Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Call From Beyond ❯ A Lost Soul ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Here is chapter 5.

What does Serenity feel now that she is in Malik's possession. How will things end? Find out in my 5th chapter of my fanfic...A Call from Beyond. As told from Serenity's point of view.

Chapter 5: A Lost Soul


Serenity sat in a dark room, staring with empty eyes. The room was silent except a soft breeze blowing through a small window. Even Serenity's grief was silent. She sat there in grief, her eyes filled with deep sorrow, and stared into the darkness with a lost, lonely expression.

She heard something move in the corner of the dark room.

"Joey?" She asked, seeing if he was still with her, but received no answer. She continued to stare off, and still all was silent. Her head was resting in what seemed to be a thoughtful tilt of her head, but in reality, it was one of deep sorrow. Her face was void of emotion and her brown eyes were empty.

Joey...Your smiling face glanced at me, reaching out with open arms. Your smile soon fades as the car travels farther and farther away. You took me away from him once more, now I sit here in this eternal darkness You, taking my life in your evil hands. . . . . .

You ripped our lives apart once more. I'm afraid of you, and you consume my every thought. Every morning, I wake up and fear what you are going to do to my friends and family. You are so corrupt, making things a living hell for others. So many have suffered...

Someone walked into the room I could hear their footsteps as they approached me. You fill my head with deception and lies, and try to overcome my mind with yours, I still fight you now, hanging on by a thread. As I also hang on with a thread of sanity.

I hope Joey hates you. I hope he feels like killing you for all the wrong you have done, but my dreams are in vain. You're using your mind to manipulate us.

A hand touched mine, it melted some of the fear and ice that shrouded my heart and mind. I heard gentle words, but I could not recognize the voice of this man who spoke to me. I could not see him through the bandages, but he said his name was Espa Roba, and that he dueled my brother in his first duel. He also told me that Joey, Bakura and Tristan were dueling with Malik. He broke off from the others to come to my aid and keep me safe, he had 4 brothers, and he said he knew how it would feel if Joey ever lost me.

We sat in the darkness, not saying a word. My body was frozen, I couldn't move. I could hear a shrill cry as I found strength to move a bit closer to the man that was with me, I could feel his warm breath on my face. The cry grew louder and the pitch rose high, it went through my head as a blood curdling scream. I pulled my head down and clenched my eyes shut, trying to get rid of the scream that echoed through my head like a screeching banshee. I began to tremble and I could feel a warm embrace and reassurance that I was all right, and that they would never leave my side. I opened my eyes, the scream finally died down as I sat there, with this person I've never heard of.

My thoughts were fading in and out as I heard him speak.

"You." I heard him say. That was all I caught of that sentence. It wasn't enough to grab any hold of my attention so I continued to have my head staring downward, wondering where I was, I was so blind.

"...Psychic..." I heard him say further. I still didn't know what he was talking about, nor did I care. My eyes felt weird and I didn't know why. They burned, I felt him put his head on my shoulder, but I didn't move. I made no attempt to take his comfort.

" I...fault...I'm in...prediciment...Joey.." I heard him stress. That was enough for me to divert my attention back to him and listen to what he had to say. He mentioned Joey. The one thing on my mind.

What does anyone know about my pain? What about my suffering? Everyone looks at me as a weakened, frightened little girl who's confused and afraid of her own reality. But I am. I was afraid to be alone. I was afraid and confused.

All seemed to fade around us and I could faintly smell the scent of cherry blossoms and rainwashed air. Outdoors. Laying in the grass, resting in peace as you lay beside me, watching, paitient....My protector...I lifted my head up and I gave him a faint smile, though I could not see his face to get a reaction back.

Malik brainwashed me....into being corrupt. He forced me to be this way. You become sorrowful. As do I. Darkness had taken over my mind. This darkness has caused me to hurt the ones I love. I could've warned you, Joey...but I didn't. Why? Why didn't I do it? Why did I let him manipulate me like this?

"Why?" I asked in a very distant, lost voice. My mind was blank and I was too confused with my own feelings to feel the comforting touch of Espa Roba. All was quiet once more. I knew he was staring at me. He was staring and searching for something he would never find. I'm empty. Empty to the world.

"Serenity.." He whispered. My being was locked on him and a look of pain and sorrow deeper then Espa could ever reach filled my once empty soul. I was weak. I could have never stopped Malik from manipulating me for his evil cause. I've been sucked into a trap long before I had the chance to relay any kindness to this kind stranger. But did I really even want to give him any?

Kindness? I could feel his gentle touch on my cheek. A tear hit my hand. My face was wet. I don't remember expressing my pain in tears.

Why did I want him with me? What was his true purpose? Had I wanted pity....or love? Neither. I wanted protection and support, but I had lost it because of my possession. The Rare Hunters took Joey's favorite card, as I watched there in the hospital helpless, weak. It had been because of that weakness that I didn't want you beside me. I was too weak for you. I have always been weak. He put his hand on the side of my face and his breath pattern went downward. I felt a tear hit my collarbone, but it was not my own. It was his. He knew suffering. He knew loss. He knew how it felt in his own way. He understood how hard it was to loose something. For him, it was friendship and family. For me, it was freedom.

"I'm afraid, Espa Roba," bearly above a whisper. It had been the first words I had spoken on my own in the past day. He hugged me. He cared for me. He forced a smile to my lips, my mind blurred once again. I pulled my head back and turned it away. (A/N: Man that was cold ><) Caring. Caring is what I feared most. The stunned look he must have had...So painful...

"what did I do?" Espa asked. He was determined to hold my attention no matter how hard it tried to divert itself away, it would always return to him. I let his words float around and scrambled through my mind and I found myself asking the same question, what did I do? I wanted love. I needed it, but I couldn't have it. I couldn't have it because of my weakness and fear. I aimlessly said "I don't know.." My mind wondered once again...

Please R &R! Tell me what you think ^^ I'm always opened to suggestions.