Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Heart ❯ Family Ties ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-gi-oh. I just don't... and don't expect the next chapter to come out for a LONG while. T_T



Diana woke up the next morning, recollecting past events in her thoughts. Okay, first I'm here for this tournament because I thought I would find some competition. Then I end up dating Seto Kaiba... I got ambushed by that hooded psycho until Joey saved me. Now Kage gets kidnapped while I find out I have some Egyptian past life I didn't even know about and people are still trying to get their hands on my Millenium Tiara! What have I gotten myself into? She sat on the bed with her hand to her forehead. She stared out the window as Domino City was full of activity. There was a knock at the door and Diana went to answer it.

"Hey Mokuba."
"Hi Diana. You mind if I brought your breakfast up here?"
"No, go ahead Mokuba."

He handed her the tray of food which was placed next to a newspaper. Mokuba stood there seeming to be observing something carefully.

"Is there something you want Mokuba?"
"Um, no. Well, can I tell you something?"
"Sure. Just say it."
"OK, Seto kept some old pictures of our parents after they died to show me, and I noticed that you looked kinda like mom."

He handed her a photo. It was barely layered with dust but she could tell the contents. There was a tall dark-haired woman with dark-violet eyes. She held the hand of a toddler Seto which Diana couldn't help but think how cute he was. She did notice a close resemblence, especially if Diana wasn't wearing her glasses.

"Yeah, I think I DO look like her in a way..."
"Well, I was thinking that's why Seto likes you so much but I was afraid to ask him."

She thought about that but realized she had somewhere to go.

"Here Mokuba. *hands him the photo* I'm going to go visit someone so I'll have to eat and run."
"Okay Diana."

She ate and changed into something comfortable for today. The newspaper had an article about her and Seto on the front page. Typical for the press to put THAT on the front page. She left and after an hour of almost getting lost, she found her destination. I should tell him to give me a map next time... She entered through the shop doors and found him waiting behind a counter.

"Hey cousin!"
"Hey Duke, how's business?"
"Not too bad really. Dungeon Dice Monsters is a big hit with everybody."
"That's great Duke."

Diana spent most of the day at Duke's shop and left before early evening. She questioned about Seto's feelings for her. Did he really love her, or is she just there as Seto's remembrance of a time gone by? She called a taxi, unaware of the dark brown eyes of the master following her, waiting for a chance to strike...



Yes, Duke Devlin is Diana's cousin. Who is the master? I'll leave that for you to find out in the later chapters... R&R!