Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Call From Beyond ❯ Protector ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
This is still told from Serenity's P.o.v. Here's chapter 5, as the fic is beginning to wind down.

Chapter 6: Protector


Espa Roba rested into my body.

"I'm here for you," he said. I looked at him with a face that was void of emotions and of caring. Espa tilted his head and asked me something. I didn't hear it. I didn't have to hear him to know what it was. What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong. I'm in a living hell. You know what I'm talking about Roba. You've been there. You know how it feels to have all the was meaningful ripped from you. You're there for me....You understand me.

he's been listening to me the whole time, he knew how I was feeling. The link. He knows. He was my one thing in my entire life that was more then a useless discovery, but something capable of feelings and thoughts. He was my protector, my friend. I smiled at him for the first time in my life, I felt the love I needed. I could hear it in his words, even if I wasn't listening. the real world was lost and I couldn't be able to find it, maybe I could with his guidance. His love and understanding ripped me in half.

*****************

I could hear Joey, Tristan and Bakura coming into the room. They ran over to me, but it didn't lift my spirits as it used to.

"Serenity!" Joey shouted as he put his arms around me. " I'm so glad you're safe."

"Joey.." I said faintly as I hugged him back.

"So, " Espa said as he stood up. As he moved away from me, I became afraid and the warm aura of love left my being.

"It's ok Serenity." Joey told me," Malik is in the shadow realm now. Well, at least for now. He'll be back though, I can feel it. Thanks to Bakura, that is. He made an illusion and Malik touched it, sending him to the Shadow Realm, but we don't know for how long."

"Let's get you back to the hospital." Tristan said to me, concerned for my being.

****************

I lay in the drab hospital room. I could hear my name, but I never gave it much thought, at least enough to look up. I heard my name again, but still I didn't look up. Someone had their hand on mine. Espa Roba?

Malik. You stand in my path and blocked my every way with my loved ones in your arms. I would try to find another way, but always get lost. Someone had given me bad directions.

"Serenity.." Espa Roba said softly. I heard Joey speak, but not to me. To the others. To Espa. They squawked and squabbled about me. Espa. He was worried. Deeply worried. Joey. He was confused. The other two, they sounded like they cared, but did they? Or did they think I was insane and about to kill everyone. Was I? No, I wasn't. I wasn't out to kill anyone. Espa. Trying to back me up, like always. He was a good friend and didn't deserve to witness this. Sorry Espa, sorry Joey. I haven't been myself lately. Or....have I? Is this how I've always been? A smile faded as I looked down at the pale bedsheets.

I was weak. This hospital made me lightheaded. I turned my head feeling the dizziness and lightheadedness and spinning of the room around me. I heard my name again and without thinking fell out of the bed and was consumed by blackness of a different sort. Everyone was gone, except Espa. He stood by my side. He stood by my side, coeing to me softly as my body shook from the force of my sickness. I came through finally I tried my hardest to focus my thoughts on Espa's voice, as he tried to calm me down and coax to me, but no matter how hard I tried, my thoughts would often wonder to the thoughts of others. Usually, if you see someone sick, you try to calm them down and treat them delicately. None of the medical staff did that, only Espa. He was the only one who cared for me. They just stared with dropped jaws and wide eyes. I hated them. I hated my past and the man who stole my mind.

"Come on, Serenity," Espa whispered as he held my hand and helped me back into my best as best he could. I risen to my trembling feet. My body shook as I was weak. I lay back into the fluffy bed and white sheets, and I felt somewhat rested. I could feel a wet, cold washcloth as it gently passed over my face. I could feel it consuming my body, sending shivers down my legs. Espa sat by my side and cupped his hand with the cool, damp cloth and spread it across his palm, letting me rest my head on his gentle body. I sighed and a tear ran down my face, I didn't feel t, but I could feels Espa's gentle hand wipe it away.

Espa, he helped me out when I needed it, and protected me from other's threats. Wait a minuet. I had created this friendship out of hard times, but didn't it end up the other way around? Wasn't it him who would get up during the wee hours of the night and talk to me because I was having a nightmare? Wasn't it him who helped me to get people to notice I was having troubles?

Looks like I'll have to do this on my own. I will just have to continue to be patient, recovery would be long, but, for my sake, I hope it's quick.

Tell me what you think R&R I love reading them, as always. Please feel free to make suggestions.