Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Call From Beyond ❯ Psychic Madness ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hello all, it's time for chapter 7. Will this fic ever end? ...I sure do hope so, but I'm getting a ton o' reviews and I'd like to thank you all. ^________^

Chapter 7: Psychic Madness


Espa sat at the edge of the bed as he saw Serenity finally calm down and rest asleep.

"There, " Espa said to himself. " Poor girl, she's been through so much."

Espa had been at the hospital for three days monitoring Serenity. Ever since Malik's possession over her, she had been acting rather strangely. Espa decided he'd go outside for a while and get some fresh air while Serenity was asleep.

*************

He looked up at the sky, staring at the moon as it illuminated his face with pale, white light. It felt good to breathe some fresh air, it lifted Espa's spirits some. He felt a sense of peace as he stood there on the balcony and enjoyed the coolness of the soft gentle night breeze. His only regret was not being with his brothers at the moment.

Espa walked down the stairs and onto the concrete ground, still staring up at the moon. Tristan came into his line of light, but Espa did not look completely at him. His eyes were fixed on the paleness of the moon. He could hear Tristan talking to him, so he turned around and glared at him.

He asked about Serenity and then proceeded to question his relations with her. Tristan began to yell at Espa and threaten him not to get too close to Serenity. Espa just stood there, as he always had and took everything Tristan threw at him.

"I challenge you to a duel!" Tristan said as he pointed at Espa, "The winner gets Serenity."

"Tristan.."

Espa and Tristan spun around and there stood Serenity, she had been listening to the whole conversation. Tristan started to speak calmly and apologize to her. Espa just stood there, transfixed on their conversation.

"I'm not a trophy, Tristan." Serenity told him, "just because Espa is with us, doesn't mean that I like you any less, but, you know...He's helped me with a lot. " Serenity said. " How can I trust you when you lied to me about Joey? He's my brother and if something's ever wrong, I should always know. "

"I said I was sorry Serenity." Tristan told her in a somewhat angry voice.

"You should talk gently you know. She's been through a lot, and you yelling at her isn't helping her any." Espa told Tristan.

"Look, Roba." Tristan said looking back at Espa. "Stay out of this, you already messed with our mind's enough."

"But.."

"Tristan, don't pick on him. He was nice enough to stay with me while you were dueling Malik." Serenity said, looking very upset.

"You should calm yourself Serenity." Espa said gently.

Tristan remembered back to the duel with Malik, and how he and Joey followed Espa, incase there were any traps. Joey had to duel Malik for Serenity's life, and just as it seemed the Joey would surely loose, Bakura transformed and used the powers of his Millennium Ring to create a trap for Malik, a deadly illusion that, if touched would send him straight to the depths of the Shadow Realm. Malik seemed cautious about it, but eventually Bakura made it to where Malik was able to touch it, if even by an accident and thus, sealed his fate....Well, for the time being. But Tristan knew that it was not going to be so simple to rid themselves of Malik that easily.

"Serenity.." Tristan trailed off.

"I'm going back inside.." Serenity told Espa and Tristan. " You can come in, when you decide love isn't something that can be won, Tristan."

"Damn it!" Tristan said as he stomped on the ground. "This is all your fault you know!" Tristan turned around to point the finger of accusation at Espa, but as soon as he spun around..Espa was gone.

"Hey," Tristan said with a dumbfounded look. "Where'd he go?"

*************

Please R&R! There will probably be at least 1 or 2 more chapters. And as always, feel free to make suggestions. ^^