Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Call From Beyond ❯ Accusations ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Here we go, I finally have ch. 4! Enjoy!

Chapter 4: Accusations


At the hospital Tristan and Bakura are lying sprawled on the floor. Tristan is lying on an empty bed, and Bakura is laying in the middle of the floor. Tristan wakes up; everything that was blurry began to clear. Tristan had a horrendous headache and moaned with pain as he rubbed his forehead. He eyed Bakura on the floor and went over to wake him up. He shook Bakura and Bakura slowly began to spring to life once more.

"What happened Tristan?" Bakura asked as he looked around, as if to try and remember where he was.

"We're at the hospital." Tristan said as he looked around, he spied the empty bed.

"Serenity!" He yelled. " She's gone!"

"Whoever knocked us out must have taken her."

"We've got to tell Joey!" Tristan said, knowing that Joey, being the protector that he was, would come to her rescue.

"Right."

Joey is walking around nearby, still looking for a sign of any duelist with skill, he couldn't possibly duel a novice with his title to uphold. He looked over and saw Tristan and Bakura running towards him.

"Hey it's Bakura and Tristan." Joey said to himself as they drew near. "Hey guys, what's up?"

"Joey," Tristan said with concern. " You're not going to like this."

"What do ya mean?" Joey said.

"Serenity is missing." Bakura told Joey. " Someone knocked her out and took her out of her hospital room."

"I bet it's those Rare Hunter guys." Joey said. " I ran into them a while ago. They stopped me on the way here. . . . . . Wait a sec!"

Joey had remembered Espa Roba saying something about Serenity. The vivid image came to Joey's mind in a whirlwind:

"I'm not fooling around, Wheeler!! I'm being serious; your sister is in big trouble! If you don't do something, she could die! Do you think it's funny now? Well, do you?! "

That was the first quote to come to Joey's mind, then shortly afterwards, the second persuading quote to Joey's theory came to mind:

"Look Wheeler! You won't be laughing when your dueling for your sister's life and she's been banished to the Shadow Realm, will you!?!"

This was the most convincing quote. Joey looked at Tristan and Bakura, this time he seemed angry.

"Ohhhh..That little bastard! He was a Rare Hunter!" Joey yelled.

"What are you talking about, Joey?" Tristan asked.

"That psycho freak Espa Roba, kept tellin' me about how Serenity was goin' ta be sent to the Shadow Realm. He was a Rare Hunter!" Joey said in a fury.

"You mean that guy that was giving you so much trouble in your duel?" Tristan asked. " Kinda puny for a Rare Hunter, don't you think?"

"It would make sense that he was a Rare Hunter. Ya see, I got this explanation. He goes into duels and pretends to be psycho.."

Tristan cuts him off. " Psycho? You sure?"

"Yes Tristan, I'm sure." Joey proceeded. " He pretends that he can see the other person's cards, but really he's got friends in high places."

" Um, Joey." Tristan interrupted again.

"WHAT?" Joey said audibly and slightly annoyed.

"That's psychic, Joey."

"Whatever! Psycho, psychic, what's the difference? Just listen to my theory, here."

"Ok, whatever you say." Tristan sarcastically agrees.

"Ok, now where was I? Oh yeah, he pretends to see other people's cards then he can know how to beat them and take their rare cards from them." Joey finally said.

Then Joey took off down the street to return back to where he last confronted Espa Roba, knowing he'd be in that vicinity.

As Joey was making his way to his destination. Espa was walking around, but he set himself apart from the other duelists, he didn't have his dueling disk on. He didn't feel like dueling today, he simply felt like walking around and trying to piece his life together.

He kept having a persistent vision of a building, repetitive in his mind, inside of the building he saw a robed figure. He tried to ignore this constant vision, but it kept repeating so Espa had no choice but to visualize it.

"Oh, leave me alone. " Espa said to himself. " I know there's a Rare Hunter in that building, I'm not going in there, ok?"

No matter how hard Espa tried to argue with his mind, he was loosing. He got another vision of someone coming to him from nearby. He looked down the street, but there was nothing there. Espa continued to stare until three figures appeared. Espa just stood there and waited for them to come, he wasn't going to argue with his mind, he wasn't sure if he was sane enough as it was.

"ESPROBA!" Joey yelled, not caring if it was said wrong, or if it was one or two words. Joey stomped up to Espa Roba and grabbed him by the collar of the shirt and lifted him up a ways.

"Ok, ya cheatin' psycho bastard, what did you and you're Rare Hunter friends do wit' my sister!" Joey yelled.

"I'm not a Rare Hunter, Joey." Espa said simply in a hollow voice, he was much to sad to fight back.

"How do ya know about that Shadow Realm, huh?" Joey demanded.

"I told you Wheeler, I'm really a psychic, now you see...I'm not making things up. " Espa continued to say in his zombie-like voice void of all emotions.

" I bet ya know where they are, don't ya?"

"Well, yes I do but..."

"Ha! You're gonna take me to them, Rare Hunter!" Joey ordered.

"Well, hold on and I'll see where they are." Espa said.

Joey put Espa down and glared at him. " I'm not lettin' ya out of my sight, psycho boy."

Espa stood there for a minuet and closed his eyes. Joey, Tristan and Bakura stood by him, making sure he wouldn't make any sudden moves. Espa knew he could not outrun Tristan and Joey, nor did he want to. He was more questioning as to why his friends were using him like that. Why would they accuse him of being a Rare Hunter? In his point of view, he had done nothing wrong but try and help Joey, whom he thought was his friend.

But, Espa Roba knew if he could take them there, he could change the future that was written in his mind and save Serenity.

"Fine...I'll take you there. Follow me." Espa said as he headed north, Tristan, Bakura and Joey following closely behind. Espa stopped and turned around.

"Hey, Joey," he said.

"What Roba?"

"I'm not a Rare Hunter, honestly, and I don't understand why your treating me like this, but, I see that I have to prove that to you. It's good to make friends, but it's worse when you loose them, especially when you very few to begin with." Espa said as he turned around and began to walk again.

"Guess ya will." Joey said to the back of Espa's head.

Espa stopped infront of an old factory type building.

"This is it, the Rare Hunters are in here, and, don't you think that if I'm a Rare Hunter that I would have Exodia or a God card?" Espa asked.

"Not all Rare Hunters have Exodia or an Egyptian God card Espa, you had Jinzo. That's a pretty Rare and powerful card, and you took Rex Raptor's Serpent Knight Dragon, so what would make me think that you're not a Rare Hunter?" Joey asked.

"But you know those are the Battle City rules, you have to give your rarest card up, and don't you think that if I was a Rare Hunter, I'd just steal it from you like those other Rare Hunters stole your Red Eyes Black Dragon?" Espa continued to ask.

"How do ya know about that, Espa?" Joey asked, knowing that no one was there but he and the band of Rare Hunters.

"See Wheeler, I know what I'm talking about, and I think you should at least give me the benefit of the doubt." Espa said, knowing he was winning the conversation.

"Eh, fine then, but if I ever figure out you're liein' to me Roba, that pretty face of yours will need rearrangin'!" Joey threatened as he shook his fist at Espa. Though he was still leery about what Espa had to say, he still had some belief in his theory.

"Well, this is it." Espa said as the four of them gazed at the building, Joey, Bakura and Tristan could only wonder what dangers lurk inside....

Thanks for reading! Please R&R!! As always I enjoy your comments, perhaps if you put up ideas of what you'd like to happen they may appear in this fic or another one you choose to review that I have not completed