Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Call From Beyond ❯ The Healing Process ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Here we go, The exciting conclusion to this fic....

Chapter 8: The Healing Process


**********************

In the hospital room.......

*********************

Serenity sat in the small confines of the hospital, she was alone once again, and no one was there for her..Joey was out battling in the Battle City Tournament. She sat in silence for a while..

Suddenly, her door creaked open. She turned her head at the noise, but could not see who was there. She shrunk down in her bed.

"Who's there?" She asked, in an uncertain voice, she had fear now. Fear from the occurrences on the past, and ones to happen in the future.

"It's me, Espa Roba." He told her.

"Oh," Serenity said with a hand over her chest. " You scared me, Espa."

"Are you all right, Serenity?"

"I'm ok, I guess. " Serenity said, feeling a little down. " I'm just a little sad.."

Espa walks over and sits on the side of the hospital bed gently and stares at Serenity.

"You could tell me about it, unless it's something that you just don't want to talk about, or tell your brother." Espa said, knowing Joey and Serenity were very close.

"Ok, I'll talk." Serenity said.

They sat together and talked throughout the night about most anything. One conversation led to another and they began to know each other a little better then just a stranger and a frightened little girl. Over time, they eventually become friends. And Serenity is on a recovery from the mental illness which plagues her. Tristan would come often and see her, as would her brother and his friends; but the one thing that made her smile, was Espa Roba and his kindness. Kindness enough to make her smile and be there for her in hard times. Faithfulness, faithfulness enough to never leave her, or he owed that much to her.

******************************

Time passed and it was time to remove the bandages from Serenity's eyes. For once she could see the world in all of the vivid colors and textures that she used to, all would be clear after years of bad eyesight.

"Are you ready Serenity?" the Nurse asked.

"Yes, but....Can I ask a favor of you?" Serenity responded with a question.

"Sure." The Nurse said happily.

Serenity grabbed Roba's hand and turned her head in his general direction.

"I would like Espa to take off the bandages." Serenity told Espa. " I want to make sure your face is the first I see. I've been waiting to see you, ever since you were in that room and I was afraid. You described the way you looked to me, but still, I can only imagine what exactly it looks like."

Espa agreed and began to unravel the bandages, as he did, Serenity's sight began to improve. Espa took off the last of the bandages.

"Hi Serenity." Espa said with a smile. " It's me, Espa Roba."

Serenity gets close to him, " So you're the one who helped me out all of this time."

"Y-y-yes.." Espa stuttered. He grew nervous with Serenity so close.

"Thank you." Serenity said with her hand on his shoulder. She hugged him, then pulled away. Espa looked somewhat shocked and a bit nervous, but Serenity didn't seem to mind, she just stared into the eyes of that protector whom she grew so fond of, that gentle soul who put her worries behind her.

~ END~

That's the end, there's no more folks. I hope you all will read a fic I have called Unconditional Love, it's a Malik fic, but I need reviews badly. *Yeah this is her cheap pop up sign* Anyway please R&R!! Tell me what you think of this fic and the ending I gave it, and I realize this is a weird couple and probably the first in Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic history! But I like to keep my fics original, but possible.

Thanks to all who have read and did not flame, I've gotten 0 flames on this fic, and I hope to keep it that way ^____^

Domo Arigato! {Thank you}