.....tell me everything there is to know." He said, his gaze not moving from the windshield.
 
A sigh escaped her lips as she went back to her phone call. "Over all, Seto-sama's right side is more damaged then his left... His left was merely dislocated but… He has five broken ribs, three on one side, and two on the other. Any head injuries are unknown, since I'm not about to let them do more harm then good..." Of course, there were two things she kept to herself- what the teen knew now was enough to deal with, she didn't need him worrying more because of it.
 
He moved his gaze down to the floor, 'If he dies it's your entire fault!' He reprimanded himself. More tears fell from his eyes, and landed on his black jeans. "W-will I b-be able t-to see him?" His voice was still very shaky.
 
"Not immediately, no. Once he's out of surgery I'll see to it that you're allowed in to see him, alright, Mokuba-san?" She asked, hazel eyes glancing at the teen.
 
Mokuba nodded, and kept his gaze down. The thought of Seto dying just kept running itself through his head. What would he do if he wasn't waking up next to his brother every day? And then it hit him. If Seto died then he would die too. He knew he wouldn't be able to live a proper life without him...so why bother trying, "I-is Niisan....is he going to...d-die?"
 
Maya smiled sadly at the raven haired Kaiba brother, "He isn't going to die, Mokuba-san. His injuries aren't that severe, so don't worry... Beside's, even if they were, Seto-sama would most likely end up bargaining with Death itself before he gave in." Which was most likely true, and she needed the other to stop worrying...
 
He sniffled slightly, and reached up wiping his eyes harshly, trying to stop the tears. He smiled ever so softly at the small joke the woman made, "Y-yeah...that s-sounds like Niisan..." He looked back out the windshield "Are we almost there?"
 
"Nearly." She murmured, eyes catching sight of the building that was now within sight. Heading into the parking lot, she hastily killed the engine and took the keys out before shoving them in her pocket and unbuckling, while moving back slightly to reach for her phone. Once it was in her grasp she quickly moved back to the front and opened her side of the door, locking it before closing it behind her and walking towards to the main entrance. There would be hell to pay if they had gone against what she had said...
 
Mokuba quickly unfastened his seat belt, and got out of the car. He locked the door behind himself and followed her into the hospital, "I guess...I'll go to the waiting room..." He said and looked up at the signs. He found one that read waiting room "Please, as soon as you find out anything, good or bad, let me know..." He said and began to walk off in the direction the arrow pointed.
 
Maya sighed, of course she would tell him... She hurriedly ran down the hall- well not running as much as just walking fast. The next few hours were going to be tiresome...
 
--- --- ---
 
It had been quite a few hours since he had sat down in the waiting room. He was curled up on two chairs; he had fallen asleep while waiting for some sort of word on his brother's condition. In his hand, clutched tightly was his cell phone, still flipped open. He had been staring at the picture on it for quite some time before he had fallen asleep.
 
The midnight haired woman walked silently into the waiting room, a sad smile coming to her lips when she saw the younger Kaiba asleep. Maya walked over to the teen, gently shaking his shoulder's to wake him.
 
He groaned slightly, "Mmm....Niisan...gimme five more minutes..." He finally woke up, and noticed where he was, and that it wasn't his brother waking him up. He slowly sat up and then quickly shut his cell phone when he had realized it was still open, "H-how is he?" He asked, rubbing his sleepy eyes.
 
"He's resting right now... I thought you would rather sleep in the same room as him, to be closer." It had to be especially hard for the younger, since all they had was each other...
 
"Of course..." He said and stood up slowly, wincing at the pain he felt. The pain killers had worn off rather quickly. "So, he had his surgeries then?" He asked, looking up at her.
 
She nodded, "He's been in his room for nearly an hour already. We needed to make sure he was somewhat stable first." What good would it do the younger if he saw his brother being carted off right in front of him? While he watched helplessly? "I'll show you where his room is." Maya of course had noticed the other wincing, but wisely stayed quiet.
 
Mokuba walked beside her, a slight limp to his steps. He sighed heavily, knowing his pain was obvious, and he hoped she wouldn't have any questions; he had never been a good liar. "So then, he's alright....everything's going to be okay?"
 
"Seto-sama is alright at the moment..." She answered quietly, but whether or not everything was going to be alright was left to be decided once the older of the two woke... Hazel eyes turned on him, "Fall down the stairs..?" She knew that wasn't it, but if someone else asked, the younger now had something to use as an excuse.
 
He blushed slightly, "Ah...erm....y-yeah..." He managed to stutter out. He growled slightly at himself, and tried to walk the best he could without limping.
 
When they reached the older Kaiba's current room of stay, Maya turned to look at the younger. "Mokuba-san... There's one more thing I didn't tell you earlier, since I wasn't sure of the damage... I'm sure you'll figure it out once you go in though..." She said quietly, before stepping aside and letting the younger through. How would the younger react?
------------- ----------------- --------------------------------- --------------------
Review responses
Oh man! This is Kikyana again, doing the review updates because Ani-Blade feels like being lazy *Waits for the whap* ^^;; Man, Review responses have never been so cool.
 
Shrimp-Toast- Gang-Banged!? Oh my God...That literally made me fall out of my chair laughing. (Ani: Mm… No, though that does sound- with how it's worded and all- hilarious, lol.)
Kikumaru-Twin- Cliffies are fun x3. I have no control over where Ani-chan decides to stop the chapters! (Although, I love the way she puts them together) (Ani: Cliffie are what keep the plot going and the readers coming, lol.)
MalfoyRocks- I have the feeling they weren't severe painkillers, just like, Tylenol or something...everyone has Tylenol o.o;; But anyway, yeah, this story does have a lot of angst >>;; I am the main source...blame it all on me.... (Ani: The painkillers are because, when one stares at a computer screen all day, headaches are very common… -prods pill bottle- Believe me…)
Afiong Bassey- Well, here! Now you know why ^^
Koi-Bara- You really love this story. Hehe ^^;; Try not to die anymore o.o;;
Mandy925892002- In all honesty, we don't see this as ending anytime soon, but we already have an idea of how it may end...you'll just have to stick around to find out ^^