Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Call From Beyond ❯ Breaking Point ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hello once again! Time for ch. 3 ^^

Basic Summary, it seems that Espa is feeling he can't quite live up to being a psychic, he's beginning to break down. Oh, just read it and ignore the crack I'm on today. As always, thanks for reading, without readers there'd be no fanfiction. ^^

Chapter 3: Breaking Point


Espa decided to walk through town to find Joey and tell him what he had seen in his vision. He finally spied Joey, who was looking around for other duelists intently. Espa ran up to Joey.

"Joey!" He called out.

"Huh, hey it's Espa Roba," Joey said to himself. “I wonder what he wants."

Espa seemed out of breath as he finally reached Joey, he looked kind of pale and he bent slightly over, put his hands on his knees and started breathing hard. His body was still in a weak state though he had time to calm down.

"Hey Espa, you look kinda sick pal." Joey said, feeling a bit concerned for his friend.

"Joey," Espa said, looking kind of worried "I have to tell you something."

"What is it, Espa?" Joey asked.

"I had this vision, a Real one this time. I swear. " Espa started to say, then Joey followed quickly after.

"Look Espa, I know were friends and all now, but I'm not givin' ya back your Jinzo card." Joey told Espa.

"Eargh! I don't want the damn card! " Espa screamed at Joey. Joey looked rather shocked. "Look, I'm really psychic, ok?"

Joey burst out laughing, as if Espa were telling a friendly joke. “Oh man," Joey said as he put his hand on his head. " That was hilarious Roba, you should do stand up comedy."

Espa Roba was getting really angry at Joey for not listening to him. “I’m not fooling around, Wheeler!! I'm being serious; your sister is in big trouble! If you don't do something, she could die! Do you think it's funny now? Well, do you?! " Espa screamed at the top of his lungs, this made him start heaving once more and holding his side.

"Serenity? She could die? " Joey asked.

"Yes, but the future can change. Maybe my prediction will change." Espa said.

Joey tried to keep a straight face. " Yeah, right Espa.." Joey said in between trying to hold his laughs back. “We all know your not a real psychic, so you may as well cut the crap Roba."

Espa looked at Joey and was furious to the point of tears. “Look Wheeler! You won't be laughing when you’re dueling for your sister's life and she's been banished to the Shadow Realm, will you!?!"

Joey told Espa with a smile, " Suuuure, I believe ya."

Espa's face lightens up as if he had finally gotten through to Joey. “You do?" He asked, unsure of himself.

"Yeah," Joey said to Espa, and then his sincerity turned into a joke once more. “When duel monsters live in my ears!" He began to laugh at Espa again.

"ARGH! GO TO HELL WHEELER!" Espa shouted with ferocity as he ran off. Espa hated to be laughed at and humiliated, he hated it when the crowd laughed at him in his last duel with Joey, all he was trying to do was help someone he cared for, and now he is being treated the same way for trying to help someone who was a dear friend.

Then, it finally hit Joey. **How does Espa know about the Shadow Realm?** Joey asked himself in his mind, but Espa was already gone from sight. ** Maybe I was too hard on the guy**

Espa ran to a nearby alley. He leaned up against the wall and slid down, where he sat in sadness; tears streaming down his cheeks. Espa put his hands on his forehead and began to shake as he wept silently.

“I can't take it anymore." Espa told himself. “All I do is try to help, but they throw it back in spades. What can I do? Why did I ever pretend to be psychic? At the time, it seemed like a good idea..yeah right..Why? Why did you pick me! I wish I never existed!" Espa began to yell. “CAN’T YOU SEE?! I'M MISERABLE! IT'S BAD ENOUGH I BROUGHT THINGS ON ME BY CHEATING IN THE TOURNAMENT! IS THIS SOME TYPE OF SLOW TORTURE!?! TELL ME!!"

Espa began to cough. He tried to calm down. “I don't know what to do anymore."

Espa sat there for a while, sulking in sadness, trying to ponder his current situation. It seemed that all was bleak for Espa Roba, and nothing seemed to be getting better. The current situation looked hopeless from here.

Please R&R! I know this chapter is short, but I'm still thinking of things to post. Hopefully I'll have more next chapter. ^^ Thanks again!